Thor vs. Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
Thor (without his Mjolnir)

vs.

Wolverine (extremely pissed off, bloodlust, adamantium claws)

Can Logan even hurt Thor?

FrothByte
Well when they fought in the comics all Wolverine could do was give Thor flesh wounds... though Thor did mention that if Wolverine keeps at it he'll eventually be able to seriously injure Thor. Not sure how long that would take though. Thor took some pretty nasty shots in that comic, including a surprise double-stab attack to the back... and all he got were flesh wounds.

Now on to the movie versions. I haven't seen anything yet to convince me that movie Thor's durability is way lower than his normal 616 counterpart.

OTOH, movie Wolverine has almost none of the speed and fighting skill that comic Wolverine has.

Wolverine better hope that his claws can incapacitate Thor, otherwise Thor will put him in a choke hold and choke the life out of him. Because when you combine Thor's superior strength with his superior h2h skill, that means he can pretty much toy with Wolverine in a h2h match unless Logan can insta-kill Thor with a claw stab/slash.

ares834
Originally posted by FrothByte
Now on to the movie versions. I haven't seen anything yet to convince me that movie Thor's durability is way lower than his normal 616 counterpart.

confused

Firefly218
Thor didn't seem all that fast during combat. I don't think he would be able to catch Logan long enough to choke him.

Thor's strength is pretty much irrelevant considering wolverine's healing factor.

If Logan fights it smart, he can shred Thor up

NemeBro
Thor knocks Wolverine out easily, lol.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Firefly218
Thor didn't seem all that fast during combat. I don't think he would be able to catch Logan long enough to choke him.

Thor's strength is pretty much irrelevant considering wolverine's healing factor.

If Logan fights it smart, he can shred Thor up

Thor may not "seem" fast but don't let his size and style fool you. He was easily ducking/dodging Hulk's and IM's blows and he had no trouble beating the SHIELD agents to the punch. Heck he was even able to catch IM's punch in his hand. That's not an easy feat to replicate.

Wolverine on the other hand almost always gets beat to the punch by his opponents. He relies on his healing factor to keep him in the fight and on his claws for a one shot killer blow.

And Wolverine's healing factor doesn't stop him from getting knocked out, which is what will happen if Thor hits him with a direct punch.

And like I said, we're not sure how much damage Wolverine's claws will do to Thor. I'm convinced it's going to take a lot swings before Wolverine starts doing serious damage.

Firefly218
Thor may not "seem" fast but don't let his size and style fool you. He was easily ducking/dodging Hulk's and IM's blows and he had no trouble beating the SHIELD agents to the punch. Heck he was even able to catch IM's punch in his hand. That's not an easy feat to replicate.

Wolverine on the other hand almost always gets beat to the punch by his opponents. He relies on his healing factor to keep him in the fight and on his claws for a one shot killer blow.

And Wolverine's healing factor doesn't stop him from getting knocked out, which is what will happen if Thor hits him with a direct punch.

And like I said, we're not sure how much damage Wolverine's claws will do to Thor. I'm convinced it's going to take a lot swings before Wolverine starts doing serious damage.

Good points. I was just curious as to how damaging wolverines claws could be. I guess you're right erm

Silent Master
Thor easily.

Stealth Moose
Thor takes this.

DarkSaint85
Thor smashes.

Placidity
Thor wins. But Wolverine can kill him.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Placidity
Thor wins. But Wolverine can kill him.

Wolverine can only kill Thor if Thor doesn't fight back.

Silent Master
Wolverine's only chance of killing Thor is if Thor starts the fight sleeping.

Placidity
Wolverine can only kill Thor if Thor doesn't fight back.

That is what I meant. Because some people might mistakenly believe that Thor is too durable for Logan to sink his claws into his flesh.

Silent Master
Well, to be fair the only time he was stabbed was by Loki who uses magical daggers and is noticeably stronger than Wolverine.

Robtard
LoL, you people. A small blade went right through Thor's armor and flesh and it noticebly hurt and slowed him down for a few moments.

But somehow six foot-long adamantium claws that can seemingly cut through anything won't. I LoL at you.

laughing out loud <--- Robtard LoLing at you

Stealth Moose
Dude, Loki's knife was magically engineered to cut through Asgardian armor. Therefore, it can conceivably cut anything, including adamantium since Asgardian tech is lightyears beyond anything.

Loki's knife > anything.

/thread.

BruceSkywalker
Logan gets knocked out

the end

DARTH POWER
Logan's claws probably can pierce Thor, but it doesn't matter. Thor still owns him. Too strong, too fast and a far superior H2H combatant.

Robtard
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Dude, Loki's knife was magically engineered to cut through Asgardian armor. Therefore, it can conceivably cut anything, including adamantium since Asgardian tech is lightyears beyond anything.

Loki's knife > anything.

/thread.

no expression

Robtard
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Logan's claws probably can pierce Thor, but it doesn't matter. Thor still owns him. Too strong, too fast and a far superior H2H combatant.

Fight could go either way; considering Thor can only KO Logan here, while Logan could murder Thor. It's Wolverine's fight to lose.

Thor is rediculously stronger.

Thor's H2H is better, but not by a huge margin.

Thor's speed though? LoL, he fights like a brick. Slow telegraphed power-punches.

Wolverine raises his claws while Thor is swinging, it's not ending well for Thor. He has to fight intelligently here not to lose an eye, hands, life or maybe even his dick.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Robtard
no expression

http://www.taraburner.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/nolimits.jpg

trollfaec

Silent Master
This is a stomp is Thor's favor.

Robtard
It's not a stomp in either direction, Thor could punch Wolverine so hard in the face he flys back and is KO'd just as likely as Wolverine gets a kill-shot.

Maybe it should be settled on who has the manlier/sexier body. Any takers?

Silent Master
Sure it is.

FrothByte
LoL, you people. A small blade went right through Thor's armor and flesh and it noticebly hurt and slowed him down for a few moments.

But somehow six foot-long adamantium claws that can seemingly cut through anything won't. I LoL at you.

laughing out loud <--- Robtard LoLing at you

A small blade used by Loki. And Loki is far stronger than Wolverine. Loki has the strength to actually puncture Thor's hide. I doubt Wolverine does. It's the old knife vs. tree argument again.

Sure the claws can cut Thor... lightly. It will take a lot of hits to seriously injure Thor.

DARTH POWER

Thor's speed though? LoL, he fights like a brick. Slow telegraphed power-punches.

Fast enough to evade the Hulk's hits. It was also pretty damn fast the speed he initially knocked Hulk through the wall with. Plus there was his flexibilty in dodging the jet wing Hulk through at him.

What combat speed/flexibility/agility feats has movie Wolverine displayed?

Robtard
A small blade used by Loki. And Loki is far stronger than Wolverine. Loki has the strength to actually puncture Thor's hide. I doubt Wolverine does. It's the old knife vs. tree argument again.

Sure the claws can cut Thor... lightly. It will take a lot of hits to seriously injure Thor.

Wolverine has the strength to cut through 2-3 inch steel plate (Wolverin:Origins) with little difficulty. The Blob who had no problem sticking his arm down a tank turrent right before it fired was scared of being sliced by those claws.

One well placed swipe at the neck and Thor's jugular is going to be spewing a fountain of blood.

FrothByte
Fast enough to evade the Hulk's hits. It was also pretty damn fast the speed he initially knocked Hulk through the wall with. Plus there was his flexibilty in dodging the jet wing Hulk through at him.

Also enough hand speed to catch IM's punch in his grip. Fast enough to block lasers with his hammer. It's a really stupid argument to say that Thor fights like a brick.

FrothByte
Wolverine has the strength to cut through 2-3 inch steel plate (Wolverin:Origins) with little difficulty.

One well placed swipe at the neck and Thor's jugular is going to be spewing a fountain of blood.

Hulk has enough strength to easily punch through more than just 2-3 inches of steel, yet his punch barely damaged Thor.

Robtard

And Hulk was some speedster in that fight? I recall him being rather slow. That was Thor running. Again, Hulk completely telegraphed the throw, but it was fairly good.

Nothing over the top iirc, which is about the same as Thor's.

Really not sure why there's really a question about Thor being some fast fighter, he's not.

Robtard
Hulk has enough strength to easily punch through more than just 2-3 inches of steel, yet his punch barely damaged Thor.

Blunt force trauma isn't the same as piercing/slashing. Hence Loki's little dagger doing more visible harm to Thor than Hulk's punch, yet we know Hulk >>>>> Loki by a lot.

If Wolverine sheathed his claws here and tried boxing, Thor could kick the crap out of him in seconds.

Firefly218
Also wolverines claws are made of adamantium, just like caps shield. Saying wolverines claws can't penetrate Thor is a dumb argument.

Robtard
IIRC, the shield is made of just vibranium in the films.

FrothByte
Also wolverines claws are made of adamantium, just like caps shield. Saying wolverines claws can't penetrate Thor is a dumb argument.

Cap's shield is vibranium/adamantium. No one is saying Wolverine's claws can't penetrate Thor, just that Wolverine probably doesn't have the strength to deeply cut Thor in one swipe. After all, that's what happened in the comics, Wolverine could only give Thor light wounds. And though comic Thor > movie Thor, comic Wolverine is also > than movie Wolverine.

I know we don't use comics for arguments here, but at least there's a basis for the argument that Wolverine can't cut Thor too deeply. What basis is there that says Wolverine can easily cut Thor?

Stealth Moose
This is true.

Firefly218
What basis is there that wolverine can't cut Thor? Comics are_irrelevant.

FrothByte

At least there's a basis in the comics. Regardless if you think it's irrelevant, it's still better than nothing. Whereas saying that WOlverine can easily cut Thor, that has completely no basis.

NemeBro
Wolverine has the strength to cut through 2-3 inch steel plate (Wolverin:Origins) with little difficulty. The Blob who had no problem sticking his arm down a tank turrent right before it fired was scared of being sliced by those claws.

One well placed swipe at the neck and Thor's jugular is going to be spewing a fountain of blood. I can't help but notice that neither of those are half as durable as Thor.

Wolverine's claws being made of adamantium means nothing. That makes them really durable. Not sharp.

FrothByte
Blunt force trauma isn't the same as piercing/slashing. Hence Loki's little dagger doing more visible harm to Thor than Hulk's punch, yet we know Hulk >>>>> Loki by a lot.

If Wolverine sheathed his claws here and tried boxing, Thor could kick the crap out of him in seconds.

Yes, blunt force trauma is different from a piercing/slashing attack. I agree. The point I was trying to make however is that Thor is a lot tougher than 2-3 inches of steel.

FrothByte
Besides, in The Wolverine, a katana was able to block strikes from Wolverine's claws without immediately getting cut in half. In Agents of SHIELD, an Asgardian farmer was able to easily crumple a tactical knife in his bare hand.

Firefly218
At least there's a basis in the comics. Regardless if you think it's irrelevant, it's still better than nothing. Whereas saying that WOlverine can easily cut Thor, that has completely no basis.

Yes there is a basis in the comics, but not in the movies. This is not a comic versus thread, it is a movie versus thread. I'm not saying your wrong in Thor > wolverine, but I am saying that wolverines claws could definitely hurt Thor.

When wielding a sharp object, such as wolverine claws, the wielder does not have to be strong, he has to be swift. Stronger swordsmen are not necessarily better swordsmen. If Bruce Lee had an adamantium sword and a healing factor against hammerless Thor, Lee would win by virtue of speed and skill, not strength

FrothByte
Yes there is a basis in the comics, but not in the movies. This is not a comic versus thread, it is a movie versus thread. I'm not saying your wrong in Thor > wolverine, but I am saying that wolverines claws could definitely hurt Thor.

When wielding a sharp object, such as wolverine claws, the wielder does not have to be strong, he has to be swift. Stronger swordsmen are not necessarily better swordsmen. If Bruce Lee had an adamantium sword and a healing factor against hammerless Thor, Lee would win by virtue of speed and skill, not strength

When wielding a sharp object, the wielder still needs to have enough strength when trying to cut a durable object. Get yourself your best knife and try stabbing a 2 inch slab of wood. I doubt you'll be able to stab all the way through. Wolverine's claws are far greater than your average knife, but Thor is also far more durable than a slab of wood.

Plus like I mentioned in my above post, in The Wolverine, Logan's claws were being blocked by a regular katana.

Firefly218
When wielding a sharp object, the wielder still needs to have enough strength when trying to cut a durable object. Get yourself your best knife and try stabbing a 2 inch slab of wood. I doubt you'll be able to stab all the way through. Wolverine's claws are far greater than your average knife, but Thor is also far more durable than a slab of wood.

Plus like I mentioned in my above post, in The Wolverine, Logan's claws were being blocked by a regular katana.

If wolverine's strategy is to stab, he loses. Stabbing Thor, and hurting him, requires tremendous strength that Wolverine doesn't have. If wolverine slices and dices, however, he can wear Thor down until the inevitable killer strike. As long as wolverine can avoidgetting punched in the face, he can win

Firefly218
At the right angle, a weak person could easily cut through a piece of wood.

FrothByte
At the right angle, a weak person could easily cut through a piece of wood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hspbRwtSQbc

Silent Master

Thor's durability feats.

Arachnid1
Thor took hits from the Hulk with almost no damage. He took a blast from a scepter than was shown to disintegrate multiple frost giants in one blast and it knocked him through a wall into a high drop. He was back the next scene with no damage. Nothing Iron Man did hurt him either.

Adamantium may be durable enough to hurt Thor, but only if the person weilding it had the strength to put some force behind it. Strength Wolverine does not have. Even if he did, he would get stomped into the ground by a much stronger and more skilled opponent that he would never be able to tag. Thor had great enough reaction skills and speed to knock away blasts from the Destroyer with his hammer. He walked into a SHIELD base and brawled his way straight through with little to no problems (without powers) when wolverine was too scared to do the same with Weapon X in X2 because he knew it would go badly. This is a massive stomp in Thor's favor.

And Wolverine having any semblance of a chance against Thor in comics is the biggest case of SMvsFl and CIS every written. That's retarded.

DARTH POWER
And Hulk was some speedster in that fight? I recall him being rather slow.

We see the speeds Hulk runs and leaps at later. Even his swings were faster than human. He clearly has super human speed. He's just slow next to Thor.

Even if we were to assume Hulk had human speed (a silly assumption but whatever), when have we ever seen Wolverine dodge every punch thrown at him?

Not to mention easily dodging that Jet Wing being thrown at him for God's sake! That was not only great reflexes but combat related flexibility.

That was Thor running. Again, Hulk completely telegraphed the throw, but it was fairly good.

Nothing over the top iirc, which is about the same as Thor's.

Really not sure why there's really a question about Thor being some fast fighter, he's not.

He also swings Mjolnir at ridiculous speeds, and blocks lasers with his Hammer. Plus he easily dodged that Jet Wing being thrown at him for God's sake!

And I noticed you just lowballed Thor's speed feats, instead of giving me Wolverine's Speed, Agility and Flexibility Combat feats which compare.

As long as wolverine can avoidgetting punched in the face, he can win

Yeah but how's he going to do that? Thor's the one with the dodging feats, not Wolverine.

Placidity
Originally posted by NemeBro

Wolverine's claws being made of adamantium means nothing. That makes them really durable. Not sharp.

So... they're not sharp?

Silent Master
I think he means that if the claws are sharp it's because the bones themselves are sharp, not because they're coated in adamantiunm.

FrothByte
So... they're not sharp?

I believe he means that adamantium makes them a lot more durable than normal steel, but doesn't really make them any sharper than the sharpest sword. Adamantium doesn't automatically make his claws light sabers.

Placidity
I believe he means that adamantium makes them a lot more durable than normal steel, but doesn't really make them any sharper than the sharpest sword. Adamantium doesn't automatically make his claws light sabers.

That point by itself is true, but is of little relevance, because we see Wolverine carving up steel (and whatever else) with it like nothing. It is so obvious that Wolverine's claws are extremely sharp that I don't know why someone would even mention that durable =/= sharpness.

Placidity
Originally posted by Silent Master
I think he means that if the claws are sharp it's because the bones themselves are sharp, not because they're coated in adamantiunm.

That doesn't really make sense. His bone claws aren't cutting anything, it is the adamantium grafted on top that is.

Deadpool's blades were crafted by the Weapon program, yet it is implied they are sharp enough to cut other adamantium (which makes no sense, but anyway).

Silent Master
Wolverine's claws were coated in adamantium, that means they are only as sharp as the claws were to start with, it's just that now they're more durable....Deadpool had actual swords placed in his body.

Robtard
He also swings Mjolnir at ridiculous speeds, and blocks lasers with his Hammer. Plus he easily dodged that Jet Wing being thrown at him for God's sake!

And I noticed you just lowballed Thor's speed feats, instead of giving me Wolverine's Speed, Agility and Flexibility Combat feats which compare.

When he's holding it by the strap it swings around his hand at very great speeds, that's not swinging with his arm though. He swings the hammer as fast as the actor can, since his arm isn't CGI enhanced; I assure you Hemsworth isn't superhuman.

No, I accurately protrayed them. Thor is no speedster fighter, trying to make him out to be is just more Thor wanking.

Yeah, I did. I said Logan's no speedster either. He does have decent reflexes though as seen when he fought that stupid spike-growing mutant in the forrest and blocked multiple spikes.

Robtard
Wolverine's claws were coated in adamantium, that means they are only as sharp as the claws were to start with, it's just that now they're more durable....Deadpool had actual swords placed in his body.

No. After the adamantium process they're turned into blades and not just the pointy/stabby bones they were before. It's clearly seen in Wolverine: Origins, the bathroom scene at the farm.

Firefly218

That's wrong

wallman77
Ppl calling thor slow yet he has reaction speed fast enough to deflect multiple chitauri(however the hell u spell it) LASERS and the destroyer beams like they were nuthin. If i gave one of u guys that hammer and said replicate those feats ur ass would be fried 10/10 times lol. Str8 foolishness. Ppl lowballing thor yet not providing speed feats for logan to match his opponent.

Silent Master
That's wrong

So Deadpool didn't have actual swords placed in his body?

Robtard
Maybe someone can point out this superhuman punching/fighting Thor has, cos to me it looks like Thor is punching as fast as Hemsworth can punch; he's just a regular buff man.

8e0kli1Rph8

dadudemon
Maybe someone can point out this superhuman punching/fighting Thor has, cos to me it looks like Thor is punching as fast as Hemsworth can punch; he's just a regular buff man.

8e0kli1Rph8

Well, that's a similar argument I made regarding Spider-man vs. Doc Ock. Either Spider-man was pulling his punches or that was plot induced stupidity.

FrothByte

8e0kli1Rph8

Thor doesn't have superspeed if that's what you're looking for. What most of us are saying is that he has shown great combat speed, similar to what great human fighters have. ANd it's way above than what Wolverine has shown.

Logan gets hit all the time. Thor rarely gets hit when he doesn't want to, especially in a fair fight.

Besides, Wade Wilson also only moved at human speeds. Didn't stop him from being able to cut bullets in half. Are we to assume that he isn't fast as well?

Placidity
Thor doesn't have superspeed if that's what you're looking for. What most of us are saying is that he has shown great combat speed, similar to what great human fighters have. ANd it's way above than what Wolverine has shown.

Logan gets hit all the time. Thor rarely gets hit when he doesn't want to, especially in a fair fight.

Its Hugh Jackman vs Hemsworth, I doubt the Hemsworth is "way above" Hugh in terms of speed.

Thor gets hit fine, ask Hulk and Kurse - and those two are brawlers, not skilled.

Besides, Wade Wilson also only moved at human speeds. Didn't stop him from being able to cut bullets in half. Are we to assume that he isn't fast as well?

The important difference is Wade cuts bullets, *THEREFORE* we can draw inferences about his speed. Personally I think its more skill, coordination and bullet timing. Discussed this in another thread already.

You don't just get to say Thor is fast yet with no feats demonstrating that it is true.

Silent Master
Thor blocks multiple energy weapons, *THEREFORE* can't we also draw inferences about his speed?

FrothByte
Its Hugh Jackman vs Hemsworth, I doubt the Hemsworth is "way above" Hugh in terms of speed.

Thor gets hit fine, ask Hulk and Kurse - and those two are brawlers, not skilled.

The important difference is Wade cuts bullets, *THEREFORE* we can draw inferences about his speed. Personally I think its more skill, coordination and bullet timing. Discussed this in another thread already.

You don't just get to say Thor is fast yet with no feats demonstrating that it is true.

No it's not Jackman vs. Hemsworth. It's movie Wolverine vs. movie Thor. Wolverine gets hit all the time. Hulk never hit Thor unless it was via cheapshot or when Thor was off his feet. And Kurse was pretty darn skilled himself, fast enough to swat Mjolnir away even when his back was turned. You don't need super speed to be a fast fighter. Mayweather doesn't have super speed, but he sure as hell is a fast fighter.

Point is, Thor has been shown multiple times able to duck and dodge around hits. Only an idiot would claim otherwise. We've mentioned and posted lots of feats. Not our fault that you refuse to acknowledge them.

Wolverine on the other hand, almost always gets hit.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well, that's a similar argument I made regarding Spider-man vs. Doc Ock. Either Spider-man was pulling his punches or that was plot induced stupidity.

We're talking about speed, specifically.

And it stands to reason in that scene that Spider-Man was not hitting as hard as he could since he's not a killer. That's far more logical than Ock having a superhuman durable face cos of his accident.

Placidity
Thor blocks multiple energy weapons, *THEREFORE* can't we also draw inferences about his speed?

That would be a rational argument, yes.

You would have to look at the speed of the bolts as well. But again, it would be more to do with coordination not speed. I am consistent in my beliefs, as I said the same for Wade.

The point is, you can't just say:

1: Wade Blocks Bullets, therefore he has superspeed.

2: Wade moves at human speed.

3: Thor moves at human speed too, therefore Thor has superspeed.

This was the argument presented previously.

I don't agree with premise 1, but that's for another topic that I'm already over.

Robtard

His combat speed is just as fast and Hemsworth can move his arms, cos except when the hammer is swinging by the strap, no CGI/SFX are used to give the impression of something greater.

Thor get hits.

CGI/SFX was used to make Ryan Reynolds seem a lot faster with his blades. That's the difference. When we see Thor, it's just Hemsworth punching as fast as Hemsworth can punch.

FrothByte
That would be a rational argument, yes.

You would have to look at the speed of the bolts as well. But again, it would be more to do with coordination not speed. I am consistent in my beliefs, as I said the same for Wade.

The point is, you can't just say:

1: Wade Blocks Bullets, therefore he has superspeed.

2: Wade moves at human speed.

3: Thor moves at human speed too, therefore Thor has superspeed.

This was the argument presented previously.

I don't agree with premise 1, but that's for another topic that I'm already over.

Thor doesn't have superspeed. What he has is great fighting reflexes and good timing, which is basically what makes fighters "look" fast. Is it superhuman? I don't think so. But it sure as hell is faster than anything Wolverine ever showed.

Placidity
No it's not Jackman vs. Hemsworth. It's movie Wolverine vs. movie Thor. Wolverine gets hit all the time. Hulk never hit Thor unless it was via cheapshot or when Thor was off his feet. And Kurse was pretty darn skilled himself, fast enough to swat Mjolnir away even when his back was turned. You don't need super speed to be a fast fighter. Mayweather doesn't have super speed, but he sure as hell is a fast fighter.

Point is, Thor has been shown multiple times able to duck and dodge around hits. Only an idiot would claim otherwise. We've mentioned and posted lots of feats. Not our fault that you refuse to acknowledge them.

Wolverine on the other hand, almost always gets hit.

No, the fact that the characters are portrayed by humans and not enhanced by CGI to show speed is COMPLETELY relevant.

Thor does get hit.

Lets pretend Thor doesn't get hit, that is because of skill, not because he has superhuman speed.

Only an idiot would claim otherwise.

BTW, FYI, this doesn't work.

DARTH POWER

8e0kli1Rph8

Your telling me 1:55 is a normal human dodging feat? Please.

Show me Wolverine react like that, with that kind of flexibility.

FrothByte
His combat speed is just as fast and Hemsworth can move his arms, cos except when the hammer is swinging by the strap, no SFX is used.

Thor get hits.

CGI was used to make Ryan Reynolds seem a lot faster his blades. That's the difference. When we see Thor, it's just Hemsworth punching

Will you therefore say that the average joe is as fast a fighter as Mayweather or Silva?

Placidity
Thor doesn't have superspeed. What he has is great fighting reflexes and good timing, which is basically what makes fighters "look" fast. Is it superhuman?

Good, we have common ground.

Robtard
Will you therefore say that the average joe is as fast a fighter as Mayweather or Silva?

Obviously not. Mayweather and Silva aren't superhuman either, they're upper-human in terms of punching speed.

How does this relate to Hemsworth?

NemeBro
Thor doesn't visibly use super speed because the fights need to be interesting, and to be interesting they must be seen.

I mean, Thor's no Superman, but he could still deflect the lasers of the Destroyer with his hammer for example. He's at least as fast as Wolverine. Probably faster. Also strong enough to knock him out with one punch.

dadudemon
Onscreen fighting feats in the speed department?

If we use their best, I'm pretty sure Wolverine wins that contest.

But, Thor is far more durable than Wolverine. Why is this even a thread?

Edit - Wait...I see it, now: Thor is supposedly cuttable by Wolverine's claws, right?

Thor was gimped of his hammer. Blegh.

FrothByte

Why? What combat feats does Wolverine have that make you think he's faster?

FrothByte
Obviously not. Mayweather and Silva aren't superhuman either, they're upper-human in terms of punching speed.

How does this relate to Hemsworth?

Point is, Thor doesn't need superspeed just to be faster than Wolverine. Both their speeds are still within human range, except Thor has a fighter's speed whereas Wolverine just seems to try and tank hits all the time.

NemeBro

Edit - Wait...I see it, now: Thor is supposedly cuttable by Wolverine's claws, right?

Thor was gimped of his hammer. Blegh. I haven't seen an XMEN movie in thousands of years. I recall blocking some spikes from a mutant, but what else has he done?

To be honest I don't buy that Wolverine's claws could cut cleanly through Thor.

Tzeentch
The Matrix films and Man of Steel have the least interesting fightscenes I've ever seen.

NemeBro
You're not even trying anymore Blax.

dadudemon
To be honest I don't buy that Wolverine's claws could cut cleanly through Thor.

He stabbed through Juggernaut's arm, no problem, in an X-3 deleted scene.

Does that count in this thread?

Tzeentch
You're not even trying anymore Blax. Neither are you, apparently.

NemeBro

Does that count in this thread? How durable is Juggernaut in the movies?

I know he can withstand running face-first through stone or steel, but that is all I recall.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Neither are you, apparently. I hope you take a big steamy shit in your pants while you're on a date with a girl.

Tzeentch
and yes im driving **** you thuglyfe

Silent Master

Does that count in this thread?

What are movie Juggernaut's best durability feats?

Robtard
Point is, Thor doesn't need superspeed just to be faster than Wolverine. Both their speeds are still within human range, except Thor has a fighter's speed whereas Wolverine just seems to try and tank hits all the time.

Now who's downplaying. Logan isn't like that, just watch his fight with katana-man in that last shit flics, he's not superhuman speed, but he's not some slow-ass just taking hits all days for the lolz.

Also as I mentioned, be blocked multiple thrown spikes in the forest fight in X2.

Robtard
What are movie Juggernaut's best durability feats?

Being dematerialized and materialized into solid concrete and not caring one bit. Probably that.

Silent Master
He was phased into the ground, but the movie never stated that any of the concrete was inside his body...kind of like the series Mutant X when Jesse phased normal humans into a wall.

If Juggs actually had concrete in his legs, he'd have been in crippling pain once Leech turned off his powers.

Placidity
He was phased into the ground, but the movie never stated that any of the concrete was inside his body...kind of like the series Mutant X when Jesse phased normal humans into a wall.

If Juggs actually had concrete in his legs, he'd have been in crippling pain once Leech turned off his powers.

I know right...

The script should have been like this:

Kitty Pryde pulls Juggernaut into the ground leaving him seemingly trapped.

Juggernaut: Curse you Kitty Pryde, you have phased me into the ground!

Movie freezes/pauses here.

Stan Lee Voiceover: Is this the end for the unstoppable Juggernaut? Any normal man would surely have died from having his atoms displaced! But Cain Marko is no normal man... will the Juggernaut prove to be truly unstoppable? True believers, Let's find out!

Movie resumes.

Juggernaut grimaces. But this soon turns into a grin, and finally he bursts into a wicked laughter.

Juggernaut: Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, b*tch!

Tzeentch
youre fired

Firefly218
^ thumb up

Silent Master
I know right...

Stan Lee Voiceover: Is this the end for the unstoppable Juggernaut? Any normal man would surely have died from having his atoms displaced! But Cain Marko is no normal man... will the Juggernaut prove to be truly unstoppable? True believers, Let's find out!

Movie resumes.

Juggernaut grimaces. But this soon turns into a grin, and finally he bursts into a wicked laughter.

Again, if he had concrete in his legs, he was have been immobilized by the pain as soon as Leech removed his powers, but he wasn't.

Robtard

What happened to the concrete his body displaced then?

Robtard
I know right...

Movie resumes.

Funny thumb up

Silent Master

If the concrete fused with him, why wasn't he in extreme pain when he lost his powers and why don't we see concrete stuck to his body after breaking out of the floor?

Robtard
If the concrete fused with him, why wasn't he in extreme pain when he lost his powers and why don't we see concrete stuck to his body after breaking out of the floor?

Okay.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Based on that scene, I don't think his body fused with the concrete. More like, it displaced the molecules or something.

I'm certain that we're over thinking this however and the intention was simply to temporarily trap him as if it was a block of ice around him or something. Not that he's so tough that his molecules are invulnerable to fusing or something like that. That's just stupid imo.

Okay.

Doubt the movie even cares about her powers beyond she can phase through things. Pretend they were displaced into another dimension or something.

SSJGGogeta
Going by movie versions, Logan should be much faster, and durable than Thor. Not to mention that without his hammer, Thor(move version) can't fly and can't use his lightning to kill Wolverine.

Silent Master
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Going by movie versions, Logan should be much faster, and durable than Thor. Not to mention that without his hammer, Thor(move version) can't fly and can't use his lightning to kill Wolverine.

By all means post speed feats for movie Wolverine that are better than Thor's multiple feats of blocking energy weapons. also post durability feats for Logan that are better than taking punches from the Hulk or tanking the Bi-Frost explosion.

Zack Fair

SSJGGogeta
By all means post speed feats for movie Wolverine that are better than Thor's multiple feats of blocking energy weapons. also post durability feats for Logan that are better than taking punches from the Hulk or tanking the Bi-Frost explosion.

He has tons that are better. He's taken grenades, countless rounds of ammo, Magneto's rays, Jean's telepathy and Juggernaut's punches without serious damage. Juggernaut is also stronger than Hulk in nearly all incantations.

Silent Master
He has tons that are better. He's taken grenades, countless rounds of ammo, Magneto's rays, Jean's telepathy and Juggernaut's punches without serious damage. Juggernaut is also stronger than Hulk in nearly all incantations.

Ok, how about listing some, because the examples in the above post aren't even close to the ones I mentioned.

BTW, the Juggernaut doesn't have any feats that are even 1/100th of the Leviathan punch.

FrothByte
Wolverine has been knocked out by Sabertooth and a bullet to the head. Thor has never been knocked out. Even when he got beat up by Kurse, he immediately was able to get back up without any lasting injuries.

Questioning whether Thor is faster than Wolverine, I can understand that. But when it comes to durability, there really shouldn't be any question here.

DARTH POWER

8e0kli1Rph8

Again give me a dodging feat of Wolverine's which matches dodging that Jet Wing at 1:55. Show me where Wolverine easily evades punches the way Thor easily evaded Hulk's punch.

He has tons that are better. He's taken grenades, countless rounds of ammo, Magneto's rays, Jean's telepathy and Juggernaut's punches without serious damage.

LOL, Thor's taken punches from Hulk, Kurse and the frigging Rainbow Bridge explosion point blank without even a scratch. Not to mention his far less durable brother survived falling through space/dimensions.

Wolverine's durability feats are LAME in comparison.

Juggernaut is also stronger than Hulk in nearly all incantations.

LOL Juggernaut couldn't even break free of metal arm restraints. He wasn't even in Thor & Hulk's league. And Wolverine proved incapable of harming him.

NemeBro
He has tons that are better. He's taken grenades, countless rounds of ammo, Magneto's rays, Jean's telepathy and Juggernaut's punches without serious damage. Juggernaut is also stronger than Hulk in nearly all incantations. lol

Firefly218
Wolverine has been knocked out by Sabertooth and a bullet to the head.

Logan was knocked out by Sabretooth pre-adamantium, and the bullet was PIS.

Silent Master
Logan was knocked out by Sabretooth pre-adamantium, and the bullet was PIS.

Sabretooth ko'd Wolverine in the first X-men movie, IOW post-adamantium and Wolverine has been knocked out by bullets more than once.

roughrider

This.

Firefly218
I agree Thor wins 10/10. ppl who don't think Logan's claws can hurt Thor are dumb though

Robtard
Again give me a dodging feat of Wolverine's which matches dodging that Jet Wing at 1:55. Show me where Wolverine easily evades punches the way Thor easily evaded Hulk's punch.

Repeat: I'm not saying Wolverine is faster than Thor.

I said that Thor is no speedster (either) as some argued. He's a brawler who relies on mostly powershots.

Robtard

Not sure if serious or just taking a piss.

FrothByte
Repeat: I'm not saying Wolverine is faster than Thor.

I said that Thor is no speedster (either) as some argued. He's a brawler who relies on mostly powershots.

I agree that Thor is not a speedster, but saying that Thor is just a brawler who relies on powershots is stupid. Have you not watched the Thor movies and Avengers?

Just because someone doesn't do spinning kicks doesn't automatically make him "just" a brawler. Hulk, now he's a brawler. And you can definitely see the difference in style when he fought Thor.

Robtard
I agree that Thor is not a speedster, but saying that Thor is just a brawler who relies on powershots is stupid. Have you not watched the Thor movies and Avengers?

Just because someone doesn't do spinning kicks doesn't automatically make him "just" a brawler. Hulk, now he's a brawler. And you can definitely see the difference in style when he fought Thor.

"Just a brawler" doesn't automatically means he's some uncoordinated dunce who throws hay-maker after hay-maker.

But we agree overall, as I don't think the Logan's claws will be able to harm him enough before he punches Logan in the face hard enough to lay Logan out.

dadudemon
You trolls.

Wolverine took several bullets to the skull and didn't get knocked out. Agent 0 shot him in the head and the face.

Stop trolling. Stop low-balling. Stop pretending movie wolverine gets knocked out by bullets in a versus matchup: go with the high-end feats.

I've covered this very same argument regarding Wolverine with you trolls once before. Just because you think I'm not around that doesn't mean you can go back to your ignorant trolling ways.

It would certainly help if the Wolverine supporters did a better job at supporting Wolverine's position.

For instance, durability wise, I'm having a difficult time coming up with anything from any of the comic book movies (that both characters come from) that comes close to Wolverine's withstanding of "Jean's" plasma shit. That instantly vaped every other human or mutant.

Robtard
Why the tough-guy act?

Mindset
He has been knocked out by a bullet once, not counting the adamantium one.

I honestly don't remember any other time he was knocked out, it's been too long since I've seen the movies.

dadudemon
Why the tough-guy act?

I viewed is more of a discplining mother act. Like I caught a bunch of naughty kids with their hand in the cookie-jar. smile

Since you're like children...that's exactly what it was. big grin

NemeBro
You trolls.

Wolverine took several bullets to the skull and didn't get knocked out. Agent 0 shot him in the head and the face.

Stop trolling. Stop low-balling. Stop pretending movie wolverine gets knocked out by bullets in a versus matchup: go with the high-end feats.

I've covered this very same argument regarding Wolverine with you trolls once before. Just because you think I'm not around that doesn't mean you can go back to your ignorant trolling ways.

It would certainly help if the Wolverine supporters did a better job at supporting Wolverine's position.

For instance, durability wise, I'm having a difficult time coming up with anything from any of the comic book movies (that both characters come from) that comes close to Wolverine's withstanding of "Jean's" plasma shit. That instantly vaped every other human or mutant. Who is Agent 0?

I uh, haven't seen any of the Wolverine movies.

Silent Master
IOW, Thor wins.

dadudemon
Who is Agent 0?

The shortened version of "Agent Zero."

It's David North.

roughrider
First X-Men movie, Logan got knocked unconscious by Sabretooth, using a thick tree branch. Thor;s strength level, he could knock Logan into sub orbit, by comparison.

BTW - Thor in the comics can still summon storms and lightning without holding mjolnir, as shown in Thor: Blood Oath. That's why he doesn't fall out the sky when he hurls mjolnir at something while flying; he's still manipulating winds around himself to stay in the air. The hammer is just a tool that sharpens & focuses his abilities.

Movie Thor got depowered and put in a mortal body for the first film, but he still had a little bit of connection to the storm even then. A storm began for him when he was preparing to rush the SHIELD base in New Mexico, which delighted him because he wanted it for cover. It reassured him he still had a fraction of his power.

That was without holding mjolnir. So even if Movie Thor puts the hammer down for this, he still has weather powers in a more raw form to use.

Robtard
He was also knocked out for a short time when he crashed through his truck's windshield and skidded on the snow.

Im pretty sure Thor didn't have rain-making powers while depowered. Though Thor can win here without making it rain.

Firefly218
How did this shitty thread get so many comments? laughing

Silent Master
How did this shitty thread get so many comments? laughing

You do realize that you're the thread starter, right?

Firefly218
You do realize that you're the thread starter, right?

Yes

Silent Master
To answer your question, this lasted for 7 pages because of Wolverine fanboys.

DarkSaint85
Ahaha.

Thor places Mjolnir on Wolverine's chest, incapacitating him ftw.

Heal from that...

Kazenji
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Ahaha.

Thor places Mjolnir on Wolverine's chest, incapacitating him ftw.

Heal from that...

He doesn't have Mjolnir, go read the first post.

Silent Master
Does it really matter? This thread is basically spite against Wolverine.

Kazenji
Of course it is

except some people think Thor has Mjolnir.

Epicurus
Thor wins. Depower Thor to make this a fair fight.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Epicurus
Thor wins. Depower Thor to make this a fair fight.

I made a thread like that before. A depowered Thor armed with Hogun's mace vs. Bone-claw Wolverine. Majority of people still had Thor as the winner, with him just breaking and shattering Wolverine.

Firefly218
I made a thread like that before. A depowered Thor armed with Hogun's mace vs. Bone-claw Wolverine. Majority of people still had Thor as the winner, with him just breaking and shattering Wolverine.

Depowered Thor would lose, handidly. Depowered Thor has no healing factor. Also Thor has never shown particular skill in wielding weapons.

Silent Master
Depowered Thor would lose, handidly. Depowered Thor has no healing factor. Also Thor has never shown particular skill in wielding weapons.

Too bad Thor isn't depowered in this thread, so Wolverine loses.

FrothByte

Uh... Mjolnir is a weapon

jinXed by JaNx
I really don't see how Thor has a chance here. He might be able to knock Wolverine out but without Mjolnir he is going to die.

FrothByte
A single punch from Thor should be enough to KO Wolverine.

jinXed by JaNx
I don't know about that, however, even if that were the case, a single thrust or slash of Wolverines claws should be enough to KO Thor.

Silent Master
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I don't know about that, however, even if that were the case, a single thrust or slash of Wolverines claws should be enough to KO Thor.

You're aware that Thor is far stronger than Wolverine. right? What feats do you base Wolverine's claws being able to ko Thor?

FrothByte
Plus we have decent feats of Thor dodging blows whereas Wolerine is not really known for always hitting his opponents. There's a good chance that Wolverine won't hit Thor before Thor gets a solid punch in.

wallman77
/thread

jinXed by JaNx
You're aware that Thor is far stronger than Wolverine. right? What feats do you base Wolverine's claws being able to ko Thor?

The fact that Thor is made of flesh and also requires a brain and heart to live wink

Silent Master
The fact that Thor is made of flesh and also requires a brain and heart to live wink

You're aware that Thor's flesh is far more durable than anything Wolverine has actually cut, right?

BTW, you still haven't explained how a cut or stab(assuming he can) would ko Thor, rather than make just him bleed?

FrothByte

Flesh that's mostly bullet proof, can survive outer space and can survive massive amounts of trauma that would pulverize a normal man.

Firefly218
Flesh that's mostly bullet proof, can survive outer space and can survive massive amounts of trauma that would pulverize a normal man.

Wolverine's claws can definately penetrate Thor's flesh. No homo

Silent Master

Prove it.

FrothByte

Sure it can. The question is how deep. Probably not deep enough to incapacitate Thor before Wolverine gets knocked out. If you believe otherwise, prove it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>