Leia Organa vs Desann

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fire Ant
Haven't seen a Leia thread yet. Desann is interrupted in his attack against Yavin IV. Can the temple's guardian defeat him?

Fire Ant
I think this is a pretty close one. Desann's got the reach and pure power, whereas Leia's probably a more balanced Niman practitioner, who is of course, of the Skywalker line.

Desann managed to hold off Luke in a straight fight and Leia's held her own as a teammate of his on several occasions.

Stealth Moose
It's been awhile, but Niman is a pretty crappy saber form and Desann is on a verified Dark Side nexus on Yavin IV, so I'm leaning towards him.

Q99
Hm, tough one... Desaan's good... Leia's a Skywalker and had training, but doesn't get into many fights...

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
It's been awhile, but Niman is a pretty crappy saber form and Desann is on a verified Dark Side nexus on Yavin IV, so I'm leaning towards him.

I think once Exar's spirit is gone, it's more of a generic force nexus.

Stealth Moose
Albeit one created by the mass sacrifice of thousands of Massassi and reinforced by hundreds of ziggurats which in turn reinforce energy.

I'd say it's quite a boost.

Petrus
How good is Desann?

Stealth Moose
I don't recall, I used cheats.

Fire Ant
Lol. That kinda says something there. smile I'd say it's a significant force Nexus, because he's uses it as such in the game. The only fights we've seen Desann in are throwing Kyle around like a ragdoll when he didn't have the force (Still a bad-ass), going head to head with Luke, and walking away from it better off, and then finally losing what I'd assume is a decent battle with Kyle.

Jerec, a High Inquisitor, was a tough match for Kyle back during the first week or so that he owned a lightsaber, and Desann is a tough match for Kyle as a Master. In fact I don't think it was long after defeating him that he was awarded the title of Jedi Battlemaster.

Q99
As Katarn had spent awhile cut off from the force, it's not like he purely went up between the two, he had to regain lost ground first. I do get the impression Jerec was the closer fight of the two.

That said, Desann was one of Luke's more talented students, and he did use clever fighting to trap Luke with rubble.

Fire Ant
That's true, I hadn't really considered his off time. Although he did receive a few years of formal training before Mysteries of the Sith, and, he was supposed to be on par with Mara Jade. With the boost of from the Valley, it looks like he picked up right when he left off. If gameplay is any kind of meter, I'd note that back in JK and MotS his speed merely made him run fast, whereas in JO he's pretty much a bullet timer. During the interim between he and Desann's first fight, he took out a few dozen reborn, some of whom were at least padawan level, as well as Tavion. I'd say with this experience and amp he's stronger in JO than in JK.

Hm. I though Desann was superior to Jerec, but I check a few vs threads with the two of them, and it looks like Jerec would hardly know he was in a fight. This being based on the fact that Jerec received much more training, and had force destruct, as well as Desann being the easier boss. I really wanted Desann to win, but now I'm thinking Leia.

Fire Ant
Possible outcome: As they first engage, he bats away her well rounded defenses rather easily, and his reach makes it nearly impossible for her to go on the offensive. He then plants his feet hurling force lightning at her which she absorbs with her saber. Then, as a result of her battle meditation, a section of the rotting temple crumbles under Desann's weight. She lunges forward to press the advantage, and follows him below where he has disappeared into the temple. She begins to feel for his thoughts, and becomes aware of his intention to mislead her with illusions as he did Kyle. As a response to altered reality being imposed on her, she initiates a mind meld, either making Desann susceptible to his own illusions and likely go mad, or forcing him to accept the peace that resides within her.

Please correct me if that's not a possible application of "force meld". Just a thought.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.