Batman: Arkham Knight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
The last Arkham game we'll ever get

wsf78BS9VE0

Digi
Well hell, the trailer was badass. I took a break from the series, skipping Origins. I hope they do enough to entice me back into it though.

Estacado
How dare you skip Origins???uhuh

Digi
Originally posted by Estacado
How dare you skip Origins???uhuh

I'll read the Wiki synopsis soon. Same thing.

biscuits

Stealth Moose
I forgot all about Origins.

Also, nice avatar, Estacado.

Estacado
Originally posted by Digi
I'll read the Wiki synopsis soon. Same thing.

biscuits
Origins was great imo you should try it.
Originally posted by Stealth Moose

Also, nice avatar, Estacado.
Thanks.smile

steverules_2
I like that we get to drive the batmobile...bout f*ckin' time biscuits

BlackZero30x
I read that the main story is possibly going to have something to do with Knight Fall. I know that Rocksteady had been working on this game for a long time and thats why they didn't have anything to do with Origins. Although, did anyone notice how big a role Bane had in Origins? Maybe that was the plan all along. Let another studio put out a game that places Bane in a spot light while Rocksteady works on a game that specifically stars him.

I can't wait to find out more!

EDIT: This is a Next Gen and PC only game.

steverules_2
I know, it sucks cause now I gotta guy a PS4 and that's cheap right now

BlackZero30x
I think its a stupid move to excluded the previous Gen especially since lots of people aren't able to afford them. I was able to sell my PS3 and 360 with a ton of extra games and accessories around Christmas to afford my Xbone...so im set. stick out tongue

steverules_2
...I've never hated you more than I do now uhuh

Guess I'll just have to save up, I think it'll be a while till this one...maybe October/November time at least

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by steverules_2
...I've never hated you more than I do now uhuh

Guess I'll just have to save up, I think it'll be a while till this one...maybe October/November time at least

Yes give in to the hate!

According to a recent post I read, the release date will be October 14th. I can't vouch for the validity of that date but we shall see. Makes sense though. All the previous games were released between Sept-Nov.

Arachnid1
This looks badass. Looking forward to getting Conroy back!

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111114841/3677312-1689617870-batma.gif

Originally posted by Stealth Moose

Also, nice avatar, Estacado. Nice new avatar on you too BTW

BackFire
Origins was good, but not on par with the other games, I felt. Lacked the atmosphere of the first two, and just felt a lot more bland, to me. Quality narrative, though.

I can't wait for this one.

Smasandian
I agree with Backfire. Origins wasn't as tight as the previous games. Something was off about it.

I am looking forward to this one though. Next gen and done by Rocksteady...sign me up!

Ridley_Prime
Covers for the game. I'll be getting it on PS4 of course.

http://abload.de/img/235793_ps4_aa0rb0.png http://abload.de/img/234531_pcw_asmofs.png

http://abload.de/img/235449_xb1_ajaptq.png

So Harley's the pre-order character this time? Meeeh! Will probably give her a try, but doubt I'll enjoy using her as much as Slade. ermm

And yeah, seems sweet that you'll be able to use the batmobile. Cool concepts of it so far.

http://i.imgur.com/cqPAmvs.jpg

Just hope you can still use the batwing as a fast travel accessory. If not, oh well.

Glad I'll be having something Batman to look forward to this year too, but seeing as how Origins just came out last year... I hope this doesn't become a trend with yearly releases like Assassin's Creed and the like.

steverules_2
It's the last Arkham game so no yearly releases for Batman, and considering this is a sequel to Arkham city then Conroy should definitely be back. It'll be weird not having Joker in this one though.

Ridley_Prime
Where did you get that this would be the last Arkham game? huh Somehow I doubt that. They might say that now, but then later some other team might make a game that's after Origins but before Asylum or something, to milk the successful franchise.

If it is Conroy, I'll be glad to have him back too, though Bat's Origins voice grew on me as well. And you never know with the Joker; not everyone thought he would've been in Origins at first and that Black Mask being the main villain was just a front.

steverules_2
Well I guess it said the final arkham game developed by Rocksteady, I was under the impression this'd be the last one but I guess another studio could take it up like with origins

And yeah Conroy is back for this one. Since this is a sequel to Arkham city then Jokers dead...but they could resurrect him some how I guess

BlackZero30x
I hope they keep things like the new dective vision but drop that stupid mutiplayer entirely. The rocksteady franchise Has been entirely single player and I don't want them to mess that up.

Impediment
Origins wasn't that bad, I think. It just didn't offer anything new to the franchise like City did.

As for Knight, it looks deliciously good. I just hope that Kevin Conroy is returning, and that Joker stays dead. Troy Baker did amazing as Joker in Origins, but he's no Mark Hamill.

Dear god. If Hamill agreed to come back, I wouldn't care if Joker was a damn zombie!

steverules_2
I'm looking forward to driving the batmobile and using the gadgets it comes a long with

I enjoyed origins, funny thing is once again Joker always ends up being the last villain...well okay city was clayface but Joker was there

Darth Martin
Conroy is back for this game. Looks like they went with Ben Affleck as the template.

Now I have to buy a PS4.

Digi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Conroy is back for this game. Looks like they went with Ben Affleck as the template.

Now I have to buy a PS4.

There's the rub, at least for me. I was holding off on a next gen console, but I don't think I could stomach this on the PC.

steverules_2
Yup PS4 for Steve when this bad boy comes out, they'll probably do a package deal with it or something hopefully

-Pr-
Originally posted by Digi
There's the rub, at least for me. I was holding off on a next gen console, but I don't think I could stomach this on the PC.

Why? Both Asylum and City ran incredibly well on PC for the most part.

steverules_2
In my case my computer doesn't run games all that well but then I've always been more into my console games than PC

Kazenji
I've got the same problem with my PC, I need to update my one if i wish to play alot of the newer games.

BlackZero30x
In my case my computer doesn't run games all that well but then I've always been more into my console games than PC

The one im using can play games but its slow because its not been updated and I prefer not to.

steverules_2
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
The one im using can play games but its slow because its not been updated and I prefer not to.

Like I said...PS4 for Steve

BlackZero30x
Like I said...PS4 for Steve

Xbone for me. Always knew we were rivals.

Wei Phoenix
I hope we get different skins for the Batmobile, never been a fan of the Tankmobile.

steverules_2
Xbone for me. Always knew we were rivals.

...apart from when it comes to the raptor yeah

BlackZero30x
...apart from when it comes to the raptor yeah

thumb up Yes a necessary team up to take down a far greater problem.

steverules_2
Exactly, like in Batman arkham city when you fight a long side Bane in a side mission

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I hope we get different skins for the Batmobile, never been a fan of the Tankmobile. That's a pretty cool idea I never thought of.

Nemesis X
Finally! Batmobile! I hope the game doesn't focus so much on it though and hinder exploring the city on foot should I want to.

Utrigita
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/03/05/revealing-the-story-of-batman-arkham-knight.aspx#.UxlKht3u6cM.facebook

So Paul Dini is sitting this one out, not sure I like that ... at all.

Nemesis X
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/heatvision/animated%20gifs/ohno.gif

First Amy Hennig leaves Uncharted, now this?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Utrigita
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/03/05/revealing-the-story-of-batman-arkham-knight.aspx#.UxlKht3u6cM.facebook

There are plenty of other Batman writers out there.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Nemesis X
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg102/heatvision/animated%20gifs/ohno.gif

First Amy Hennig leaves Uncharted, now this?

I'm glad she left, tbh. She did some good work, but I didn't really agree with a lot of her decisions in the third game.

it's a worry, but I hope they'll get someone decent.

The people that worked on Origins, for example, were a lot better than I'd expected. Though I would prefer to have an actual Batman writer on-board, personally.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Kazenji
There are plenty of other Batman writers out there.

Yeah I know, I just really like the way Paul writes.

steverules_2
Arkham Asylum and Arkhum City were great games with great stories, I could play them multiple times and never get bored

-Pr-
I thought Origins had a pretty good story too, personally. The places where that game fell short were in mechanics and bugs, imo, not in the story itself.

Impediment
Origins brought nothing new to the table, game play wise, but I agree that the story was well done.

The crime scene detective game rewind play was kinda fun and new, but it wasn't anything ground breaking.

The highlight of Origins, to me, was Joker and his scenes, especially when talking to Harley at the asylum.

Estacado
^
Bane>>>Joker.

Smasandian
Yeah, the story was well done.

As for the detective, it was nifty to see but there wasn't any interaction. I want a true detective mode where you have to figure out yourself. Condemned 2: Bloodshot had a detective mode that was kind of nifty. You have to survey the scene and answer questions. For example, the person you were talking to would ask "who is it", and then you had to look to find identification. It was cool. I want something like that.

Ridley_Prime
^
Bane>>>Joker.
This.

Too bad the one in Origins is the closest we'll ever get to the real Bane in the Arkham games though, as I'm sure we'll see retard Bane again in Arkham Knight.

Estacado
thumb up
Joker didnt do crap in Origins besides getting beaten to a pulp....Bane was the one who whooped Bruce's ass on the roof then he lured him into his base just to let Bruce know he found out who he really is.Then he goes to his home phucks up the batcave kills Alfred and breaks Batman's spirit.Bane is the best Bat villain ever.

I wonder who will be the main villain now since Joker is dead and Bane is a retard.....

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
This.

Too bad the one in Origins is the closest we'll ever get to the real Bane in the Arkham games though, as I'm sure we'll see retard Bane again in Arkham Knight.

erm.....

Only reason he was "retard" Bane is because of them experimenting on him to create the Titan formula.

Darth Martin
Bane was cool but the backstory they did with Joker involving the "Red Hood" storyline and Harley Quinn easily was more impressive than anything Bane did in the game.

-Pr-
Eh, Bane was all right, but I honestly feel like Joker was the main "star villain" of the series so far.

With Hammill not returning though, it's going to be interesting to see who we get instead.

steverules_2
I heard scarecrow will be the main villain for this storyline...but then Black mask was the main villain for AO and look what happened there

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, the story was well done.

As for the detective, it was nifty to see but there wasn't any interaction. I want a true detective mode where you have to figure out yourself. Condemned 2: Bloodshot had a detective mode that was kind of nifty. You have to survey the scene and answer questions. For example, the person you were talking to would ask "who is it", and then you had to look to find identification. It was cool. I want something like that.

I think instead of finding an I.D. It would be cool to have to find finger prints then maybe play some kind of mini game to identify who they belong to.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by -Pr-
Eh, Bane was all right, but I honestly feel like Joker was the main "star villain" of the series so far.

With Hammill not returning though, it's going to be interesting to see who we get instead. Ya, joker was definitely the main villain. Bane was cool in origins though. That was a great take on the character.

steverules_2
If Joker in Arkham Knight then Troy Baker would return I reckon, his Joker voice was spot on similar to Mark Hammills Joker voice

Arachnid1
If Joker in Arkham Knight then Troy Baker would return I reckon, his Joker voice was spot on similar to Mark Hammills Joker voice I personally hope he's not, as much as I loved him in previous games. Give this to a different villain. Joker staying dead will make it feel like anything could happen. I actually have a theory that the game will end with Bats getting killed.

Then again, it is an open world game, which means there will be a lot of objectives to complete after the game is over. Maybe he'll survive.

Impediment
Two words concerning the Joker: Lazarus Pits.

I'm feeling pretty excited about Scarecrow as the main villain. The fear "levels" in Asylum were so cool and fun to play.

KCJ506
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I personally hope he's not, as much as I loved him in previous games. Give this to a different villain. Joker staying dead will make it feel like anything could happen. I actually have a theory that the game will end with Bats getting killed.

I agree. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Joker as a flashback or hallucination, but I really hope he doesn't actually return.(at least for now) He's become quite overused and it's leading people to believe that no one else can fittingly serve as the main antagonist. There are extremely capable villains in the Batman universe besides Joker. They are simply not given the spotlight and thus aren't being utilized to their full potential.

I'm still a bit annoyed that Origins advertised Black Mask as the main antagonist, but then Joker took over and after that, Black Mask was put aside, and became part of side-quest, rather than a main quest. The game even originally made it seem Deathstroke would have had a big role.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I personally hope he's not, as much as I loved him in previous games. Give this to a different villain. Joker staying dead will make it feel like anything could happen. I actually have a theory that the game will end with Bats getting killed.

Then again, it is an open world game, which means there will be a lot of objectives to complete after the game is over. Maybe he'll survive.

I hope they don't kill batman, it would serve no purpose to the story and I hate to play a game, complete all the stuff I have to complete just to get to an ending where the person I've been playing as dies

BlackZero30x
I hope they don't kill batman, it would serve no purpose to the story and I hate to play a game, complete all the stuff I have to complete just to get to an ending where the person I've been playing as dies

@Arachnid: As much as I hate to admit it...I agree with Steve. I would be Pi$$ed if that happened. If they killed the Batman, no matter how great the story surrounding it is, I would hate it. Killing Batman would ruin it for me after all the time and money I have invested into the series. Especially If they tried to carry it on with Dick taking over. I would be even madder. In the comics when they "killed" Bruce I was upset but when they made Dick the new Batman I was angry. Which I bring up because this franchise is a big ball of money and I feel like even if Batman dies they would try to continue.

Kazenji
Anybody come across people complaining about why this isn't getting released on last gen, Since its suppose to be the final game in the Arkham games

obviously some people forgot about God Of War.

Ridley_Prime
Have yet to come across those kind of people on the game, and don't really care either, just as I didn't care when some complained that Arkham Origins wasn't on next/current gen consoles.

And it goes without saying, but I agree with BlackZero on if they were to kill Batman/Bruce in the end. Would be kinda pissed too, and certainly don't want a repeat performance of Dick taking up the mantle or anything like that.

BlackZero30x
Anybody come across people complaining about why this isn't getting released on last gen, Since its suppose to be the final game in the Arkham games

obviously some people forgot about God Of War.

I have. I can see their side of things but at the same time im kinda happy about it. It will give Rocksteady a chance to breath new life into the game.

Have yet to come across those kind of people on the game, and don't really care either, just as I didn't care when some complained that Arkham Origins wasn't on next/current gen consoles.

And it goes without saying, but I agree with BlackZero on if they were to kill Batman/Bruce in the end. Would be kinda pissed too, and certainly don't want a repeat performance of Dick taking up the mantle or anything like that.

You just can't help but agree with me! lol

steverules_2
You're both agreeing with me technically 131

And I dunno that this is the last Arkham game, it's the last one for Rocksteady but another company might take it up much like Warner Bros. Games Montréal with origins

Smasandian
I hope this is the last Arkham game. I would like Rocksteady to do something different with the subject matter, or something new and original. They are talented developers and I would like to see something new from them.

Kazenji
I remember a TMNT game got mentioned a while back, Maybe do that when this one is finished.

BlackZero30x
I would like to see another Superhero game. They have shown they can deliver on that.

TMNT would be sweet also.

steverules_2
Be good if they could do a good superman game

Kazenji
He's in need of one

hang on...he already has one, Its called LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes.

steverules_2
I mean like his own game, with him in the title, that wasn't really his game it was batman's game but he was a playable character and they managed to make him really good in it

BlackZero30x
Be good if they could do a good superman game

I agree. As a matter of fact maybe DC should approach Rocksteady and ask them to take on the task of making games like the arkhams for each character. lol

steverules_2
There was a good trailer for a superman game a while back but it got cancelled, can't remember if the company making it got closed down or it just got cancelled

Ridley_Prime
There was a good trailer for a superman game a while back but it got cancelled, can't remember if the company making it got closed down or it just got cancelled
If you mean this, then it was due to the company getting closed down.

VKvjKcDSswA

Even to this day it looked like it had potential.

As for other heroes, I'd want a Green Arrow game myself, whether it's Arkham esque or if it's about surviving on a dangerous island like half the plot of the Arrow TV series revolves around.

steverules_2
That's the one, it did look like it had potential, it's too bad the company went bust

BlackZero30x

As for other heroes, I'd want a Green Arrow game myself, whether it's Arkham esque or if it's about surviving on a dangerous island like half the plot of the Arrow TV series revolves around.

That would be sweet!

steverules_2
I'd play, putting arrows in people big grin

Kazenji

So something like the recent Tomb Raider game?....sounds good.

Kazenji
Got the latest Gameinformer with the Arkham Knight stuff

they say (Rocksteady) won't be doing multiplayer, They're focusing on the single player and won't have time to do anything multiplayer related.

Impediment
Yep.

RedX1852
i think Harley is a weak Pre-Order Bargain

-Pr-
Still need to see the collector's edition, of which i'm sure there'll be one.

Utrigita
They're focusing on the single player and won't have time to do anything multiplayer related.

Never understood why they introduced multiplayer in the first place.

BloodRain
Creating an origional DC character. Impressive. First thought was 'anti-Bats spawned in the Asylum'.

Impediment
The multiplayer on Origins was f*cking horrible. Focus on single player campaign, indeed.

Ridley_Prime
I'm fine without it too, but the multiplayer was actually fun and fairly balanced in its own right (just needed better servers). If it didn't have some of the trophies/achievements that it did, I doubt it would've been criticized as much as it was.

Kazenji
The multiplayer for Origins is fairly good, Might have been shit when the game first came out but they've fixed it up

still get the occasional server problems but apart from that its playable.

Wei Phoenix
@Arachnid: As much as I hate to admit it...I agree with Steve. I would be Pi$$ed if that happened. If they killed the Batman, no matter how great the story surrounding it is, I would hate it. Killing Batman would ruin it for me after all the time and money I have invested into the series. Especially If they tried to carry it on with Dick taking over. I would be even madder. In the comics when they "killed" Bruce I was upset but when they made Dick the new Batman I was angry. Which I bring up because this franchise is a big ball of money and I feel like even if Batman dies they would try to continue.

Why were you against Dick becoming Nightwing in the comics?

steverules_2
Why were you against Dick becoming Nightwing in the comics?

Don't you mean becoming Batman? confused

KCJ506
I honestly wish they didn't put a multiplayer mode in Origins and focused more on single player. It would have given them more time to sort out the glitches. And probably even given us a longer story. Each assassin should have had their own segment like Firefly did. Deadshot and Shiva shouldn't had been side missions and Deathstroke should have had a bigger role like the trailers made it seem.

Ridley_Prime
Deadshot was a side mission in Arkham City too and didn't see anyone complain about that (even then, he was still better executed than in AC I felt, in addition to the improved design). Agree on Shiva however, but some of the hired assassins were bound to get more attention than others, though Slade still got some alright treatment with that said (in addition to being playable in challenge mode), as did Bane especially. Copperhead had her own segment too, but Black Mask ultimately got shafted more than any of the assassins. I'm not sure that much would've changed with the single player though (bugs aside) if they hadn't included the multiplayer.

KCJ506
Deadshot was a side mission in Arkham City too and didn't see anyone complain about that (even then, he was still better executed than in AC I felt, in addition to the improved design). Agree on Shiva however, but some of the hired assassins were bound to get more attention than others, though Slade still got some alright treatment with that said (in addition to being playable in challenge mode), as did Bane especially. Copperhead had her own segment too, but Black Mask ultimately got shafted more than any of the assassins. I'm not sure that much would've changed with the single player though (bugs aside) if they hadn't included the multiplayer.

Deadshot's role in Arkham City wasn't really the same. The main plot of Origins was "Black Mask" hiring 8 assassins to take out Batman. So Deadshot being one of the 8, should had been part of the main story and not a side mission.

And the issue regarding Slade is the trailers made it seem like he would be this awesome recurring villain that we have to get better and better to eventually take him down whilst trying to also combat Slade's uber-smart brain and fighting style. Nope. Only one boss fight(which is early in the game) and Batman absolutely curbstomps him and isn't even winded walking away from it. Like, he barely breaks a stride or has to take a breath after KO'ing him. That's not badass, that's just straight out illogical.

Smasandian
Deadshot in Origins was weak. The entire Assassin story angle wasn't a big as it could of been.

Also, I didn't finish the Deadshot mission in Origins. I despised how enemies would keep on reappearing. One of my pet peeves in gaming.

I'm currently playing Arkham City again. It's better than I remembered. It's also a much better game than Origins. It has more character, atmosphere, less annoyances and the area is a perfect size.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by KCJ506
Deadshot's role in Arkham City wasn't really the same. The main plot of Origins was "Black Mask" hiring 8 assassins to take out Batman. So Deadshot being one of the 8, should had been part of the main story and not a side mission.

And the issue regarding Slade is the trailers made it seem like he would be this awesome recurring villain that we have to get better and better to eventually take him down whilst trying to also combat Slade's uber-smart brain and fighting style. Nope. Only one boss fight(which is early in the game) and Batman absolutely curbstomps him and isn't even winded walking away from it. Like, he barely breaks a stride or has to take a breath after KO'ing him. That's not badass, that's just straight out illogical.
Slade's boss encounter itself actually did most of what you described I felt, minus being a recurring villain in the game bit. I agree though that it was a bit too early in the game. As for Batman coming out unscathed after fighting Slade, I concur too that it's nonsensical especially as a Deathstroke fan, but it was kind of expected given a lot of the formidable adversaries/bosses in the Arkham series as a whole that Bats has just walked away from after beating without seeming to break a sweat. erm I liked how they at least gave the Suicide Squad cliffhanger for Mr. Wilson though, especially if that leads to another game with him (whether said game is Arkham Knight or not).

Deadshot in Origins was weak. The entire Assassin story angle wasn't a big as it could of been.

Also, I didn't finish the Deadshot mission in Origins. I despised how enemies would keep on reappearing. One of my pet peeves in gaming.

I'm currently playing Arkham City again. It's better than I remembered. It's also a much better game than Origins. It has more character, atmosphere, less annoyances and the area is a perfect size.
If Deadshot in Origins is weak, then that should speak volumes about his Arkham City self, whom you take out with just a simple grate takedown. lol And I blame the Joker for the whole assassins story not being as big as it could've been. Once the game story started focusing on him, the assassins thing just became an afterthought.

You won't be happy to know then that the Two-Face mission in Arkham City (as Catwoman) and Harley in City's story DLC also have reappearing enemies until you take out the main threat.

And yeah, City's better than Origins. It's not without its flaws too though.

Smasandian
Deadshot in Arkham City was a just a side mission. Nothing else.

In Origins, he was supposed to be part of the main story. I expect he would be a bigger deal than what happened.

I guess the issue with the reappearing enemies is that I took apart the room very quietly. I then attacked Deadshot and was beating him up. Two second after, I get shot in the back by bad guys I didn't know was in the room. I did this like three times when I realized they were reappearing through the door. It was dumb.

At least have a very small cutscene showing them entering instead of them shooting you in the back.

Kazenji
I noticed the reappearing enemies in that part too one time, Didn't really bother me as i didn't really need to deal with all the enemies just to get to Deadshot

also i'm pretty when he says "Hey! Come in! Anyone?" that's when more appear.

Smasandian
Well it was annoying to me and bad design in my opinion.

And I guess I didn't hear the warning. But then again, I was beating him up when they shot me in the back a few times.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, can understand it being frustrating the first few times if you're not aware. The reinforcements aren't that much a problem though if you just throw a smoke pellet around where you and Deadshot are, then do a beatdown on him again till the guys get closer or when the smoke starts clearing. Definitely forgivable compared to the Two-Face encounter in Arkham City where you had no such gadgets as Selina and guys kept reappearing without as much warning.

Wei Phoenix
Don't you mean becoming Batman? confused

Correct sir.

BlackZero30x
Why were you against Dick becoming Nightwing in the comics? Dick was his own man when he became Nightwing. He had made a decent name for himself and while he still had a relation to Batman he was a Hero of his own making. When he became Batman it was like taking a million steps backwards. They can spin it as him "being the only one worthy" but they ripped away his identity. If they ever want to replace Bruce the only proper way is to have robin take up the mantel. The sidekick taking up what they were trained for kinda thing. I mean one could argue that Dick was once Robin but thats not the same because he moved on and became a hero of his own.

Wei Phoenix
Dick was his own man when he became Nightwing. He had made a decent name for himself and while he still had a relation to Batman he was a Hero of his own making. When he became Batman it was like taking a million steps backwards. They can spin it as him "being the only one worthy" but they ripped away his identity. If they ever want to replace Bruce the only proper way is to have robin take up the mantel. The sidekick taking up what they were trained for kinda thing. I mean one could argue that Dick was once Robin but thats not the same because he moved on and became a hero of his own.

I never looked at it that way and you do make an excellent point.

Estacado
7q4U_QRcg84

-Pr-
Looks great, but lol @ "gameplay".

Smasandian
Yeah.

We all know its going to play like the rest of the Batman series. Not a bad thing though, just I cannot see them changing the gameplay mechanics that much.

But I hope Rocksteady adds some flavour to the game like they did with the first two. I thought Origins was too bland.

-Pr-
I liked Origins for what it was, but I expect more from Rocksteady, aye.

Zack Fair
They better change the walking animation. He looks so stiff.

Kazenji
Wasn't enough to go on from anyway in that trailer.

-Pr-
I just hope we get a living city in this game. As much as I love Asylum and City, they didn't feel as alive as I wanted them to. I want a GTA/Sleeping Dogs/Saints Row kind of city, where people are going about their business while I'm Batmanning all over the place.

Kazenji
What exactly would people be doing in Asylum if it had people, The place was suppose to be in lockdown.

-Pr-
What exactly would people be doing in Asylum if it had people, The place was suppose to be in lockdown.

...What?

I'm talking about making Arkham Knight like that, because he's supposed to be out in Gotham.

That said, sure, I would have been happier with seeing more captive doctors and goons than were in Arkham Asylum.

Smasandian
So unlike Origins, which was completely devoid of any life.

-Pr-
I thought Origins was around as lively as City was, tbh. It didn't feel at all progressive, but yeah.

I guess what I'm really saying is that I want to be Batman in Gotham City. Like in the shows and the movies and comics and so on and so forth.

oh, and an option to vertically drop at a 90 degree angle with cape extended. So like gliding, but not moving forwards.

Smasandian
But at least in City, having no citizens made a bit of sense considering it was a prison.

But Origins took place in a city (just like Arkham Knight) and it was dead. Not a car or citizen at all.

Basically, developers created an open world game using an engine that was not catered to be an open world game.

-Pr-
I was in two minds about that: One, I spent enough time indoors, and had the excuse of the whole snow-storm thing, to not be too bothered by it.

That said, they really could have had a few missions where you save civilians trapped in the snow or something. And yeah, speaking of snow, how awesome would it be to have a Batman game set at Christmas with people running around like Batman Returns?

Yeah, two minds lol

BloodRain
Anyone else siding with the theory that Knight is only a Scarecrow induced nightmare for Batman?

Estacado
Booyah!
7AykgIIWdPM

Smasandian
Pushed back to 2015!

Kazenji
Best to spend as much time on it as possible then to release it with bugs & glitches.

-Pr-
Booyah!
7AykgIIWdPM

Interesting.

Pushed back to 2015!

Dammit. sad

Utrigita
Originally posted by BloodRain
Anyone else siding with the theory that Knight is only a Scarecrow induced nightmare for Batman?

Oh yeah, in many ways the Knight portrays perfectly what Batman fears the most, losing control and some day becoming nothing more then the very criminals he is hunting.

BruceSkywalker
I hate that this game is delayed until early next year however the good thing is that they get out all the kinks so people can enjoy it because I know I will

-Pr-
Oh yeah, in many ways the Knight portrays perfectly what Batman fears the most, losing control and some day becoming nothing more then the very criminals he is hunting.

Especially given the buildup Scarecrow has had during the last few games too. Well, more in Asylum and City, but still, there's been a TON of foreshadowing.

Utrigita
Especially given the buildup Scarecrow has had during the last few games too. Well, more in Asylum and City, but still, there's been a TON of foreshadowing.

Yeah in Asylum we were given a prelude to what Scarecrow could do and in Arkham City it was shown he was breving up something. But yeah totally buying into the knight being a phantom of Batmans imagination smile

-Pr-
Yeah, that would be something.

I dunno if other people would like it, but I'd really like a couple of missions where you play as Bruce Wayne.

Say you're at a party, and someone has smuggled in a bomb or something. You could be casing the room, being a detective as you try to figure out who has it and to take them out before they do any harm.

More like an RPG with dialogue choices, maybe an appearance by Selina, or something.

Utrigita
I might not be into the RPG mostly because I think it would be misplaced in the series, however I would like you enjoy playing around with Bruce Wayne a bit, one of the funniest moments I had in Arkham City was the opening where you beat Penguin and his goons smile

-Pr-
If not RPG, just something that shows us the Bruce Wayne life as well as the Batman one, is all.

Ridley_Prime
The Mr. Freeze DLC in Origins did kind of a good job at that, but yeah. I see what ya mean.

-Pr-
Shit, I forgot about that. I haven't played it; how good is it?

Utrigita
If not RPG, just something that shows us the Bruce Wayne life as well as the Batman one, is all.

Totally agreed. There is really alot to explore about Bruce Wayne as well as Batman.

Estacado
Someone should post the gameplay vid...I would but Im using my mobile atm...

-Pr-
Boom.

aNvjuzdHnsI

Looks impressive as hell, but still want to see more about how "alive" the city is or isn't.

Estacado
Gonna get a ps4 for this.
I was shocked at how good the graphics look.

-Pr-
I'd be amazed if they look that good on a PS4, tbh. Though I trust Rocksteady, so maybe.

Demonic Phoenix
I see Bruce has been taking lessons on suit design from Tony.

Golgo13
This game looks sooo awesome. Gliding through the city like that is cool. Game of the Year?

Utrigita
Boom.

aNvjuzdHnsI

Looks impressive as hell, but still want to see more about how "alive" the city is or isn't.

With that driving around I doubt there will be any pedestrians. It isn't GTAV stick out tongue

Smasandian
If your going to have an open world game that's based in a city, you need to have civilians in it....

It would be a bit stupid to not have them......

-Pr-
With that driving around I doubt there will be any pedestrians. It isn't GTAV stick out tongue

laughing out loud

You just have to do it like... Shit, what was that game where you couldn't hit civilians... Driver?

If your going to have an open world game that's based in a city, you need to have civilians in it....

It would be a bit stupid to not have them......

Agreed. Even with the whole evacuation story, they should have civilians.

Smasandian
For AC, it made sense because it was a prison facility but that is not the case anymore....

-Pr-
For AC, it made sense because it was a prison facility but that is not the case anymore....

Aye. If this is a proper, full-sized Gotham City, then there needs to be everything that makes Gotham, Gotham.

Shit, I just want to relive scenes from the Burton movies. Is that too much to ask?

Utrigita
laughing out loud

You just have to do it like... Shit, what was that game where you couldn't hit civilians... Driver?

I'm with you both on that they should aim to implement civilians in some way, I'm just curious as to how they can accomplish that without it becoming a annoyance in the gameplay. Sure it can be fun to save civilians, but it can be just as frustrating having to restart a mission for the nth time because you kill a civilian.

I think they should focus on trying to let the amount of civilians fit the story, so in the beginning there is still civilians around, but as the game progress, the thugs becomes more armed, the Arkham Knight forces are moving out etc. the amount of civilians dwindle to a near zero.

I also don't like that our idea about the Arkham Knight was shot down before it even began sad

Unless ofcause it's all a hallucination induced by Scarecrow... that would be quite the twist ...

-Pr-
It could be Wayne-tech gone haywire, and the oracle voice could be a hallucination.

Smasandian
I agree that it would be neat that civilians slowly move indoors once it gets tough...but they still need something.

I'm playing Max Payne 3 and the level in the slums is a good example. They don't have civilians running beside you while your shooting but you see glimpses of them in their shacks and etc. Feels like the area is lived in.

Demonic Phoenix
laughing out loud

Screw that. Everyone and their mother enjoys running down civilians in an open world game with driving, and watching said civilians fly about.

Seriously though, watching every single civilian evade a speeding car is ridiculous.
But even then, if they want to make civilians unkillable, I wonder how they'll account for the Batmobile's weapons in assault mode, without resorting to the usual NPC invincibility.

-Pr-
I agree that it would be neat that civilians slowly move indoors once it gets tough...but they still need something.

I'm playing Max Payne 3 and the level in the slums is a good example. They don't have civilians running beside you while your shooting but you see glimpses of them in their shacks and etc. Feels like the area is lived in.

I'd be fine with that as a compromise, tbh.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Screw that. Everyone and their mother enjoys running down civilians in an open world game with driving, and watching said civilians fly about.

Seriously though, watching every single civilian evade a speeding car is ridiculous.
But even then, if they want to make civilians unkillable, I wonder how they'll account for the Batmobile's weapons in assault mode, without resorting to the usual NPC invincibility.

I have no interest in running anyone over as Batman; I just want Gotham to feel as "alive" as possible.

Utrigita
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAdFE1qFrR4

shifty

Kazenji
Never used guns....

he did use them originally.

-Pr-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAdFE1qFrR4

shifty

laughing out loud

Kazenji
People seem to think that Arkham Knight is Jason Todd, Obviously hasn't been confirmed by Rocksteady.

KingD19
That'd be a really weird move to put an established character into a different persona. And if I recall, they said in the GameInformer interview that AK is an entirely new character created for the game.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>