Assassins Creed: Unity (Fall 2014)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://kotaku.com/leaked-images-reveal-one-of-this-falls-two-assassins-1547111652

18th century Paris this time. Its going to take place during the French Revolution and center around a new assassin named Arno There is also apparently another assassins creed game coming out with this one this fall. They are just cranking them out now aren't they? Black Flag was my favorite in the series, but wow.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/12/1395250451-assassins-creed-unity.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/t_ku-xlarge2/ojrxzdlagqakgvwkledr.png

Arachnid1
SQng7EkJHOI

BloodRain
No white hood?

Also wonder what that Parkour up/down business is.

Smasandian
Its been theorized that it means you have much greater control on how to run. AC has the really annoying ability to not go somewhere where you want to go. Maybe the up/down stops that from happening.

Digi
The one-a-year model made me jump ship on this series. I can't get excited about any new release at this point. Maybe I'll wait another year or two, read the wiki synopses of the games in between and just skip them, so it will finally feel like a new experience again instead of the same game with new skins and maps.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Digi
The one-a-year model made me jump ship on this series. I can't get excited about any new release at this point. Maybe I'll wait another year or two, read the wiki synopses of the games in between and just skip them, so it will finally feel like a new experience again instead of the same game with new skins and maps.

To be fair, the "one a year" isn't done by one studio. Look at 3 and 4, and how different they are in many ways.

This isn't like, Fifa or Madden, etc.

Smasandian
Well, let's be realistic. Even though 3 and 4 are different, the gameplay is very similar. It's just the subject matter.

I might miss this one. I have no interest in the time period. I want Japan!

Digi
Originally posted by -Pr-
To be fair, the "one a year" isn't done by one studio. Look at 3 and 4, and how different they are in many ways.

This isn't like, Fifa or Madden, etc.

Fair enough. But I played all of them through 3, and a lot of them were just new skins and maps. I can't even remember the differences between the three games with Ezio. The series has been treading water since Brotherhood, imo, though I can't comment in-depth on 4.

Also, what Smas said. There's only so much I can do the same core gameplay.

Smasandian
Ubisoft has said that different teams are making the game but there is a core group that oversees the franchise. They make all the decisions.

So it is done by the same studio.

I really enjoyed 4 but I also have a soft spot for Sid Meiers Pirates and I got the same feeling when I was playing AC4. But it still follows the exact structure that all the other AC games do.

Like I said before, I want Japan! Ninjas! Samurais! Huge open field battles! Sign me up!

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Smasandian
Ubisoft has said that different teams are making the game but there is a core group that oversees the franchise. They make all the decisions.

So it is done by the same studio.

I really enjoyed 4 but I also have a soft spot for Sid Meiers Pirates and I got the same feeling when I was playing AC4. But it still follows the exact structure that all the other AC games do.

Like I said before, I want Japan! Ninjas! Samurais! Huge open field battles! Sign me up! Agreed with this. Pirates and Ninjas were the main two eras I wanted to explore. I got pirates, and that became my favorite AC game. Give me ninjas! Its the only way you'll compare!

Demonic Phoenix
Fair enough. But I played all of them through 3, and a lot of them were just new skins and maps. I can't even remember the differences between the three games with Ezio. The series has been treading water since Brotherhood, imo, though I can't comment in-depth on 4.

You don't remember this????

ZjXrTZiczmg

Nephthys

Well it was a continuation in terms of the story instead of the gameplay. That said, Brotherhood wasn't that great. At least in terms of the Ezio storyline. It was pretty much just treading water, killing a new bunch of bad guys for contrived reasons while significant story elements happened to Desmond. But I thought Revelations was rather excellent on the Ezio (and Altiar) front, while Desmond was the guy just treading water. With some backstory thrown in to try to make him less dull.

It seems like the series is samey because of the one a year release schedule and the lack of real gameplay development. But I don't really think theres much need to change the gameplay unless theres a real change in setting. They keep trying to add new elements and mostly they just come off as innovation for innovations sake. The bombs and tower defense in Revelations for example. Theres so many weapons and gameplay features packed in now that its kind of absurd.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Nephthys
Well it was a continuation in terms of the story instead of the gameplay. That said, Brotherhood wasn't that great. At least in terms of the Ezio storyline. It was pretty much just treading water, killing a new bunch of bad guys for contrived reasons while significant story elements happened to Desmond. But I thought Revelations was rather excellent on the Ezio (and Altiar) front, while Desmond was the guy just treading water. With some backstory thrown in to try to make him less dull.

Blasphemy mad

But nah, I really think Ubisoft need to stop making AC games for just a bit oh and as for innovative gameplay mechanics, maybe instead of giving us bombs and ships they can do something about there rather unimpressive stealth mechanic. C'mon if they could do it with Splinter Cell then they can improve AC's stealth too right.

As for this new AC game, I don't have a very good first impression of it. The whole thing literally screams "cash grab" and I've had one to many of those this year.

Smasandian
Yeah it does.

I wonder if this series would be as successful if it wasn't for the history.

They need to completely change it up. AC3 at least changed the setting but there hasn't been anything new since AC2. They need to gut it. They also need to stop putting so much useless gameplay mechanics in it. In AC4, there was so man collectibles that the parts that were fun (raiding plantations for ex.) were lost when there is a billion animus fragments laying around.

Digi
F*ck collectibles, and achievements for that matter. The mentality that they've fostered in gamers - and thus games - is mind-numbing.

Do you want to experience a pulse-pounding action sequence? Really become invested in a character? No, I want to complete some arbitrary challenge so I can upload it to my Youtube channel.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kazenji
"Shrugs"....i don't mind doing achievements for games but its more of an optional thing for me, Collectables are okay sometimes usually you unlock something in the game

but yeah its stupid how its become with some people nowadays, Those are more important then the game itself

even xboxachievements.com and their Playstation counterpart they even give them a rating when reviewing games erm

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

But nah, I really think Ubisoft need to stop making AC games for just a bit oh and as for innovative gameplay mechanics, maybe instead of giving us bombs and ships they can do something about there rather unimpressive stealth mechanic. C'mon if they could do it with Splinter Cell then they can improve AC's stealth too right.

as average as AC1 was even that had decent stealth mechanics.

Arachnid1
F*ck collectibles, and achievements for that matter. The mentality that they've fostered in gamers - and thus games - is mind-numbing.

Do you want to experience a pulse-pounding action sequence? Really become invested in a character? No, I want to complete some arbitrary challenge so I can upload it to my Youtube channel.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Thats why you go achievement hunting AFTER you beat the game. Its a reason to go back to a game you really love after you finish it.

But yes, people who waste their first playthroughs for exactly what you described is something I'll never understand.

Smasandian
Well, a lot of the upgrades are tied to collection quests thus why you would do them during your first play through. Or it's tied to some sort of storytelling, which for some people (like me) like to get the entire story without having the play the game again.

Kazenji
Well if you really liked the game then you would go ahead play the game again.

Smasandian
That's the wrong assumption to make.

I don't. Not because I didn't mind it but because there is a new AC game that gets released every year. Instead of replaying it, I would wait until the new gets released.

Also, not every game replays well.

Zack Fair
I just don't like yearly releases.

Demonic Phoenix
62QxAJegws8
6Og9q-i98E4

The parkour in this game looks absolutely awesome. Fighting looks like utter shite. Finally a crouch feature that doesn't rely on cover.
And dat blood splatter.

I've played every major console AC game, don't see myself stopping that trend this time.

ares834
Co-op play sounds great.

And, while AC3 and Revelations were incredibly stale, Ubi redeemed themselves with Black Flag. I'm goign to be picking up this one as well.

-Pr-
Controlled descent is a REALLY nice addition.

Building interiors? Nice.

Stealth mode is a welcome (not to mention needed) addition.

Paris looks great, and it's high time we had a city again with so many rooftops; something the last two games have really not been that bothered with (while they had them in 3, they were heavily guarded, which discouraged using them imo). High-ground feature is nice.

It looks like they really worked hard on making the parkour more seamless. I like that.

I just hope they've gotten rid of the whole "one button does everything" system.

BloodRain
Haven't had this anticipation since the first trailer for AC2.

Agreed on the rooftops. As much as openworld in 3 and 4 were, it was so spacious. Too spacious for parkour or to even remain above the ground for more than a hundred feet. That with the 'up/down' manouvers is enough to want this.

Would like to see what else they have in combat. Where 3/4 lacked the stealthy, roofin', assassin side of things, they sure did a good job on the combat aspect. On that, I was disappointed when the gameplay vid for 4 had Ed crouching outside of bushes, with the dev stating that stealth has been worked on. Glad they finally did that and more.

How do you think the multiplayer will work?

Demonic Phoenix
Arno looks like Altair in that intro cutscene when he's surveying the crowd, and when he kills someone at an execution.

Do you mean the co-op? Maybe you invite them?
For Far Cry 4, 'friends' can be invited to play even if they don't have the game, on PS4. Maybe this will be similar.

EDIT: No Competitive Multiplayer. Awesome. Now they can concentrate on the story campaign.
Paris is going to be massive apparently.

http://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-unitys-paris-is-huge-really-huge-1588817927

ares834
The one thing I dislike about that trailer is the song. Lorde butchered that song. The original is vastly better.

-Pr-
Originally posted by BloodRain
Haven't had this anticipation since the first trailer for AC2.

Agreed on the rooftops. As much as openworld in 3 and 4 were, it was so spacious. Too spacious for parkour or to even remain above the ground for more than a hundred feet. That with the 'up/down' manouvers is enough to want this.

Would like to see what else they have in combat. Where 3/4 lacked the stealthy, roofin', assassin side of things, they sure did a good job on the combat aspect. On that, I was disappointed when the gameplay vid for 4 had Ed crouching outside of bushes, with the dev stating that stealth has been worked on. Glad they finally did that and more.

How do you think the multiplayer will work?

Me personally, no idea. I'd like to think it will be some fun co-op, but I don't tend to play AC multiplayer.

Smasandian
Originally, I had no interest in this game.

But after seeing some of the gameplay, it does look kind of fun. I'm hoping they fill the game with memorable gameplay, take away some of the useless collection shit and that the new additions (controlled descent and etc) change how the game is played.

Kazenji
This game got brought up in regards to more female protagonist in games topic

http://dangolding.tumblr.com/post/88625164678/notes-on-ubisofts-charlotte-corday

-Pr-
Originally, I had no interest in this game.

But after seeing some of the gameplay, it does look kind of fun. I'm hoping they fill the game with memorable gameplay, take away some of the useless collection shit and that the new additions (controlled descent and etc) change how the game is played.

I'm the same, tbh. Even after finishing Black Flag, which I enjoyed, this game didn't really grab me until E3.

Originally posted by Kazenji

http://dangolding.tumblr.com/post/88625164678/notes-on-ubisofts-charlotte-corday

Yeah, there was a lot of that... I dunno how to feel about it.

Demonic Phoenix

http://dangolding.tumblr.com/post/88625164678/notes-on-ubisofts-charlotte-corday Originally posted by -Pr-

Yeah, there was a lot of that... I dunno how to feel about it.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I reckon there'd be a shit-storm from some people if they had gone with a female main character. People lose their shit too easily over the smallest matters these days.

Still, you'd think Ubisoft would make at least one of the co-op assassins a female.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I reckon there'd be a shit-storm from some people if they had gone with a female main character. People lose their shit too easily over the smallest matters these days.

Still, you'd think Ubisoft would make at least one of the co-op assassins a female.

Aye. Honestly, It is one of those situations where they really can't win. They should have decided right from the start whether they were going to have them or not, and just shut up about it.

I get that they wanted to create a whole new skeleton and moveset if they were going to incorporate a female player, rather than just slap a skin on Arno, and tbh, I can see why: They would have gotten shit about that too. At the end of the day though, these are people with lives and families, and if I was a dev sitting there at 4:30 on a Friday, and they said "we want you to start doing overtime to work on the female character", I can't imagine many people would accept it, given how overworked they are in the first place.

I actually think that putting the main character as a female in the first place would have been fine; it's a series whose narrative would definitely work with a female protagonist. I doubt it would have been a big deal to use a female instead of a male, nor should it be.

tbh, I think most AAA games, narrative permitting, should come with the option to play as either gender as standard, except where that wouldn't really fit (males in Tomb Raider, females in GTA). Then nobody would *****.

This line though:

****ing gold. This is Assassin's Creed. It's ALL they do.

Kazenji

I actually think that putting the main character as a female in the first place would have been fine; it's a series whose narrative would definitely work with a female protagonist

Well they have already done a Assassins Creed game with a female protagonist... AC: Liberation, but still i would'eve like seen another game with one

GTA could work, After all we have seen a female running criminal organizations, GTA 3 had that Asuka Kasen & also Catalina.

KingD19
And that voodoo lady in vice city. A new gta that let you customize your character fully (race, look, secure preference, etc...) would be c awesome

-Pr-
Well they have already done a Assassins Creed game with a female protagonist... AC: Liberation, but still i would'eve like seen another game with one

Aveline was a reskinned male model and base, though. Not the same thing as building up a female model from scratch.

That, and it wasn't a AAA title.

Originally posted by KingD19
And that voodoo lady in vice city. A new gta that let you customize your character fully (race, look, secure preference, etc...) would be c awesome

Typo on my part; It was supposed to be GTA5, which was, even according to the devs, a very male centric game that dealt heavily with masculinity. A female protagonist really wouldn't have fit in to that kind of game.

Future GTA, sure. I really do hope we get to make our own characters in future instalments; I've wanted that for years.

wakkawakkawakka
Aveline was a reskinned male model and base, though. Not the same thing as building up a female model from scratch._
Define female character. Not trying to undermine your suggest but I'm curious as to just how differently the character would function in contrast to a male.

ares834

Jesus... This sorta shit is becoming straight up ridiculous now.

-Pr-
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Define female character. Not trying to undermine your suggest but I'm curious as to just how differently the character would function in contrast to a male.

Ubisoft are taking the stance that a female character has to be animated completely differently. Probably with horribly swaying hips and jiggling boobs.

Arachnid1
Ubisoft are taking the stance that a female character has to be animated completely differently. Probably with horribly swaying hips and jiggling boobs. Makes sense. Reusing a male model for a female main character is a bit lazy.

Though I'm pretty sure they had female characters in the online portion of all the games. They could just use and edit those, can't they?

Still, the whole argument is a bit ridiculous. It really is a lose/lose situation. That link Kazenji put up has some guy using the fact that they had a female protagonist in the past as a point to argue Ubisofts sexism. confused

The option would be cool, but if they don't have the time, they don't have the time. They shouldn't be put to a firing squad for that.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Makes sense. Reusing a male model for a female main character is a bit lazy.

Though I'm pretty sure they had female characters in the online portion of all the games. They could just use and edit those, can't they?

Still, the whole argument is a bit ridiculous. It really is a lose/lose situation. That link Kazenji put up has some guy using the fact that they had a female protagonist in the past as a point to argue Ubisofts sexism. confused

The option would be cool, but if they don't have the time, they don't have the time. They shouldn't be put to a firing squad for that.

IIRC, Mass Effect had the same basic set of animations for both genders, and just scaled the skeleton's size for the versions of Shepard they used, and I don't recall people bitching about femshep seeming too manly. She looked plenty feminine to me, at least.

I don't believe Ubisoft is sexist at all, or at least, the average dev isn't. Maybe there's some ******* up in the top of the company that only wants male protagonists or something, but I doubt it. The fact that a woman is actually the head of the AC multiplayer section (from what I've read, anyway), also makes me doubt it a little bit.

Well the problem has gone from "they don't have women multiplayer characters" to "why is there not a woman in the single player as opposed to a man?". It's been blown up completely, and unfairly, imo.

That said, it's been 6 AAA games on major consoles (not including the Aveline game), and we haven't had a female protagonist yet in a major release. Might be time to give us one, if at the very least for variety's sake... And for the fact that Liberation, to me, felt very restricted in terms of gameplay.

Lek Kuen
IIRC, Mass Effect had the same basic set of animations for both genders, and just scaled the skeleton's size for the versions of Shepard they used, and I don't recall people bitching about femshep seeming too manly. She looked plenty feminine to me, at least.

I don't believe Ubisoft is sexist at all, or at least, the average dev isn't. Maybe there's some ******* up in the top of the company that only wants male protagonists or something, but I doubt it. The fact that a woman is actually the head of the AC multiplayer section (from what I've read, anyway), also makes me doubt it a little bit.

Well the problem has gone from "they don't have women multiplayer characters" to "why is there not a woman in the single player as opposed to a man?". It's been blown up completely, and unfairly, imo.

That said, it's been 6 AAA games on major consoles (not including the Aveline game), and we haven't had a female protagonist yet in a major release. Might be time to give us one, if at the very least for variety's sake... And for the fact that Liberation, to me, felt very restricted in terms of gameplay.

Femshep was military anyway, a little masculine is expected.

As for the Ubisoft thing eh there are a little more sexist practices then you think. But it's more so just idiocy. Major publishers think females don't sell, and when a game with a female does badly they say that's the reason instead of it being a bad game. I remember a few issues with games where people up-top bitched to get game genders or characters changed.

As for the overall argument I think people are misfiring. Female representation is a problem in mainstream gaming, but people are soo zealous that they are blind firing at everyone instead of targeting the problem.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
Femshep was military anyway, a little masculine is expected.

As for the Ubisoft thing eh there are a little more sexist practices then you think. But it's more so just idiocy. Major publishers think females don't sell, and when a game with a female does badly they say that's the reason instead of it being a bad game. I remember a few issues with games where people up-top bitched to get game genders or characters changed.

As for the overall argument I think people are misfiring. Female representation is a problem in mainstream gaming, but people are soo zealous that they are blind firing at everyone instead of targeting the problem.

True, but iirc they did the same thing in Dragon Age. I wouldn't be surprised if Resident Evil was the same. The only single player game I can think of that I've played recently to have vastly different men and women characters was Arkham City. Catwoman doesn't really play like Bruce at all, but at the same time, she's highly sexualised, so it's a toss up, I'm sure.

I agree that there's some sexism as regards the whole "women don't sell" thing, as it's obvious that they can and do. I just think that certain things are said to be sexist when they aren't, also.

Aye, that's true. There needs to be more representation of women in games. It just needs to be done in a way that brings male and female gamers together, rather than alienating one group to appease the other.

Lek Kuen
The best way to do that is good writing. But this is gaming where good writing is like .5% of games

-Pr-
The best way to do that is good writing. But this is gaming where good writing is like .5% of games

Unless its bioware obviously.

Lek Kuen
For every dragon age we have 50 Ride to hells

-Pr-
For every dragon age we have 50 Ride to hells

Yeah sad

BruceSkywalker
all right who is buying this for me??? big grin

-Pr-
When it's like 5 dollars on steam, sure. stick out tongue

PTforthewin
I hope they don't have online for a female protagonist game, there will be girls wearing stripper outfits everywhere and I hate naked women.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by PTforthewin
I hope they don't have online for a female protagonist game, there will be girls wearing stripper outfits everywhere and I hate naked women.

Your parents let you on the computer this late, child?

Tzeentch
He probably snuck into the living room after they went to bed.

Kazenji
Aveline was a reskinned male model and base, though. Not the same thing as building up a female model from scratch.

That, and it wasn't a AAA title.

So wait a game like that isn't a triple A title because it doens't get released on a console or PC erm

and it seems your just lowballing that character. No matter what you say it still was the first female assassin in those games.

Lek Kuen
So wait a game like that isn't a triple A title because it doens't get released on a console or PC erm

and it seems your just lowballing that character. No matter what you say it still was the first female assassin in those games.

It's not triple A because it was lower in budget and lower in scope then the main line games. There is a reason ubisoft considered it a side game and spent the bulk of their resources on 3. It was from a tripple A publisher but it was just a side project to fill out the releases

-Pr-

Like Lek said, it was a side game. How is it lowballing to state the truth about how the character was created and animated?

It's great that Aveline was the main character, but seriously, let's not pretend that it's the same thing as her being the protagonist in a proper, fully fleshed-out Assassin's Creed game.

Lek Kuen
Pretty much. A small spin off can be about anything. Doesn't mean they are willing to do it on the real money makers

-Pr-
Pretty much. A small spin off can be about anything. Doesn't mean they are willing to do it on the real money makers

Yep.

If they do plan to bring out an Assassin's Creed every year, then I'd hope that at least one or two of the next bunch will have a female protagonist.

Estacado
Finally!!
They fixed the damn cover system.Thank god!!
Otherwise looks good.

Smasandian
You mean the lack of cover system?

Hahaha. I always thought they should copy Splinter Cell cover system....it makes sense.

Estacado
haermm
Yup you are right.
When I played AC 4 after Arkham Origins and SC Blacklist.
I though damn the stealth sucks so much ass but it seems they have fixed it so that's definetly good.

Smasandian
Yeah.

It's funny how fixing the cover system and having the ability to get down a building without jumping into the conveniently placed hay stacks (or jumping from 5 stories up and not dying) makes me want to play it.

Estacado
Yeah.

It's funny how fixing the cover system and having the ability to get down a building without jumping into the conveniently placed hay stacks (or jumping from 5 stories up and not dying) makes me want to play it.
Yup.
It's stuff that should have been fixed after the 1st game.haermm

When I first saw that there is another Ac I was like phuck it what new stuff could they offer.

After seeing a few videos I say bring it!biscuits

Smasandian
Yeah, it also helps that the graphics look pretty.

I do hope they have thoughtful side quests.

Estacado
Gonna have to get a ps4.

Graphics do look really good!

Also some new weapons would be nice!

-Pr-
Yeah.

Aye. I suppose it's true: better late than never.

Yeah, it also helps that the graphics look pretty.

I do hope they have thoughtful side quests.

they talked about how the "tailing" quests have been redesigned to less frustrating in general, to give people more freedom and to be less strict.

Smasandian
Yeah. At least not so much of them. In AC4, it seems every mission started out tailing somebody....

My point is that I rather have memorable side activities instead of a thousand of them. For example, in one of the gameplay videos for Unity, you come across a murder mystery. It would be nice to see that side activity be an hour long, filled with memorable moments instead of just something done by hitting Y.

Arkham City is a good example of this. There isn't a ton of activities but the ones they have are awesome. The Riddler section has interesting puzzles but instead of relying on getting the trophies, they put in a sequence where you have to save some cops. That was unexpected but awesome.

That's what I want in Unity. Not like Watch Dogs where you just open your map and you complete the task and by the way, there is 40 of them exactly the same as before (there seems to be a lot of killers, rapists and assassins in Chicago).

Demonic Phoenix
HUKJZ1ySNGs

Demonic Phoenix
3OjVQBpQSEU

QGA0WZLp_08

Y5tBpPxdZGs

Demonic Phoenix
kXYDm49ws0Y

Demonic Phoenix
tR0uggS9iCA

Great music once again IMO. AC:Unity's Paris looks incredible.

Also, Arno can teleport. vin

Demonic Phoenix
NVGsN8f9GSs

An Altair name-drop and a massive expansion on AC1 style assassinations where you now plan out your assassinations? awesome

Arachnid1
Man, this game looks so amazing. Thank god they finally added crouching.

Zack Fair
Yeah. At least not so much of them. In AC4, it seems every mission started out tailing somebody....

My point is that I rather have memorable side activities instead of a thousand of them. For example, in one of the gameplay videos for Unity, you come across a murder mystery. It would be nice to see that side activity be an hour long, filled with memorable moments instead of just something done by hitting Y.

Arkham City is a good example of this. There isn't a ton of activities but the ones they have are awesome. The Riddler section has interesting puzzles but instead of relying on getting the trophies, they put in a sequence where you have to save some cops. That was unexpected but awesome.

That's what I want in Unity. Not like Watch Dogs where you just open your map and you complete the task and by the way, there is 40 of them exactly the same as before (there seems to be a lot of killers, rapists and assassins in Chicago). thumb up

Smasandian
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Man, this game looks so amazing. Thank god they finally added crouching.

I know.

I didn't realize adding a crouch button would make me buy a game.

Arachnid1
I know.

I didn't realize adding a crouch button would make me buy a game. Same here. It always bothered me that they marketed AC as stealth when it was almost completely action. Thank god this finally changed that.

Demonic Phoenix
To be fair, AC was more about social stealth/hiding in plain sight than hiding behind objects and sticking to the shadows.

But it was pretty weird how in-game Ezio would walk at normal pace and not be heard.

Smasandian
That was an idea originally but further into the series, you were expected to sneak by groups of people without being detected.

Which was annoying without a damn crouch button.

Demonic Phoenix
J9Z4P92wGG0

BlackZero30x
I just ordered the collectors edition of this on Dell.com for $59.99. I called them after the purchase was made and asked to make sure it was all legit. The woman checked and apparently the person that listed it made a mistake and put the collectors edition for regular price. She said since it was their mistake they would honor it

Demonic Phoenix
The season pass apparently has a downloadable 2.5D game with Shao Jun (from Embers) as the playable character, in China.

Demonic Phoenix
b5K7x2qZokU

Nemesis X
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Why-PS4-Owners-Mad-About-Assassin-Creed-Unity-67697.html

facepalm

Smasandian
Ahhhh who cares!

Demonic Phoenix
VXvzvyDPHHY

Some of the cryptic messages in AC1 are shown in the trailer.

Spidervlad
Anybody here other than me who completely hated Black Flag?

Wtf was up with killing assassins in that game? After playing all the Assassin's Creed and loving the Brotherhood, I cringed as I was forced to kill/attack my comrades.

Terrible.

And now they have Assassin's Creed: Rogue coming out too.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Nemesis X
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Why-PS4-Owners-Mad-About-Assassin-Creed-Unity-67697.html

facepalm

Typical Ubisoft lies and bullshit.

Demonic Phoenix
_tyG1F9kyPM

Arno's running animation is lame-ass. Fighting looks tedious.
Otherwise, damn. I want to buy a PS4 for this game. I'm also interested in their version of the French Revolution.

Estacado
Yup he looks like a total retard while running and fighting...haermm
Game looks gorgeous though...

Demonic Phoenix
ZSoEXiEgk5o

Estacado
Anyone playing this?
Is it any good?

Lek Kuen
It's a buggy broken mess by most accounts

Estacado
Fo real?

Lek Kuen
Yup Ubisoft has been trying to fix it.

But it'st obvious they knew it was broken. They had a review embargo for after it launched. Not a launch embargo nope if they gave you a copy you couldn't review it until after people collected their preorder or insta bought.

Bentley
I really want to see the 3D models of the french revolution, too bad it comes with a Assassin's Creed game sad

Estacado

But it'st obvious they knew it was broken. They had a review embargo for after it launched. Not a launch embargo nope if they gave you a copy you couldn't review it until after people collected their preorder or insta bought.
Damn.

ares834

TBF, many games do that now days unfortunately.

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by ares834
TBF, many games do that now days unfortunately.

Not really post launch isn't that common. Launch is stupidly. But people like TB and kotaku said that most don't say like "Wait until 7 pm on launch day" and can put it up in the morning

NemeBro
Yeah, I've heard the game is shit.

Estacado
Glad I decided to wait with it and buy something else instead.

Bentley
Further proof Ubisoft is mastering its sucking balls trade tree.

ares834
Not really post launch isn't that common. Launch is stupidly. But people like TB and kotaku said that most don't say like "Wait until 7 pm on launch day" and can put it up in the morning

Ah read your post wrong. And not because you worded it poorly. I just figured worded it poorly and meant that the embargo lifted at launch as the alternative was too ridiculous to believe.

Lek Kuen
A really shitty thing to do on their part

-Pr-
It's typical of Ubisoft's behaviour in recent times. They aren't just ****ing with PC gamers anymore, and the sad thing is, they're getting away with it, because people still buy their stuff.

Lek Kuen
Someone had to step up and take EAs place as Emperor when they slowly began going to the light.

-Pr-
Yeah. Like you said, EA had to go and make Origin actually pleasant to use, among other things.

Smasandian
Yeah, I always felt EA wasn't as bad as Activision. I think Ubisoft is becoming the worst.

It feels like EA has some different genres they work with while Ubisoft has all their games resembling one vision.

And I don't mind Origin. They offer refunds (or they used too) and the DL speeds are very fast for me.

-Pr-
They still offer refunds iirc, something that even Steam doesn't do.

Smasandian
Unless you really, really ***** and it's clearly obvious the game is not playable.

-Pr-
laughing out loud

Given Steam's QA issues, i'm sure that's not exactly a very rare thing.

Lek Kuen
They still offer refunds iirc, something that even Steam doesn't do.

Yeah steam offers 1 refund and that's it. Unless it's a mass refund for a broken game. Otherwise you have to harass them for weeks.

I was hoping origin doing it would sort of force their hand, but not yet.

Bentley
It feels like EA has some different genres they work with while Ubisoft has all their games resembling one vision.

Child of Light = Rayman = Watchdogs = Just Dance?

Smasandian
Yes, I forgot about Rayman.

But they're major titles are all open world collection fest. Even the head of Ubisoft told everybody to start creating open world games.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bentley
I really want to see the 3D models of the french revolution, too bad it comes with a Assassin's Creed game sad

Get to kill and French & Destroy their ships in the Rogue game stick out tongue

Kazenji
With what's happen in real life with Notre-Dame, Ubisoft has made Unity free to play on it's Uplay store.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.