Zone Anakin i.e. ROTS and Kenobi vs. Sids in saber only combat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
who wins this sabers only duel..

!. One saber for each
2. Kenobi gets two sabers

Stealth Moose
Every time someone argues Zonakin as a valid character, I want to dragon kick a baby.

Astor Ebligis
Agreed.

Zonakin should be able to solo it, but the two of them together should definitely take it.

Stealth Moose
Zonakin is a no limits fallacy come to life. He shouldn't be able to do anything but be excluded from versus threads.

Astor Ebligis
I just base it off of his utter annihilation of Dooku. The Anakin that defeated Dooku as described in the RotS novel > Sidious in pure sabers imo.

Intrepid37
Sidious stomps.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well Zone Anakin is better than Morbis Anakin.. If you prefer to not call him Zone Anakin.. Then I'm saying Anakin as he fought Dooku and Kenobi vs. ROTS SIds

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Well Zone Anakin is better than Morbis Anakin.. If you prefer to not call him Zone Anakin.. Then I'm saying Anakin as he fought Dooku and Kenobi vs. ROTS SIds

Zonakin is a plot-induced uber fighter who existed for less than like ten seconds. His sole feat is being presumably really good and beating Dooku with one move. You might as well argue Hestizo Trace in the Zone as a viable combatant.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Sidious stomps.

Come on dude. You can't honestly think that in a Pure Saber match up, Skywalker at his peak (when he owned Dooku) would actually get "stomped" by Sidious?

Intrepid37
Speed, bro. Sidious is just too fast.

DARTH POWER
^ I'll buy that when I see it. Obviously we've all seen him Blitz Tiin/Kolar/Fisto (although Fisto did trade a few blows with him). But he never blitz Windu or Yoda. Heck he never even Saber blitzed Maul and Opress.

So yeah I'm not buying that Sidious would blitz Anakin or Dooku, either one of whom would give Windu hell and can at least put up a fight against Yoda(in Sabers). Although either Sidious or Yoda could Force TK stomp Skywalker.

Intrepid37
There's a bigger chance of Sidious blitzing Anakin than there is of Force stomping him. erm

Astor Ebligis
There's a bigger chance of Sidious blitzing Anakin than there is of Force stomping him. erm

Not a chance.

Intrepid37
Your mother.

DARTH POWER

They were both rated on the same level as Saber combatants by the movies film fight choreographer who discussed the levels with Lucas erm

Intrepid37
Their lightsaber skill were rated, bro. Not their speed.

DARTH POWER
If it was fencing skill then Yoda and Dooku would get the highest ratings. But it was clearly Lightsaber Prowess. Because that's what served the fight choreographer in how the fights play out. And that's why turning to the Dark Side puts Anakin up. Turning dark wouldn't magically increase his Skill level.

NewGuy01
If Dooku could handle them both on multiple occasions, I see no reason why Sidious couldn't win this.

I reserve my vote for now, regardless. Gonna watch how this thread plays out.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by NewGuy01
If Dooku could handle them both on multiple occasions, I see no reason why Sidious couldn't win this.

But this is Skywalker at his peak when he owns Dooku. So Dooku certainly can't handle them both with these stips. And there's no way Dooku would even stand a chance in a pure Saber match up. So read the stips please, and then give us an argument that makes sense according to those stips.

Intrepid37
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
If it was fencing skill then Yoda and Dooku would get the highest ratings. But it was clearly Lightsaber Prowess. Because that's what served the fight choreographer in how the fights play out. And that's why turning to the Dark Side puts Anakin up. Turning dark wouldn't magically increase his Skill level.
Eh... this is something you just made up. If it is as you're saying, then Anakin should be able to compete with Sidious, which he isn't.

DARTH POWER
Eh... this is something you just made up. If it is as you're saying, then Anakin should be able to compete with Sidious, which he isn't.

LOL Have you even read NG's comments. That's exactly what he says. And yes he says Anakin is up there with Sidious, referring to Saber Prowess only. Obviously Sidious would Force TK stomp him anyway.

Intrepid37
He said lightsaber skill, bro. Not physical stats.

DARTH POWER
So how does turning to the Dark side increase one's skill? It doesn't, hence he could have only been referring to overall Saber Prowess.

Intrepid37
What are you even talking about?

DARTH POWER
NG's Saber levels man! He said Anakin turning to the Dark Side can make someone jump from a level 8 to a level 9. I.e. he's talking Skill and Power combined.

NewGuy01
Darth Power makes a strong point.

However, seeing as how Dooku does it well enough, Sidious should be able to combat this team, and considering their respective performances against Yoda I daresay he has a damn good chance of winning.

Intrepid37
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
NG's Saber levels man! He said Anakin turning to the Dark Side can make someone jump from a level 8 to a level 9. I.e. he's talking Skill and Power combined.
Which is why Dooku was equal to Mace as a Jedi and as a Sith as well, right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.