The Renegade Doctor Vs Loki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/ED_zps3f73bbf7.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/LOK_zps2f028d86.jpg

DarkRaiden
Um...what has this Renegade Doctor done to be on Loki's level? Loki's top tier in magic AND intelligence. Offensively and trickery.

Digi
Kinda depends. Do we want to grant him the memories of his predecessors and contemporaries, like every other Doctor? Or are we only giving him the feats from his, I think, 6-issue run?

Oh wait, what am I saying? Doctor stomps regardless. This is just a mismatch. Loki's smart enough to come up with something in prep (provided the prep is lopsided). But this is a forum match.

carver9
Doctor stomps no contest what so ever.

Digi
That scan Golgo posted is actually one of the scarier Doctor feats out there (along with the page before it). His powers work based on thought, right? So what the hell is he doing reforming his brain after it's been turned to mush by Apollo? I'm not sure if there's an explanation that works with all of his other showings...there are a couple remote possibilities that are congruent (though neither are likely). Mostly it's just an insane feat that doesn't match with a few other instances, but quite possibly sets an inconceivably high-level precedent for the Doctor's regenerative abilities.

Rage.Of.Olympus
From what I remember of the Renegade Doctor, he said he could do stuff like eat the Sun and so on. Then again, that was Mark Millar being Mark Millar. He had Ultimate Loki saying stuff like he could bend the Universe to his will etc. So let's keep things in perspective and not start tossing them into the Skyfather tier or something. Classic Loki is just as much of a reality warper and has had his power compared to the likes of Dormammu and so on.

That being said, the Renegade Doctor erased dozens of alternate Wildstorm heroes (Majestic, Apollo, Jack copies etc.) easily which I view to be way beyond Loki's capabilities and something closer to Skyfather level.

BUT again, the very reason they were there to be owned in a single panel was because they were disposable, featless, alternate characters that are often treated as fodder.

So I guess I'll give it to the Doctor because his power level was implied to be beyond someone like Loki. Even though he didn't do anything Loki has not been able to accomplish as far as I remember and we already know a bootleg copy of Loki under Mark Millar got the same comments that will be the only thing Carver considers.

Man, that post was a lot longer then I expected. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.