Darth Bane orbalisks runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hutchy1345
I'm interested to know just how powerful his orbalisks make him.

Full rest and recovery

Scenarios
1) Sabers ONLY
2) All out
3) All out but no lightning

Opponents:

AOTC Anakin and Obi-wan
Grevious
Maul Brothers
Darth Malgus
Darth Caedus
Mace Windu
Yoda
Darth Sidious
Luke Skywalker

Btw all combatants are in their prime state!
Try to give a reason plz

hutchy1345
anybody?

Nephthys
Luke. But from Windu up its a tough fight.

AOTC Anakin and Obi-wan - Easy win

Grevious - Easy win

Maul Brothers - You saw the Sidious fight? Imagine that, but without Bane going easy on them

Darth Malgus - He's tough as hell and would be a good fight but my money is on Bane. The Orbalisks are too good.

Darth Caedus - About the same, though I'd put Malgus above him. He gives a fight but goes down

Mace Windu - Really close fight, but in the end I don't see Windu being able to penetrate Banes defense. Bane either gets a hit in with lightsaber or Force to end it.

Yoda - Really close fight, but in the end Yoda doesn't use the Force offensively so he isn't beating Bane that way and Bane has too much of an advantage with the orbalisks for Yoda to beat him.

Darth Sidious - A super close fight. In the end I still give it to Bane just by virtue of the orbalisks.

Luke Skywalker - He's Luke Skywalker.

Astor Ebligis
Which Sidious is this? Probably clears it but DE Sidious has a good chance in all out with the Force Storm.

With orbalisks I think Bane probably takes anybody that isn't on that God tier level such as people like Nihilus.

Intrepid37
He loses to the Zabrak brothers. If not, then he's dead at Caedus' hands.

hutchy1345
Surely without lightning attacks Bane is impossible to kill!

hutchy1345
is Malgus really above Caedus?
What feats support this because i think that Caedus fought on even terms with LUKE SKYWALKER surely he's incredibly powerful!

Intrepid37
Originally posted by hutchy1345
Surely without lightning attacks Bane is impossible to kill!
Bane's head and wrists are vulnerable.

Astor Ebligis
The orbalisks are so OP I think you have to be drastically more powerful than Bane to be able to compete with him in combat. Which is why I think he takes all the "normal" characters in a versus battle but still gets beaten by the God tier characters.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Intrepid37

http://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/nicolas-cage-laughing.gif

Good to see you're still a jokester Intrepid.

Originally posted by hutchy1345
is Malgus really above Caedus?
What feats support this because i think that Caedus fought on even terms with LUKE SKYWALKER surely he's incredibly powerful!

Caedus didn't really fight on even terms with Luke IMO. Luke demonstrated his superiority over Caedus multiple times.

Malgus is great though. Maybe look at some threads about him.

Intrepid37
Love you too, bro.

Nephthys
<3

You're so adorable. Like a little one-legged kitty eternally trying to walk straight.

Intrepid37
How evil of you not to take me to the doctor, then.

DarthAnt66
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/3-15-2014/p3Je5r.gif

NewGuy01
That is absolutely adorable.

Also, he loses at Caedus. If not, then Yoda.

Nephthys
How does Caedus beat Bane? Lightning? Caedus has some weak-ass lightning. TK? Bane is just as good at it if not better. Lightsabers? Orbalisks.

hutchy1345
Nobody is answering in terms of the three scenarios haha!

S_W_LeGenD
I think that Malgus is wrongly positioned; Bane can loose to him, Malgus not just can unleash extremely potent bursts of lightning but can also form protective bubble around himself to prevent Bane from overwhelming him with his Force powers.

At maximum, Bane may advance to Sidious's position if he is (very) lucky but Sidious will most likely eliminate him.

Unlikely

Intrepid37
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Unlikely
Not really.

S_W_LeGenD
Not really.
The only way to stop Bane is to rip his head off or destroy his orbalisks, both extremely difficult tasks.

I can imagine Sidious have the powers to outgun Bane but brothers and Caedus? Not really. Its not like Bane is defenseless or something.

Intrepid37
The only way to stop Bane is to rip his head off or destroy his orbalisks, both extremely difficult tasks.

I can imagine Sidious have the powers to outgun Bane but brothers and Caedus? Not really.
Caedus is more skilled and more powerful than Bane. The orbalisks will allow him to last longer than he normally would but in the end, he's going to be outdueled.

pencilcrayon
Wrists, legs, and head?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by pencilcrayon
Wrists, legs, and head?

The usually targets in a fencing match in any case.

Nephthys
Wait, legs?

Intrepid37
I don't think that Bane's legs are exposed.

Lord Stark
Lord Sidious force chokes Bane excellent

Nephthys
Ahahaha.

Sure.

Lord Stark
On a more serious note.

AOTC Anakin and Obi-wan
1. Bane 65:35
2. Bane 75:25
3. Bane 70:30

Grievous
1. Bane 85:15
2. Bane 100:0
3. Bane 90:10

Maul Brothers
1. Maul Brothers 55:45
2. Bane 65:35
3. Bane 60:40

Darth Malgus
1. Bane 60:40
2. Bane 60:40

Darth Caedus
1. Bane 55:45
2. Bane 55:45
3. Bane 55:45

Mace Windu
1. Mace 55:45
3. Even; adv Bane 51:49
Yoda
1. Yoda 65:35
2. Yoda 60:40
3. Yoda 60:40

Darth Sidious
1. Sidious 60:40
2. Sidious 65:35
3. Sidious 60:40

Luke Skywalker
1. Luke 70:30
2. Luke 70:30
3. Luke 70:30

Q99
I like the way you do your breakdowns, Stark.

Nephthys
I can't really see Bane losing to AotC Anakin and Obi in either lightsabers or the Force so much as once, never mind 35/25 times out of a hundred.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
I can't really see Bane losing to AotC Anakin and Obi in either lightsabers or the Force so much as once, never mind 35/25 times out of a hundred.

You must be joking.

*Skywalker rushes, gets taken out ala lightning temporarily. Kenobi duels him for awhile, Skywalker saber throws and cuts Bane's head off while distracted.

Remember the Exile was able to catch even Emperor Vitiate off guard and would have won were it not for her being intent on saving Revan. Similarly when Kenobi was down vs. Dooku Skywalker could have likely ended Dooku's life even as he ended Kenobi.

Bane wins a vast majority. But if you don't think if the two of them can't defeat him a few times out of a hundred you are mistaken imo.

Intrepid37
It'd probably be less five times, though.

Lord Stark
It'd probably be less five times, though.

All scenarios accounted for.

Kenobi and Skywalker go in with full knowledge of Bane's abilities, Bane has none of theirs.

In an open field? I don't really see Kenobi and Skywalker not having the capability to score a few victories.

Intrepid37
Originally posted by Lord Stark
All scenarios accounted for.

Kenobi and Skywalker go in with full knowledge of Bane's abilities, Bane has none of theirs.

In an open field? I don't really see Kenobi and Skywalker not having the capability to score a few victories.
''A few'' does qualify as around five or less, though.

NewGuy01
How does Caedus beat Bane? Lightning? Caedus has some weak-ass lightning. TK? Bane is just as good at it if not better. Lightsabers? Orbalisks.

He's infinitely more skilled, equally fast and powerful, has far more esoteric powers at his disposal, and he himself is very difficult to kill.

Lord Stark
''A few'' does qualify as around five or less, though.

Not out of a hundred it doesn't. In 10 matches Bane takes 7.5/10, and Kenobi and Skywalker take 3.5. That's a few.

Intrepid37
Not out of a hundred it doesn't. In 10 matches Bane takes 7.5/10, and Kenobi and Skywalker take 3.5. That's a few.
I really doubt they're going to take 3,5 out of 10.

Lord Stark
I really doubt they're going to take 3,5 out of 10.

They left Dooku winded gauntlet style. Together they'd stand a chance at victory according to Kenobi. And they don't take 3.5/10 they take 3/10.

Intrepid37
They left Dooku winded gauntlet style. Together they'd stand a chance at victory according to Kenobi. And they don't take 3.5/10 they take 3/10.
Fighting Dooku is not the same as fighting Bane, though.

Lord Stark
Fighting Dooku is not the same as fighting Bane, though.

I don't think Bane is going to dominate them to the point where there is no chance of victory. You'd need Sidious level speed and reactions for that.

Intrepid37
I don't think Bane is going to dominate them to the point where there is no chance of victory. You'd need Sidious level speed and reactions for that.
I'm not saying he would. I'm not even saying he's superior to Dooku. But Anakin's not powerful and skilled enough on his own to get a critical hit on Bane whose almost entire body is impervous to lightsaber hits, IMHO.

Lord Stark
I'm not saying he would. I'm not even saying he's superior to Dooku. But Anakin's not powerful and skilled enough on his own to get a critical hit on Bane whose almost entire body is impervous to lightsaber hits, IMHO.

I agree with that assertion entirely. If they worked together though? Also why do you have a problem with my Kenobi and Skywalker number when Grievous has a 85:15 vs. Bane.

Intrepid37
If they worked together though?
AOTC Kenobi is pretty lackluster aside a few good physical feats, and AOTC Anakin is ''only'' roughly even to Ventress. I'd think they could challenge him well enough, but Bane's physical edge is just too big.

Also why do you have a problem with my Kenobi and Skywalker number when Grievous has a 85:15 vs. Bane.
I never looked at your ratings. Grievous would be slaughtered by orbalisk Bane, though.

Astor Ebligis

Bane has the best speed feats out of any Force User, namely the rain dance he performs in DoE which is by far the best quantifiable speed feat in the mythos.

He doesn't have Sidious level speed, he has a level of speed far beyond that. With virtually indestructible armor covering 90% of his body. As well as a frightening level of talent with a lightsaber.

He crushes the AotC duo, realistically something like 999/1000

Intrepid37
lol

Nephthys
You must be joking.

Funny, I thought you were.

*Skywalker rushes, gets taken out ala lightning temporarily.

Um, temporarily? erm

Bane would reduce him to ash, lol.

Kenobi duels him for awhile, Skywalker saber throws and cuts Bane's head off while distracted.

If only he had some sixth sense called precognition that could warn him about that. Bane has sensed surprise attacks before. He's sensed groups of attackers who he couldn't even see. His senses are extremely good.

Also Kenobi would be utterly demolished in a 1on1 duel. Seriously, you think Kenobi can survive a single Force attack from Bane? Hilarious. And Skywalker would never tag an opponent as fast as Bane with a lightsaber throw.

Remember the Exile was able to catch even Emperor Vitiate off guard and would have won were it not for her being intent on saving Revan. Similarly when Kenobi was down vs. Dooku Skywalker could have likely ended Dooku's life even as he ended Kenobi.

I highly doubt Anakin could have killed Dooku. Dooku would have sensed his attack and dodged.

And with Vitiate it was specifically a case where Vitiate was pissed off enough to ignore the other combatants, who he thought were tied up in combat. Revan was giving him a good enough fight to draw all Vitiates attention. Kenobi could only draw Banes full attention if he stated doing the can-can whilst furiously masturbating.

Bane wins a vast majority. But if you don't think if the two of them can't defeat him a few times out of a hundred you are mistaken imo.

Bane would babyshake those chuckle heads.

Also he would whoop Grievous and the Maul brothers too.

Lord Stark
Funny, I thought you were.

Eh I may have overstated their chances.

Doubtful, but okay.

I am not denying that at all.

Depends on what you mean by that. Can Kenobi survive a force push from Bane? Sure. Can he likely deflect his lightning in short bursts? Sure. Can he tank a fully charged continuous blast of Bane's lightning? God no.

And I think he would if Bane is distracted enough or lets his guard down. These characters are in character afterall.

I doubt it as well. But battles aren't always as cut and dry as that.

Switch the roles then. I am sure Bane can get pissed off enough to ignore Kenobi or Skywalker to slip up.

Yes, he would. 70:30 matchup is a massive advantage.

Obviously. Grievous is 90:10 max. And the Maul brothers I disagree with.

hutchy1345
Bane is more powerful than the Maul Brothers for SURE!!!
Sidious took them down with ease half the time toying with them. Bane isn't Sidious I know but still he has his orbalisks and never of the Maul Brothers can use lightning. Also, after hearing about all those speed feats that Bane has i don't think a lot of this gauntlet are fast enough to even hit Bane never mind anywhere that isn't covered by the orbalisks!!!

I think that arguing over the lower opponents is pointless as he obviously clears them. It's the people like Malgus Caedus and Windu etc that are the main points of conversation and debate surely!?!?

Lord Stark
Never denied he wouldn't beat them. I just don't think it'll be a spanking. Revised numbers

AOTC Anakin and Obi-wan
1. Bane 80:20
2. Bane 90:10
3. Bane 85:15

Grievous
1. Bane 90:10
2. Bane 100:0
3. Bane 95:5

Maul Brothers
1. Maul Brothers 55:45
2. Bane 65:35

Darth Malgus
1. Bane 60:40

Darth Caedus
1. Bane 55:45
2. Bane 55:45
3. Bane 55:45

Mace Windu
1. Mace 55:45
3. Even; adv Bane 51:49
Yoda
1. Yoda 65:35
2. Yoda 60:40
3. Yoda 60:40

Darth Sidious
1. Sidious 60:40
2. Sidious 65:35
3. Sidious 60:40

Luke Skywalker
1. Luke 70:30
2. Luke 70:30
3. Luke 70:30

hutchy1345
I disagree with the maul brothers beating him in sabers
I just can't see them being fast enough OR strong enough!

Intrepid37
The only definite edge that Bane has against them is the protection provided by the orbalisk armor.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/3-15-2014/p3Je5r.gif

Originally posted by NewGuy01
That is absolutely adorable.

Raptor22
Everyone before malgus gets destroyed.. I'd give a slight majority to bane over malgus. Caedus and windu for an even split. Yoda and sidious I'd give a heavy majority say 7-8 out of 10. And against Luke bane gets maybe gets 1-100.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
Bane has the best speed feats out of any Force User, namely the rain dance he performs in DoE which is by far the best quantifiable speed feat in the mythos.

He doesn't have Sidious level speed, he has a level of speed far beyond that. With virtually indestructible armor covering 90% of his body. As well as a frightening level of talent with a lightsaber.

He crushes the AotC duo, realistically something like 999/1000 I don't think banes DoE speed feats can be used here unless the op specifies that its DoE bane with orbalisks. Bane didn't have the orbalisks when he did the rain feat and he doesn't have any speed feats even close to that when he had the orbs.

Astor Ebligis
He might have been even faster with the orbalisks, given that he was already incredibly powerful and was receiving a massive boost to his powers while wearing the armor.

In DoE he lacked such an advantage, though he did have ten years more experience.

Either way, he's already moved beyond the eyes of trained Force Users (as far back as PoD) and when Zannah was fighting him in RoT, from her perspective it looked like he was wielding twelve lightsabers. So he already has feats to put him on Sidious' level of speed, and later has a feat that puts him far beyond that level. With numerous other advantages that Sid's wouldn't have, namely the orbalisks and his overwhelming physical strength, as well as his talent with a lightsaber.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
He might have been even faster with the orbalisks, given that he was already incredibly powerful and was receiving a massive boost to his powers while wearing the armor.

In DoE he lacked such an advantage, though he did have ten years more experience.

Either way, he's already moved beyond the eyes of trained Force Users (as far back as PoD) and when Zannah was fighting him in RoT, from her perspective it looked like he was wielding twelve lightsabers. So he already has feats to put him on Sidious' level of speed, and later has a feat that puts him far beyond that level. With numerous other advantages that Sid's wouldn't have, namely the orbalisks and his overwhelming physical strength, as well as his talent with a lightsaber. I doubt he was faster with orbalisks and since he doesnt have any feats to suggest he was it's kind of moot.

The other feats u listed don't put him anywhere near sids level of speed.

Nephthys
Eh I may have overstated their chances.

A tad, perhaps.

Doubtful, but okay.

Why doubtful? Banes lightning has turned people to ash multiple times. Even if Skywalker can resist it a bit, he's still dying or out of the fight permenently.

Depends on what you mean by that. Can Kenobi survive a force push from Bane? Sure.

If Dooku can take out RotS Kenobi with a single Force attack, so can Bane. Except this is AotC Kenobi, who is quite a bit weaker than his older self.

Can he likely deflect his lightning in short bursts? Sure. Can he tank a fully charged continuous blast of Bane's lightning? God no.

Ok.

And I think he would if Bane is distracted enough or lets his guard down. These characters are in character afterall.

I just can't see Bane being distracted by AotC Kenobi at all. The man is woefully out of his depth in terms of the Force and lightsaber combat.

I doubt it as well. But battles aren't always as cut and dry as that.

Anakin may have surprised him in thye movie, but imo thats because he wasn't attacking Dooku. If he had, Dooku's danger sense would have piped up. Precognition is select towards danger iirc.

Switch the roles then. I am sure Bane can get pissed off enough to ignore Kenobi or Skywalker to slip up.

I feel like you're thinking about this being a remote possibility. I just can't see it. Bane is too far above these guys, his Force attacks are too lethal and he's way too well-protected.

Lord Stark
Yeah after giving it some thought, AOTCs Skywalker and Kenobi are out of their depth against Bane.

Nephthys
Cool. I respect that you have an open mind about this.

Lord Stark
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/django-gifs-13.gif

Stealth Moose
lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.