Kar Vastor vs. Savage Opress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
The man who beat Windu vs. Maul's brother

Force, sabers, all out

Battle takes place in Hell's Kitchen.

Stealth Moose
Hrm. Honestly, Vastor's raw power exceeds Opress' and he's smarter in a lot of ways. I think Vastor takes him.

DARTH POWER
Does Vastor use Lightsabers though?

Stealth Moose
He used two lightsaber-proof arm-shield things. And gave Mace Windu fits, along with having possibly similar raw power as Yoda.

DARTH POWER
^ But Mace never actually used Lightsabers against him right? So we don't know how well he'd hold up in that department.

Also I'm guessing having raw power to equal Yoda is probably a bit exaggerated. Opress does have quite beastly raw power himself, but isn't trained properly in focusing it.

Stealth Moose
I don't recall if Mace used his saber. I know he did use it afterwards fighting Depa.

However, Mace makes it a point to say that Vastor's raw power, while unrefined, is rivaling/bordering/comparable to Yoda's, and no one has said anything of the sort about Opress.

The_Tempest
While I don't doubt that Vastor's Force connection is immense and probably greater than Savage's, I honestly don't remember him harnessing it at all in any overt way in Shatterpoint or Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor.

Stealth Moose
I didn't realize he was in a later work. Also, IIRC, he was buffing and communicating with his team and their akk-dogs using the Force, along with some pretty impressive physical attacks and routines.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
However, Mace makes it a point to say that Vastor's raw power, while unrefined, is rivaling/bordering/comparable to Yoda's, and no one has said anything of the sort about Opress.

Nick Rostu later says that Vastors power is incomparable to Darth Vaders though.

Stealth Moose
Considering Anakin > Yoda in raw power, that's probably understandable. Vader also had formal training.

The_Tempest
Yeah, I think it's important to note the distinction between Force connection and actualized ability. I do recall Vastor's extraordinary strength and physicality, but even Opress seems more advanced in his command of the Force.

Mace muses that Vastor's connection to the Force on Horuun Kaal rivals Yoda's, but Nick Rostu senses that Vader would hand Vastor his ass.

Stealth Moose
On Horuun Kaal is a good distinction, true. In that light, Vastor might not do so well in a neutral setting. Better make this a fist-fight to make it interesting.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ But Mace never actually used Lightsabers against him right?

Not quite. At one point Mace did attack Vastor with a pair of lightsabres. Vastor blocked the attack with his shields and they talked briefly. Mace backed down when he realized anger was clouding his judgement.

That was all. They never had a full-on lightsabre vs. vibroshields fight. When they fought later it was bare-handed and in their final confrontation Mace won through trickery/strategy.

Anyway, I'd say Vastor would win in the jungles of Haruun Kal but Savage would win in a neutral location. That's not saying Vastor is weak or incapable outside of Haruun Kal. He isn't and would still be a formidable foe. But he does have a very deep connection to his home jungle that is a big advantage to him.

As I said I think Savage would win a fist-fight on neutral ground. Physically he's just as strong and tough, maybe more so, and he has a similar degree of natural ferocity. It would be a tough fight though.

juyomaster34
This is a tough one...Vastor is good...Savage is indeed a beast...
I'll have to think about this one some more....

Emperordmb
Vastor does appear to be significantly faster than Opress if that affects anyone's decision.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.