Thing vs Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Church of Rand or Anti Randians need not apply. There's gotta be someone who doesn't love him or hate him, and still knows enough to comment. smile

Who wins?

deathslash
Originally posted by cdtm
Church of Rand or Anti Randians need not apply. There's gotta be someone who doesn't love him or hate him, and still knows enough to comment. smile

Who wins? Danny looks in Ben's direction and all that he sees is a pile of differently weighted, large, orange rocks.

guy222
Ben

pym-ftw
Rand wins

JuggernautMania
Thing easily.

SamZED
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Rand wins
Originally posted by cdtm
Church of Rand need not apply. stick out tongue

Kazenji
Can Iron Fist really win?....or is that just hype surrounding him on these forums.

JuggernautMania
just hype. wolverine kicked his ass, recently he got his ass kicked as well. everybody rely only on his iron fist. but the iron fist is at best a class 100 attack, thing can take that, if thing can trade blows with hulk he will take it no problem.

deathslash
Originally posted by Kazenji
Can Iron Fist really win?....or is that just hype surrounding him on these forums. it's not really a lot of hype. Danny punched a speeding bullet train full of nukes and when it blew up he didn't have a single scratch on him, he punched a helicarrier in half, and he has also smacked around Skaar.there are more feats that I can't remember offhand. Originally posted by JuggernautMania
just hype. wolverine kicked his ass, recently he got his ass kicked as well. everybody rely only on his iron fist. but the iron fist is at best a class 100 attack, thing can take that, if thing can trade blows with hulk he will take it no problem. Are you talking about their sparring match where Danny explicitly tells Logan that he wasn't giving it his best effort? I think that you're ignoring the first time that they met and danny kicked his ass without even getting hit. Danny has also punked sabretooth on multiple occasions. Who are you talking about that beat Danny?

JuggernautMania
Originally posted by deathslash
Are you talking about their sparring match where Danny explicitly tells Logan that he wasn't giving it his best effort? I think that you're ignoring the first time that they met and danny kicked his ass without even getting hit. Danny has also punked sabretooth on multiple occasions. Who are you talking about that beat Danny?

and i was wondering who will be the tool to say the guy with fisting fatish can beat the thing. what a surprise.
as i pointed out ben took hits that would vaporize your fisting king, and ben took hits that put the iron fist to shame.
wolverine sparring with danny was a fight without wolverine using his claws and danny without using the iron fist. danny got tooled. and recently he got beat h2h look up the ownage thread.
danny beat classic sabretooth who was a complete joke back when he was just a seriel killer with a glove.
1 hit from ben and danny is fisted. a hit from danny wont take ben out. ben wins.

DarkSaint85
Yes, but Danny is more skilled and faster.

Isn't that what you're arguing re: Taskmaster/Bane?

JuggernautMania
the gao between thing and iron fist is too huge to be closed by fighting skills Lol.

DarkSaint85
He's much faster though.

And he is skilled enough to have a one shot kill weapon in the form of the Iron Fist.

So not sure why you're laughing? Check his respect thread out. He fights the Wrecking Crew, so big, strong, Thor-level bruisers (i.e. stronger than Ben). He owns them.

deathslash
Originally posted by JuggernautMania
and i was wondering who will be the tool to say the guy with fisting fatish can beat the thing. what a surprise.
as i pointed out ben took hits that would vaporize your fisting king, and ben took hits that put the iron fist to shame.
wolverine sparring with danny was a fight without wolverine using his claws and danny without using the iron fist. danny got tooled. and recently he got beat h2h look up the ownage thread.
danny beat classic sabretooth who was a complete joke back when he was just a seriel killer with a glove.
1 hit from ben and danny is fisted. a hit from danny wont take ben out. ben wins. I'm asking you a simple question and you have to act like a douche? real classy.

Danny explicitly said that he was using about 30% of his actual skill while Logan said that he was using about 80%. Ignoring both of their statements severely weakens your argument. You're also ignoring that Danny tooled Logan in their first fight. You also ignored my statement on how Danny ragdolled Skaar. So getting taken out momentarily by a tiger god possessed White Tiger (who went on to tool Cage and She Hulk) is a bad showing?
the gao between thing and iron fist is too huge to be closed by fighting skills Lol. Fighting skills and speed actually matter a whole lot(just look at Karate Kid or the Mandarin).

cdtm
Wolverine/Logan.. Logan wins a point. Not a beatdown or KO. Same thing happened against Luke Cage and Bob Diamond (Sona of The Tiger character) In Power Man and Iron Fist.

It's a good showing for Logan, but if it went the other way I wouldn't hold it up as some kind of definitive proof.

DarkSaint85
I'm asking you a simple question and you have to act like a douche? real classy.

Danny explicitly said that he was using about 30% of his actual skill while Logan said that he was using about 80%. Ignoring both of their statements severely weakens your argument. You're also ignoring that Danny tooled Logan in their first fight. You also ignored my statement on how Danny ragdolled Skaar. So getting taken out momentarily by a tiger god possessed White Tiger (who went on to tool Cage and She Hulk) is a bad showing?

Not to mention, the White Tiger owned Shuma. A toenail's worth of his presence, sure, but still, it shows what kind of level it's at.

deathslash
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Not to mention, the White Tiger owned Shuma. A toenail's worth of his presence, sure, but still, it shows what kind of level it's at. thumb up

leonidas
ben is certainly capable of winning this fight, but danny would make things tough. i'd take ben for a small majority methinks.

JayDaDon
I say the Iron fist (the attack) would take Ben out. Plus I just dont see Ben landing a hit on him.

leonidas
a shockwave could certainly slow danny down. busting up the street would also hinder him badly. i don't think danny can one-shot ben, at least not most of the time. ben is obviously nowhere near as skilled as danny but he's a very good and smart h2h fighter as well. be an interesting match up of styles, but i'd still go with ben, barely, if it came right down to it.

zopzop
Thing easily.

BruceSkywalker
Ben says "It's Clobberin' time", Danny calls forth the Iron Fist, Ben gets knocked clear across the country..

the end

JayDaDon
thumb up in character we all know ben is just gonna try to punch Danny, til he punches back and its night night.

golem370
Thing catches Rands punch and sends him into a coma

StiltmanFTW
Lord Rand.

Thing is too slow, too dumb and just too much of a loser.

SamZED
Where the hell is Bentley?

golem370
If Hulk can grab his hand Thing is fast enough.

golem370
If he can take this Iron Fist could punch him all day and nothing

deathslash
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Lord Rand.

Thing is too slow, too dumb and just too much of a loser. the price of fame is high, and the thing just can't pay the way.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by golem370
If he can take this Iron Fist could punch him all day and nothing

Lol at him "taking" that. That knocked him stupid. Besides, if the IF can take out speeding trains and ragnaroc it should really eff up Ben.

Magog
Danny looks in Ben's direction and all that he sees is a pile of differently weighted, large, orange rocks.
yes

iscaremonkeys
Ben Grimm is so underrated he wins this on better Strength and duribility

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I say the Iron fist (the attack) would take Ben out. Plus I just dont see Ben landing a hit on him. ben is alot faster than you'd think. His speed was always complimented on in every fight he had with hulk. Alot more durable too. he one survived falling from space

golem370
The whole attack with Gladiator put Thing down for 15 minutes and then punch a bus in the air imo no punch Iron Fist could throw would do much damage.

iscaremonkeys
well i just wanted to post these
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2819949-fantasticfour_3_thegroup_017.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2819951-fantasticfour_3_thegroup_018.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/api/image/original/2728342- 2384101_thing___lifting_enormous_equipment_panel_c
olor_6x_lrg_super.jpg

deathslash
Originally posted by Magog
yes thumb up

Tony Stark
Ben without question wins 11/10

cdtm
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Ben without question wins 11/10

Tony's drunk again..

Did you consult your good friend Jack Daniels or Johnny Walker on this one, Tony Stark? smile

JuggernautMania
I'm asking you a simple question and you have to act like a douche? real classy.

Fighting skills and speed actually matter a whole lot(just look at Karate Kid or the Mandarin).

i respond the way i feel people deserve, if you dont like it i dont care much.
i dont remember them stating anything like that at all. as a matter of fact i doubt that but i might be wrong. even if so wolverine still beat him easily, so even as 30% and 80% doesnt say much because we dont know how it would go by evenly matched percents.

my whole point to begin with is that irn fist isnt karate kid, his skill level isnt something out of this world. he was easily matched by shang chi and other fighters, he is perhaps slightly more skilled than them but not by a merge at all. the only thing he has that can give ben any trouble is the iron fist. and ben took punches from an all out hulk. an all out gladiator. and many more which i assure you hit harder than iron fist. but i can also assure you that iron fist wont be able to dance for very long when he will get hit by thing.

basilisk
Ben doesn't get many battles he can win on this forum, and I'm still not sure if this is one of them.

Now Thing isn't Hulk, but I can remember at least twice when Rand IF'd the Hulk, the first was something like "the most powerful blow he had every struck", and it did basically nothing. The second time Hulk grabbed his fist and contained the entire blow, hurting Danny in the process. That gives some idea of where IF sits, but IF has been upgraded since then and like I said, Thing isn't Hulk.

I can also remember Danny using the IF on Thing at least once, but it seemed to be a glancing blow and not much was shown.

As far as Thing vs MA goes, Thing was not affected by Moondragon's pressure point attacks, but was dropped with a single pressure point attack from Gamora. IF is definitely faster than Ben.

Given IF's upgrades I might give him the majority here, but Ben can win some if he is lucky.

YFZ 350
Iron Fist wins.

golem370
He wins them all

deathslash
i respond the way i feel people deserve, if you dont like it i dont care much.
i dont remember them stating anything like that at all. as a matter of fact i doubt that but i might be wrong. even if so wolverine still beat him easily, so even as 30% and 80% doesnt say much because we dont know how it would go by evenly matched percents.

my whole point to begin with is that irn fist isnt karate kid, his skill level isnt something out of this world. he was easily matched by shang chi and other fighters, he is perhaps slightly more skilled than them but not by a merge at all. the only thing he has that can give ben any trouble is the iron fist. and ben took punches from an all out hulk. an all out gladiator. and many more which i assure you hit harder than iron fist. but i can also assure you that iron fist wont be able to dance for very long when he will get hit by thing. You should probably reread that comic again because immediatly after the sparring match, they said how much of their actual skill they were using. We do know how an actual fight between them would go because Danny already beat him in their first encounter together.

Dream Stuff
To me this come down to superior speed and skill and pressure points with the chi of the dragon behind then. I don't think Dannycan just one or two shot Ben with an IF punch, but that isn't what he really counts on anyway.

Danny 6/10

golem370
Thing has battle people who hit harder then Iron Fist Ben is an experienced fighter and has one of the biggest hearts for fighting the anyone. He shouldn't and imo wouldn't lose

iscaremonkeys
the thing lowbail is strong in this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.