Systematic Racism.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix2001
What "policies" or "institutions" in today's America are specifically designed to be discriminatory, or oppressive towards blacks and other minorities?

If there are any, to what purpose is there in limiting the rights and privileges of minorities?

BackFire
There's been concentrated efforts by the GOP to make it harder for minorities to vote, since usually only dying old white people and Christian morons vote republican these days.

Bardock42
Backfire's example is probably the best if you are looking for outright racist policy in government. Others are different treatment of drugs based on the demographics of their users.

There are none that are as outward as they used to be, but that doesn't mean that there isn't systematic oppression of minorities. (both by policy and by society and culture)

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by BackFire
There's been concentrated efforts by the GOP to make it harder for minorities to vote, since usually only dying old white people and Christian morons vote republican these days.

There'sa lot of overlap in that Venn diagram.

Shakyamunison
Demarcates are angels from heaven, and Republicans are devils from the 9th hell.

These two and the fact that the world is flat are the great truths of stupidity.

Bardock42
Democrats do a lot of shit, but the Republicans are actively worse for people, they cause a lot of things that negatively impacts real people (generally oppressed people). Democrats are by no means a good party at all, they just look pretty appealing if your only other choice is what Republicans are doing now.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Demarcates are angels from heaven, and Republicans are devils from the 9th hell.

These two and the fact that the world is flat are the great truths of stupidity.
The current democratic party are angels compared to the Republicans.*

*Source: A guy who voted Green Party the last election and was until recently a registered Republican.

BackFire
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
There'sa lot of overlap in that Venn diagram.

You're right. I forgot another important group. Poor people who vote against their own self interest because they are delusional and think that they will one day be rich.

Wonder Man
Probably find racists in immigration and other area's where there are vulnerable people.

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
You're right. I forgot another important group. Poor people who vote against their own self interest because they are delusional and think that they will one day be rich.

I love those people.

Robtard

Good, bad, who cares, but in the last 100 years (or else you'd throw "Lincoln was a Republican" at me), which party do you think has done more positives for minorities in America?

Wonder Man
Racism is really a form of loss. I'm pretty sure it won't survive.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
Good, bad, who cares, but in the last 100 years (or else you'd throw "Lincoln was a Republican" at me), which party do you think has done more positives for minorities in America?

I don't think one party is better then the other. I think both parties want you to believe that the other party is the devil.

I don't think I can explain this to you in a way you will understand, but let me give it a go:

Both parties are stuck in the lower worlds.

Let me try again:

Both parties are made up of politicians, and politicians are bad.

Why are they bad? Because they are stuck in the lower worlds.

See, I told you that I can't explain it to you in a way you would understand.

One last try:

You are being lied to by both parties.

Digi
The urge to correct OP on 'systematic' is overwhelming. It technically works, but it's also likely not what he thought he was going for. I guess I'm that guy.

Robtard
I don't think one party is better then the other. I think both parties want you to believe that the other party is the devil.

I don't think I can explain this to you in a way you will understand, but let me give it a go:

Both parties are stuck in the lower worlds.

Let me try again:

Both parties are made up of politicians, and politicians are bad.

Why are they bad? Because they are stuck in the lower worlds.

See, I told you that I can't explain it to you in a way you would understand.

One last try:

You are being lied to by both parties.

I'm not asking you which party is better than the other and I understand your "lower world" bit, this isn't our first dance.

I'm asking you: in the last 100 years, which party do you think has done more positives for minorities in America? This is regardless of any and all politicians being is some 'lower' realm of hunger or what have you.

Shakyamunison
I'm not asking you which party is better than the other.

I'm asking you: in the last 100 years, which party do you think has done more positives for minorities in America?

Positive as apposed to negative? Why divide the world into good and evil? Are you a Christian?

To answer your question:

In my opinion, over the last 100 years, both parties have been stuck in the lower worlds. From time to time, there have been a few leaders who have risen about into the higher worlds. These are people who have represented both parties, but have over come the craggier of ignorance that dominates the political parties.

Robtard
I clearly said before "good, bad, who cares". So good and bad isn't something I'm talking about.

That's not answering my question though. I asking you which party in the last 100 years has done more for minorities that has had positive outcomes. eg fair voting rights, equal opportunities in employment, equal pay for equal work, as a few examples.

edit.

Tzeentch
JIA was banned.

Shakyamunison
I clearly said before "good, bad, who cares". So good and bad isn't something I'm talking about.

That's not answering my question though. Unless you're somehow implying that both parties have equally strived to better minorities/their situation in America in the last 100 years?

No! Both parties are selfish, and never do anything for anyone else unless you threaten then.

Both parties have equally strived to better their pockets. Minorities have nothing to do with it. Anything good that has happened for minorities is despite the political parties.

The reason for this is because they are stuck in the lower worlds.

Bardock42
What does "stuck in the lower worlds" mean?

Robtard
No! Both parties are selfish, and never do anything for anyone else unless you threaten then.

Both parties have equally strived to better their pockets. Minorities have nothing to do with it. Anything good that has happened for minorities is despite the political parties.

The reason for this is because they are stuck in the lower worlds.

Not what I'm asking.

So politics/the political parties have nothing to do with ending segregation, women's voting rights, sodomy laws being abolished, fair(er) wages, Anti-miscegenation laws going by-by, equal marriage laws etc. etc. etc. This is what you're saying?

My question doesn't hinge on Politicians being stuck in the lower realms.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42

Buddism/Ten spiritual realms

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bardock42

PM me and I will send you a link. Otherwise, this question will lead us way off topic.

Basically, if anyone has anymore questions of me, please start a thread in the religious forum, or PM me. I will answer NO MORE QUESTIONS.

I think you all are just leading me down the road so you can then say that I have derailed the thread.

goodbye

Robtard
Odd.

Phoenix2001
I assume you all agree that systemic racism does exist. Okay.

My next question, then, is how do we account for minorities who live quite normal lives and seldom faces any degree of racism, those individuals who are not, or seem not to be affected by any kind of institutionalized racism? It would seem to me that if there was truly a system trying to keep minorities down that there shouldn't be any minorities living normal middle-classed lives or above.

Robtard
It's not Apartheid South Africa in the US, but yeah, it exist in some manner.

Not every black person has been beaten half to death by the LAPD, but doesn't mean they've not experienced racism in some degree. I doubt you could find many (any) black people in the US that haven't had some manner of racism directed toward them in their lifetime, be it a comment or disapproving look. Same probably goes for openly gay people.

Phoenix2001
The reason I'm bringing the topic up is to, of course, learn more about it. Several days back, I responded to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL5awaQNNQE

The issue I have with this video is the 'It's not a black problem it's a white problem' bit of dialogue coming from Jesse Williams.

I don't feel that when a white individual does something heinous against a minority that somehow all other individuals who just so happen to be of the same ethnicity are in effect responsible to some degree or another for such tragedies taking place.

Subsequently, I was called ignorant by commenters because I was "choosing to ignore white privilege" and that "whites can absolve themselves from people like Micheal Dunn and George Zimmerman and manage impressions whereas non-whites can only manage existing impressions (most of which are negative)"

I brought this here to the table to see what opinions or facts would come up. I'm not quite convinced yet, but I'm not beyond being swayed.

Bardock42
I suppose I can see an argument when you do not speak out against such injustices and don't work on not furthering negative stereotypes or treatment yourself, you are compliant with it. So yes, some blame may be ascribed correctly in certain cases.

I loved that video, btw. He makes so many good points.

Chris 1986
1. To answer your 1st question, I think it's become a personal battle of like Italian over Chinese or Jewish over Chinese.

2. To answer your 2nd question, I think people forget that Europeans are different from 1 another. Instead, they start talking about the Chinese being different from Europeans.

3. I watched all of the 5 minute video. I came up with a few important topics:

---(1) Some people are more worried about their parents racially than about their own problems racially.

---(2) People think of "racial benefits" as in they want to be white but are attached to being black more.

---(3) People act like they want the Chinese to look Caucasian, but like I do and people turn me down in the end like it was a lie they would accept me if I looked Caucasian. The hatred makes me look less Caucasian, as the years go by.

---(4) Some people simply want to be white but enjoy the benefits of other cultures. If other cultures let whites enjoy the benefits of their cultures, whites will let other cultures do more with them and accept them more.

---(5) Blacks are often not treated with esteem. No one cares when they get mad about not being white, and then the trouble starts. In fact, their problem may be sadness and not hatred.

4. To address your more specific interests, it seems you're saying that minorities are treated unfairly and that some minorities are treated better, which makes others jealous. I think whites are jealous of this. Other than that, it's a real feeling I've experience seeing that they just want to be "safe," even if someone acts and looks white and they find out they're not and even in some way of how they act because it's hard to live and be happy with minority, or non-white, blood. People are simply selfish for pleasure, unfortunately, for more and more of it. They do it in a way that affects others because that was how they were raised to make the most out of life.

5. I've noticed other things.

---(1) I've noticed other people don't want me to act white, like it's a sin, tho. Considering this statement is like considering fluff.

Lord Lucien
Where'd you copy and paste that from?

Chris 1986
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Where'd you copy and paste that from? I wrote it out. I watched the video, too. I just highlighted some of it.

This strangely reminds me of the old days when I was into homosexual topics.

smile

Mindset
Systemic racism is my favorite kind.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Chris 1986
I wrote it out. I watched the video, too. I just highlighted some of it.

This strangely reminds me of the old days when I was into homosexual topics.

smile Huh.

Megatom
Being racist doesn't mean having preferences right? I mean if you aren't racist but still prefer the look of your own race?

Mindship
What I wonder is this: I saw on a news show that, for the 2014 elections, Michelle Obama is considered a motivating force for African-Americans and Hispanics. Would she be such a force if she were white?

Geraldine Ferraro had once said that if Obama were a white man with the same attributes, he would not have been given a second look.

My point: is this (for lack of a better term) positive racism? Being for someone mainly/solely because of their skin color? Shouldn't it be the person's qualifications (and personality) that are paramount, and skin color should be ignored from either direction?

Just asking. Is this sort of 'racism' okay? Or, should it not even be considered racism because racism can only be detrimental?

Bardock42
I think, looking at previous presidents of the United States, the features that seems to be most beneficial in order to be elected, is being a white male.

StyleTime
And heterosexual.

Being Christian helps a lot too.

snowdragon
And if you follow the money and take sides well then.............kmc leans ( I mean curves left hard) but in the reality of politics we are all owned by corporate america.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.