Another Repub/Conserv loon put forth; I love it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
A Republican candidate who believes that God dictates weather patterns and that tornadoes, autism and dementia are God's punishments for marriage equality and abortion access won the GOP nomination to challenge Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) in the Chicago-area 9th Congressional District.

Susanne Atanus, of Niles, Ill., garnered 54 percent of the vote in her Tuesday win over David Earl Williams III.

"I am not in favor of abortions, I am not in favor of gay rights," Atanus told the Daily Herald, a suburban Chicago newspaper, in January.

She blamed natural disasters and mental disorders on recent advances in LGBT equality and legal abortions.

"God is angry. We are provoking him with abortions and same-sex marriage and civil unions," she said. "Same-sex activity is going to increase AIDS. If it's in our military, it will weaken our military. We need to respect God."

Atanus also reached out to the Windy City Times, an LGBT publication, in an attempt to explain her views.

"Everybody knows that God controls weather," she told the news site in January. "God is super angry," she added. "Gay marriage is not appropriate, and it doesn't look right, and it breeds AIDS." -end snip

Full Story

I actually LoL'd when I read the "and it breeds AIDS" comment.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/jDyQbkdbGTM/0.jpg

Tzeentch
lmfao.

Shakyamunison
I thought it was the Democrats who believed that Bush caused Katrina, so, there are enough nuts to go around.

BackFire
Not caused, just failed in acting accordingly.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I thought it was the Democrats who believed that Bush caused Katrina, so, there are enough nuts to go around. Could you provide a source of a democrat claiming Bush caused Hurricane Katrina?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Could you provide a source of a democrat claiming Bush caused Hurricane Katrina?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Katrina_as_divine_retribution

Do your own research!

Robtard

Do your own research!

Ultra-Orthodox Jews are generally conservative leaning, iirc. It's also litterally one guy.

Tzeentch

Do your own research! The article doesn't show a single US Democrat asserting that Katrina was caused by Bush.

Shakyamunison
The article doesn't show a single US Democrat asserting that Katrina was caused by Bush.

Then you didn't read it. The mayor was a Dem.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
Ultra-Orthodox Jews are generally conservative leaning, iirc. It's also litterally one guy.

I didn't do any research. I just goggled it and found one example. You go find the rest.

What about the dem who just said that the Constitution is 400 years old? Or the one who thought that Guam might fall over if we have too many troops on the island?

There are enough nuts to go around.

Robtard
I didn't do any research. I just goggled it and found one example. You go find the rest.

What about the dem who just said that the Constitution is 400 years old? Or the one who thought that Guam might fall over if we have too many troops on the island?

There are enough nuts to go around.

Look for something that likely doesn't exist? I'd rather not.

I think you're confusing people blaming Bush for not acting properly in regards to Katrina with "Bush has weather-control-powers!" I'm unaware of anyone claiming Bush litterally caused a hurricane.

There are indeed plenty of nuts. But in America if you're a nut who thinks they can speak on behalf of God's actions and want to run and get somewhere in politics, you're likely a Republican/Conservative more times than not.

Shakyamunison
Look for something that likely doesn't exist? I'd rather not.

I think you're confusing people blaming Bush for not acting properly in regards to Katrina with "Bush has weather-control-powers!" I'm unaware of anyone claiming Bush litterally caused a hurricane.

There are indeed plenty of nuts. But in America if you're a nut who thinks they can speak on behalf of God's actions and want to run in politics, you're likely a Republican/Conservative more times than not.

OK be delusional.

No, I am not.

What are you looking for?

Are you trying to prove that the dems are angels and thhe reps are devils?

The majority of both parties are Christians, and Christians believe strange things.

Now the argument is who sticks their foot in their mouth the most, and I agree that the reps are in the lead.

Lord Lucien
EDIT: Shaky, you brought that up. Don't go turning it around on people when they catch you in an error.

Yeah that was literally one man. Hardly enough to start generalizing "the Democrats" as a whole. That he was the mayor of New Orleans at the time makes it less surprising. He could have been unaffiliated and still be heard to blame mortals.

As to this thread... lol. People are still voting for these things.

Robtard
OK be delusional.

No, I am not.

What are you looking for?

Are you trying to prove that the dems are angels and thhe reps are devils?

The majority of both parties are Christians, and Christians believe strange things.

Now the argument is who sticks their foot in their mouth the most, and I agree that the reps are in the lead.

I won't do your footwork for you; especially when I disagree.

If you think you have a point, you prove it.

Nothing.

How you came to that conclusion, I don't know.

Agreed. The Right seems to be a bit odder, imo. Case in point: Susanne @anus.

Agreed.

Shakyamunison
... If you think you have a point, you prove it...

Most of the politicians in the USA are Christian. Do you agree?

If so, what is more nutty?

A: Believing that God controls the weather.

B: Believe that a man who died 2000 years ago is the son of God, and will free you of your sins.

I believe that B is the correct answer.

Robtard
Not sure what that has to do with anything here, but we can safely asssume tha this woman would also believe in B:.

Serious question, do you not find this woman's views hilarious and laughable?

Shakyamunison
Not sure what that has to do with anything here, but we can safely asssume tha this woman would also believe in B:.

Then what is your point for this thread? Maybe I misunderstood, but it looked like you were just bashing.

Remember that all Christians are nuts, from my point of view.

Note: If we are going to bash, I want to bash both sides.

Robtard
Then what is your point for this thread? Maybe I misunderstood, but it looked like you were just bashing.

Note: If we are going to bash, I want to bash both sides.

It's having a laugh at this woman. It's having a laugh at the people who would vote her into office. So yes, it is bashing overall.

That brings up another question. Why whenever something like this gets posted, your response is basically "well Dems/Libs are like that/bad too.", instead of just having a laugh at a clown?

Would it bother you if everytime you bashed Christianity, someone replied with "Well Buddhist are like that/bad too."?

Tzeentch

Sure, and someone who shoplifts and someone who sexually assaults 13-year old girls are "both criminals", yet no sane individual would hold both criminals with equal levels of contempt.

That all Christians share certain core beliefs doesn't mean that all Christians are equally crazy. Within the context of this topic, a far less amount of Christian liberals have publicly associated tragedies with God being pissed at our political/social choices. On the other hand, we've seen a slew of Republicans do so over the years.

Stealth Moose

"Everybody knows that God controls weather," she told the news site in January. "God is super angry," she added. "Gay marriage is not appropriate, and it doesn't look right, and it breeds AIDS." -end snip

http://www.boxturtlebulletin.com/btb/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/angry-god.jpeg

THE GODS ARE ANGRY BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE LIKE OTHERS OF THE SAME SEX! OUR ALMIGHTY PURE GOOD GOD WHO IS ALWAYS JUST IS CAUSING UNTOLD DAMAGE, DEATH, AND DESTRUCTION BECAUSE OF PEOPLE'S SEX LIVES!

ALL HAIL!

Lexington
Feels like Jon Stewart missed this one on the Daily Show.

Shakyamunison
Sure, and someone who shoplifts and someone who sexually assaults 13-year old girls are "both criminals", yet no sane individual would hold both criminals with equal levels of contempt.

That all Christians share certain core beliefs doesn't mean that all Christians are equally crazy. Within the context of this topic, astronomically less Christian liberals have publicly associated tragedies with God being pissed. On the other hand, we've seen a slew of Republicans do that over the years.

You are right, but people saying stupid things like the op doesn't bother me. At least the weather will prove them wrong, eventually.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.