Dr. Who v Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

siriuswriter
Doctor Who is rather disturbed at the fact that Thor is using Earth as a place where he beats up his brother, plus all the antics Thor does to humans when they're in his way. .

Doctor Who's goal is to send Thor back to Asgaard... Thor's goal is to stop the Doctor from meddling...

Doctor Who has all his feats from the modern seasons

Thor has his feats from his personal movies, as well as The Avengers.

Who wins?

Mindset
So does The Dr have prep?

If not, Thor just bops him on the head with his hammer then leaves him stranded on some barren planet.

emporerpants
Yeah, pretty sure most people on this site could take Dr. Who if he doesn't have prep or access to tech. of some kind.

siriuswriter
Dr. Who has all of his feats He has all his machinery, all his inventions.

Mindset
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Dr. Who has all of his feats He has all his machinery, all his inventions. So...does he have prep or not?

Does he start out in the open facing Thor or in his TARDIS?

Silent Master
Dr. Who has all of his feats He has all his machinery, all his inventions.

What is he going to do with sed equipment in the 3 seconds before Mjolnir destroys his head?

Flyattractor
Is this the Doctor that can fall several thousand feet from a space ship,thru a large plate glass window and then into a marble floor and then get up only slightly bruised? Eh... Screwdriver trumps hammers all day long.

Mindset
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Is this the Doctor that can fall several thousand feet from a space ship,thru a large plate glass window and then into a marble floor and then get up only slightly bruised? Eh... Screwdriver trumps hammers all day long. Screwdriver is more versatile, Mjolnir is more powerful.

I've never seen the sonic screwdriver do anything that could hurt Thor. Thor would take it from The Dr. and shove it up his ass. And I mean Thor shove the screwdriver up his own ass because he's in to that kind of stuff.

DrDeadpool
Dr Who if he just gets 30 minutes prep its enough for him.

Bardock42
I'll say the Doctor will get Thor to Asgard in some way.

maxivitopowe
Is the Dr Worthy enough to pick up Mjolnir?

Silent Master
As Thor is the only one shown to be worthy in the movieverse, I doubt it.

XanatosForever
The Doctor distracts Thor with banter and hijacks S.H.I.E.L.D.'s emergency alert, sending squads of agents down on the asgardian in confusion. He'll slip away into the TARDIS, travel to asgard and sonic the bifrost into teleporting Thor back before sabotaging it whooshing away. "Allonsy!"

siriuswriter
If you really think the Doctor needs more prep than his encyclopedic knowledge of all things alien, plus how he knows the history of every single civilization ever known throughout all space and time... etc. etc.

Then you haven't been watching very closely.

Silent Master
So, how does he beat Thor?

NemeBro
If you really think the Doctor needs more prep than his encyclopedic knowledge of all things alien, plus how he knows the history of every single civilization ever known throughout all space and time... etc. etc.

Then you haven't been watching very closely. I've seen him knocked out in one punch from a ****ing CIA operative. no expression

Thor kills the Doctor.

SSJGGogeta
Uh, this is no contest. The doctor with all his gadgets and prep shits on movie Thor with no kind of difficulty.

Silent Master
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Uh, this is no contest. The doctor with all his gadgets and prep shits on movie Thor with no kind of difficulty.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Silent Master

Just to remind you, this is movie Thor, not comic Thor.

The Doctor can easily come up with plans and figure out how to beat Thor no problem, especially with all of his inventions. He's kind of like Batman in that respect.

Silent Master
Just to remind you, this is movie Thor, not comic Thor.

The Doctor can easily come up with plans and figure out how to beat Thor no problem, especially with all of his inventions. He's kind of like Batman in that respect.

Again, how does he beat Thor?

SSJGGogeta
Again, how does he beat Thor?

"The Doctor can easily come up with plans and figure out how to beat Thor no problem, especially with all of his inventions." thumb up

I'm not going to sit here and type out an extended battle between the two for you, lol.

Silent Master
"The Doctor can easily come up with plans and figure out how to beat Thor no problem, especially with all of his inventions." thumb up

I'm not going to sit here and type out an extended battle between the two for you, lol.

The Dr wins because he's the Dr isn't a valid argument.

NemeBro
Uh, this is no contest. The doctor with all his gadgets and prep shits on movie Thor with no kind of difficulty. He doesn't have prep.

If he had prep, even a very small amount of it, he could easily win. But, well, he doesn't.

SSJGGogeta
The Dr wins because he's the Dr isn't a valid argument.

The Dr is a timelord, meaning his perception of time is non-linear. In other words, he's like Dr. Manhattan in the sense that he's living in the past, present and future at the same time. He can predict anything that Thor would do, because to him, he's already done it. Not to mention that he has spiritual consciousness that allows him to regenerate from even death, because he's a time lord. Not to mention that since he has all his weapons and tech, he has the de-mat gun and The Moment. The de-mat gun removes matter from space-time altogether, which would kill Thor, and The Moment is capable of destroying entire galaxies and killing even immortal beings like time lords.

So basically, the Dr DOES win because he's the Dr. thumb up

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by NemeBro
He doesn't have prep.

If he had prep, even a very small amount of it, he could easily win. But, well, he doesn't.

But he still has all his weapons and tech, such as The Moment and the de-mat gun. Those would easily vaporize Thor, even in the comics.

Silent Master
The Dr is a timelord, meaning his perception of time is non-linear. In other words, he's like Dr. Manhattan in the sense that he's living in the past, present and future at the same time. He can predict anything that Thor would do, because to him, he's already done it. Not to mention that he has spiritual consciousness that allows him to regenerate from even death, because he's a time lord. Not to mention that since he has all his weapons and tech, he has the de-mat gun and The Moment. The de-mat gun removes matter from space-time altogether, which would kill Thor, and The Moment is capable of destroying entire galaxies and killing even immortal beings like time lords.

So basically, the Dr DOES win because he's the Dr. thumb up

And Thor is just going to stand there and wait for the Dr to use the gun or the Moment gadget?

SSJGGogeta
And Thor is just going to stand there and wait for the Dr to use the gun or the Moment gadget?

Even if Thor wasn't arrogant, and hadn't demonstrated in the past that he was stupid enough to stand still to tank things to prove his strength, the Dr can still predict any movements he makes,due to his non-linear perception of time, and stun him briefly with Telepathy to shoot him.

Again, the Dr wins because he's the Dr. thumb up

Silent Master
Even if Thor wasn't arrogant, and hadn't demonstrated in the past that he was stupid enough to stand still to tank things to prove his strength, the Dr can still predict any movements he makes,due to his non-linear perception of time, and stun him briefly with Telepathy to shoot him.

Again, the Dr wins because he's the Dr. thumb up

In what movie does Thor just stand there and tank attacks?

SSJGGogeta
In what movie does Thor just stand there and tank attacks?

In almost all of them, he has tried to block or take an attack he could easily dodge, simply because he's cocky. Again though, you're dodging the rest of my post. Could that be because you know that the Dr would rape Thor?

Silent Master
In almost all of them, he has tried to block or take an attack he could easily dodge, simply because he's cocky. Again though, you're dodging the rest of my post. Could that be because you know that the Dr would rape Thor?

Really, because he didn't just stand there against the Frost Giants, or the Destroyer, or Hulk, or Iron-man, or the Chitauri, or the rock monster etc.

SSJGGogeta
Really, because he didn't just stand there against the Frost Giants, or the Destroyer, or Hulk, or Iron-man, or the Chitauri, or the rock monster etc.

Thank you for proving my point by again dodging the bulk of my argument, and instead nit-picking one single sentence. BTW, Thor tried tanking attacks from Loki in the comics and got beaten because of it.

For the last time, explain how Thor would be able to react to the Dr, who could predict any move Thor made. If you don't, then I accept your concession, and can consider that I've won. thumb up

Silent Master
Thank you for proving my point by again dodging the bulk of my argument, and instead nit-picking one single sentence. BTW, Thor tried tanking attacks from Loki in the comics and got beaten because of it.

For the last time, explain how Thor would be able to react to the Dr, who could predict any move Thor made. If you don't, then I accept your concession, and can consider that I've won. thumb up

This is the movie forum, why are you bringing up the comics?

ares834
Dr. Who wins easily. Specifically since OP mentioned he has all his inventions.

Silent Master
Originally posted by ares834
Dr. Who wins easily. Specifically since OP mentioned he has all his inventions.

Which invention is he going to use before Thor hits him?

ares834
The two weapons already mentioned in this thread would be more than adequate.

Silent Master
The two weapons already mentioned in this thread would be more than adequate.

What speed feats does Dr Who have that suggests he can retrieve one of those weapons from his inventory and fire it before Thor attacks?

ares834
laughing out loud

Silent Master
laughing out loud

It's your argument, so what feats do you have?

ares834
laughing out loud

Silent Master
laughing out loud

I agree, your argument is rather funny.

SSJGGogeta
I agree, your argument is rather funny.

Just like yours was. Again with the bulk dodging. Dr Who has non-linear time perception. He can make it so he's already holding the weapon charged when the fight starts. Just like he can experience his own death infinitely just to live it again with a better understanding of how Thor fights, meaning he can counter anything Thor does, because to the Dr, Thor's already done it before.

SSJGGogeta
This is the movie forum, why are you bringing up the comics?

Why are you STILL avoiding my argument? Because you know I'm right, that's why. Dr Who can counter anything Thor does and easily kill him.

Silent Master
Why are you STILL avoiding my argument? Because you know I'm right, that's why. Dr Who can counter anything Thor does and easily kill him.

Because you haven't figured out that this is the movie forum and thus comics don't count...until you realize this, there is no point in moving to the next point.

Just like yours was. Again with the bulk dodging. Dr Who has non-linear time perception. He can make it so he's already holding the weapon charged when the fight starts. Just like he can experience his own death infinitely just to live it again with a better understanding of how Thor fights, meaning he can counter anything Thor does, because to the Dr, Thor's already done it before.

Show me an example of him magically making a gun appear out of thin air.

SSJGGogeta
Because you haven't figured out that this is the movie forum and thus comics don't count...until you realize this, there is no point in moving to the next point.

Show me an example of him magically making a gun appear out of thin air.

I already have. Again, this doesn't matter, as Thor can't counter anything the Dr does, while the Dr has already seen his strategies.

I said he saw time as non-linear, not that he's a phucking magician. Dr Who HAS however, been able to counter attacks from people because he's already seen them do them. It's simply his biology. He lives in his past, present and future at the same time, meaning he can easily react to things he can't even perceive, simply because he's seen it before and has infinite time to react or counter it. You really can't kill him unless you destroy the Tardis, because then he can't regenerate. Even then, you still have to get past his TK, his time lord biology, and his wit. Unless you can do something to kill him instantly so he can't do anything about it, after you destroy the Tardis, then you can't truly kill him.

If this was comic Thor though, he would simply destroy the planet that they're on, which would instantly destroy the Tardis and the Dr permanently. This is movie Thor though. thumb up

Silent Master
I'm glad that you've finally realized that this is the movie forum and as such won't try and bring up no-canon examples anymore...now, can you post feats of Doctor Who drawing and firing/using a weapon faster than someone that is fast enough to block multiple energy weapons?

NemeBro
Dr Who has non-linear time perception. He can make it so he's already holding the weapon charged when the fight starts. A. That first statement does not support the second one at all.

B. No he can't.

This is seriously the same guy who has been cold-cocked by human beings before he could react.

Thor wins. thumb up

Mindset
A. That first statement does not support the second one at all.

B. No he can't.

This is seriously the same guy who has been cold-cocked by human beings before he could react.

Thor wins. thumb up thumb up

Lol at the Dr. wanking.

siriuswriter

Are you talking about "The Impossible Astronaut" storyline with the 11th Doctor?

NemeBro
Are you talking about "The Impossible Astronaut" storyline with the 11th Doctor? No, I am talking about one of the Christopher Eccleston (sp?) episodes where he gets cold-cocked by a CIA operative.

I recall something about a radio tower.

siriuswriter
That sounds like the episode of Elizabeth II's coronation.

Silent Master
Thor wins.

marwash22
The Doctor wins via wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey... stuff.

Bentley
Kang destroys Thor if he has prep kangbiscuits

SSJGGogeta
where he gets cold-cocked by a CIA operative.

no expression

I don't remember that episode...

Mindset
When has the Dr. shown super human movement and/or reactions?

Epicurus
Doctor wins.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Epicurus
Doctor wins.

How?

Epicurus
Feats.

Silent Master
Feats.

Which feats?

Epicurus
The ones which enable him to win this thread.

SSJGGogeta
Which feats?

Why do you keep this going? Doctor who has weapons that would shit on movie Thor, who moves as slow as Captain America.

Doctor who can simply pull out the de-mat gun and instantly destroy Mjolnir that Thor has thrown at him, before killing Thor with the same ease.

Since he has telepathy and The Moment, he could instantly kill Thor before he could react. This is the definition of a stomp.

Silent Master
The ones which enable him to win this thread.

IOW, the ones that don't exist.

Epicurus
IOW, the ones that don't exist.
IOW, you concede. And I accept.

Silent Master
Why do you keep this going? Doctor who has weapons that would shit on movie Thor, who moves as slow as Captain America.

Doctor who can simply pull out the de-mat gun and instantly destroy Mjolnir that Thor has thrown at him, before killing Thor with the same ease.

Since he has telepathy and The Moment, he could instantly kill Thor before he could react. This is the definition of a stomp.

Again, show feats of him doing so against someone that has Thor's speed feats.

Silent Master
IOW, you concede. And I accept.

You still haven't posted any feats.

Epicurus
Again, show feats of him doing so against someone that has Thor's speed feats.
What speed feats?

Epicurus
Watch the show.

Silent Master

Epicurus
Watch the series.

Silent Master

Epicurus
Watch the show.

Silent Master
"Watch the show" isn't a valid argument.

Epicurus
Watch the show.

siriuswriter
Well, here's one way Dr. Who could win - Create a hologram of Thor's GF, right in front of the TARDIS. Have the hologram say something that makes Thor come over. When he's close, open TARDIS door, grab Thor, close door [having previously entered the coordinates for Asgard... lock Thor in TARDIS, speak to Odin, mention the Shadow Proclamation, that Earth is level 5... Odin tightens up security - Thor is stuck in Asgard.

Silent Master
Well, here's one way Dr. Who could win - Create a hologram of Thor's GF, right in front of the TARDIS. Have the hologram say something that makes Thor come over. When he's close, open TARDIS door, grab Thor, close door

Why is Thor just standing there and waiting for the Dr to do all of this instead of throwing Mjolnir as soon as the fight starts?

BTW, you never gave the Dr prep, so how exactly would he have set all of this up?

siriuswriter
I think I DID give the doctor prep - he already knows everything there is to know about Thor and Asgard, because I can only think of ONE instance where The Doctor didn't know "what it was," and that was because it wasn't really an alien technology According to "The Parting of Ways" his holograms are 100 percent life-like.

Once he's in the TARDIS - well, we know that the Doctor is the TARDIS and vice versa, so I'm pretty sure the TARDIS would keep Thor from doing any damage. From there, a quick trip to Asgard, a quick talk with Odin - we have seen that whoever doesn't uphold the Shadow Proclamation will be either neutralized , or in extreme cases, actually killed, and thus Thor is back in Asgard.

Plus, if Thor ends up killing the Doctor, there are going to be millions of different planets angry at Thor/Asgard and their citizens will soon take revenge on Thor/Asgard. Which I'm pretty sure Odin wouldn't like.

Stealth Moose
I'm assuming Dr. Who has a pocket tractor, because Thor is a solid dude and will not be easily pushed anywhere.

NemeBro
I think I DID give the doctor prep - he already knows everything there is to know about Thor and Asgard, because I can only think of ONE instance where The Doctor didn't know "what it was," and that was because it wasn't really an alien technology Plus Midnight.

Having prior knowledge is not the same as prep.

The Doctor would have to start the fight in the Tardis or with some other form of protection already activated, because if he doesn't, Thor is going to kill him with a single attack.

Anyway, if the Doctor doesn't have prep Thor stomps, if he does have prep, the Doctor stomps. Either way, bad thread. thumb down

Silent Master
I think I DID give the doctor prep - he already knows everything there is to know about Thor and Asgard, because I can only think of ONE instance where The Doctor didn't know "what it was," and that was because it wasn't really an alien technology According to "The Parting of Ways" his holograms are 100 percent life-like.

Once he's in the TARDIS - well, we know that the Doctor is the TARDIS and vice versa, so I'm pretty sure the TARDIS would keep Thor from doing any damage. From there, a quick trip to Asgard, a quick talk with Odin - we have seen that whoever doesn't uphold the Shadow Proclamation will be either neutralized , or in extreme cases, actually killed, and thus Thor is back in Asgard.

Plus, if Thor ends up killing the Doctor, there are going to be millions of different planets angry at Thor/Asgard and their citizens will soon take revenge on Thor/Asgard. Which I'm pretty sure Odin wouldn't like.

Giving him knowledge of Thor isn't the same as giving him prep time so that he can set up equipment and program holograms. at no point did you state that the Dr had prep time.

Mindset

Plus, if Thor ends up killing the Doctor, there are going to be millions of different planets angry at Thor/Asgard and their citizens will soon take revenge on Thor/Asgard. Which I'm pretty sure Odin wouldn't like. lmao

NemeBro
Calm down.

SSJGGogeta
Giving him knowledge of Thor isn't the same as giving him prep time so that he can set up equipment and program holograms. at no point did you state that the Dr had prep time.

He doesn't need prep time. He simply has the knowledge of Asgard and Thor, them being an alien planet/alien. The Dr knows pretty much everything, and is only unfamiliar with spiritual beings, like the devil or god.

Silent Master
Thor wins.

Epicurus
Doctor wins, easily.

Silent Master

Epicurus
Watch the show.

SSJGGogeta

Neither have you. All you're saying is "lol, herp-derp, Thor's faster", and you look pretty ****ing stupid because of it. thumb up

Silent Master
See, now you're just lying as I've mentioned Thor blocking energy weapons multiple times in the movies.

Epicurus
You still haven't watched the show.

Bentley
You still haven't watched the show.

The whole show? confused

Mindset
Calm down. Fight me irl, nerd.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Bentley
The whole show? confused
The one specified in the OP.

Martian_mind
This is hilarious. The Doctor has a non-linear perception of time? He knows what will happen in the fight before it does? How many times in the new series has that actually happened? Contrast to how many times he is taken by surprise, or put in mortal peril simply by overwhelming force and is saved only by a companion or his foes stupidity/ lack of mobity. Unless the fight begins with Thor asleep in adamantium chains in the middle of the Tardis, the Doctor is getting his ****ing head ripped in a single hammer toss. Jesus, ease up on the wanking guys

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Martian_mind
This is hilarious. The Doctor has a non-linear perception of time? He knows what will happen in the fight before it does? How many times in the new series has that actually happened? Contrast to how many times he is taken by surprise, or put in mortal peril simply by overwhelming force and is saved only by a companion or his foes stupidity/ lack of mobity. Unless the fight begins with Thor asleep in adamantium chains in the middle of the Tardis, the Doctor is getting his ****ing head ripped in a single hammer toss. Jesus, ease up on the wanking guys

You're aware that this is movie Thor, right?

The same Thor that was overcome by Captain America's speed. thumb up

The Doctor does have a non-linear perception of time. Look it up, all time lords do. I haven't kept up with the new series, but it's why he was able to remember people he's never met. The stuff that happened with him getting beat up by normal humans is only chock-able as PIS.

Thor's hammer was dodged by Hulk, who couldn't even come close to tagging a normal, human girl. thumb up

If anyone's wanking here, it's the guy using comic book Thor. dontgetit

Robtard
When was Thor "overcome" by Cap's speed?

Since when is Black Window just "normal", cos I'm pretty sure "normal" women can't do what she does. Like springboard high into the air and single-arm grab a speeding by ship.

Why does "PIS" only apply to Dr. Who when there's a low-showing and not Thor?

NemeBro

A. Post that actually happening.

B. Cap is faster than the Doctor. thumb up

He gets his ass beaten by people far under Thor's weight class.

Non-linear perception of time? That's interesting, considering it's an actual plot point that while he has no ****ing clue who River Song (Another time traveler) is, she's met him many many times.

Black Widow is also faster than the Doctor, and would beat him to death in a fist fight.

Also, the Hulk caught an ejection seat before it could move four feet. He is also faster than the Doctor.

Also, he didn't dodge Mjolnir, try harder. thumb up

Comic Thor would indeed stomp even harder, but there is no need to use him.

Mindset

Captain America never fought Thor.

He fought Loki, and he wasn't faster than him.

CA is faster than The Doctor anyway.

DarkSaint85

The Doctor does have a non-linear perception of time. Look it up, all time lords do. I haven't kept up with the new series, but it's why he was able to remember people he's never met.

Like his wife, River Song? Or how he's always blindsided by plot developments?

edit: someone beat me to it.

NemeBro
You're damn right I did.

Digi
Reading this thread gave me a brain tumor.

Bentley
Originally posted by Digi

My thoughts exactly thumb up

"If Digi read this up, he'd get a brain tumor"

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Digi

First thing I thought of:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/443009792/hE6FDEC5C/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.