Best/worst Mutants

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
Who wins these categories for mutants? Leave out all the stupid reality warping ridiculous characters like Jaspers, HOM Wanda, high-end Legion, Phoenix types etc. And this isn't about your favorite or hated characters, so even if you love or hate a character try to judge fairly...

1) Physically strongest

2) Best H2H fighter with all powers off and peak human physical stats

3) Most honorable and trustworthy

4) Least honorable and trustworthy

5) MVP - of the mutants who are (or have been) members of an official team, who is the most valuable member or first pick for a team

6) LVP - of the mutants who are (or have been) members of an official team, who is the least valuable member or last pick for a team, brings least to the table etc.

7) Most creative with powerset

8) Least creative with powerset

9) Flat out dumbest

10) Most popular amongst his/her peers

11) Least popular amongst his/her peers

SamZED
3, 7 - Squirrel Girl.

8swords
1) Physically strongest -- juggernaut by feats, gentle by potential.

2) Best H2H fighter with all powers off and peak human physical stats - would've said wolverine, but the way they ****ked up the character made me changed my mind, scott for me.

3) Most honorable and trustworthy, in comics logan

6) LVP - toad, as far as i know

7) Most creative with powerset - wanted to say iceman, but somethin's tellin me that its either him or a tie with rogue, hmm

8) Least creative with powerset - logan, has the most and I mean most, even said it on panel, experience. but always uses the same tactic of running into a fight head on and relying on his HF , then wades out the enemy then cuts'em

10) Most popular amongst his/her peers - popular as in known by most? scott obviously

11) Least popular amongst his/her peers - carver

KingD19
1. Colossus - He has the highest strength and durability feats of any Homo Superior mutant.

2. Wolverine - He has a few hundred years of fighting experience under his belt. He often doesn't showcase his skill because he doesn't need to. But in this case he would and the difference between him and all the others would be clear.

3. This is hard. As most of the adults have done something sheisty at some point or another. Gateway I think is a good answer. He helped the X-Men several times for no reason other than it being the right thing to do. He helped the Marauders to stop them from murdering his fellow aboriginals and destroying his home, and he sacrificed his life to save Psylocke and several others recently. He was pretty much selfless. He also trained Manifold/Eden Fesi and allowed him to join the Secret Warriors and then the Avengers. And at several times Eden has saved the day.

4. I don't think there's any one answer for this. There's so many people. Sabretooth, Sinister, Daken, Mystique, Magik, Fabian Cortez, etc... The list goes on for days.

5. This is another hard choice. As the X-men have all pulled off some spectacular victories over the years. I think they could all be MVP's, it just really depends on what you want out of that team. Shadowcat would be picked first for an infiltration unit for example. Colossus would be picked if they needed some heavy hitters.
Cyclops if they needed tactics or some heavy duty firepower, etc...

6. Beak...no, Doop. Wait...No-Girl? She's sorta useful...Angel Salvadore? Nah, It's either Beak or Doop.

7. Iceman is a strong contender, mainly because his abilities are so versatile while most are pretty straight forward. When Rogue could call up powers she'd absorbed at will, she'd probably be a good pick, but she can't do that anymore. On the physical power side of things, I'll say tie between Iceman and Storm.

I'd say Magik, but a lot of that stuff is magical not mutant in nature. On the more mental aspect, I'll say Doctor Nemesis and Forge tie. They've both created some crazy shit, and Nemesis at one point transcended the 3rd dimension and conquered the 11th dimension in a few moments. He became a god within it and overpowered a genius who'd been studying it for decades.

8. Storm I think. She can do so much more than she showcases a lot of the time. She mostly goes for overt power, but could pull off a crap load of stuff with her weather manipulation.

9. Toad. He was bullied by the Brotherhood for years and took it all because he didn't think he could do better.

10. Nightcrawler. Everybody likes Nightcrawler. All the X-Men, all the students. There's not a good mutant around that doesn't like Kurt Wagner. Most widely known is Cyclops though, no doubt.

11. For the good guys, it's a split between Wolverine, Bishop and Cyclops. Cyclops is hated by much of the mutant community and like, pretty much the majority of the hero community. Wolverine is likewise hated by most of the mutant community, and a large portion of the hero community as well, but not to the extent of Cyclops. Bishop tried to kill Hope as a baby and the entirety of the X-Men and their affiliates pretty much hate him. Even Storm and the others who were with him in the new X-Force and found out how shit his life has been and how hard he's tried to repent still don't treat him great. Difference is, Cyclops and Bishop have legit reasons. Logan is just an a$$hole. For the bad guys...Toad.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by 8swords

11) Least popular amongst his/her peers - carver

Is Juggernaut a mutant? Or are they using the X-Men:Evolution excuse for that nowadays?

I agree with 11.

KingD19
Originally posted by 8swords

3) Most honorable and trustworthy, in comics logan

8) Least creative with powerset - logan, has the most and I mean most, even said it on panel, experience. but always uses the same tactic of running into a fight head on and relying on his HF , then wades out the enemy then cuts'em

Just wanted to point out/ask a few things -

1. Juggernaut is not a mutant. He's a magically powered human like White Tiger or Iron Fist. At one point he could use magic like Strange and Doom, but that's moot since he lost that.

3. You seriously think Logan is honorable and trustworthy after all the backstabbing and double crossing and straight up betraying he's done? Plus how he treats the people he's supposed to consider family and friends like shit most of the time? Up until the point she died, he wanted to steal his best friends wife.

8. How can Logan exactly be creative with a healing factor and claws? It doesn't leave much room for ingenuity. In fact, using his powers how he does is pretty much the only way to use them.

KingD19
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Is Juggernaut a mutant? Or are they using the X-Men:Evolution excuse for that nowadays?

He's never been a mutant in any continuity aside from X3, and Evo where he was a latent mutant whose powers were activated by mysticism. In 616 he's a guy with magic demon powers.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by KingD19
1. Colossus - He has the highest strength and durability feats of any Homo Superior mutant.

2. Wolverine - He has a few hundred years of fighting experience under his belt. He often doesn't showcase his skill because he doesn't need to. But in this case he would and the difference between him and all the others would be clear.

3. This is hard. As most of the adults have done something sheisty at some point or another. Gateway I think is a good answer. He helped the X-Men several times for no reason other than it being the right thing to do. He helped the Marauders to stop them from murdering his fellow aboriginals and destroying his home, and he sacrificed his life to save Psylocke and several others recently. He was pretty much selfless. He also trained Manifold/Eden Fesi and allowed him to join the Secret Warriors and then the Avengers. And at several times Eden has saved the day.

4. I don't think there's any one answer for this. There's so many people. Sabretooth, Sinister, Daken, Mystique, Magik, Fabian Cortez, etc... The list goes on for days.

5. This is another hard choice. As the X-men have all pulled off some spectacular victories over the years. I think they could all be MVP's, it just really depends on what you want out of that team. Shadowcat would be picked first for an infiltration unit for example. Colossus would be picked if they needed some heavy hitters.
Cyclops if they needed tactics or some heavy duty firepower, etc...

6. Beak...no, Doop. Wait...No-Girl? She's sorta useful...Angel Salvadore? Nah, It's either Beak or Doop.

7. Iceman is a strong contender, mainly because his abilities are so versatile while most are pretty straight forward. When Rogue could call up powers she'd absorbed at will, she'd probably be a good pick, but she can't do that anymore. On the physical power side of things, I'll say tie between Iceman and Storm.

I'd say Magik, but a lot of that stuff is magical not mutant in nature. On the more mental aspect, I'll say Doctor Nemesis and Forge tie. They've both created some crazy shit, and Nemesis at one point transcended the 3rd dimension and conquered the 11th dimension in a few moments. He became a god within it and overpowered a genius who'd been studying it for decades.

8. Storm I think. She can do so much more than she showcases a lot of the time. She mostly goes for overt power, but could pull off a crap load of stuff with her weather manipulation.

9. Toad. He was bullied by the Brotherhood for years and took it all because he didn't think he could do better.

10. Nightcrawler. Everybody likes Nightcrawler. All the X-Men, all the students. There's not a good mutant around that doesn't like Kurt Wagner. Most widely known is Cyclops though, no doubt.

11. For the good guys, it's a split between Wolverine, Bishop and Cyclops. Cyclops is hated by much of the mutant community and like, pretty much the majority of the hero community. Wolverine is likewise hated by most of the mutant community, and a large portion of the hero community as well, but not to the extent of Cyclops. Bishop tried to kill Hope as a baby and the entirety of the X-Men and their affiliates pretty much hate him. Even Storm and the others who were with him in the new X-Force and found out how shit his life has been and how hard he's tried to repent still don't treat him great. Difference is, Cyclops and Bishop have legit reasons. Logan is just an a$$hole. For the bad guys...Toad.

Woah woah woah.

Doop is an MVP.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Kp4ds7dXo3s/UJm4hv8P9TI/AAAAAAAAIIQ/LTwdQmftbHE/s1600/Wolverine+&+XMen+17024.jpg

KingD19
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Woah woah woah.

Doop is an MVP.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Kp4ds7dXo3s/UJm4hv8P9TI/AAAAAAAAIIQ/LTwdQmftbHE/s1600/Wolverine+&+XMen+17024.jpg

.....................I never ever saw that scan before today. I retract Doop from LVP and switch him to MVP status immediately.

He's alpha as f*ck.

cool

DarkSaint85
.....................I never ever saw that scan before today. I retract Doop from LVP and switch him to MVP status immediately.

He's alpha as f*ck.

cool

Wolverine and the X-men #17. Everyone asks what does Doop actually do for the school, and they show how Logan begged Doop to work for him, doing whatever it takes to help keep the school running.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Xdsz5Zfq90o/UJm4psbLk9I/AAAAAAAAIIY/BnjIC2Gff7I/s1600/Wolverine+&+XMen+17025.jpg

KingD19
See, that's why. I hate Wolverine & The X-Men mainly because it's so much Wolverine being an ******* and everyone being okay with that.

juggernaut74

Ummm what about Namor?

KingD19
I don't consider Namor a full mutant since he's half Atlantean which already gives him advanced strength/durability, etc... But he is a mutant, and I also forgot about him, lol.

Silent Master
Worst mutant = Wolverine

pym-ftw
1) Physically strongest: Juggy

2) Best H2H fighter with all powers off and peak human physical stats: Silver Samurai

3) Most honorable and trustworthy: Prof X

4) Least honorable and trustworthy: Mr. Sinister

5) MVP - of the mutants who are (or have been) members of an official team, who is the most valuable member or first pick for a Team: Elixer

6) LVP - of the mutants who are (or have been) members of an official team, who is the least valuable member or last pick for a team, brings least to the table etc.: Wolverine

7) Most creative with powerset: Iceman/Magneto

8) Least creative with powerset: Cyclops

9) Flat out dumbest:

10) Most popular amongst his/her dumbest: idk

11) Least popular amongst his/her peers: Shadowcat.

iscaremonkeys
1) Physically strongest colossus

2) Best H2H fighter with all powers off and peak human physical stats Isent DeadPool TECHNICALLY a mutant (or half mutant)

3) Most honorable and trustworthy Easily professer X

4) Least honorable and trustworthy mistique

5) MVP - of the mutants who are (or have been) members of an official team, who is the most valuable member or first pick for a team Jean grey or cyclops

6) LVP - of the mutants who are (or have been) members of an official team, who is the least valuable member or last pick for a team, brings least to the table etc. JUBILEE

7) Most creative with powerset Gambit or nightcrawler

8) Least creative with powerset more jubilee

9) Flat out dumbest idk... Blob?

storm and her sexiness
Wolverine cause hes always ****ing mad

KingD19
Juggernaut's a mutant?

iscaremonkeys
Juggernaut's a mutant? no.

KingD19
Xavier shouldn't be mentioned for Most Honorable/Trustworthy. He's done a lot of deceptive and underhanded stuff. And he's admitted that he's not the saint he always portrays himself as.

iscaremonkeys
Xavier shouldn't be mentioned for Most Honorable/Trustworthy. He's done a lot of deceptive and underhanded stuff. And he's admitted that he's not the saint he always portrays himself as. i gave him the benefit of the doubt. Hes such a nice old bald guy. Do you agree that Least honorable and trustworthy is mistique?

pym-ftw
Juggernaut's a mutant? yes

KingD19
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
i gave him the benefit of the doubt. Hes such a nice old bald guy. Do you agree that Least honorable and trustworthy is mistique?

Mystique is definitely top 3 before you start getting to the super powerful tiers. She's pretty much betrayed everyone she's ever worked with at least once. Even her kids, multiple times.

And yeah Xavier's nice, but he was also part of the Illuminati that shot Hulk into space.

And he sent Vulcan and his friends(Darwin, Sway, Petra) to Krakoa, where Vulcan screwed up and killed all of them. So Xavier wiped his mind and everyone else's mind to cover it up.

There's more as well, but those are pretty recent.

maxivitopowe
Woah woah woah.

Doop is an MVP.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Kp4ds7dXo3s/UJm4hv8P9TI/AAAAAAAAIIQ/LTwdQmftbHE/s1600/Wolverine+&+XMen+17024.jpg just noticed that was Warbird

celeyhyga17
1) Physically strongest - Namor

2) Best H2H fighter with all powers off and peak human physical stats - Wolverine???

7) Most creative with powers - Magneto

pym-ftw
If you don't count Juggy, Apoc is the most obvious answer.

Colossus-Big C
Apocs Strength comes from tech right?

Juggernaut isnt a mutant

Namor isnt a mutant. (X gene)

Mutants Have the X Gene

Colossus Wins

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

Mutants Have the X Gene

Colossus Wins
http://tencentbeers.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/flabbergasted.gif

8swords
laughing out loud i meant to say colossus as juggernaut, ahahah.

Wolverine and the X-men #17. Everyone asks what does Doop actually do for the school, and they show how Logan begged Doop to work for him, doing whatever it takes to help keep the school running.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Xdsz5Zfq90o/UJm4psbLk9I/AAAAAAAAIIY/BnjIC2Gff7I/s1600/Wolverine+&+XMen+17025.jpg

thumb up

8swords

3. You seriously think Logan is honorable and trustworthy after all the backstabbing and double crossing and straight up betraying he's done? Plus how he treats the people he's supposed to consider family and friends like shit most of the time? Up until the point she died, he wanted to steal his best friends wife.

thats my opinion though isnt it? that and of all the things he's done they still trust him.

KingD19
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Apocs Strength comes from tech right?

Juggernaut isnt a mutant

Mutants Have the X Gene

Colossus Wins

Namor technically is a mutant though. He's a half human, half atlantean hybrid who is also a mutant.

Yamcha
I find the lack of Adam in this thread heartbreaking.
http://i61.tinypic.com/14nn502.jpg

Odekahn
Magneto

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Odekahn
Magneto
Yes. I agree. Maggy is most def the biggest LVP in all of mutantdom.

golem370
Isn't Thanos a mutant shifty

"Id"
1) Physically strongest - Namor

2) Best H2H fighter with all powers off and peak human physical stats - Cable

3) Most honorable and trustworthy - Muties cant be trusted (Beast)

4) Least honorable and trustworthy - Magik

5) MVP - of the mutants who are (or have been) members of an official team, who is the most valuable member or first pick for a team - Beast

6) LVP - of the mutants who are (or have been) members of an official team, who is the least valuable member or last pick for a team, brings least to the table etc. - That Mexican Mutant that spouses yellow balls.

7) Most creative with powerset - Fantomex

8) Least creative with powerset - Collosaus

9) Flat out dumbest - Rachel Summers

10) Most popular amongst his/her peers - Cyclops

11) Least popular amongst his/her peers - Magneto

Sixth_Winged
1) Physically strongest - Namor, Colossus or Apocalypse

2) Best H2H fighter with all powers off and peak human physical stats - Wolverine before he became a coward recently

3) Most honorable and trustworthy
Nightcrawler

4) Least honorable and trustworthy
Mystique

5) MVP - of the mutants who are (or have been) members of an official team, who is the most valuable member or first pick for a team
Cyclops

6) LVP - of the mutants who are (or have been) members of an official team, who is the least valuable member or last pick for a team, brings least to the table etc.
Skin from Generation X

7) Most creative with powerset
Magneto

8) Least creative with powerset
Firestar

9) Flat out dumbest
Toad

Kitty Pryde

Magik

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.