Death?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
If something happens to us after death, what are we before life?

This thread is meant to humor those who believe in an afterlife. I personally believe that we go in the ground and never come back. Just gauging the opposite thought process.

Lord Lucien
Joke's on you, my ashes will be scattered across the seven seas. No ground for me.

Esau Cairn
Serial killers & child molesters get reincarnated as penguins.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Firefly218

We were an undeveloped egg in the fetus of our mother while she was in the whom of her mother. That's going back as far as you can.

Stealth Moose
Considering in most instances there's slowly diminishing electrical activity in the brain after we die, I assert that we all slowly and agonizingly relive the worst parts of our lives before blinking out of existence forever.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Considering in most instances there's slowly diminishing electrical activity in the brain after we die, I assert that we all slowly and agonizingly relive the worst parts of our lives before blinking out of existence forever.

Why the worst parts? Why not the best parts?

I want to relive the best parts; all two of them. cool

Stealth Moose
Lower your expectations, so that they are either met or surpassed.

Shakyamunison
Lower your expectations, so that they are either met or surpassed.

I guess that week I spend in that Mexican jail wasn't all that bad when you lower your expectations. wink

Stealth Moose
You came out alive and presumably without too many tattoos, so success.

dadudemon
He wants the Mormon answer. Wrong forum for this question.

Mormons believe the spirit (or intelligence) has existed for eternity and will always exist.

Stealth Moose
But Mormons are wrong at everything that doesn't involve singing and dancing.

Lord Lucien
And procreation.

Firefly218
Originally posted by dadudemon
He wants the Mormon answer. Wrong forum for this question.

Mormons believe the spirit (or intelligence) has existed for eternity and will always exist.

The mormans also believe that the Garden of Eden was in Missouri

Stealth Moose
Haven't you seen St. Louis? I mean, come on.

Time Immemorial
I welcome a good death.

Lexington
But why does it matter if nothing follows death.... I mean if it didn't matter wouldn't it be irrelevant?

I believe there is something, what? I can't say.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Lexington
But why does it matter if nothing follows death.... I mean if it didn't matter wouldn't it be irrelevant?

I believe there is something, what? I can't say.

Time lasts forever even in the after life.

Stealth Moose
Possibly because time is relative, and when you have no sensations, time can seem like eternity.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Time lasts forever even in the after life.

How do you know time lasts forever?

I believe that time is finite, and therefore there will be an end to time, just like there was a beginning of time at the BB.

Lexington
Good question, maybe Time Immemorial has has a near death experience.

Did you know they place symbols and messages above the ceiling in hospitals and operating theaters (out of sight for people) to test for people that claim to have seen themselves during near death experiences from above when dying.

Seeking Proof in Near Death Claims (WSJ)

Shakyamunison
Good question, maybe Time Immemorial has has a near death experience.

Did you know they place symbols and messages above the ceiling in hospitals and operating theaters (out of sight for people) to test for people that claim to have seen themselves during near death experiences from above when dying.

I don't believe in a soul, so there is nothing that could rise above the body. What is more likely is that the person who is dying is hearing everything that is going on and visualizing the event in their minds.

Lexington
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I don't believe in a soul, so there is nothing that could rise above the body. What is more likely is that the person who is dying is hearing everything that is going on and visualizing the event in their minds.

I know there is usually a scientific explanation for everything but some stuff can be difficult to explain and as a scientist everything must be explained rationally. I'm on the fence, I want to believe in this as it is comforting but I do try to explain everything... Out of body experiences can possibly be experienced by taking certain drugs, I have never taken any but can anyone confirm? reading

Shakyamunison
I know there is usually a scientific explanation for everything but some stuff can be difficult to explain and as a scientist everything must be explained rationally. I'm on the fence, I want to believe in this as it is comforting but I do try to explain everything... Out of body experiences can possibly be experienced by taking certain drugs, I have never taken any but can anyone confirm? reading

Try imagining a room that you are not in, but have been before. I can imagine my living room, and in my mind I can walk around in that room. But I am also aware of my surroundings right now, so I know I'm not walking around my living room. Take away all stimuli, and I might just think I was in my living room.

The world around me all takes place in my head. I only know the difference between imagination and reality because I am awake. If I am dying, I might not be able to tell the difference.

Firefly218
Deep

Wonder Man
Love is as strong as death. A disciple said that. Means you can die and still be as strong as when you lived.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Love is as strong as death. A disciple said that. Means you can die and still be as strong as when you lived.

So, dead people can lift weights?

Lexington

http://i.imgur.com/JtPNrTT.gif

Stealth Moose

This means Casper is a *****.

bluewaterrider

The world around me all takes place in my head. I only know the difference between imagination and reality because I am awake.

Why do you continue to imagine me, then?

Lord Lucien
Try imagining a room that you are not in, but have been before. I can imagine my living room, and in my mind I can walk around in that room. But I am also aware of my surroundings right now, so I know I'm not walking around my living room. Take away all stimuli, and I might just think I was in my living room.

The world around me all takes place in my head. I only know the difference between imagination and reality because I am awake. If I am dying, I might not be able to tell the difference. Are you a solipsist?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Are you a solipsist?

No.

Are you one?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Why do you continue to imagine me, then?

What? I don't imagine you. Do you imagine yourself, and what does this have to do with anything I said?

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Firefly218

This thread is meant to humor those who believe in an afterlife. I personally believe that we go in the ground and never come back. Just gauging the opposite thought process.

Why would not having an end entail not having a beginning?

Stealth Moose
Because linear human relativity.

Grand-Moff-Gav
hmm

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
hmm

Query:

Grand-Moff-Gav
Query:

No.

Stealth Moose
I lol'd. Well played.

Grand-Moff-Gav
I lol'd. Well played.

Stealth Moose

Lol.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Lol.

I concede...

Shakyamunison
I concede...

...clearly now the rain is gone. laughing out loud Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.