Weaker "Skyfather" than zeus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JuggernautMania
is there any?

pym-ftw
Yes

Serpent among others.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by JuggernautMania
is there any? King Thor, Thanos, Glory

carver9
Does the phrase skyfather even have a tier like Heralds? We wouldn't know which skyfather is weaker or stronger than Zeus if we went by what a skyfather really mean.

Wonder Man
Zeus has no peer.

Digi
Originally posted by carver9
Does the phrase skyfather even have a tier like Heralds?

No. Unless it's being used to refer to the head of a pantheon in Marvel, there's no standardized definition for it. We know generally what it means, but there are no upper and lower limits.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Digi
No. Unless it's being used to refer to the head of a pantheon in Marvel, there's no standardized definition for it. We know generally what it means, but there are no upper and lower limits.

I thought it was pretty much accepted that Odin was the top skyfather; anyone greater being a Low Elder God...

TheLordofMurder
As for the thread, I can name several Skyfathers beneath Zeus...

The Serpent, Nightmare, Vishnu off the top of my head...

Reflassshh
Thanos is, by no means a skyfather.

carver9
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I thought it was pretty much accepted that Odin was the top skyfather; anyone greater being a Low Elder God...

I would say he is like what Surfer is in the high Herald tier, a representation of that tier...doesn't mean top dog (even though, by fts, he is the best). An argument can be made for other skyfathers, BUT, a skyfather is a skyfather, there isn't any placement of tiers.

carver9
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Thanos is, by no means a skyfather.

An argument can be made. He has the physical stats of a skyfather, I just don't think he has the versatility and power output of a skyfather.

Bentley
An argument can be made. He has the physical stats of a skyfather, I just don't think he has the versatility and power output of a skyfather.

Hulk has the physical stats of a mid herald, see what I did there? ahah

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley
Hulk has the physical stats of a mid herald, see what I did there? ahah

I honestly don't get it.

Digi
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

By who? I've never even heard the term "Low Elder God" in reference to a tier. If it exists as such a descriptor, it's only within a small subset of this forum.

Yes, Odin's generally considered the top pantheon head. But that's different than saying there's a Skyfather Tier. Several Trans. characters would likely beat the "lower" Skyfathers. Does that put them in the SF tier? My only point was to answer carver's question. No, there isn't a prescribed tier for it, just sort of a general reference point like Odin.

Bentley
I honestly don't get it.

There is no definition of durabilty, mind powers, energy blasts etc. linked to a particular tier. Having "herald level" energy projection means -at best- that you can hurt healds with such a blast, because that can be mesured by showings. In the otherhand saying that there is "sky father durability"makes no sense, as there is no lower/higher amount of durability making you a skyfather.

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley
There is no definition of durabilty, mind powers, energy blasts etc. linked to a particular tier. Having "herald level" energy projection means -at best- that you can hurt healds with such a blast, because that can be mesured by showings. In the otherhand saying that there is "sky father durability"makes no sense, as there is no lower/higher amount of durability making you a skyfather.

Thanos on average has withstood things that would kill a Herald or trans. He has also done things strength wise, 'on a consistent basis' that Heralds or trans can not perform. IMO, yes, he can be established as a skyfather, BUT, in my opinion, he isn't there due to his lack of versatility. Do you not agree with this?.

Bentley
Thanos on average has withstood things that would kill a Herald or trans. He has also done things strength wise, 'on a consistent basis' that Heralds or trans can not perform. IMO, yes, he can be established as a skyfather, BUT, in my opinion, he isn't there due to his lack of versatility. Do you not agree with this?.

I don't agree with your argument. I think that setting the point that "would kill a trans" is vague and disregards powersets entirely. Powersets and status aren't directly linked to tiering because that just goes to complicate the task and the powerlevels become murky.

At some point people did a "intelligence tier thread" which I think is a more sensible way of adressing this kind of particular tiers. At no point they should be considered as equivalent to the general powerlevels that we currently use.

All that, in my opinion.

Digi

I actually agree with this (sort of). Thanos's durability is haxx, so yeah, if his other qualities were of equivalent value, we'd probably be grouping him with Odin. Not sure I'd agree with the thing about strength. Are his strength showings higher than SBP? Validus? Many would say no. But the durability point is well made.

As it is, he's where he belongs.

Reflassshh

Yes but i can't see a skyfather having such problems with earth heroes even with the aid of his generals.

I always have seen thanos as a mid-high trans, there's people more formidable than him physically in the tier IMO and no one is calling them skyfather.

Plus zeus is a skyfather only by name, there's too much shit on his story to put him as odin's equal.

Cogito
Originally posted by JuggernautMania
is there any?

Zeus is considered to be a "weak" Skyfather on these boards not because of poor feats, but an utter lack of feats when compared to someone like Odin.

So, any and all Skyfathers who are likewise feat deficient should be considered as weak or weaker.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Yes

Serpent among others.

Serpent? The hype alone is way better then anything Zeus has under his belt.

Originally posted by Cogito
Zeus is considered to be a "weak" Skyfather on these boards not because of poor feats, but an utter lack of feats when compared to someone like Odin.

So, any and all Skyfathers who are likewise feat deficient should be considered as weak or weaker.

Not true. He has some shitty feats as well. sad

Cogito
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Not true. He has some shitty feats as well. sad

What are you thinking of?

zopzop
Originally posted by Cogito
What are you thinking of?
Abhi posted lots of of less than stellar showings Zeus had. Ask him nicely and he may repost them here big grin

Terryc250

I don't think he has physical strength that Skyfathers have. I don't see him doing to Hulk what Zeus did. The only thing he has going for him is maybe skyfather level durability, but having just that isn't enough to give him the title.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Serpent? The hype alone is way better then anything Zeus has under his belt.

Odin=Zeus > Serpent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.