Gorgon and Mr. X the Superior Spider Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Mr. X has the Godslayer, and Gorgon has the Grasscutter.

Who wins?

StiltmanFTW
X eats popcorn while Gorgon beats every version of Spiderman that ever existed - yes, including Cap Uni and your mom stick out tongue

8swords
laughing out loud

SamZED
Spider-man does to them what Will Smith's Hancock did every time someone pissed him off.

KingD19
I don't see that happening. Gorgon tanked a pretty hard hit from a guy stronger than Spidey, after easily dodging a speedster faster than Spidey and lopping her arms off at the elbow while doing so. And hi fight against an amped Shang Chi was pretty solidifying of his badassery.

abhilegend
Then Daredevil oneshotted him...............

KingD19
The Shang Chi fight just happened. Where he was tanking hits from an amped(magically and with Stark Tech) Shang without even flinching. And that one low feat doesn't discount all the others.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by abhilegend
Then Daredevil oneshotted him...............

Under Bendis, from behind, just when he was about to kill the most powerful being in all realities known as Overlord Daniel Rand the Great.

KingD19
No way Bendis could let him kill Luke Cage's best friend/brother.

deathslash
I'm pretty certain that team one wins this

StiltmanFTW
It's even more of a spite than Galactus vs. Magneto thread.

biscuits

cdtm
Originally posted by KingD19
I don't see that happening. Gorgon tanked a pretty hard hit from a guy stronger than Spidey, after easily dodging a speedster faster than Spidey and lopping her arms off at the elbow while doing so. And hi fight against an amped Shang Chi was pretty solidifying of his badassery.

Spidey's fought characters faster then him too though. wink

Does amped Shang Chi have any feats? Or is it more like the "Iron Spider" suit where he was theoretically more powerful, but actually performed worse then normally...?

StiltmanFTW
He performed vastly better than normally, as you can see in his fight against Gorgon.

StiltmanFTW
As for Iron Spider, keep in mind he did admirably vs. Titanium Man (who may or may not have been holding back, as the whole thing was basically a ruse planned by Stark).

But yeah, other than that, he wasn't particularly impressive. I guess giving a bulletproof suit to guys like DD (Bushwacker instance) or Spidey is always a bad idea, because they become lazy and forget to dodge.

Wonder Man
Gorgon wins alone. Way to fast. Spider-man's spider sense might be a match for Mr. X.

cdtm
"Might be" a match for Mr. X? O_o

When did Spidey become so underrated on KMC?

StiltmanFTW
When he became so overrated, you mean http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon4.gif

Wonder Man
Well to fair Spider-man loses this fight for sure.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Gorgon wins alone. Way to fast. Spider-man's spider sense might be a match for Mr. X.

Someone should set up Gorgon vs Spidey. Is Gorgon comparible to sniper rounds in speed?

DarkSaint85
He had a casual conversation telepathically with Elektra whilst blocking multiple machine gun bullets with his blade...

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He performed vastly better than normally, as you can see in his fight against Gorgon.

Well, we'll see once I get the issue.

But if by "perform vastly better" you mean he was able to hold his own (As opposed to some non combat strength/speed feats he's never done before), well.. Shang could arguably hold his own Gorgon normally. He did take a hit from Hiroim intended to kill a human, and not die, and has that old fight with Spidey where he arguably looked a little bit better for it (Dancing around web shooting, breaking out of webbing, dazing Spidey at one point, and even catching him off guard with a thrown brick..)

Khazra Reborn
Shang was quite noticeably amped when he fought Gorgon, he was thunder clapping, throwing fireballs and hitting hard enough to cause slight shock waves.

cdtm
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Shang was quite noticeably amped when he fought Gorgon, he was thunder clapping, throwing fireballs and hitting hard enough to cause slight shock waves.

Caught some scans.

Yeah, he was amped. It also looked like he chi amped on top of it, calling on past warriors.

And it still wasn't enough. Gotta admit, it's an impressive showing for Gorgon. Very impressive.

Spidey could arguably hit a lot harder, though. Not too many outside of Cap or Danny could dish it out like he could. (Ripped Deaths Heads head clean off, for one)

SamZED
I don't see that happening. Gorgon tanked a pretty hard hit from a guy stronger than Spidey, after easily dodging a speedster faster than Spidey and lopping her arms off at the elbow while doing so. And hi fight against an amped Shang Chi was pretty solidifying of his badassery. I was kidding of course. The team takes it. But for the record SM had to deal with an amped Shang once and did ok considering he refused to fight back. Has solid showings against speedsters and teleporters but never with a sword for obvious reasons. That reminds me not that long ago Kaine gutted a speedsters with a blade without much trouble and current Kaine is hardly if at all faster than SpOck.

Originally posted by Wonder Man
Gorgon wins alone. Way to fast. Spider-man's spider sense might be a match for Mr. X. Gorgon is way to fast for Spider-man? I disagree.

carver9
Gorgon and Spiderman would be a good fight, amazing fight but if I had to choose a winner, it would be Gorgon. The guy is a beast.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by SamZED
Gorgon is way to fast for Spider-man? I disagree.

Well, of course you disagree - you had the IELTS exam not so long ago, after all.

Gorgon is way too fast. Everything's correct now smile

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Well, of course you disagree - you had the IELTS exam not so long ago, after all.

Gorgon is way too fast. Everything's correct now smile grammar nazi..embarrasment

Also I sort of copypasted WM's comment.stick out tongue

KingD19
Originally posted by cdtm

Spidey could arguably hit a lot harder, though. Not too many outside of Cap or Danny could dish it out like he could. (Ripped Deaths Heads head clean off, for one)

Gorgon got tunneled into the ground by a 30 foot tall Stonewall after he chopped Yo-Yo's arms off. He was pissed that the Hydra guy told him to let the Secret Warriors go, but he wasn't hurt.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He had a casual conversation telepathically with Elektra whilst blocking multiple machine gun bullets with his blade...

Thats a nice few but moving ones entire body out of the path of a sniper round is insane too. Their speed seems pretty comparable to me.

cdtm
Gorgon got tunneled into the ground by a 30 foot tall Stonewall after he chopped Yo-Yo's arms off. He was pissed that the Hydra guy told him to let the Secret Warriors go, but he wasn't hurt.

Hmm..

So.where abouts would you put his damage soak? Deadpool level? More?

And where's the bottom tier, if we're looking for guys who could take him with blunt force?

Cap? Cage? Carnage? Rand?

KingD19
His damage soak is pretty uber. I don't know exactly what class to put him in, but whereas Deadpool's damage soak stems from his crazy healing, Gorgon just tanks damage.

As for beating him, that wholly depends on the story. As I said, letting Shang Chi beat on him with no apparent effect despite not one, but three amps(Chi Amp, Mystic Amp, Stark Tech), then schooling him speaks volumes.

As well as being punched into the ground by a 30 foot tall rock monster that was enraged beyond belief, and calmly getting up with only his clothes showing damage. But then Daredevil one shots him because the story called for it.

cdtm
Poor Shang.. Reduced to being "Worfed out" just to reinforce how uber Gorgon is.

The thing is, Shang was drawing blood though.. Plus, he burned his eyes. And Logan drove his claws right into his chest.

This means his body could be torn up, with enough force. Or likely, decapitated. It all really depends on how good his healing factor is, if he has one (Which he'd need, to fix up piercing damage...)

Daredevil KO was obviously PIS (And to be fair, we never saw Gorgon KOed. He could have simply given up the fight, for unrelated reasons..)

I hope they don't job him out to Cap or somebody beneath him.. Or even have a super brick like Thor crush him. That would be pretty annoying, after building him up into this unstoppable monster.

Black Tarantula vs Gorgon would be a pretty good dream match, actually..

JayDaDon
They need to bring Black Tarantula back. He was a damned beast.

deathslash
The thing is, Shang was drawing blood though.. Plus, he burned his eyes. And Logan drove his claws right into his chest.

This means his body could be torn up, with enough force. Or likely, decapitated. It all really depends on how good his healing factor is, if he has one (Which he'd need, to fix up piercing damage...)
He does have a healing factor and I'm pretty certain that it rivals Logan's

ShadowFyre
Why would losing to Thor be a bad showing? Or do you mean you would rather see a well drawn out fight between peers?

cdtm
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Why would losing to Thor be a bad showing? Or do you mean you would rather see a well drawn out fight between peers?

The latter.

Everyone knows Thor would destroy him, but that would be an anticlimax to his buildup..

Wonder Man
Throw Mr. X into this fight and Spider-man will never escape.

JayDaDon
If spidey just webbed up Mr.X, he wouldn't be going anywhere.

DarkSaint85
Yes. And Gorgon would turn him to stone.

Team wins.

JayDaDon
Cool I was just saying Mr.x could be easily taken out of the equation. Also wouldn't webbing Gorgon's eyes(highly efficient) take out the stone stare?

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yes. And Gorgon would turn him to stone.

Team wins.

Common knowledge by Spider Octs time, isn't it? Shang knew about it. And Oct knows everything Peter knows, who was an Avenger like Shang.

Webbing to the eyes.

carver9
Wait a minute. Wouldn't Gorgon be able to dodge or slice Spiderman webbing out of the air? Its not like he doesn't know about it and he is fast enough to do it.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Wait a minute. Wouldn't Gorgon be able to dodge or slice Spiderman webbing out of the air? Its not like he doesn't know about it and he is fast enough to do it.

Well, Matts fast enough to aim deflect bullets, and he couldn't avoid getting his entire arm webbed to his side in an instant.

A few strands, I could see being cut, but not a cocoon of it. Gonna gunk up the sword, or at least his limbs.

carver9
Well, Matts fast enough to aim deflect bullets, and he couldn't avoid getting his entire arm webbed to his side in an instant.

A few strands, I could see being cut, but not a cocoon of it. Gonna gunk up the sword, or at least his limbs.

Lets not pretend like no one has dodged Spidey webbing when expecting it. Wolverine has done it in Marvel Knights. Then Gorgon is a telepath. His webbing isn't getting through unless he allows it. This is a guy that dodged every single attack Elektra threw at him. This is the same guy that blitzed Wolverine so fast (from a distance, Football field distance), that Wolverine didn't have time to react. Webbing is not his worries.

SamZED
Depends on the amount of webbing really. Spider-man's CIS prevents him from using the same amount of it on characters as he uses in other situations.
As for stone stare. When written well SM can be as effective when fighting with his eyes closed.

carver9
Originally posted by SamZED
Depends on the amount of webbing really. Spider-man's CIS prevents him from using the same amount of it on characters as he uses in other situations.
As for stone stare. When written well SM can be as effective when fighting with his eyes closed.

As effective as Gorgon?.

cdtm
Depends. It's not a question on whether Gorgon could react, but where he could do anything about it.

Spidey can spray out enough webbing to form up web shields, on the fly, as explosions are going off. Danny and Matt have speed feats as good as anyone, Gorgon included, and they still get caught. Shang, he danced around webbing, but he got caught too.

Slicing through half a cart of webbing is basically like trying to cut your way of a pools worth of quick drying cement being dumped over you.

JayDaDon
Spidey HAS hit villains even faster than himself with webbing.

SamZED
Originally posted by carver9
As effective as Gorgon?. Depends on the writer really. In the earlier books being blinded didn't effect him at all. Pete used to walk all over the house from one room to another (opening doors, avoiding furniture etc) with his eyes closed. Sort of like DD's radar. In other appearances it was a slight handicap but even then he could operate in complete darkness. In the most recent appearance being blinded apparently kicks his SS into overdrive and he becomes even more focused and dangerous i.e. his fight with Daken and later Kaine. I'd say on average it just won't be a problem to him.

cdtm
Pretty much any top/mid tier worth his salt can fight blind now.

Which makes Caps defeat at Daredevils hands in total darkness even more awesome. There's actually something the allmighty Cap can't pis his way out of, where Logan, Danny, Spidey, Shang, or Gorgon would have been just fine. smile

DarkSaint85
And yet, SpOck seems less effective than Peter. I still don't think we can or should transfer feats between them.

Having SpOck come up with a tech solution seems far more likely than him relying on his SS.

SamZED
Only difference between them is Pete's heart force and Kung fu skills. SpOck makes up for it with brutality. He's been pretty beastly and relies on his SS when he needs to to the point Avengers couldn't lay a finger on him until he got distracted. Thene there are feats from superior team up.

ShadowFyre
Gorgon wasn't able to dodge shang chi throwing a flaming piece of wood at him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.