Plo Koon vs. Ulic Qel Droma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

Stealth Moose
Does this take place in a creek?

carthage
Does Ulic get a paddle if they fight in a creek?

Stealth Moose
Absolutely.

Based
Ulic easily.

carthage
Glad to see some Ulic love here.

Why easily though? Not terribly impressed with him holding off Ventress with a broken arm?

Do you think he could take Ulic's beating with a paddle?

Lord Stark
If its next to a creek Plo reasonably takes this. He can manipulate the environment.

>Submerge Ulic
>Electric Judgement
>GG

Stealth Moose
No, he freezes the creek. That's his MO. If he was a Jedi serial killer, all of his victims would die that way.

carthage
There is no creek where Plo is.

Not one at all. He must rely on his own power.

Stealth Moose
Spite.

carthage
Does he need a creek to beat young Ulic?

Stealth Moose
Maybe two. Ulic Qel-Droma fought evenly with Exar Kun.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Moosie Poo.... where did you go in our discussion on Gothmog.. I see you did respond.. Didn't see it on the page before.. Thought U hadn't.

Stealth Moose
On weekends, I'm not shackled to a work PC, so I don't respond as often. Why waste time attempting to change the opinions of resisting members when I can play video games?

chilled monkey

Nephthys
Nice once again.

Does anyone have the source where Uliq blocks mounted-blasterfire with a Force Shield? That's a highly impressive Force feat that would boost my esteem on Droma, should it be confirmed.

DarthAnt66
Also note Droma is one of the most powerful Sith Lords in history.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Nephthys
Nice once again.

Does anyone have the source where Uliq blocks mounted-blasterfire with a Force Shield? That's a highly impressive Force feat that would boost my esteem on Droma, should it be confirmed.

I'm of the opinion that either he Force deflects those artillery blasts or he defends them with his saber. Both are ridiculous feats.

The Merchant
Ulic. Dude's a beast. He was able to break through Mandalore's Axe in one swing and had the agility to cut down his war basilisk droid in one swing as well. He was also able to cut down Warb Null, who was able to take on Cay and those 2 other Jedi who's names I don't recall at the same time.

DarthAnt66
Nice once again.

I see all I'm good for these days are scans:
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/mandal10.jpg
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/mandal11.jpg

The Merchant
Hey do you have a showing of Mandalore's cannons hitting something or how powerful Basilisk war droids cannons are? Would make it even more impressive if he used a force shield, which I believe is the case thanks to the narration.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I'm of the opinion that either he Force deflects those artillery blasts or he defends them with his saber. Both are ridiculous feats.
I think it was likely a combination of both, as it would be the most logical and efficient move.

Stealth Moose
In hindsight, he's not holding his weapon correctly for deflecting, so Ulic just no-sold firepower in excess of a heavy repeater.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I see all I'm good for these days are scans:
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/mandal10.jpg
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/mandal11.jpg

I'd say Force shield. thumb up

Originally posted by The Merchant
Hey do you have a showing of Mandalore's cannons hitting something or how powerful Basilisk war droids cannons are? Would make it even more impressive if he used a force shield, which I believe is the case thanks to the narration.

They're armed with laser cannons and pulse-wave cannons. So they're fairly heavy guns.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The Merchant
I have over 2000 Star Wars comics (piratebay ftw). wink
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/mandal13.jpg
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/mandal14.jpg
http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/mandal15.jpg

Astor Ebligis
No way Plo has the Force advantage. As well as the feat above, he blasted back Nomi Sunrider and his brother simultaneously with TK something like 50 feet. He's referred to as an incredibly powerful Sith Lord and one of the most powerful ever, and to the eyes of Aleema, he was seen as bristling in darkside energy in a comparable manner to Exar Kun. Plus the simple fact that he stalemated Exar Kun in a lightsaber duel (while injured and having been recuperating, no less) implies that he was very powerful, given how powerful and skilled Exar Kun was. Typically extremely powerful Force Users overwhelm great lightsaber duelists when they have a significant advantage with the Force; the fact that Exar Kun is an extremely powerful Force User and an extremely skilled lightsaber duelist to boot would suggest that Ulic was at least powerful enough to not get overwhelmed by Exar's Force enhanced speed and strength.

Nephthys
thumb up

Uliq should be fighting Dooku or some other close-top tier opponent.

Stealth Moose
I have to agree. Ulic really has flown under the radar.

Astor Ebligis
He and Exar Kun both.

Stealth Moose
Kun less so. People just don't like accepting any of the evidence in his court without downplaying it.

Intrepid37
Every EU character is under the radar and very underrated whereas PT/OT characters are extremely overrated.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Something inflammatoy. OHGODPLEASETALKTOME

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
No way Plo has the Force advantage. As well as the feat above, he blasted back Nomi Sunrider and his brother simultaneously with TK something like 50 feet. He's referred to as an incredibly powerful Sith Lord and one of the most powerful ever, and to the eyes of Aleema, he was seen as bristling in darkside energy in a comparable manner to Exar Kun. Plus the simple fact that he stalemated Exar Kun in a lightsaber duel (while injured and having been recuperating, no less) implies that he was very powerful, given how powerful and skilled Exar Kun was. Typically extremely powerful Force Users overwhelm great lightsaber duelists when they have a significant advantage with the Force; the fact that Exar Kun is an extremely powerful Force User and an extremely skilled lightsaber duelist to boot would suggest that Ulic was at least powerful enough to not get overwhelmed by Exar's Force enhanced speed and strength.

Plo got the edge due to his better skill at using the Force, not strength. Looking at those scans and such, yes, Ulic may be more powerful, but Force-ability (and who's better at it) isn't just about power. It's more than just "who can lift the biggest rock?"

Ulic is a powerful Force-wielder certainly, but I'd still say Plo is the "better" Force-user as he has displayed far more versatility and finesse in using it.

Nice once again.

Thanks again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.