Lady Sif vs. Obi Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
Lady Sif has sword and shield

Kenobi has lightsaber

who wins?

Tzeentch
Obi-Wan rag-dolls her with the force until her skull fractures.

Firefly218
IDK, Asgardians have insane durability

ares834
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Obi-Wan rag-dolls her with the force until her skull fractures.

Robtard
Kenobi.

The Force even not used offensively here gives him superior speed, reflexes and precog. Lightsabre would also likely cut right through her weapon/shield.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Firefly218

They do, but Sif's is never conclusively shown. However, she doesn't have a practical counter to TK, and a lightsaber might be able to at least melt her eyes, if nothing else.

DrDeadpool
Obi wins.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
They do, but Sif's is never conclusively shown. However, she doesn't have a practical counter to TK, and a lightsaber might be able to at least melt her eyes, if nothing else.

Sif got shot at point blank range with a shotgun and wasn't injured (Agents of SHIELD). It might have been her armor that stopped it, but I still think it's a pretty good show of durability.

However, I do think Kenobi wins this one. Even without TK, he should be faster with the precog and that lightsaber could definitely ruin her shield considering that a crossbow bolt punctured it.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by FrothByte
Sif got shot at point blank range with a shotgun and wasn't injured (Agents of SHIELD). It might have been her armor that stopped it, but I still think it's a pretty good show of durability.

However, I do think Kenobi wins this one. Even without TK, he should be faster with the precog and that lightsaber could definitely ruin her shield considering that a crossbow bolt punctured it.

I don't watch Agents of SHIELD because I hate bad television, but good use of evidence, I approve.

BruceSkywalker
Sif dies

the end

Utrigita
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Sif dies

the end

K-Dog
I am thinking Asgardians are maybe 10 times as strong as a human and at least that durable based on feats from Thor and Marvel Agents of Shield. Which mean it takes a light saber slightly longer to cut her arms and head off than a normal human's. That's after her sword is cut into pieces by the light saber as she fights. (light sabers could handle any metal in the Star Wars universe on the movies didn't they?--I am assuming Asgardian metal may be stronger than normal metal but will still be cut by a light saber)

steverules_2
Originally posted by K-Dog
I am thinking Asgardians are maybe 10 times as strong as a human and at least that durable based on feats from Thor and Marvel Agents of Shield. Which mean it takes a light saber slightly longer to cut her arms and head off than a normal human's. That's after her sword is cut into pieces by the light saber as she fights. (light sabers could handle any metal in the Star Wars universe on the movies didn't they?--I am assuming Asgardian metal may be stronger than normal metal but will still be cut by a light saber)

Star Wars Ep. 1 Qui Gon was struggling to cut through a door but he was slowly melting through it...I think they were blast doors, I'm not sure but even though it was taking forever to get through it was still doing it cause bits of the door were melting away due to the heat of the sabre

Psychotron
Originally posted by steverules_2
Star Wars Ep. 1 Qui Gon was struggling to cut through a door but he was slowly melting through it...I think they were blast doors, I'm not sure but even though it was taking forever to get through it was still doing it cause bits of the door were melting away due to the heat of the sabre

Those were blast doors though. Jedi cut down combat droids without issue throughout the series.

KingD19
Yes. Those were heavy duty blast doors probably made from several feet of durasteel. And the only metal sabers didn't cut in the movie was Phrik, which is naturally resistant to a saber blade like Cortosis.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by KingD19
Yes. Those were heavy duty blast doors probably made from several feet of durasteel. And the only metal sabers didn't cut in the movie was Phrik, which is naturally resistant to a saber blade like Cortosis.

There was no metal in movie and tv canon that a Lightsaber couldn't cut through. Cortosis is from the EU(books, novels, games) meduims which Lucas always considered a different Universe to his. Lucas when making TCW(his own SW animated series) was specifically against the idea of a metal resistant to Lightsabers.

KingD19
The lightsaber's didn't cut through Phrik, which is what Grievous' Magnaguards used on the tips of their staffs. Movie canon and tv canon as well.

T8bbYcZftuU

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Phrik#Appearances

Note the appearances -

Star Wars Episode III: Return of the Sith
Star Wars The Clone Wars

Placidity
Originally posted by Firefly218

Like who, besides Odin, Thor, and Heimdall?

KingD19
Volstagg was the only other one shown I believe.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Placidity
Like who, besides Odin, Thor, and Heimdall?

As previously mentioned, Sif survived a shotgun round at point blank range in Agents of SHIELD. Still canon.

And while I do think Obi wan still wins this, there's a very good chance that he's not cutting through Sif as easily as he thinks. It will still cut her, but it might take more than a single strike to cleave through her (think how long it took to cut through a blast door). So if Kenobi makes the mistake of underestimating her, there's a chance he might lose.

KingD19
That blast door was at least a foot of one of the most durable alloys in existence. Also he stabbed into it just fine, it was how much it was that took him time. Even then, it immediately turned red hot. Aside from maybe a bit of resistance, he should be able to get through her.

Robtard
xEAc1ot7w_g

Sabre's cutting right through her thin frame.

Placidity
As previously mentioned, Sif survived a shotgun round at point blank range in Agents of SHIELD. Still canon.

That's not canon. Why did you even think that would work?

And btw, what do you mean by "survive"? Did she tank it like a boss Superman style or what?

ares834
The lightsaber's didn't cut through Phrik, which is what Grievous' Magnaguards used on the tips of their staffs. Movie canon and tv canon as well.

Yeah, but it's also coursing with an energy of some sort. From a film/tv standpoint it seems to be the energy that allows the staff to resist the blade not the metal.

Furthermore, in one episode of the CW, they were going to have a mandalorian use a vibroblade against Kenobi. Lucas straight up nixed the idea saying it couldn't withstand a lightsaber.

As previously mentioned, Sif survived a shotgun.

It seemed to hit her armor. Plus, earlier in the episode she was taking cover from bullets and using her to shield to protect herself from them.

Placidity
Originally posted by ares834

It seemed to hit her armor. Plus, earlier in the episode she was taking cover from bullets and using her to shield to protect herself from them.

Ok, so he was just plain lying then.

ares834
He initially said it may have been her armor that stopped it. Either way, not really sure why it matters. Just because you are bullet proof doesn't mean you can survive a dip into lava. And lightsabers appear to be a whole lot hotter than lava.

KingD19
Originally posted by ares834
Yeah, but it's also coursing with an energy of some sort. From a film/tv standpoint it seems to be the energy that allows the staff to resist the blade not the metal.

Furthermore, in one episode of the CW, they were going to have a mandalorian use a vibroblade against Kenobi. Lucas straight up nixed the idea saying it couldn't withstand a lightsaber.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Electrostaff

The Electrostaff was tipped with Phrik, which was lightsaber resistant. The energy was electricity that made it more than just a blunt striking/thrusting weapon like a normal staff. So it's the material that's resistant, not the electrical energy which only serves to intensify the pain delivered when hit or to stun an opponent or outright kill them if the setting was turned up high enough.

Regardless of what he nixed, Phrik has still been shown being highly resistant to lightsabers, which is the point I was making that a metal has been shown to resist them in the movie/tv canon.

DARTH POWER
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Electrostaff

The Electrostaff was tipped with Phrik, which was lightsaber resistant. The energy was electricity that made it more than just a blunt striking/thrusting weapon like a normal staff. So it's the material that's resistant, not the electrical energy which only serves to intensify the pain delivered when hit or to stun an opponent or outright kill them if the setting was turned up high enough.

Regardless of what he nixed, Phrik has still been shown being highly resistant to lightsabers, which is the point I was making that a metal has been shown to resist them in the movie/tv canon.

Not according to Lucas. He never backed the idea that a metal can resist a Lightsaber. So the Electorstaff would have been an energy weapon resisting a Lightsaber to him.

KingD19
Electricity doesn't resist a lightsaber. Electricity doesn't even have a tangible form to do so. The only thing that could have resisted it was the Prhik it was comprised of, which is documented. The electricity surrounding the prhik was basically like a souped up taser.

You can't just ignore what's displayed plainly on the screen.

That's like me saying, "Nope, Thor can't crush Iron Man's armor" because Stan Lee said he didn't believe it was possible despite it clearly being shown in Avengers.

Psychotron
You think Sif's durability is = that of a futuristic blast door just because she tanked a shotgun? No way. And she has no counter to the Force.

KingD19
The same Force that lifted Obi-Wan off the floor and hurled him a good 50 or more feet across a room with enough force to dent metal and ko a human with enhanced durability.

DARTH POWER
Electricity doesn't resist a lightsaber. Electricity doesn't even have a tangible form to do so. The only thing that could have resisted it was the Prhik it was comprised of, which is documented. The electricity surrounding the prhik was basically like a souped up taser.

Again that wasn't what Lucas had in mind. There clearly was some sort of energy around the staff, which is what Lucas intended to resist the Lightsaber. If he wanted to show a metal resisting it, then he would have just shown a plain metal staff without any energy flowing around it.

You can't just ignore what's displayed plainly on the screen.

I'm not. It's your conclusion I'm arguing, since it's not how the creator of the film intended it.

That's like me saying, "Nope, Thor can't crush Iron Man's armor" because Stan Lee said he didn't believe it was possible despite it clearly being shown in Avengers.

If your talking about the Avengers movie, then I'm pretty sure whatever Joss Whedon said about it would be canon. Considering he did write and direct the film. With Lucas's words the canon is to an even greater extent given that he created the franchise, and owned it at the time.

And the source your using as proof - Wiki- is not official canon even for the EU btw, let alone Movie canon.

God Cloth Seiya
Obi wins

Time Immemorial
Obiwan for the win, the light saber is going to take her head off.

FrothByte
That's not canon. Why did you even think that would work?

And btw, what do you mean by "survive"? Did she tank it like a boss Superman style or what?

OF course it's canon. Agents of SHIELD is still part of the MCU and the SIf that appeared there is the same Sif that was in Thor.

And yes, she tanked it like a boss. She looked surprised when she got shot, but otherwise not even a mark was seen on her. And she was shot from something like 4-5 feet away.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Psychotron
You think Sif's durability is = that of a futuristic blast door just because she tanked a shotgun? No way. And she has no counter to the Force.

Not really no. I just think that light sabers don't cut through every material with the same ease. So if Kenobi tries to cut at Sif expecting his lightsaber to go clean through and instead gets stuck half-way through, then he gets a bone-shattering punch to the face before Sif dies.

As I said already in my previous post, I do believe Kenobi wins. But I wouldn't be surprised if Sif got 1-2 wins off simply due to her greater strength and durability.

Tzeentch
So if Kenobi tries to cut at Sif expecting his lightsaber to go clean through and instead gets stuck half-way through, then he gets a bone-shattering punch to the face before Sif dies.

haermm

KingD19
Lol. Some sort of energy. It was electricity. It was an electrostaff. Until Lucas goes on record and says Episode III and that episode with the Magnaguard in Clone Wars didn't happen, or directly disputes what's been established as canon(I.E. Phrik resisting sabers, and the staff being made of phrik and an electrostaff), that's what happened.

Psychotron
Not really no. I just think that light sabers don't cut through every material with the same ease. So if Kenobi tries to cut at Sif expecting his lightsaber to go clean through and instead gets stuck half-way through, then he gets a bone-shattering punch to the face before Sif dies.

As I said already in my previous post, I do believe Kenobi wins. But I wouldn't be surprised if Sif got 1-2 wins off simply due to her greater strength and durability.

If Sif gets cut even half-way through she'll be dead.

Tzeentch
Lol. Some sort of energy. It was electricity. It was an electrostaff. Until Lucas goes on record and says Episode III and that episode with the Magnaguard in Clone Wars didn't happen, or directly disputes what's been established as canon(I.E. Phrik resisting sabers, and the staff being made of phrik and an electrostaff), that's what happened. In the Clone Wars episode with the ancient "obisidian lightsaber", the lightsaber was supposed to be a vibrosword, but Lucas made them change it to a lightsaber. When he was asked why he did it in an interview, his response was that, in his universe, "only a lightsaber can resist a lightsaber".

So, by association, it would have to be the energy aspect of the electrostaff that resists the lightsaber, not some metallic substance.

KingD19
Then I don't know why he allowed the MagnaGuards in III. Because that's what their staffs are tipped with, and I've never seen electrical arcs able to withstand a saber(because they can't). But Lucas is known to **** up, so I guess it makes sense.

Sif still loses.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Psychotron
If Sif gets cut even half-way through she'll be dead.

Fandrall was punctured straight through by some big-ass Frost giant spike. Didn't kill him.

KingD19
Fandrall was punctured straight through by some big-ass Frost giant spike. Didn't kill him.

Being impaled and being bisected while having the wound cauterized along the way are two different things.

Placidity
OF course it's canon. Agents of SHIELD is still part of the MCU and the SIf that appeared there is the same Sif that was in Thor.

I don't mind discussing expanded universes, but don't act like it is valid as if it were in the movie. Strictly speaking the feat is inadmissible.

Temp ban if you try that again.

Kazenji
FrothByte is right it is canon.......so stop trying to ignore it

and i'm pretty sure we have a thing about tv shows in the rules.

Tzeentch
Personally, I could care less if tv feats are allowed or not. For the purposes of this thread, Sif tanking a shotgun blast doesn't affect the outcome at all, which is that she gets levitated into the air via telekinesis and either gets knocked unconscious or decapitated.

FrothByte
I don't mind discussing expanded universes, but don't act like it is valid as if it were in the movie. Strictly speaking the feat is inadmissible.

So, you're going to temp ban me because I'm right?

DarkSaint85
So the Clone Wars movie would count?

Edit: you're not right, though, FrothByte.

Stealth Moose
Then I don't know why he allowed the MagnaGuards in III. Because that's what their staffs are tipped with, and I've never seen electrical arcs able to withstand a saber(because they can't). But Lucas is known to **** up, so I guess it makes sense.

Sif still loses.

SW Canon policy is/was very strict. GL was the final arbiter of canon, and oftentimes his canon simply rode over established EU as a bull tramples through third world villages. The newer Clone Wars series also just tore holes in large parts of CW EU established ten years ago, simply because (and he has been candid about this) GL doesn't care and considers EU an alternate continuity. This is especially maddening because morons like Leland Chee insist that the canons are one, with GL's stuff being 'over-riding' and then making no attempt otherwise to establish continuity.

It also wasn't a killing blow, but he was still pretty well hurt from it.

Lol. Originally posted by Tzeentch
Personally, I could care less if tv feats are allowed or not. For the purposes of this thread, Sif tanking a shotgun blast doesn't affect the outcome at all, which is that she gets levitated into the air via telekinesis and either gets knocked unconscious or decapitated.

Blax recognizes his ancient nemesis, the Red Herring.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So the Clone Wars movie would count?

Kenobi's feats in the whole of The Clone Wars series would count.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.