Dracula (Gabriel Belmont) vs Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
No medusa head for Kratos no possession for Gabriel.

StealthRanger
Kratos

Ridley_Prime
Even as Dracula I'd want Gabriel to win here, with all my heart, but don't know enough to say really (have yet to play LoS2, and only recently got caught up on the first one and Mirror of Fate).

Estacado
Dracula respect thread.Its far from complete though.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f100/t592004.html

Stealth Moose
Dracula stomps.

Decimus
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Even as Dracula I'd want Gabriel to win here, with all my heart, but don't know enough to say really (have yet to play LoS2, and only recently got caught up on the first one and Mirror of Fate).
The LoS 2 is garbage. Do not buy garbage games rent them. No offense to people who bought it and enjoyed it though just some advice for the other gamers that aren't as passionate and are a tad more skeptical. Mercury stream definitely dropped the ball... on this one. The first LoS was excellently done and a definite sleeper hit for the avid gamer to relish wink

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Estacado
No medusa head for Kratos no possession for Gabriel.

Kratos wins via Euryale's head then.

excellent

Estacado
haermm
Dracula gets some badass anti stonegaze shades then.uhuh

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Decimus
The LoS 2 is garbage. Do not buy garbage games rent them. No offense to people who bought it and enjoyed it though just some advice for the other gamers that aren't as passionate and are a tad more skeptical. Mercury stream definitely dropped the ball... on this one. The first LoS was excellently done and a definite sleeper hit for the avid gamer to relish wink

If it's garbage then it shouldnt' be rented either. I'm not saying LoS is garbage, I've never seen it or played the game.

Estacado
Bump.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Decimus

Imo i don't think the second one deserves all the hate its been getting, When there's far worst games out there.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Kazenji
Imo i don't think the second one deserves all the hate its been getting, When there's far worst games out there.

Thanks to Greenlight and Kickstarter, there's a multitude of far worse games.

I think some people just like to ***** about things and feel validated when others join them in their bitchiness.

Estacado
Los 2 is a great action game.Gameplay wise better then the 1st except for the stealth off course.The story is not as good as in Los however.

It still deserves a solid 7.5-8 score.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Dracula stomps. Based on?

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by NemeBro
Based on?

That Kratos sucks. Duh.

Kazenji
Thanks to Greenlight and Kickstarter, there's a multitude of far worse games.

I think some people just like to ***** about things and feel validated when others join them in their bitchiness.

Even with the games that involve big budgets, Some manage to make it out such as the recent Rambo game or last year's Ride to Hell: Retribution.

CosmicComet
What is gabriel's best speed feat?

StealthRanger
Thought I might say there is a feat that could bump GoW into the country level range in the GoW comics :noworries

Kazenji
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Thought I might say there is a feat that could bump GoW into the country level range in the GoW comics :noworries

Got any scans?

StealthRanger
Can't find them

Though I was referring to Apollo's power vaporising an island (Gyges), not sure how big it is, though perhaps scaling off a Titan is size would work

idk

Estacado
Originally posted by CosmicComet
What is gabriel's best speed feat?
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

http://youtu.be/j8WEGOUJypQ?t=9m31s
Possibly reacts to a Lightning attack. Said attack was weakened though.

http://youtu.be/kxYjNV7lg08?t=3m20s
Dracula dodges an attack that is at the very least low end hypersonic.

CosmicComet

Looks like Kratos can blitz Gabriel then.

KingD19
Was the lightning attack being weakened making it any slower as a result? Or just less powerful?

CosmicComet
If we just assume its the speed of a normal bolt, then Kratos still has a massive edge in speed.

Estacado
Gabriel could turn into mist if he gets hit......while being mist he can still instant freeze his opponents....

CosmicComet
The blades can attack intangible things. There are shades that can phase into the ground and Kratos can pull them straight out of the ground with the blades. The chains of Hades we already know can attack intangible things like souls.

At the very least, the sheer heat from the flames of the blades can damage the mist. Flash Freezing shouldn't be an issue. Kratos has gone through intense gusts of cold to get the Horn of Boreas in Ghost of Sparta.

Estacado
Gabriel can also teleport in his mist form to keep distance .
He also has bubble shields which make him invulnerable for short periods.

CosmicComet
Teleporting is ok if you're close enough in reaction time to make use of it. From what I've seen of Gabriel, he doesn't come close as of some new information I have.

How invulnerable is invulnerable? What kinda durability feats do the bubbles have is what I mean? And can they stop the intangible effect the claws or him calling souls from Sparta to fight by his side? He can also blind him/hurt him with the intense blast of sunlight from Helios' head

KingD19
Isn't Kratos' greatest speed feat dodging lightning? Wouldn't Gabriel dodging lightning put him in the same category?

Estacado
Wow...didnt know Kratos is a super speedster who just blitzes his opponents like Flash beating the tar out of them..haermm

Anyways the bubble shields make him untouchable till they are broken.
Gabriel is pretty much immune to heat thanks to his chaos powers.

You say like Dracula is going to stand there and watch Kratos spam all his attacks at him.

CosmicComet
I won't get into too many specific as far as calc numbers as I am now trying to speed compile my respect thread before I'm gone from here. (RL at last will take over) but here goes:

The lightning Kratos dodges is much faster. If Gabriel's lightning dodging is of typical speed, he's dodging something like mach 100-300.

Zeus' lightning is fast enough to go from Mt. Olympus to Egypt in a second or less. Making it at least mach 4000ish. That's if you use real world distances though. In God of War, Mount Olympus is several thousands of miles tall (via a statement in one of guides on how long it takes a man to fall from the top, as well as some other stuff from the games). So it actually comes out to several times higher than mach 4000. A dev confirmed the height statement to be valid as well as saying Zeus' lightning toss in the book is correct since Ares did something similar by throwing that pillar from athens to pandora's temple.

-Kratos in God of War Ascension moved fast enough for falling pillars that fell from at least a hundred feet above him, to move so slow as to be literally frozen for brief moments of time. (Overall they were falling in slow motion, but each time Kratos targeted, & moved from one falling pillar to the next, they were legit frozen in mid-air).

-Soon after that, Kratos fought Castor and Pollux, who used a time stop against Kratos. Kratos was able to resist it because of his speed. This was confirmed by the dev who designed the whole boss fight. (He also designed the aforementioned chase sequence where Kratos moved fast enough for those falling pillars to look temporarily frozen and acknowledged that as a speed showing).

-Kratos fought and readily reacted to Hermes, who in short bursts at least is faster than light. He's the only enemy in the game that can outright dodge the Helios solar flare move. One of the main producers confirmed that was put in to show Hermes' speed over everyone else.

-Warriors of Zeus in God of War Ascension have a special dash move that is literally described as letting them move at light speed upon the enemy. This means Zeus himself is at least as fast. And all of the warriors in the multiplayer are confirmed in a dev video to be intended as lesser than Kratos. So Kratos with Hermes' boots can definitely be scaled from that.

KingD19
Cool. Didn't know all of that.

Stealth Moose
Dracula technically can't die except with a specific God given weapon, so how is Kratos going to win?

CosmicComet
Simple. Read the rules. It mentions Ganondorf who in canon has the same kind of caveat regarding his 'killability'. We ignore things like that and go off of their explicit durability feats.

Not no-limits fallacies.

(Hence for example why I asked how durable the bubbles are, as we can't simply assume they are completely invulnerable.)

A KO or incapacitation for a set amount of time still counts as a win anyway.

Stealth Moose
A KO I can understand. The OP could use some clarification. But Drac's immunity isn't a no limits fallacy; it's a plot point and accounts for his role as The Dreaded. Iirc, God pretty much makes him unable to be slain, so it needs to be stipulated what, if anything, can KO him.

CosmicComet
A plot point? That's no different than Ganon being unbeatable except by the Master Sword. The rule automatically accounts for that.

If you want to make him unkillable because of a plot point, then he is no longer allowed to be in a thread.

If he is in a thread, then whatever durability feats he has are used as a baseline to determine what can and can't kill/ko him.

On a side note, how powerful is this God anyway? If he's not completely omnipotent, then its naturally a no-limits fallacy anyway. Not that it necessarily matters here, I just mean in regards to other threads.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by KingD19
Was the lightning attack being weakened making it any slower as a result? Or just less powerful?

Can't say for certain. Likely the latter. It looked to be as fast as the lightning he used to subdue Dracula back in the real world.

Anyways the bubble shields make him untouchable till they are broken.
Gabriel is pretty much immune to heat thanks to his chaos powers.

You do know you're engaging in no-limits fallacies right?
His Void shield has no canon durability feats (so we have no idea if it can protect him from hits from people as strong as Kratos), not to mention, it apparently uses up all of his Void magic for a single use shield that can only protect him from a limited number of hits.
And Dracula no-selling the Gorgon's fire breath, doesn't mean he can no-sell any fire-based attack.

NemeBro
Dracula technically can't die except with a specific God given weapon, so how is Kratos going to win? http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110619150745/godofwar/images/b/b1/Blade_of_olympus_render.jpg

Total Broadband
Kratos is being claimed as light speed now? Kratos had to wound Hermes to get close to him, using a feat that's from Hermes at his peak as something for Kratos to scale from is giggle worthy, not that scaling is relevant in this instance anyway since Kratos fights hermes with long chainblades in a small room, hardly a work of finesse in their fight.

The only question for this fight is does Dracula have long range spells and can he teleport? if those answers are yes, which based on some responses is true, then he wins because Kratos' ranged abilities are pathetic and his movement speed is laughable, Dracula would have to "let" Kratos catch up to be in range of any of his abilities.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Total Broadband
Kratos is being claimed as light speed now? Kratos had to wound Hermes to get close to him, using a feat that's from Hermes at his peak as something for Kratos to scale from is giggle worthy, not that scaling is relevant in this instance anyway since Kratos fights hermes with long chainblades in a small room, hardly a work of finesse in their fight.

Lightspeed unequivocally exists in God of War canon now as of Ascension. By warriors that are deemed lesser than Kratos and are mere pawns of Zeus.

And, are you an idiot? It seems you couldn't parse the meaning of my words. Hermes is able to dodge the Helios' Solar Flare while Kratos is fighting him, where Hermes is tired in the first place.

The room was not small at all in any form. Considering Kratos is 8'6" and they still had a wide breadth to maneuver in. Not to mention, the speed of the blades would come from his arms anyway. Also, he reacted to Hermes in a close quarters QTE with his bare-hands, so that kills that argument too. We also know Kratos was landing blows on him the entire fight because Hermes has a dialogue during the fight where he'll complain about Kratos landing blows on him. We also know that Hermes only starts getting really, really tired (such that he starts fumbling around) only as you continue to hit him and lower his health--if you don't lower his health, he'll be completely normal except for trying to catch his breath once in awhile if he creates space.

And don't just plug your ears on this, what feats does Dracula have to say Kratos' speed is laughable in comparison? None have been posted or hinted at.

-Kratos moves fast enough for falling rubble from a high distance to look frozen in mid-air relative to him for a few moments. Not just slowed down, but frozen.

-Kratos is fast enough to fight even while under a time-stop, by an enemy who is very nimble, can levitate, use telekinesis, shoot barrages of projectiles, blitz teleport, Age and De-Age you, and create time-bubbles around himself to boot.

-Kratos reacts to (at minimum) sub-relativistic lightning bolts while they are just a meter or so away from him. (Every description of the fleece says it only works by activating it just before impact).

-Kratos reacts to a guy who is confirmed to be able to dodge blasts of light (even while tired) as a show of being faster than everyone else.

-Kratos has scaling rights with pawns of Zeus that are lightspeed in bursts, that as a whole are deemed lesser than Kratos.

-Zeus himself becomes lightspeed from that scaling, and whom Kratos has fought evenly twice now.

-Zeus and Ares have at least sub-relativistic speeds from their travels to and from Mount Olympus anyway.

Total Broadband
Lightspeed unequivocally exists in God of War canon now as of Ascension. By warriors that are deemed lesser than Kratos and are mere pawns of Zeus.

And, are you an idiot? It seems you couldn't parse the meaning of my words. Hermes is able to dodge the Helios' Solar Flare while Kratos is fighting him, where Hermes is tired in the first place.

The room was not small at all in any form. Considering Kratos is 8'6" and they still had a wide breadth to maneuver in. Not to mention, the speed of the blades would come from his arms anyway. Also, he reacted to Hermes in a close quarters QTE with his bare-hands, so that kills that argument too. We also know Kratos was landing blows on him the entire fight because Hermes has a dialogue during the fight where he'll complain about Kratos landing blows on him. We also know that Hermes only starts getting really, really tired (such that he starts fumbling around) only as you continue to hit him and lower his health--if you don't lower his health, he'll be completely normal except for trying to catch his breath once in awhile if he creates space.

And don't just plug your ears on this, what feats does Dracula have to say Kratos' speed is laughable in comparison? None have been posted or hinted at.

-Kratos moves fast enough for falling rubble from a high distance to look frozen in mid-air relative to him for a few moments. Not just slowed down, but frozen.

-Kratos is fast enough to fight even while under a time-stop, by an enemy who is very nimble, can levitate, use telekinesis, shoot barrages of projectiles, blitz teleport, Age and De-Age you, and create time-bubbles around himself to boot.

-Kratos reacts to (at minimum) sub-relativistic lightning bolts while they are just a meter or so away from him. (Every description of the fleece says it only works by activating it just before impact).

-Kratos reacts to a guy who is confirmed to be able to dodge blasts of light (even while tired) as a show of being faster than everyone else.

-Kratos has scaling rights with pawns of Zeus that are lightspeed in bursts, that as a whole are deemed lesser than Kratos.

-Zeus himself becomes lightspeed from that scaling, and whom Kratos has fought evenly twice now.

-Zeus and Ares have at least sub-relativistic speeds from their travels to and from Mount Olympus anyway.

Or its just hyperbole, which is more likely.

Hes not just tired hes wounded because Kratos launched a catapult shot at him, something else quite slow he did not dodge.

The room was about as big as my living room, considering theres a couple of gods brawling in it, he had hardly any room to manouver at all vs a guy who has chained blades which are how long? a good 10-20 feet?

The QTE involves you already catching up to hermes or him jumping right on top of you, again with him not going at any amazing speed,I don't know where you got FTL from.

Also don't try and reach for completely normal, "completely normal" is him easily outrunning Kratos, before he drops a slow ass catapult boulder on him, relatively slow ass to the speeds your claiming anyway.

Teleportation, Kratos' peak human speeds are completely outmatched by that alone.

Are you talking about the little snippet of the fight where he does none of that stuff apart from stupidly luning right up into Kratos' face? Kratos was still slowed.

Scaled from what exactly? This is not the old Zeus' lightning bolt speed rubbish is it, because its been debunked 100x, Zeus lightning is slow as hell in every case Kratos can canonically react to it, which is iirc few since most of them are in-game.

Weve seen Zeus fight, hes again, much like Kratos, peak human. All the games prove this for the Gods when their running about human form or a bit bigger, Posiedon, Ares and Hades don't move much quicker than their size would suggest, how was Zeus even close to light speed when Kratos was kicking his ass at the top of the mountain end of GoW 2? he was getting Kratos slowly beating him with pillars, their whole fight was across like ten square meters.

The only thing lightspeed is the speed you jump to conclusions apparently...at best your talking about a outlier statement than your trying to ignore the entire game series from and at worst a scrap of hyperbole.

Stealth Moose
A plot point? That's no different than Ganon being unbeatable except by the Master Sword. The rule automatically accounts for that.

If you want to make him unkillable because of a plot point, then he is no longer allowed to be in a thread.

That's kind of my point. If you're attempting to argue him in any context, you have to know his limits. In the story, Vamp-Dracula is pretty much immortal save for his former weapon which is the only thing that can put him down. And this is in a setting with explosions, hellfire, demons, vampires, huge giants, etc.

I'm not saying "He no sells everything gg." I'm saying "You need to establish his ability to effectively be KO'd or change the rules of the fight to accommodate for his immortality.

Not being able to be bisected, maimed, or otherwise burnt is pretty high durability. I haven't finished the game, but assuming within the media he is pretty much able to shrug off anything that hits him, wouldn't this make his durability impossible to determine?

People sling no-limits fallacy around here a lot like it's some catch-all. This ignores a burden of proof.

Assertion: Dracula cannot die by anything but the Vampire Killer in his own medium.

Proof: LoS 2, in spades.

Counter Assertion: Kratos can defeat him with weapon XYZ or power ABC.

Proof: Because no limits fallacy.

KMC is fond of this.

Total Broadband
Not sure a no limits fallacy is being properly cited anyway. a no limits fallacy is not trying to suggest a power that makes an entity invulnerable actually makes him invulnerable....that's what the power may do. If Draculas shields and I don't say they do, specifically cite that they are indestructible outright, then they are.

A no limits fallacy is something that's poorly understood or described, and then from there extrapolated upon. It would be a fallacy to say Draculas shields are indestructible just because nothing in his universe can damage them.

NemeBro
Considering Kratos is 8'6" and they still had a wide breadth to maneuver in. If Kratos is 8'6", then Calliope is over six feet tall, lol.

NemeBro
Not sure a no limits fallacy is being properly cited anyway. a no limits fallacy is not trying to suggest a power that makes an entity invulnerable actually makes him invulnerable....that's what the power may do. If Draculas shields and I don't say they do, specifically cite that they are indestructible outright, then they are.

A no limits fallacy is something that's poorly understood or described, and then from there extrapolated upon. It would be a fallacy to say Draculas shields are indestructible just because nothing in his universe can damage them.

No, a no-limits fallacy is asserting something is completely immune to something that is far more powerful than anything they tanked.

NemeBro

Or you're just an idiot.

It obviously wasn't slow, if it hit someone who can dodge a flash of literal light.

"What is ducking".

Pay attention to people's posts then.

He wasn't completely normal, that's true.

Kratos can leap hundreds of feet. "Peak human", lol, what a crock of shit.

He reacts to a foe who has slowed down time because he was quick enough to. Confirmed by the devs. Cry more.

Debunk it then, lol. With a flick of his wrist Zeus' lightning travels at over mach 5,000.

"Oh but he chose to use slow bolts on Kratos", lol, what a stupid cow.

He could fly from the ground to above the clouds in moments, and can once again deflect lightning.

Kratos is faster than Gabriel. thumb up

It's funny how you cling onto Dracula's power that makes him invulnerable as if it is entirely invulnerable no matter who fights him, but you dismiss the statement of the Warriors of Zeus being lightspeed as "hyperbole". It's almost as if you're a stupid hypocrite or something.

CosmicComet
Total Broadband, I will respond to you shortly. You made some major mistakes, cited an outdated status quo, and appear to lack a basic understanding of how speed works.

If Kratos is 8'6", then Calliope is over six feet tall, lol.

I just assume that everyone is not to scale, unless they are roughly equal or larger than Kratos in size. Apparently Hercules was described as 12 feet tall somewhere in the Gow3 features according to the wiki. That sounds about right in my head in relation to Kratos' 8'6".

NemeBro
It only just occurred to me that I was speaking to BT.

lol

Also, where exactly is Kratos referenced as 8'6"?

Demonic Phoenix
One of the devs said his height was 8'6" in a GoW3 featurette.

Total Broadband
Or you're just an idiot.

oh no I am quite sure its hyperbole Shaney dear

Well as I said, slow is relative. For Hermes who runs at maybe mach 1 at peak if you push it, its fairly fast.

Hundreds of feet? Show me...

quote]He reacts to a foe who has slowed down time because he was quick enough to. Confirmed by the devs. Cry more.

That does not counter what I said, sure he reacts to him, the guys jumping up in his face....

Why beat a dead horse? And over Mach 5k? That's not the slow ass bolts he thows around usually so I assume this is some huge exaggeration based on fan calcs?

Never played a Tauren, but no Zeus cant choose to use anything but slow ass bolts unfortunately.

Fly? maybe, only, its a shame you cant show me many scenes of Kratos fighting a flying Zeus effectively then because if I recall, most fights are walking about, peak human....tops..

Cant recall clinging to anything apart from logic while you try to wrestle me from it. The point stands is if Dracula is literally by his games canon invulnerable then fair enough, but Dracula features predominantly in LoS 2 in this Castlevania series meaing it couldn't be an outlier for him, and it may not be exaggeration but I know the GoW series has 3 games where going faster than light would basically make every event in said games redundant. I chortle at Zeus spending half an age making a shitty blade to fight the Titans when he could speed through the whole race of them before any of them could scream and turn them to atoms.

Of course, "light speed" may merely be assumed here to be the literal scientific speed of light, and not some far fetched Greek myth like the game is based on.

And probably lightspeed as well! laughing

I thought that was obvious, no one else tramples the debating capabilities of KMC like I do.

CosmicComet
I won't post all of the conversations with devs, or all of the scans I've collected from books or all of the calcs right here while I'm still compiling everything, but here goes with asmuch as I can give.

Prove this.

Essense of Hyperion is the name of the move. Hyperion, the titan of
Light. It explicitly tells us that this dash move allows you to advance upon your enemy at the speed of light.

A wound that made him bleed a lot and made him pant. In essence, it made him tired. It wasn't something that hampered his motor ability. So no torn muscle or broken bones. Being tired is relative to your abilities. A tired Kratos is still class 100. A tired Hermes is still a high level speedster.

And he did not dodge it, but that's not the same as not being able to dodge. He simply stood there not moving, while it hit the statue he was standing on. Obviously he could react to it if Kratos himself could react to it by latching on to it. Similarly he also dodged a large boulder tossed at him by a titan in a scene from God of War 2. And if you fail the QTE, it shows that Hermes was not even paying attention. Anyway, at worst, its just a low feat, or Hermes was caught in a cocky idiot ball moment, which is then eclipsed by a massive high feat when Kratos faces a serious Hermes (albeit a tired one) that shows he could dodge a blast of light from even close quarters.

This is absolutely false unless you live in a large mansion, with a living room bigger than my entire house.

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r791/StarsNStripesDC/kratosinroom_zps4e8ec7cd.jpg

Here, a screenshot of almost the entire room. Tiny 8'6" Kratos circled in red. That is a massive amount of space. The area the blades take up would probably be 1% or less.

The QTE involves Hermes using his speed to suddenly change direction and then do a flip and try to kick you. Which Kratos intercepts.

Your description makes absolutely no sense here anywhere. What does Kratos' distance relative to Hermes have to do with anything? Does Kratos have some temporal dampener ability that makes Hermes slower the closer Kratos gets? Does Hermes' leg muscles only move fast when Hermes' is running? Of course not. Hermes' speed is innate to him. He doesn't have to go through a series of mental limiter unchecks while he's gradually building up speed before he reaches his max. He just reaches his top speed as quickly (relative to him) as a sprinter does. Explosively.

Completely normal is him being able to outrun Kratos, yet never being too fast for Kratos to keep track of and being a blur while he moves. He was still showing every bit of that in the start of the fight. While catching his breath now again. Read what I posted above. Tired is relative.

And he never had a boulder dropped on him anyway. And regardless, he showed the speed to be able to dodge a burst of pure light when he was serious, while tired, and this was explicitly stated in a conversation I had with Steve Caterson (the producer) to be a deliberate showing of his speed advantage over the other enemies since he's the only one that can do it.
So yeah, something like Poseidon being able to fly halfway down the several thousand mile tall Mt Olympus in a few (apparent) seconds and doing the opposite by scaling back up the same distance in his Hippocampi form, Hermes is faster than that.

How do we know the Helios' Solar Flare is lightspeed? Well Occam's Razor first of all, it is referred to as light in the game, and then Hyperion's light is acknowledged as being 'light speed' (Hyperion is Helios' father by the way) so that sets a concrete precedence, and also sunlight in God of War has a natural speed feat just like ours does, when the sun rises in the morning it stretches across a vast amount of land quickly and is bright enough and far enough reaching to dim out the stars in the sky too.

So yeah, you can bleat about the catapault as much as you want, but Hermes' ability to dodge the Solar Flare is a concrete speed feat as per a dev statement, and since its a higher one and later one, (and is meant to be superior to any other speed feat in God of War 3, which includes Poseidon's massively hypersonic one), it trumps it and takes precedence.

laughing out loud

Teleportation. Really?

Like Zeus, who can teleport and create 7 extra dopplegangers of himself, or Castor and Pollux who can stop and slow down time along with teleporting were able to do to him? Castor and Pollux tried to teleport blitz Kratos from all angles in the last QTE of the fight, Kratos reacted easily, as if he knew every angle that Castor was coming from.

As for Peak human speed, what's the concensus on that? 60 mph or so right? Kratos made falling pillars that would be falling at around that speed look completely frozen in mid-air relative to him for a few brief moments. So debunked.

There's no particular part I'm talking about. Castor and Pollux could do all that and attempted to across the entire fight.

They also put Kratos in a time stop. Not just a time slow of unknown increment, a time stop. The dev who designed that entire boss fight confirmed that Kratos was able to resist a time stop because of his natural speed.

You are fairly stupid though, as you've shown throughout the years.
So somehow Castor coming forward in his face negates it as a reaction feat. Which I don't understand how it makes sense, as you can be that careless to someone who's supposed to be a statue to you speed wise (afterall, he did try to stop him in time). Unfortunately for Castor, Kratos was still fast enough to move even during a time stop.

Outdated knowledge. Kratos already has 3 word of dev statements on being able to lightning time, one of them using his deflection of Zeus' bolts in game as reasoning. One of them acknowleding the CG lightning timing feat in the God of War 2 commercial as a valid feat, and the newest one (which I've not posted anywhere yet) of a dev saying Zeus' thunder bolt's speed from the novel can be assumed as valid due to Ares doing something similar with the pillar toss from Athens to Pandora's temple--subsequently I asked him if it meant that Kratos' reflexes are then appropriately fast for being able to deflect Zeus' bolts with the fleece and he answered in the affirmative by acknowledging his demi-god status as a reason for his fast reflexes.

Zeus' lightning speed was never debunked at any point. Flawed logic such as them being slow enough to see in the game when they are moving short distances (of ****ing course they do, the audience has to be able to see them in the first place.) was what was attempted to pass. That's a part of a speed fallacy as listed in the OBD wiki somewhere. Our perceptions don't matter. Speed is relative in fiction. That and the book was attempted to be discredited but it was always secondary canon, the author said he believed the book to be canon as he was not allowed to contradict anything without specific allowance, and he had aid from Marianne Krawczyk and Cory Barlog along the way, both of whom who are/were writers for the games too. Not to mention we now have a dev statement on that specific scene in the book as allowable for Zeus and another from another dev on the books being part of the canon as far as he knows.

As for the scaling, Mt. Olympus has a statement in one of the official guides that means it would come out to be several thousands of miles tall. (Also confirmed by a dev that it can be taken at face value). Also further backed up by Mount Olympus being so high up that Kratos can descend from it and fall vertically and still cross the entire length of the Aegean Sea (iirc its over 200 miles long) by landing in Rhodes. That means Zeus mach 4000 toss becomes several times higher (maybe 10x). Zeus also has murals in God of War 1 showing him tossing bolts from the top of Olympus down to cities and armies below. Zeus was fast enough to cross the entire Aegean Sea, up to a pillar of Mount Olympus (the summit of sacrifice is confirmed to have been at the top of Olympus by the end of Gow2) all in a few apparent second. Ares did similar when in a few apparent seconds he descended from Mt Olympus all the way down to some unknown Eastern Country where the barbarians lived.

CosmicComet
Kratos is much faster than peak human and reacts to thinks unbelievably faster than that. That's said and done.

Speed is relative to your perceptions. This is what I was referring to as you apparently not understanding.

Were you expecting Zeus to move to China? He has no need to. If he couldn't control the speed then yes he would possibly go that far before being able to come to a stop. But again, invariably proportional reflexes comes with superspeed in fiction.

That means the 1/8 of a second or so that it would take a lightspeeder to get from one end of the globe to the next, would feel like an extremely long time to him. Afterall, his reflexes are equal to his speed, so 1/8 of a second feels just as long to him as it would for us to run the same distance (assuming running on water was not an issue).

It doesn't have to look fast to be fast. Point being, it doesn't ****ing matter if they only moved 10 meters around, you can move 10 meters while in lightspeed. If your reflexes are equivalent to your speed, it would feel no different than any normal person moving 10 meters.

There's no outlier, as there's no contradictory info. That's the first concrete statement of speed we have for God of War, but the Gods have always been shown as fast, since the very first game to be sure. Seeing as Ares threw a pillar at the very least at hypersonic speeds and was able to perceive it the whole way through while it reached its target. And also, as said before he was able to descend from Olympus all the way to some eastern country in just a few seconds. In the end, apparent time is often not equivalent to fictional time, because, again, speed is relative in fiction, so its just fine.

Total Broadband
The game does it for me, every being in the game, from Titan to God travel quite clearly at around peak human speed (comparative to size), check this out at the beginning of GoW 3 with titans and gods fighting slowly about the mountain. If anyone, including hermes or posiedon could move at lightspeed like their little minion apparently can literally do according to you (not proven) why do they amble around mount Olympus if they can instantly flash across the planet?

The other easy way to check this, does said character who you've yet shown create nuclear fusion or some great expansion of energy? Because anything of mass going at light speed supposedly creates vast amounts of energy, VAST amounts.

Can you prove this because it looked like that's what happened to me. Unless your telling me this thing "leeched" his stamina and made him tired somehow, enough so to slow him down my point remains, this is not Hermes at his peak.

Comparatively your using a high feet.

Can you show me this blast of light? I don't recall this.

Its called momentum, you can generally build higher speed over a period of time, few people or vehicles go from a standing position to their maximum threshold do they? The same is here, Hermes has hardly any running room here and is tired, hes exactly where Kratos wants him.

Dozens of things in gaming are refered to as "light" though, light orbs, light beams etc, whether in science fiction or fantasy "light" is a word often used but their not always as fast as actual "light" waves/emissions. It don't really care if its lightspeed or not (Helios' beam) but more importantly is how the event of Hermes "avoiding it" took place? Ive yet to see this as I said above, I don't recall. I only recall Hermes getting ever more tired from an already weakened state, the catapult outdoing his capability to avoid it is concrete and needs no calcs or guesses since a catapult shot is something we can all grasp bu lightspeed beings, not so much and is based purely on calcs and claims.

You think the fact a couple of choreographed moves counters Dracula in this vs? You do realise both of those characters from a canon perspective had few cutscenes showing them even trying to dominate Kratos with teleportation? and more importantly, were stuck in tiny arenas like most GoW games, not once did they try to get a range advantage and if they did, as per usual in GoW Kratos had a convenient way of trouncing them. Unless KMC has changed since I was last here, characters in a VS don't gain stupidity equel to the gameplay mechanics of the bosses in their fights, if you think Dracula would just stand there or teleport in the same area over and over again like a GoW boss your being quite bias.

As for speed, that's not really base movement speed is it, he was using grapels as Bloodrain evaluated in the respect thread. Even then, we have a max of supersonic+ at best. This batlefields not been fleshed out so you cant claim theres bound to be something for Kratos to reach for to pull himself around on.

Again I cite the respect thread, BR calced the time dilation pretty low if I recall. Ill wait till you post more solid stuff on the time "stop" though but my point remains, moving slowly to stop someone from getting straight up into your face like Kratos did to Pollux.

He just holds up his fleece to tank a really obvious strike, most of Zeus' moves are horribly choreographed..

Not seen it...so I cant accept the evidence if its not here can I?

lol, answered in the "affirmative"? He didn't directly say Kratos lightning timed though did he? Sounds like your grasping at straws again...of course he has "godly reflexes", hes a god. Its a shame that does not mean much in GoW since their Gods are of fairly low tier as fiction goes.

The game is the medium in which we see God of war, if we see a bolt of energy or "lightning" move a few meters a minute, then we know its slow as hell. Simple as unless you have a more official source stating that bolt canonically did move quickly at Kratos beyond limp wristed scaling from other sources you've reached for.

Play through God of War 1, 2 ,3 etc, theres a huge amount of battles that would have finished in an instant, journeys that would have been trivial etc had anyone been able to move beyond supersonic.

Why in the hell do you think the Gods made special gates to travel across distance if they could flash around like you belive? All that info countered by the fact one character ability descripton says "lightspeed" on It in one game? lol, you cited occams razor before and ill stop you from slicing your neck with it now by pointing out how assuming (no evidence) that quote on that ability is literal (lightspeed as modern science defines it) is somehow beyond everything else in the games canon so far...

If you want to get so specific, a long list of things can make speed clear. If were to assume what we see is all relative then we can still deduce distance for one, we know Zeus moves across the arenas in seconds, we know they wield stone collums, another thing to denote speed because we know a stone collumb cannot be wielded at the speed of light, infact as I said above, the force of a being walking on ground at lightspeed would blow the whole arena to piecies like a meteor had just impacted or worse for every step, didn't happen. You can "bleat" all you like about relatives in fiction, you can counter yourself at the same time by saying well maybe if its fiction assuming "light is light hur hur!" is also wrong as I said above and we don't really know until the devs directly say Zeus runs at millions of meters per second.

TH3_V01D
Going by lords of shadows 2 Gabriel leveled an entire country by his own power

Demonic Phoenix
If you're referring to the Great Explosion, not really.

a) The Paladin was chanting along with Dracula for most of the incantation.

b) Dracula specifically stated that it was the power of God.

Total Broadband
He does not need to level a country, Ive not played LoS 2 but from the trailers he can summon a huge tendril of darkness that if I recall smashed a large iron robot to the ground, or a giant beast, cant remember which.

That should be enough to put Kratos out of his misery and more importantly, is a ranged attack that Drac could potentially do after teleporting well out of Kratos' short reach. Game, set and match and not even Cosmic Comets version of Kratos could do anything about it unless he belives Kratos can "run" at lightspeed as well.....and wipe out the God of War universe whiles he at it by accident! haermm

Demonic Phoenix
Cool story bro.

Total Broadband
I know right, I mean I could have just said Dracula tears Kratos' arms and legs off and drains him dry while the God of War squeels like a piglet but that would have been boring...

And Bro? were not related silly.....I hope..

Wei Phoenix
Bro has more than one meaning, it's commonly used as a synonym for friend, buddy, guy, dude etc. I don't think he was calling you his brother by blood and family. Disregard this if your comment was made mainly to be a jab at him.

Total Broadband
Aye it was a jab, still though, where does this synonym even come from? "bro"? Is it too difficult to call someone buddy, guy, dude or friend?

And what is your profile pic of, a Kirby pancake? It displeases and pleases me equally for different reasons.

Wei Phoenix
Aye it was a jab, still though, where does this synonym even come from? "bro"? Is it too difficult to call someone buddy, guy, dude or friend?

And what is your profile pic of, a Kirby pancake? It displeases and pleases me equally for different reasons.

Kirby from that Epic Yarn game.

themadsurfer
I won't get into too many specific as far as calc numbers as I am now trying to speed compile my respect thread before I'm gone from here. (RL at last will take over) but here goes:

The lightning Kratos dodges is much faster. If Gabriel's lightning dodging is of typical speed, he's dodging something like mach 100-300.

Zeus' lightning is fast enough to go from Mt. Olympus to Egypt in a second or less. Making it at least mach 4000ish. That's if you use real world distances though. In God of War, Mount Olympus is several thousands of miles tall (via a statement in one of guides on how long it takes a man to fall from the top, as well as some other stuff from the games). So it actually comes out to several times higher than mach 4000. A dev confirmed the height statement to be valid as well as saying Zeus' lightning toss in the book is correct since Ares did something similar by throwing that pillar from athens to pandora's temple.

-Kratos in God of War Ascension moved fast enough for falling pillars that fell from at least a hundred feet above him, to move so slow as to be literally frozen for brief moments of time. (Overall they were falling in slow motion, but each time Kratos targeted, & moved from one falling pillar to the next, they were legit frozen in mid-air).

-Soon after that, Kratos fought Castor and Pollux, who used a time stop against Kratos. Kratos was able to resist it because of his speed. This was confirmed by the dev who designed the whole boss fight. (He also designed the aforementioned chase sequence where Kratos moved fast enough for those falling pillars to look temporarily frozen and acknowledged that as a speed showing).

-Kratos fought and readily reacted to Hermes, who in short bursts at least is faster than light. He's the only enemy in the game that can outright dodge the Helios solar flare move. One of the main producers confirmed that was put in to show Hermes' speed over everyone else.

-Warriors of Zeus in God of War Ascension have a special dash move that is literally described as letting them move at light speed upon the enemy. This means Zeus himself is at least as fast. And all of the warriors in the multiplayer are confirmed in a dev video to be intended as lesser than Kratos. So Kratos with Hermes' boots can definitely be scaled from that.

I think you can do a lot of arguments that Kratos is stronger (and yes he is), but he isn't that fast as you are saying nor would the guy who made the game would think of him as someone with nanosecond reaction speed. I played all his games and not even for a second I had the feeling that he moves faster than 5k.
Although I think Hermes was very fast, he is at maximum supersonic and Kratos still defeated him.
I played LoS2 and I think he can dodge things faster than Kratos but it's not like Kratos wouldn't hit him. I think Dracula is outmatched in terms of strength and weapons but Dracula definitely seems to be more lithe and has a greater varieties of powers.

StealthRanger
>moving across a mountain range and well over the horizon to fill some glasses
>supersonic

:ryoma

dika123
kratos FTW

RealityWarper
Kratos stomps !

https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterRant/comments/75s8wz/no_castlevania_characters_are_not_ftl_universe/

And all the other Belmont's best feats?

Leon Belmont: Jumping a couple dozen meters into the air

Trevor Belmont: Whipping some small body parts off of people and dodging some arrows

Christopher Belmont: Destroying some metal spires with repeated strikes

Simon Belmont: Breaking some chunks of ice and running across a collapsing bridge

Juste Belmont: Breaking apart a statue a bit larger than his own body and jumping with enough force to break through a roof

Richter Belmont: Taking hits from a werewolf strong enough to break a pillar he was standing on by jumping

None of these characters have any feats exceeding busting apart an average living room, much less feats suggesting they can fight on part with universals. And every single one of these can tank hits from Dracula and kill him in turn. And yet despite all this "Dracula might be universal actually" is a real phrase that real people actually say.

NewGuy01
Those aren't even characters from the Lords of Shadow continuity, lmao. They literally fought a completely different Dracula.

Jmanghan
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Kratos rips him in half.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.