Wolverine/Magneto vs. Captain America/Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
Young Magneto with all movie feats
Adamantium claws wolverine

vs.

Captain America with shield (Magneto cannot manipulate shield)
Spiderman (Tobey Maguire)

Fight takes place in scrap yard with lots of metal
no prep, random encounter

Stealth Moose
Setting skews the battle. Mags wraps a buick around Captain America while throwing Wolverine at Spidey.

Psychotron
Magneto is too powerful.

carver9
This fight is terrible. Why do you consistently do this firefly?

ares834
Magneto is on an entirely different level from these guys.

DARTH POWER
Well we will see how powerful Young Magneto really is against these caliber of super fast/super agile superheroes in the next movie when he tussles with Non-Metal/Adamantium Wolverine and with Beast.

Because from what I've seen he can be beaten by these type of guys under the right circumstances. Remember young Beast choking him, and Emma Frost kicking him off the boat in First Class?

Stealth Moose
You mean young Beast, his friend, choking him a propos of nothing? And Emma Frost kicking him off of a boat before he had full range of his powers?

Yeah, I remember those situations.

Lord Lucien
Yeah, being surprise grabbed in a non-combat scenario isn't indicative of your abilities when in a combat scenario. Magneto alone here could likely win, but with Wolverine to help, this is spite.

Firefly218
Originally posted by carver9
This fight is terrible. Why do you consistently do this firefly?

In my mind it's a fair fight, then when I see it in writing it's a stomp mad

I would have thought a cap/spidey team would have agility on its side, and would therefore be less susceptible to flying metal objects? Also Cap has his shield for defense.

Would you think it's a fair fight if mag doesn't have wolverine help?

Stealth Moose
Wolverine is just a meat shield that can be manipulated to block Spidey. The yard full of scrap is like giving a gatling laser to a Terminator.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
You mean young Beast, his friend, choking him a propos of nothing? And Emma Frost kicking him off of a boat before he had full range of his powers?

Yeah, I remember those situations.

Don't get me wrong. He is way more powerful than either, and would stomp them for a vast majority. Just pointing out that close up those super strong, super fast guys have a chance to get at him.

I've also seen a photo of DOFP where Beast seems to be drowning him. Of course we know Beast will ultimately pay dearly for that. I've also heard rumors that the metal free Wolverine will give him a run for his money. But honestly I hope Magneto still pastes him.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Don't get me wrong. He is way more powerful than either, and would stomp them for a vast majority. Just pointing out that close up those super strong, super fast guys have a chance to get at him.

I've also seen a photo of DOFP where Beast seems to be drowning him. Of course we know Beast will ultimately pay dearly for that. I've also heard rumors that the metal free Wolverine will give him a run for his money. But honestly I hope Magneto still pastes him.

Young Mags with the powers of old Mags is kind of skewed though. It took some serious misdirection by multiple team members and plot-induced needle to take him out in X3. In X1 he was powering his power into the machine and still put up a fight. I'm not convinced in such a setting as this (stacked in his favor with metal everywhere) he's in any real danger. He has ripped trace iron powder out of a living being, turned it into a flattened disc that held his weight and moved it aloft. He lifted a nuclear sub out of water against the pull of its engines. He moved a bridge around, including the multitude of cars and then replanted it with enough control/precision so that it could miraculously withstand the sudden drop and not pitch over (the bridge remains after he is powerless even). Oh, and he stopped a plane coming at him from orbit.

His level of power and ability to control metal remotely is just too powerful.

DARTH POWER
^ Oh yeah in this setting he stomps. Also missed the part where he has all of Old Mags feats.

carver9
Originally posted by Firefly218
In my mind it's a fair fight, then when I see it in writing it's a stomp mad

I would have thought a cap/spidey team would have agility on its side, and would therefore be less susceptible to flying metal objects? Also Cap has his shield for defense.

Would you think it's a fair fight if mag doesn't have wolverine help?

Imagine Magneto using all of that metal to create a humongous tornados full of metal that can rip everyone to shreds. Or him shielding himself with metal while going on the offense. Have you seen his control of power. He can literally use Wolverine as a weapon against the opposing team while manipulating the battle field. You can put Wolverine on the other team and this would still be a stomp.

Stealth Moose
This is like Aqua Man versus Jubilee in a wave pool.

Firefly218
Imagine Magneto using all of that metal to create a humongous tornados full of metal that can rip everyone to shreds. Or him shielding himself with metal while going on the offense. Have you seen his control of power. He can literally use Wolverine as a weapon against the opposing team while manipulating the battle field. You can put Wolverine on the other team and this would still be a stomp.

What if the fight took place in an area with little metal. That would force magneto to rely on wolverine as a weapon. Would it still be a stomp then?

Stealth Moose
Sure. He pulls Wolverine in half, and uses both parts to stab the opponents at super speeds.

/thread.

carver9
What if the fight took place in an area with little metal. That would force magneto to rely on wolverine as a weapon. Would it still be a stomp then?

What if he got fed up and decided to rip the Iron out of their bodies. Could any of them survive internal damage.?

Firefly218
Sure. He pulls Wolverine in half, and uses both parts to stab the opponents at super speeds.

/thread.

But surely the speed of wolverines body parts wouldn't be greater than spidermans speed. Also Cap would have his shield for defense.

FrothByte

That would be better. Cap and especially Spidey are faster than either Wolverine and Mags, and as long as Cap/Spidey can close the distance well, anyone of them can easily knock out Magneto.

Firefly218
What if he got fed up and decided to rip the Iron out of their bodies. Could any of them survive internal damage.?

That happened because mystique injected the guy with a serious dose of iron. Magneto won't be able to do that against spidey or cap

Stealth Moose
But surely the speed of wolverines body parts wouldn't be greater than spidermans speed. Also Cap would have his shield for defense.

He shot those iron pellets like bullets with minimal concentration. Imagine having a big adamantium wishbone to play with. Magneto's got enough scale and precision to stop an entire hail of bullets, a suspension bridge, or a mach jet; what makes you think he can't accelerate sharpnel enough to kill Spidey and Cap?

NemeBro
Magneto uses Wolverine as a projectile to kill Cap and Spidey.

Firefly218
He shot those iron pellets like bullets with minimal concentration. Imagine having a big adamantium wishbone to play with. Magneto's got enough scale and precision to stop an entire hail of bullets, a suspension bridge, or a mach jet; what makes you think he can't accelerate sharpnel enough to kill Spidey and Cap?

I'm not saying magneto wouldn't have accuracy or power in shooting wolverine, that he would. I'm saying Spiderman is too agile and fast as a moving target for magneto to hit. Also, I'm pretty sure Cap's shield is strong enough to take a hit from wolverine.

Ultimately, magneto would get hit by either caps shield or spideys webs before wolverine can do anything.

Stealth Moose
Let me get this straight...

He took iron powder and made it into orbs with which he freed himself from prison and made his own hover platform, and you think with metal skeleton Wolverine he will be helpless against Spiderman and Captain America?

K.

Firefly218
Not helpless, overwhelmed is the word

Firefly218
Let me get this straight...

He took iron powder and made it into orbs with which he freed himself from prison and made his own hover platform, and you think with metal skeleton Wolverine he will be helpless against Spiderman and Captain America?

K.

BTW, magneto levitating a concentration of iron isn't a very impressive feat relative to those of Spiderman and cap.

Stealth Moose
I don't think you understand the feat in context; it requires very little effort, and he can multi-task like a boss.

Watch it again. See how fast those are moving? What could he do with a belt buckle? A staple? Some debris on the ground?

And then there's this. Aside from ripping open the train like it's a chip wrapper, he has his cop confrontation at about 1:38. Lifting cars as easily as his arms, manipulating multiple things at once while doing a point-blank range bullet catch and maintaining the spin on the bullet simultaneously.

The fact is, if he went all out, bloodlusted, Cap and Spidey don't have a chance in hell.

FrothByte
I don't think you understand the feat in context; it requires very little effort, and he can multi-task like a boss.

Watch it again. See how fast those are moving? What could he do with a belt buckle? A staple? Some debris on the ground?

And then there's this. Aside from ripping open the train like it's a chip wrapper, he has his cop confrontation at about 1:38. Lifting cars as easily as his arms, manipulating multiple things at once while doing a point-blank range bullet catch and maintaining the spin on the bullet simultaneously.

The fact is, if he went all out, bloodlusted, Cap and Spidey don't have a chance in hell.

Only if he's in a place where he has metallic objects to control. If the OP placed the fight somewhere where there isn't metal, then Mags is in trouble.

Regardless of how fast Mags can shoot pieces of Wolverine's skeleton, lets not forget that Spiderman dodges bullets and Cap easily blocks bullets with his shield. And if Mags gets a web to the face then it will probably start going down hill from there.

Stealth Moose
Young Magneto with all movie feats
Adamantium claws wolverine

vs.

Captain America with shield (Magneto cannot manipulate shield)
Spiderman (Tobey Maguire)

Fight takes place in scrap yard with lots of metal
no prep, random encounter

FrothByte

Stealth Moose

Firefly218
You're severely underestimating spideys agility and caps shield. After re-watching that clip I do see your point though.

If fight took place with little to no metal in vicinity, mag/wolverine would win 7/10

Placidity
Mag's greatest feat is warping adamantium in X1.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by FrothByte
Only if he's in a place where he has metallic objects to control. If the OP placed the fight somewhere where there isn't metal, then Mags is in trouble.

Regardless of how fast Mags can shoot pieces of Wolverine's skeleton, lets not forget that Spiderman dodges bullets and Cap easily blocks bullets with his shield. And if Mags gets a web to the face then it will probably start going down hill from there.

Well, if Mags has no metal in the surrounding area....I guess he'll have to rely on throwing a 6"2 bullet around....

And why would a web to the face stop Mags? You're not suggesting he relies on his human senses to control metal, are you? Because that would mean he has to SEE bullets in order to control them...and I'm pretty sure as an old guy, he doesn't.

FrothByte

Yeah I watched the clip. Those pellets were fast but not that fast. They definitely weren't bullet-fast, considering that we could still see the pellets in motion. ANd like I've said before, Spidey has dodged bullets and Cap has blocked bullets.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by FrothByte
Yeah I watched the clip. Those pellets were fast but not that fast. They definitely weren't bullet-fast, considering that we could still see the pellets in motion. ANd like I've said before, Spidey has dodged bullets and Cap has blocked bullets.

They dodged and blocked bullets coming in a line. Those pellets, like any piece of metal, can come from any angle.

There's a significant difference in saying "I can dodge a ball" and "I can dodge a ball from any angle, which can change angles quite abruptly".

And it's not like he had to concentrate or anything. The bullet catch, pellet chuck and so on was bordering on afterthought it was so casual.

DARTH POWER
You're severely underestimating spideys agility

What are the best dodging feats does Tobey Maguire Spiderman have? I don't remember him doing that much dodging.

Stealth Moose
He has metahuman agility. Applying some kind of bastard no limits fallacy, he can dodge anything an infinite number of times, based on being Spiderman**** if I know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.