Hulk vs. Superman Re-Analyzed (Read OP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkRaiden
Ok look at these 3 videos

Part 1: Hulk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmjHaiO59lc

Part 2: Superman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GSZFT406Fs

Part 3: The Winner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ2ai9hJkV8

And see if they change your thoughts on the match.

Then it's:

Round 1: Morals On, In character

Round 2: Morals Off, BFR off, Fight to the death
1. Savage Hulk vs. Post-Crisis Superman
2. Worldbreaker Hulk vs. Post-Crisis Superman
3. Indestructible Hulk vs. Post-Crisis Superman

I'm also curious to know if the videos influenced your vote or at least your thoughts on this fight in anyway.

quanchi112
Hulk in all three.

God Cloth Seiya
Supes in 1 and 3

Rao Kal El
Superman morals off beats hulk.

abhilegend
Superman in 1 and 3.

The Sorrow
1. Superman
2. Hulk
3. Hulk

abhilegend
Current hulk would lose to post-crisis Superman, no two doubts about it.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hulk in all three.

This, but one can go either way, depending on how pissed Hulk is.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Current hulk would lose to post-crisis Superman, no two doubts about it.

That's your opinion.

abhilegend
Nope, that's reality. Current hulk is shit.

carver9

Your opinion bro.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Your opinion bro.
You can say all you want, its not going to change anything. Superman is stronger, more durable and faster than Indestructible Hulk who doesn't shows the same level of anger/strength dynamic as other hulks.

carver9
You can say all you want, its not going to change anything. Superman is stronger, more durable and faster than Indestructible Hulk who doesn't shows the same level of anger/strength dynamic as other hulks.

I disagree and also, lets not try to comment on ending showings for either of these characters bc during the end, things wasn't looking good for Superman. Hell, during one point, it was stated on panel that Superman and STEEL was peers.

abhilegend
I disagree and also, lets not try to comment on ending showings for either of these characters bc during the end, things wasn't looking good for Superman. Hell, during one point, it was stated on panel that Superman and STEEL was peers.
At the end? Like when Superman was flat out stated to be most powerful being on planet a dozen times under one year? When did Steel was stated to be his peer?

Also he was overpowering five kryptonians at the same time in the end of DCU.

carver9
At the end? Like when Superman was flat out stated to be most powerfuyl being on planet a dozen times under one year? When did Steel was stated to be his peer?

Also he was overpowering five kryptonians at the same time in the end of DCU.

Scan on the way of the Steel showing. Clark power level was all over the place during the end. Hell, it took the entire kryptonian race to move the moon back into orbit. Lets not bring up them failing to stop a rogue moon. It's clear he was powerful but you acting like he is the be all god of the Heralds is just wrong. You need to rethink your opinion bro. Like I've said before, it's your opinion.

abhilegend
Scan on the way of the Steel showing. Clark power level was all over the place during the end. Hell, it took the entire kryptonian race to move the moon back into orbit. Lets not bring up them failing to stop a rogue moon. It's clear he was powerful but you acting like he is the be all god of the Heralds is just wrong. You need to rethink your opinion bro. Like I've said before, it's your opinion.
I would decide if the scene is legit or not. You're not that stupid, are you? The moon was travelling at near light speed and the sunstone made them unable to slow it down since they couldn't break the relativistic field around it.

Also the kryptonians were needed because Superman feared that the moon would break apart if stopped suddenly. Space cheese feats like that matter little anyway. Fights and comparisons are what matter and he was as big as ever, even higher in some comparisons.

He wasn't gods of HHs, but he was among top three as Surfer/Thor/Superman. Current hulk isn't.

StiltmanFTW
So much analysis in this thread and Mindset still didn't show up?

quanchi112
You can say all you want, its not going to change anything. Superman is stronger, more durable and faster than Indestructible Hulk who doesn't shows the same level of anger/strength dynamic as other hulks. No, he isn't.

TrevorPhillipss
It's very simple, the intelligent people with IQ's over 90 agree that Superman would win, everyone else would think Hulk.

God Cloth Seiya
No, he isn't. scans to back up your claim.

quanchi112
Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
scans to back up your claim. Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
scans to back up your claim. It is an opinion only based off two characters that have never met.

Golgo13
Superman in 1 and 3.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
Based on ?

The Sorrow
He's still powerful though, and his strength is far more plot device now than in has been in the recent past.

abhilegend
Originally posted by The Sorrow
He's still powerful though, and his strength is far more plot device now than in has been in the recent past.
Oh he's powerful but the main thing which made Hulk so dangerous, anger/strength dynamic is almost non-existent in this hulk. His strength is plot devicey but only against random objects and oneshot characters. His record against established top tiers is meh like getting KOed by residual lightning on Thor's body.

The Sorrow
Oh he's powerful but the main thing which made Hulk so dangerous, anger/strength dynamic is almost non-existent in this hulk. His strength is plot devicey but only against random objects and oneshot characters. His record against established top tiers is meh like getting KOed by residual lightning on Thor's body.
That could be due to the fact he seems to ramp up his strength quicker, he is basically as strong as he needs to be now and his hard durability has significantly improved over say, Paks Hulk too.

Well every character has lower end showings, but being flash ko'd/stunned by Thor's lightning when the same attack ko'd Thor himself isn't actually that low when you look at the context.

quanchi112
That could be due to the fact he seems to ramp up his strength quicker, he is basically as strong as he needs to be now and his hard durability has significantly improved over say, Paks Hulk too.

Well every character has lower end showings, but being flash ko'd/stunned by Thor's lightning when the same attack ko'd Thor himself isn't actually that low when you look at the context. Exactly. When applying the same standards or principles to other characters things suddenly change.

abhilegend

Well every character has lower end showings, but being flash ko'd/stunned by Thor's lightning when the same attack ko'd Thor himself isn't actually that low when you look at the context.
Does he? I don't think I've seen him getting stronger like savage.

Thor was KOED by over exertion, not by lightning itself IIRC. Savage wasn't ever that susceptible to the point he gets KOED by residual lightning.

carver9

Thor was KOED by over exertion, not by lightning itself IIRC. Savage wasn't ever that susceptible to the point he gets KOED by residual lightning.

Are you really going that route ABHI? Stop lowballing, bc again, things wasn't as you are making it when it came to Superman.

abhilegend
Are you really going that route ABHI? Stop lowballing, bc again, things wasn't as you are making it when it came to Superman.
You ever got that scan? Tell me the issue number and I would do it for you.

carver9
You ever got that scan? Tell me the issue number and I would do it for you.

It was said during Doomsdays war. I have all of the issues and I am reading through it. I'm also looking for that scene where it was stated that a continent buster would kill Superman.

abhilegend
It was said during Doomsdays war. I have all of the issues and I am reading through it. I'm also looking for that scene where it was stated that a continent buster would kill Superman.
Sure thing buddy. Steel said that he couldn't survive the ship crashing but he survived it anyway. What does that have to with anything? A mountain peak destroying blast KOED this Hulk, a continent buster would probably vaporize him.

I would wait where Steel was said to be a peer of Superman though.

Also just before that Superman took around a dozen blasts from a nigh-omnipotent Lex Luthor without going down and a blast from an omnipotent Lex with only a short KO.

carver9
Sure thing buddy. Steel said that he couldn't survive the ship crashing but he survived it anyway. What does that have to with anything? A mountain peak destroying blast KOED this Hulk, a continent buster would probably vaporize him.

I would wait where Steel was said to be a peer of Superman though.

Also just before that Superman took around a dozen blasts from a nigh-omnipotent Lex Luthor without going down and a blast from an omnipotent Lex with only a short KO.

He survived it because the ship was slowed AFTER the comment of the continent buster. Doomsday himself assisted in slowing the ship. Superman didn't deny that a continent buster would have killed him either. Also, when did a mountain buster ko Hulk? Especially this version of Hulk that has, to my knowledge, tanked 2 nukes to the face without damage.

Lol, the Lex showing is so inconsistent, it's crazy and it was also explained why Superman survived that encounter. Wish I had the scans on me.

abhilegend
He survived it because the ship was slowed AFTER the comment of the continent buster. Doomsday himself assisted in slowing the ship. Superman didn't deny that a continent buster would have killed him either. Also, when did a mountain buster ko Hulk? Especially this version of Hulk that has, to my knowledge, tanked 2 nukes to the face without damage.

Lol, the Lex showing is so inconsistent, it's crazy and it was also explained why Superman survived that encounter. Wish I had the scans on me.
Haha, what? The ship was slowing at that point and then everyone was clear as Superman and the rest of the guys slowed it down. Doomslayer was stated to die in that blast too, so it was clear that any top tier would've died in that attack.

Inconsistent? The Zone child awakened and started limiting Lex's power but untill he was totally drained of power Lex was creating universal peace, cancelling out Death and shit like that. Superman fought and took attacks from an abstract. There is nothing inconsistent with it. Heck, Lex himself said he needs omnipotence to kill Superman. I know it chafes your ass but Superman is THE king in high end feats.

The Sorrow

Current Hulk is "Savage" Hulk.

It think that is the case, but it must have been very powerful for Thor to pass out from his own attack, it seemed more akin to the pure innate lighting he uses on occasion. Hulk caught Thor falling whose body was still visibly supercharged, and got an unexpected blast for his troubles which ko'd him for 30 seconds. You would have a point if the two were actually fighting and resisting each other but they were working together at that stage.

abhilegend
Current Hulk is "Savage" Hulk.

It think that is the case, but it must have been very powerful for Thor to pass out from his own attack, it seemed more akin to the pure innate lighting he uses on occasion. Hulk caught Thor falling whose body was still visibly supercharged, and got an unexpected blast for his troubles which ko'd him for 30 seconds. You would have a point if the two were actually fighting and resisting each other but they were working together at that stage.
Which has appeared for one issue. Indestructible Hulk is the shitty Waid Hulk who doesn't says anything. There is a difference.

Nah, not supercharged. Just the residue of that lightning. It was embarrassing as a Hulk fan TBH.

carver9
Haha, what? The ship was slowing at that point and then everyone was clear as Superman and the rest of the guys slowed it down. Doomslayer was stated to die in that blast too, so it was clear that any top tier would've died in that attack.

Inconsistent? The Zone child awakened and started limiting Lex's power but untill he was totally drained of power Lex was creating universal peace, cancelling out Death and shit like that. Superman fought and took attacks from an abstract. There is nothing inconsistent with it. Heck, Lex himself said he needs omnipotence to kill Superman. I know it chafes your ass but Superman is THE king in high end feats.

Glad we got that it would have taken a continent buster to kill him. Stated in panel.

Scan of Lex saying that. Also, when was it stated that Lex was trying to kill him. Give me the issue number so that I can get this comic? I remember context being involved.

abhilegend
Glad we got that it would have taken a continent buster to kill him. Stated in panel.

Scan of Lex saying that. Also, when was it stated that Lex was trying to kill him. Give me the issue number so that I can get this comic? I remember context being involved.
It would've killed Doomslayer too who is beyond heralds. A gamma bomb killed Maestro who was twice as powerful as Hulk while not even the station which was nearby was destroyed. Its not the scope of power which makes a feat impressive or unimpressive. Its how it compares to other top tiers and shit.

http://i.imgur.com/oBQ8uM2.jpg

In the same issue.

http://i.imgur.com/kuvP01q.jpg

Its from Action Comics 900. Read and weep.

DarkRaiden

I have to disagree. If you watch the video:

Near the end, it shows Indestructible Hulk surviving and overpowering the weight of a supernova. A Supernova is, at least, a million times the mass of Earth. That's impressive strength. Also he's survived Absolute Zero (also in the video), and has walked through the timestream. It was shown that stopping time didn't even stop him from moving.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkRaiden

Near the end, it shows Indestructible Hulk surviving and overpowering the weight of a supernova. A Supernova is, at least, a million times the mass of Earth. That's impressive strength. Also he's survived Absolute Zero (also in the video), and has walked through the timestream. It was shown that stopping time didn't even stop him from moving.
And who cares about things such as these? Superman has lifted a book containing the whole of creation (52 universes) along with Captain Marvel, Superman has survived absolute zero, his clone eradicator has survived absolute zero and he has overpowered total time stop with his speed back in Byrne days. These kind of feats are meaningless in all reality.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkRaiden

That's not all hes done. He survived and tanked a weapon that can rip molecules on a subatomic level. He has also punched through indestructible shielding that no one could destroy...and on scene was a weapon that could cut through anything, including time. He also tanked a weapon that could melt adamantium and was moving during time stop. This doesn't include him punching through time reversing everything. This version of Hulk is a beast. He also one shot koed Graviton and was the only one to stun the Starbrand.

iscaremonkeys
HULK all day.

abhilegend
That's not all hes done. He survived and tanked a weapon that can rip molecules on a subatomic level. He has also punched through indestructible shielding that no one could destroy...and on scene was a weapon that could cut through anything, including time. He also tanked a weapon that could melt adamantium and was moving during time stop. This doesn't include him punching through time reversing everything. This version of Hulk is a beast. He also one shot koed Graviton and was the only one to stun the Starbrand.
laughing out loud

-Pr-
Superman in 1 and 3, both scenarios.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman in 1 and 3, both scenarios.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman and that anal-isis was just the butrthurt rant of some fanboy.

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman and that anal-isis was just the butrthurt rant of some fanboy.

He was on point just like you were in my Sig.

thumb up

h1a8
Superman in 1 and 3.
In 2. he has a chance if he bfr Hulk in the first nanosecond.
He may do this given basic knowledge of WBH.

LordofBrooklyn
Hulk in all three.

DAMN LIES!

I am especially interested in your rationale for Hulk winning the 3rd matchup.

quanchi112
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
DAMN LIES!

I am especially interested in your rationale for Hulk winning the 3rd matchup. Strength.

Prof. T.C McAbe
He was on point just like you were in my Sig.

thumb up

Nothing wrong with your sig, Superman operates at Trans+ level times too from time to time. Still the guy was just wrong, look at the poll, most think so wink.

LordofBrooklyn
Strength.

Superman is stronger than Hulk at default. Couple that with his superior speed and Banner is getting KO'D.

The Sorrow
Superman is stronger than Hulk at default.
Is he?

LordofBrooklyn
Is he?

Yes, he is.

quanchi112
Superman is stronger than Hulk at default. Couple that with his superior speed and Banner is getting KO'D. I disagree but hulk has dynamic strength unlike Superman.

iceman24567
Yes, he is. thumb up

The Sorrow
Yes, he is.
Based on?

carver9
He really isn't, especially going off recent fts. Hulk starts off at High Herald strength. This was proven when he was hit by the weight of a Super Nova and was ok afterwards.

LordofBrooklyn
I disagree but hulk has dynamic strength unlike Superman.

When Hulk regains consciousness the rage at being beaten and the dynamic strength will make the rematch interesting.

LordofBrooklyn
Based on?

Canon.

Pre-Boot Superman> Calm Hulk

carver9
Canon.

Pre-Boot Superman> Calm Hulk

How strong is a calm Hulk?

quanchi112
When Hulk regains consciousness the rage at being beaten and the dynamic strength will make the rematch interesting.

I disagree. Hulk is the one with the healing factor. His dynamic strength and healing factor seal the deal.

pym-ftw
They both have healing factors whistle

quanchi112
Originally posted by pym-ftw
They both have healing factors whistle They both have strength as well but one of them is clearly better than the other hence the Hulk victory.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.