Matthew Mcconaughey vs. Bruce Willis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Who is the superior actor ?

Dramatic Gecko
Bruce Willis... because he's proved to more than just a six pack with his voice roles: Look who's talking, Over the Hedge.

A much more colourful character then Mathew who seems to have only one acting style.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Bruce Willis... because he's proved to more than just a six pack with his voice roles: Look who's talking, Over the Hedge.

A much more colourful character then Mathew who seems to have only one acting style. Which one has an oscar? estahuh

quanchi112

A much more colourful character then Mathew who seems to have only one acting style. Matt can do it all. Bruce it seems is stuck doing the same old thing. Compare Moon Lighting to True Detective.

Matt also has an oscar, sport.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
Matt can do it all. Bruce it seems is stuck doing the same old thing. Compare Moon Lighting to True Detective.

Only an idiot would compare those two. Considering one's a romantic comedy, the other's a crime drama, Willis only had a few years of acting back then and McConaughy has decades of experience behind him in TD.

You be you though.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Only an idiot would compare those two. Considering one's a romantic comedy, the other's a crime drama, Willis only had a few years of acting back then and McConaughy has decades of experience behind him in TD.

You be you though. It was a joke. Who is the superior actor though ? Quit doing your thing about crying about threads.

Robtard
Sadly it wasn't a joke, you just realized how stupid your comment was and are dancing as usual.

IMO, McConaughy is with his last few years of great performances. While Willis is going the path of Liam Neeson. Hoping the oscar doesn't go to McConaughy's head and he starts doing crap.

Dramatic Gecko
Bruce Willis has a much more animated voice, he's cooler and lets admit his movies are just better. Oscars don't mean shit. They all go to the boring movies anyway. Leo will back me up on this.

Yippekayyay Mother****a.

quanchi112
Sadly it wasn't a joke, you just realized how stupid your comment was and are dancing as usual.

IMO, McConaughy is with his last few years of great performances. While Willis is going the path of Liam Neeson. Hoping the oscar doesn't go to McConaughy's head and he starts doing crap. Again, give your opinion. I was kidding but that show was quite terrible. Quit crying. Who is better ?

COG Veteran
Mcconaughey definitively. Teh Oscar doesn't lie.

Robtard
Again, give your opinion.

I was kidding but that show was quite terrible.

Quit crying. Who is better ?

I did. Reading comprehension fail?

No you were not, stop dancing; it's not the first time you put your foot in your ass and made a clown of yourself.

Again, reading comprehension fail?

Robtard
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Mcconaughey definitively. Teh Oscar doesn't lie.

Oscar's are not necessarily the best indicator. See: Cuban Gooding Jr. By that logic, he's better than someone like Leo DiCaprio.

COG Veteran
Oscar's are not necessarily the best indicator. See: Cuban Gooding Jr. By that logic, he's better than someone like Leo DiCaprio.
We can all agree that its rigged against DiCaprio.

quanchi112
I did. Reading comprehension fail?

No you were not, stop dancing; it's not the first time you put your foot in your ass and made a clown of yourself.

Again, reading comprehension fail? Probably isn't good enough for me. I want you to say Matt M. Is better. Take the word probably out of it.

Robtard
We can all agree that its rigged against DiCaprio. Hahaha, nice.

Point stands though.

quanchi112
Mcconaughey definitively. Teh Oscar doesn't lie. thumb up

Robtard
Probably isn't good enough for me. I want you to say Matt M. Is better. Take the word probably out of it.

Good thing I don't care what is or isn't good enough for you, sporto.

quanchi112
Good thing I don't care what is or isn't good enough for you, sporto. Either way you said Matt M. Betraying Brucie once and for all. Mission accomplished, boyo.

Dramatic Gecko
Matthew got an Oscar for his performance in Dallas Buyers Club... Never heard of it... probably boring, what am I saying? It is boring its something to do with Dallas.

ARMEGEDDON!
DIE HARD!
THE SIXTH SENSE!
LOOK WHO'S TALKING!
TEARS OF THE SUN!

Bruce Willis made these awesome! Matthew makes mothers cry in chick flicks.

Robtard
Either way you said Matt M. Betraying Brucie once and for all. Mission accomplished, boyo.

I don't get silly attached to actors and characters like you, so the only thing you've accomplished is showing your butthurt towards an actor because of a character he portrayed which caused you epic levels of anal-pains in here. Congrats?

Robtard
Matthew got an Oscar for his performance in Dallas Buyers Club... Never heard of it...

Good flick with an awesome performance. Go watch it.

quanchi112
I don't get silly attached to actors and characters like you, so the only thing you've accomplished is showing your butthurt towards an actor because of a character he protrayed which caused you epic levels of anal-pains in here. Congrats? You don't give a rats ass about him. Great to hear.

Dramatic Gecko
Quanchi really doesn't know how to argue does he?

Robtard
Quanchi really doesn't know how to argue does he?

Nope.

quanchi112
Quanchi really doesn't know how to argue does he? Watch True Detective. Tears of the Sun was abysmal. Die Hard was about as awe inspiring as Arnold in Predator.

Dramatic Gecko
Predator was awesome! THe acting was a bit iffy. But Die Hard? YIPPIE KAI YAY!

The only person who acted better in Die Hard was the villain. snape... snape... severus snape. Who by the way was so much more scarier than Voldermort.

NemeBro
Matthew got an Oscar for his performance in Dallas Buyers Club... Never heard of it... probably boring, what am I saying? It is boring its something to do with Dallas.

ARMEGEDDON!
DIE HARD!
THE SIXTH SENSE!
LOOK WHO'S TALKING!
TEARS OF THE SUN!

Bruce Willis made these awesome! Matthew makes mothers cry in chick flicks.

Armageddon is sort of shitty though.

Matthew has really come into his own as an actor. I'm sorry that you're not smart enough to comprehend his movies.

Robtard
Armageddon is pure shit.

Dramatic Gecko
Originally posted by NemeBro
Armageddon is sort of shitty though.

Matthew has really come into his own as an actor. I'm sorry that you're not smart enough to comprehend his movies.
Hey hey! Lets not go that far. I see his movies, Failure to Launch, The Wedding PLanner , fools gold. His acting is good. I find him funny and cool. Unfortunately that's all he ever is. I swear he's the same character in every movie. He's good but he's not diverse. But when I think about the same can be said for Bruce Willis. I guess it comes down to action or chick flick.

NemeBro
Calm down.

Watch True Detective or Dallas Buyer's Club or something before you make that decision.

Or Reign of Fire. no expression

Dramatic Gecko
Armageddon is pure shit.
I blame Ben.

steverules_2
If Affleck had died it may have been a bit better...

Robtard
Hey hey! Lets not go that far. I see his movies, Failure to Launch, The Wedding PLanner , fools gold. His acting is good. I find him funny and cool. Unfortunately that's all he ever is. I swear he's the same character in every movie. He's good but he's not diverse. But when I think about the same can be said for Bruce Willis. I guess it comes down to action or chick flick. Killer Joe
Mud
A Time to Kill

These are what you should be watching instead of his chick flicks.

Dramatic Gecko
Originally posted by NemeBro
Calm down.

Watch True Detective or Dallas Buyer's Club or something before you make that decision.

Or Reign of Fire. no expression
All right I'll give them a watch, but if he has the same personality again I'll be so disappointed.

quanchi112
Predator was awesome! THe acting was a bit iffy. But Die Hard? YIPPIE KAI YAY!

The only person who acted better in Die Hard was the villain. snape... snape... severus snape. Who by the way was so much more scarier than Voldermort. He was not scarier than Voldemort. Leave Fiennes out of this. Matthew has been an excellent actor for quite some time. This just didn't happen overnight.

marwash22
What is Bruce's best performance? or top 3?

FrothByte
It's actually a pretty hard question to answer. Bruce Willis mostly just plays the same character in all of his films, with a few tweaks here and there. But when he does them right they end up great.

Matthew doesn't have that many memorable roles, but he's way more flexible and versatile in his characters and acting.

If they were both in drama school, I bet Matthew would get higher grades in just about everything over Bruce. But when it comes to bankability (especially blockbusters) then Willis definitely is more successful .

So let's just say this: McConaughey is a better actor. Willis is a better movie star.

marwash22
so yeah, short answer is that Matt is the superior actor.

Firefly218
Bruce Willis is more diverse and has proven talent

marwash22
what spurred this idea for a thread?

why Bruce Willis of all people?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Firefly218
Bruce Willis is more diverse and has proven talent

Diverse? No. Talented? Yes, if the role he's portraying falls under his strengths.

FrothByte
Originally posted by marwash22

Probably because of the Reign of Fire vs. Die hard thread.

NemeBro
Originally posted by FrothByte
Probably because of the Reign of Fire vs. Die hard thread. This is probably the right answer, yeah. This is just a rehash of McClane vs. Denton Van Zan, probably inspired by Matt bagging his first oscar.

quanchi112
Bruce Willis is more diverse and has proven talent Ridiculous.

Firefly218
Ridiculous.

Watch Bruce Willis's performance in Death Becomes Her, Unbreakable, Sixth Sense and then try and spout that bullshit.

quanchi112
Watch Bruce Willis's performance in Death Becomes Her, Unbreakable, Sixth Sense and then try and spout that bullshit. I have seen all these films. None of this comes close to True Detective.

lol at Death Becomes her. What an awful, awful film.

Firefly218
I have seen all these films. None of this comes close to True Detective.

lol at Death Becomes her. What an awful, awful film.

Quality of the films are irrelevant, Willis's performances were brilliant. I haven't seen true detective, but I've seen enough McConaughey movies to know he doesn't come close to Willis.

It's obvious your opinion isn't gonna change erm

FrothByte
Watch Bruce Willis's performance in Death Becomes Her, Unbreakable, Sixth Sense and then try and spout that bullshit.

They were great performances, but they weren't really that diverse. Not quite as diverse as say Van Zan and Matt's character in Magic Mike.

Dramatic Gecko
Matthew is the well presented seasoned quail dish and Bruce Willis is that Massive Steak we always order.

quanchi112
Quality of the films are irrelevant, Willis's performances were brilliant. I haven't seen true detective, but I've seen enough McConaughey movies to know he doesn't come close to Willis.

It's obvious your opinion isn't gonna change erm Death becomes her was stupid and he was just some nerd these two women pushed around. The acting was ok and the role was generic. Acting has to do with movies, shows, anything. He won an oscar for a movie. Has Bruce won an oscar ?

Dramatic Gecko
Death becomes her was stupid and he was just some nerd these two women pushed around. The acting was ok and the role was generic. Acting has to do with movies, shows, anything. He won an oscar for a movie. Has Bruce won an oscar ?
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/d1/af/ed/d1afedfc9f31042810cb0e01fbd85286.jpg

marwash22

It's obvious your opinion isn't gonna change erm

Lincoln Lawyer
Mud
Dallas Buyer's Club
Killer Joe
Bernie
Wolf of Wall Street

...you've seen all those movies and think he's not on Bruce Willis' acting level?

no expression

NemeBro
You forgot Reign of Fire.

marwash22
never seen it.

come at me.

Impediment
Matt in Dazed and Confused = thumb up

Robtard

Quanchi's grade school level of butthurt over John McClane. /true story

Silent Master

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t555806.html

marwash22
jesus phucking christ, 105 pages.

I'm almost tempted to read through that.

Robtard
Do something more productive with your time, mouth.

Silent Master
No need to read it, it's just quan's usual trolling.

marwash22
Do something more productive with your time, mouth. i said almost.

quanchi112
Quanchi's grade school level of butthurt over John McClane. /true story Let it go. Zan won. Matt just won in this thread according to you. 2-0.

maxivitopowe

why Bruce Willis of all people? it's Quan

quanchi112
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
it's Quan Hush.

siriuswriter
Let me put it this way :

Willis is someone whose career has been filled with actual hits that have ranged from romantic comedy to action to drama. A wide range of people like his movies. Most people can honestly say that they regularly watch a Bruce Willis movie.

Matthew is somebody whose career has been filled with mostly ick, although sometimes he can rise above the ick to create a good film. I'll give him three good films : "A Time to Kill," "Sahara," and "The Dallas Buyer's Club." Two heavy dramas and one action/adventure that's pretty enjoyable. Yes, he's won an Oscar. I've always thought he should've won an Oscar for "A Time to Kill," because that movie is just ridiculously good. Most of the rest of his movies are stupefying rom-coms. Even if there's a good film that he's in, he's usually the worst part of the good film.

So we have a solid star and a three-hit wonder.

Case closed.

marwash22
The Fifth Element.

haermm2

Lincoln Lawyer
Mud
Dallas Buyer's Club
Killer Joe
Bernie
Wolf of Wall Street

no expression erm bermm

Firefly218
The Fifth Element.

haermm2

no expression erm bermm

Ok, I haven't seen enough Mcconaughey movies. I've seen Sahara, Wolf of Wallstreet and two for the money with Al Pacino. I didn't see Magic Mike, Lincoln Lawyer or Dallas Buyers Club

I still like Willis more

quanchi112
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Let me put it this way :

Willis is someone whose career has been filled with actual hits that have ranged from romantic comedy to action to drama. A wide range of people like his movies. Most people can honestly say that they regularly watch a Bruce Willis movie.

Matthew is somebody whose career has been filled with mostly ick, although sometimes he can rise above the ick to create a good film. I'll give him three good films : "A Time to Kill," "Sahara," and "The Dallas Buyer's Club." Two heavy dramas and one action/adventure that's pretty enjoyable. Yes, he's won an Oscar. I've always thought he should've won an Oscar for "A Time to Kill," because that movie is just ridiculously good. Most of the rest of his movies are stupefying rom-coms. Even if there's a good film that he's in, he's usually the worst part of the good film.

So we have a solid star and a three-hit wonder.

Case closed. Fifth Element.

laughing out loud

Matt M. Destroys him. It isn't even close.

ares834
McConaughey. If only because he is far more diverse.

What is Bruce's best performance? or top 3?

Probably Pulp Fiction but I thought he was great in Unbreakable as well.

Kazenji
I'm not getting the The Fifth Element joke??

Lestov16
I guess technically Matthew has more acting rage, but Willis has been in far more enjoyable films and is by far more famous. And none of his characters suicide-dove into a dragon, so there's another McPlus.

Lol at the butthurt that went into making this thread laughing

Robtard
Originally posted by Lestov16
Lol at the butthurt that went into making this thread laughing

Highest level of butthurt ever recorded. /fact

marwash22
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm not getting the The Fifth Element joke?? it's a shit movie. The joke is that someone used that shit movie as an indicator of Bruce's acting prowess.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm not getting the The Fifth Element joke?? laughing out loud

Kazenji
it's a shit movie.

Oh rly?

marwash22
ya rly.

Kazenji
I disagree

then again you consider the Lotr movies to be boring.

marwash22
they are boring.

Kaz, fight me irl.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff220/F-Heonix/GetReady_zps564af7b6.gif

maxivitopowe
Watched an hour of Fifth Element the other day

quanchi112
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Watched an hour of Fifth Element the other day What a horrible way to spend your time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.