Magneto vs The Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-V6WMv0BAKtw/UCtakYSwD_I/AAAAAAAADfQ/05jT2t-EnkY/s1600/mg.jpg

Magneto plans to take over the world. But has noted a considerable force that may be an obstacle to his plan - The Avengers.

He has had a week to study them in action, and has learnt about their general powers and capabilities.

Magneto has had one week prep, and has lured them into a metal scrapyard to wipe them out once and for all.

http://www.wintonsworld.com/cars/carnews/carnews%20constructs/auto-news-pics/scrap-pile.jpg

Avengers:

1. Ironman
2. Thor
3. Hulk
4. Captain America
5. Hawkeye
6. Black Widow

With the battlefield and knowledge advantage, can Magneto live up to his team-wrecker reputation?

This is the young Magneto, but has the feats from all X-men movies.

jaden101
Hulk smash.

Rest die.

dadudemon
Magneto kills them all in less than a second.

That includes Thor and Hulk.

Impediment
Magneto wins, but not easily.

maxivitopowe
is this comic Mags vs Movie Avengers?

cos if so this is an unmitigated stomp in Mags favour

FrothByte
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
is this comic Mags vs Movie Avengers?

cos if so this is an unmitigated stomp in Mags favour

No, it's movie version. Young Magneto but with all of his feats from the rest of the X-men movie.

Anyway, he definitely can win, but not without a great deal of difficulty. He can definitely lose as well.

IM, Cap, and BW die. Not sure what exactly Mags can do to Hulk and Thor. He can bash on them with all the cars in the scrap yard all day and hope that knocks them out, but if they survive that what then?

I was thinking he could manipulate the metal scales in Thor's armor, but then it seems that Thor can make those appear or disappear at will. And I don't think Mags can manipulate Mjolnir. Then there's Hulk. Don't know what Mags is going to do about Hulk.

Of course, Thor can just go ballistic and start calling down lightning like crazy. With all the metal in the place it will pretty much fry everyone in the vicinity.

Firefly218
If mag had time to study the avengers, he can surely make a plan. Still won't be enough to take out Thor or Hulk.

Avengers win

Utrigita
I have a very hard time seeing Magneto do any lasting damage to Hulk. I think his best option is to bfr him.

I can see mag winning but Thor and Hulk will be tough opponents.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Utrigita
I have a very hard time seeing Magneto do any lasting damage to Hulk. I think his best option is to bfr him.

I can see mag winning but Thor and Hulk will be tough opponents.

thumb up

Magnetic kind of defies physics for fun.

Psychotron
Magneto.

dadudemon
Originally posted by FrothByte
Of course, Thor can just go ballistic and start calling down lightning like crazy. With all the metal in the place it will pretty much fry everyone in the vicinity.

I know it is not the comics but even Storm knows not to use lightning against Magneto.

FrothByte
Originally posted by dadudemon
I know it is not the comics but even Storm knows not to use lightning against Magneto.

Why?

KingD19
In the comics Magneto controls the entire electromagnetic spectrum, not just magnetism. It's why he can make forcefields and wormholes and draw energy from planets and stuff. In the movies he just uses magnetism.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
In the comics Magneto controls the entire electromagnetic spectrum, not just magnetism. It's why he can make forcefields and wormholes and draw energy from planets and stuff. In the movies he just uses magnetism.

Well yeah in the comics. He's never showed the capability in the movies though. I don't recall him making force fields in the movies. Was he even able to fly?

NemeBro
Thor throws Mjolnir at Magneto and takes his head off.

It travels far faster than Mags can react to, even if we assume he could control it.

Stealth Moose
Even though he caught bullets in flight en masse?

NemeBro
Considering Mjolnir easily travels hundreds of times the speed of sound? Yes.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Even though he caught bullets in flight en masse?

Well we know he can catch bullets. I doubt he can control Mjolnir. He'll lift his hand to stop it and will get smashed in the face.

KingD19
Well yeah in the comics. He's never showed the capability in the movies though. I don't recall him making force fields in the movies. Was he even able to fly?

He can hover around in the movies.

And I wouldn't say Mjolnir when thrown is that fast. It's clearly visible when he throws it, and Kurse casually swatted it away while it was flying at him from behind. And Kurse wasn't fast at all.

Silent Master
A flying Mjolnir will have a lot more force behind it than bullets.

NemeBro
Originally posted by KingD19
He can hover around in the movies.

And I wouldn't say Mjolnir when thrown is that fast. It's clearly visible when he throws it, and Kurse casually swatted it away while it was flying at him from behind. And Kurse wasn't fast at all. It breached through the upper atmosphere in moments.

It is that fast. thumb up

KingD19
That was when Thor was summoning it to him from extremely far wasn't it? Not him actually throwing it.

Because when he throws it, it's a whole lot slower.

NemeBro
No, that was when Kurse deflected it in the second movie.

KingD19
Well it either slowed down a great deal, or Kurse and Thor have selective speed.

Stealth Moose
Well we know he can catch bullets. I doubt he can control Mjolnir. He'll lift his hand to stop it and will get smashed in the face.

I'm not sure he can control Mjolnir either. But if he could, then he can ragdoll Thor, and it's a moot point. Mags' actual ability to exert force through magnetic ability is off of the charts, even in the film.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I'm not sure he can control Mjolnir either. But if he could, then he can ragdoll Thor, and it's a moot point. Mags' actual ability to exert force through magnetic ability is off of the charts, even in the film.

Yeah but the difference is, Thor and Hulk have a good chance of surviving Magneto's attacks but same can't be said for Magneto.

Plus regardless of how strong his magnetic abilities are, I'm still putting Odin's magic higher than his... meaning no control over mjolnir.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Magneto from the movies? He has a crazy amount of power but how does this not end the moment Thor/Hulk get a hit on him? He couldn't create force fields and needs metal to block attacks. Which Mjolnir/Hulk will tear through like wallpaper.

Silent Master
IMO movie Mags trying to control Mjolnir would at best result in it slamming into the ground when the enchantment kicks in.

marwash22
Magneto fills the battlefield with metal particles as part of his prep > Hulk and Thor breathe the metal in when they arrive > Mags rips the metal from their bodies.

thought that was fun way to win, but he doesn't even have to do that considering Mags has better strength feats (via controlling metal) than both Thor and Hulk.

FrothByte
Originally posted by marwash22
Magneto fills the battlefield with metal particles as part of his prep > Hulk and Thor breathe the metal in when they arrive > Mags rips the metal from their bodies.

thought that was fun way to win, but he doesn't even have to do that considering Mags has better strength feats (via controlling metal) than both Thor and Hulk.

Yes he does have better strength feats comparatively, as lifting the bridge is a bigger strength feat than anything Thor or Hulk has done.

But strength is not everything in this match. Fact is, Magneto's durability is extremely low. So while it will take quite a bit of pounding to down Thor and Hulk (I'm not even sure Magneto can do it) one hit from Thor or Hulk would be enough to squash Magneto. Heck, even a lightning from Thor or laser from IM would kill him.

marwash22
yeah, I'm not arguing Mags wins.

He's not fast enough to down all of them before getting one-shot, just wanted to point out how ridiculously weak Thor and Hulk have been portrayed as being in these MCU movies.

DarkSaint85
Magneto wins with blood rips/BFR, with his prep.

I'm assuming the lovely Mystique/associated other members of the Brotherhood are assisting him during his prep?

No?

He dies.

FrothByte
Magneto can't do blood rip unless he gets additional iron in your blood.

DarkSaint85
Magneto can't do blood rip unless he gets additional iron in your blood.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

I'm assuming the lovely Mystique/associated other members of the Brotherhood are assisting him during his prep?

Placidity
Originally posted by NemeBro
It breached through the upper atmosphere in moments.

It is that fast. thumb up

Feat is logically inconsistent.

It's like showing a car driving along at 100 km/h in East Asia, then the next shot it is entering Russia, but still travelling at the same speed. So it must have sped up exponentially off-camera, but why does it slow down so dramatically when on-camera?

The other thing is, it takes a few seconds to reach space, yet on Earth sometimes it takes ages to return to Thor.

We never actually see the hammer go super-sonic, but it is implied...

Either way, it has never gone super-sonic when Thor throws it.

Silent Master
We saw Mjolnir break the sound barrier in the original Thor movie.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Silent Master
We saw Mjolnir break the sound barrier in the original Thor movie.

I remember this scene now. Yes, we did.

maxivitopowe
You would think"The Master of Magnetism; world be about to tell that Mjolnir isn't magnetic and dodge out the way :shrug:

wallman77
Lol yea magneto dodge mjolnir haha

SSJGGogeta
Magneto has nothing even close to capable of stopping Thor or Hulk. Mjolnir can fly through planets at FTL speeds. Magneto can't even comprehend how fast he gets decapitated there. Hulk can destroy planets with a single punch, and doesn't rely on anything metallic to give him strength or fight with, making Magneto essentially useless against him.

Placidity
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Magneto has nothing even close to capable of stopping Thor or Hulk. Mjolnir can fly through planets at FTL speeds. Magneto can't even comprehend how fast he gets decapitated there. Hulk can destroy planets with a single punch, and doesn't rely on anything metallic to give him strength or fight with, making Magneto essentially useless against him.

Please read the title of this forum section.

And then read it again.

NemeBro
Magneto has nothing even close to capable of stopping Thor or Hulk. Mjolnir can fly through planets at FTL speeds. Magneto can't even comprehend how fast he gets decapitated there. Hulk can destroy planets with a single punch, and doesn't rely on anything metallic to give him strength or fight with, making Magneto essentially useless against him. You seem to be confused.

Where do you think you are?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Placidity
Feat is logically inconsistent.

It's like showing a car driving along at 100 km/h in East Asia, then the next shot it is entering Russia, but still travelling at the same speed. So it must have sped up exponentially off-camera, but why does it slow down so dramatically when on-camera?

The other thing is, it takes a few seconds to reach space, yet on Earth sometimes it takes ages to return to Thor.

We never actually see the hammer go super-sonic, but it is implied...

Either way, it has never gone super-sonic when Thor throws it.

While a more valid argument than "lawl it didn't happen", I'm honestly not seeing what makes it inconsistent, save maybe Kurse reacting to it.

juggerman
Magneto can win but more often than not he fails

quanchi112
Avengers stomp.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by NemeBro
You seem to be confused.

Where do you think you are?

Your mothers bed.

NemeBro
Your mothers bed. There should be an apostrophe in that sentence somewhere.

Firefly218
Magneto can't stop Hulk or Thor with cars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.