Kain vs Voldemort

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StealthRanger
Movie version of Voldemort

Kain as of LOK Defiance

Who wins? :maybe

Sacred 117
Why bother? You already know he won't do it (yet, he'll still throw around the "cowardice" label).

NemeBro
Quan might show actually, since he's actually played LoK.

ScreamPaste
My first instinct was that Kain would win since already dead = AK is of no use, but Voldemort has some other spells that are probably useful here, so hey.

BloodRain
There are a few. The Fiendfire, other spells could incapacitate or kill Kain. Main issue I feel is if Tom has enough force to do this in one hit, as Kain could do so to Tom.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Quan might show actually, since he's actually played LoK.
Has always to my recollection avoided threads with two main supporting characters in it.

Utrigita
Leaning towards Kain. His telekinetic abilities coupled with his teleport, mistform etc will be a big problem for Voldemort atleast imo.

Edit: When I first read the title I thought it was Kain (Caine) from vampire the masquerade... oh the slaughter...

The Scenario
I'm going with Kain as well. He's outright immune to 2 of the 3 unforgivable curses, and very likely able to willpower himself through the third. He has also shown not only the ability, but the presence of mind to telekinetically rip a caster's staff away from them the instant a fight may start.

The only thing I can think of that Voldemort can use to win is Fiendfyre, thanks to Kain's weakness to fire. Otherwise, I'm fairly certain Kain has a counter to most of what Voldemort tends to do.

StealthRanger
Bump

KingD19
I'm pretty sure at some point Kain had an invulnerability spell or armor or something that made him highly resistant to any type of fire.

The Scenario
Both, actually.

The Iron Armor is Kain's first set of armor, and it's resistant to fire. He also had the Repel spell, which makes a barrier that reflects spells back on their caster. However, he has stopped using both by the time of Defiance, likely due to his 200 year coma in Blood Omen 2.

Utrigita
I don't recall if it was ever explained why he stopped using certain abilities, if it was because he couldn't or if it was simply a gameplay design.

The Scenario
It's the only explanation I can think of, honestly. The Hylden Lord messed him up so badly in the beginning of Blood Omen 2 that it took him 200 years to recover, and even then he had to re-learn several of his basic vampire abilities.

No idea what happened to the armor, though.

Utrigita
Originally posted by The Scenario
It's the only explanation I can think of, honestly. The Hylden Lord messed him up so badly in the beginning of Blood Omen 2 that it took him 200 years to recover, and even then he had to re-learn several of his basic vampire abilities.

No idea what happened to the armor, though.

But Defiance takes place after Blood Omen 2 right? So technically he shouldn't have lost his abilities from there. Then again the time travel in LoK never made much sense to me stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.