You vs the Shinobi Alliance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AuraAngel
Because I find threads like this interesting, here is a situation where you are placed in Obito's shoes. You have his powers and his forces. Your goal is the same(motivation obviously isn't) and you want to defeat the Shinobi Alliance. You're placed in Tobi's position circa chapter 511 so you can't say something like "I just kidnap Naruto when he goes to take a piss so problem solved."

Round 1: Kabuto is not involved. Take Kabuto out of the equation and it is just Tobi, his Zetsu(and Sasuke if you wanna do anything with him) against the Shinobi Forces. What do you do to win?

Round 2: Kabuto is involved. Now not only do you need to contend with the army but Kabuto and his Edo Forces are also a threat. What do you do to win?

A win constitutes sealing the Bijuu, summoning the Juubi, and winning forever. To give the SA a fighting chance say that, unlike Madara, it takes Tobi time to seal the Bijuu.

Nephthys
Well with Kabuto I guess I'd forget the whole war, resurrect the brothers and get their Kyuubi chakra. Then I just summon the Juubi and win.

chasedown
In the all efforts would be futile because none have the ability to overcome naruto's talk no jutsu. Not even me lol

danteiscool
well considering this is technically us in placement of Obito's body, we'd be immune to Naruto's talk no jutsu as we obviously don't have the same hang ups as Obito.

that said, best thing to do would be to first take down any and all support type shinobi (Ino, Sakura, etc.) to cripple their recovery time between bouts, use the jinchuriki paths (which Obito had at the time of the chapter mentioned iirc) to engage the stronger guys (like Naruto, etc.) while I pick off the other guys. oh yeah, and also rip out Kakashi's sharingan and then send him and the other heavy hitters to the other dimension via Kamui and without the sharingan, Kakashi can't get out of there. rather than engage in a kunai dual like an idiot like Obito did with Kakashi, I'll just spam kamui, but sending over bombs and other high level jutsu to try and weaken them before dragging them back to the real world to finish them off.

in the 2nd scenario, I'd just let Kabuto and the shinobi forces duke it out first if possible. then I'd go in and neutralize the stronger ones when they're tired and distracted... without f**king talking or something to give away my attack and then just pick off the rest at my leisure.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Nephthys
Well with Kabuto I guess I'd forget the whole war, resurrect the brothers and get their Kyuubi chakra. Then I just summon the Juubi and win.

Kabuto summons Madara, and others, to fight you before the Gedo Mazo can fully absorb the KinGin bros chakra and transform. What do you do now?

TheTyrant
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Kabuto summons MadaraI die.

danteiscool
yeah, what you said, TheTyrant. though if we can just destroy his hands and then try and dismiss his edo tensei before he could regenerate them to break the jutsu hold on him...

Dramatic Gecko
I destroy them with nasty remarks... then they destroy me... but I won the first round.

Q99
The thing to remember about Kabuto is, if he's involved, he tips the Alliance off to the location of the base, putting you on the clock whether you like it or not. Imagine if Onoki and Kitsuchi go to town on your Zetsu army while it's all in one place.

If he's not involved, then you have more flexibility and don't have to be worried about being hit first.

danteiscool
true. but the Zetsu army can be dispersed via traveling through the ground or blending in with the shinobi as long as you command them fast enough. then you'd just have to figure out how to use that to your advantage via an ambush or surprise attack. given that we are in charge here and we naturally keep up with the series, we know how all of their abilities work, so that works in our favor regardless of which scenario.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Because I find threads like this interesting, here is a situation where you are placed in Obito's shoes. You have his powers and his forces. Your goal is the same(motivation obviously isn't) and you want to defeat the Shinobi Alliance. You're placed in Tobi's position circa chapter 511 so you can't say something like "I just kidnap Naruto when he goes to take a piss so problem solved."

Round 1: Kabuto is not involved. Take Kabuto out of the equation and it is just Tobi, his Zetsu(and Sasuke if you wanna do anything with him) against the Shinobi Forces. What do you do to win?

Round 2: Kabuto is involved. Now not only do you need to contend with the army but Kabuto and his Edo Forces are also a threat. What do you do to win?

A win constitutes sealing the Bijuu, summoning the Juubi, and winning forever. To give the SA a fighting chance say that, unlike Madara, it takes Tobi time to seal the Bijuu.

Do we as Tobi have the same knowledge that we as the reader do (up until the current chapter, vs. up until chapter 511), or do we only know what Tobi knew at that point in time (511)?

For instance, Kabuto's Sage Mode was revealed to the reader long after 511. Whereas Tobi might have known long before, as he had Zetsu spores on Kabuto.

Also, this thread was made because of our strategy discussion no? 313

Originally posted by Q99
The thing to remember about Kabuto is, if he's involved, he tips the Alliance off to the location of the base, putting you on the clock whether you like it or not. Imagine if Onoki and Kitsuchi go to town on your Zetsu army while it's all in one place.

If he's not involved, then you have more flexibility and don't have to be worried about being hit first.

See, if we have the reader's knowledge, we'd know that Onoki would never enter the battlefield until Muu arrived.

Without Kabuto's interference, Naruto and Bee are still on the Turtle Island, and have no way to get to the Mainland, unless Gyuuki swims.

Which means, Tobi's night-time tactics for his Zetsu army would work extremely well at whittling down the army.
mmm

AuraAngel
You only know what Tobi knew but anything you could reasonably guess is fine. I.e Tobi can't guess that Kabuto will have Sage Mode but Kabuto, say, attempting to catch Naruto first? That is a reasonable assumption.

wakkawakkawakka
W/o Kabuto I would use the Zetsu night tactics, leave Sasuke alone, and personally try to find someone like Chouza(or a high ranking jonin who would know where the SA HQ is) and use that uber genjutsu that killed Konan to extract the info. Then clean house there using the jinchuriki paths to handle the Kages and without anyone attacking the turtle Naruto and Bee should still be put long enough for me to head over the island with the Path and Mazo to do some extracting. With everyone else distracted by the Zetsu problem and with HQ taken care of I should have enough time to activate the Juubi and complete the Infinite Tsukuyomi. Granted if I decided to go to HQ first a sensor might tip of someone at the island which would mean I would have to act fast. Other than that it seems reasonable enough.

With Kabuto involved and possibly alerting the SA of my presence I would really be on a time crunch. The real challenging part is dealing with the SA source of communication before Naruto and Bee get off the island. I'd still let the SA deal with Gin/Kin in a similar fashion to the manga however I would still go after a jonin to find out where the SA is located. However if Madara is on the field and Kabuto is actively trying to take me out, I'd have to play keep away while the SA distracts him.

Wow...this plan seems full of holes no expression

danteiscool
still, it's a solid plan. after all, you can't plan for everything. but you have some major points made and so as long as you improvise accordingly, it should all be good. especially since we, as Obito, still know quite a bit about various clans and such and we would clean house with them first.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.