Rinnegan Obito vs Itachi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

USSJ
all out fight. both are alive.
both have all available powers.
time period: rinnegan obito has been warped back to part 1.
knowledge of abilities: manga
distance: 100m

AuraAngel
Does Obito get his paths?

chasedown
obito doesnt even use the Rinnegan jutsu that madara and nagato use. he can only link eyesight and summon the gedo mazo

AuraAngel
Yes but if he has the paths it is largely irrelevant lol.

TheTyrant
Check Mangekyo-less, super nerferd, and holding back Itachi vs Naruto, Chiyo, Kakashi, and Sakura. Itachi 'lost' to a combined effort from all four after making Naruto cry. Then check tired Kakashi vs tired Obito. Kakashi straight-up beat that ass.

NemeBro
Because two hundredish chapters isn't enough time for a character to get stronger.

TheTyrant
200 chapters that cover a month or two at best vs 25 or so years of training in the past. Like Kakashi has 10 years on Itachi and was still getting stomped on their first encounter, so how would he surpass Itachi's progression out of nowhere? That would make no sense, especially with the whole greatest prodigy in Narutoverse thing Itachi has going for him.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Does Obito get his paths?

They wouldn't make a difference.

Itachi still uses Izanami to one shot Obito. GG.

TheTyrant
Only thing Obito has going for him is somewhat keeping up with BM Naruto which obviously means nothing to Kishimoto, as a week or so prior to that, Konan was fighting him without getting blitzed. Obito's Kamui wouldn't do much and it wouldn't be long before Itachi figures out his weakness like Minato did.

SSJGGogeta
Yeah, this is retarded. Obito has nothing that could even come close to damaging Itachi, unless we assume that he has all the path abilities like Pain does.

Either way, Itachi can just spam Amaterasu, as we've seen it's too fast for Obito to dodge or port away from. The only thing he can do is presumably warp it away and get rid of it with his genjutsu world thing, or possibly seal it like Jiraiya did. Or even use Izanagi once, but it would still **** him in the end and he can only use it once. Itachi would still wear him down, and beat him with shear Taijutsu even in his mangekyo world, seeing as how Kakashi could do the same and Itachi soloed Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai casually with using only one Mangekyo attack.

chasedown
According to ssgogeta itachi is light speed so obito has no chance

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by chasedown
According to ssgogeta itachi is light speed so obito has no chance

Except I never said that. He has faster than light speed reaction in his prime, just like Raikage.

You're just pissed because you still can't come up with a single argument against me.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Check Mangekyo-less, super nerferd, and holding back Itachi vs Naruto, Chiyo, Kakashi, and Sakura. Itachi 'lost' to a combined effort from all four after making Naruto cry. Then check tired Kakashi vs tired Obito. Kakashi straight-up beat that ass.

Read the Itachi fight again. His performance is subpar really. And it doesn't matter because Obito has Kamui here, not like in the Kakashi fight.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
They wouldn't make a difference.

Itachi still uses Izanami to one shot Obito. GG.

Indeed. If Itachi is to win then Izanami is the key. If Obito got his Jinchuriki Paths then he could overwhelm Itachi with attacks. Without them then Obito would have to rely on the Gedo Mazo to create an opening for him but Itachi would have plenty of time to create a counter attack.

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Yeah, this is retarded. Obito has nothing that could even come close to damaging Itachi, unless we assume that he has all the path abilities like Pain does.

Either way, Itachi can just spam Amaterasu, as we've seen it's too fast for Obito to dodge or port away from. The only thing he can do is presumably warp it away and get rid of it with his genjutsu world thing, or possibly seal it like Jiraiya did. Or even use Izanagi once, but it would still **** him in the end and he can only use it once. Itachi would still wear him down, and beat him with shear Taijutsu even in his mangekyo world, seeing as how Kakashi could do the same and Itachi soloed Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai casually with using only one Mangekyo attack.

He can.

Obito has been attacked with Amaterasu twice. Twice it has failed. And one of those times was Itachi deliberately trying to kill him. And as Obito has no need to capture Itachi then he would have little reason to take Itachi into his Kamui world. And Itachi's fight against Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai pales in comparison to Tobi fighting off a stronger Kakashi, Naruto in KCM, Might Guy, and Killerbee. Take away Kakashi's Kamui and he could have kept them at bay much longer.

Demonic Phoenix

Indeed. If Itachi is to win then Izanami is the key. If Obito got his Jinchuriki Paths then he could overwhelm Itachi with attacks. Without them then Obito would have to rely on the Gedo Mazo to create an opening for him but Itachi would have plenty of time to create a counter attack.

Well, I was only trying to troll the thread. But you are one of the few users here I don't want to troll, so meh.

He can.

Obito has been attacked with Amaterasu twice. Twice it has failed. And one of those times was Itachi deliberately trying to kill him. And as Obito has no need to capture Itachi then he would have little reason to take Itachi into his Kamui world. And Itachi's fight against Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai pales in comparison to Tobi fighting off a stronger Kakashi, Naruto in KCM, Might Guy, and Killerbee. Take away Kakashi's Kamui and he could have kept them at bay much longer.

What was the second time? Are you referring to the time when he casually rebuffed Sasuke's Amaterasu? Because that's a much stronger Obito...who'd still be one-shotted by Izanami.

Without Kakashi's Kamui being the key it was, Obito would have probably won IMO, barring 8 Gates of course.

~ Itachi still soloes the thread.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Well, I was only trying to troll the thread. But you are one of the few users here I don't want to troll, so meh.

What was the second time? Are you referring to the time when he casually rebuffed Sasuke's Amaterasu? Because that's a much stronger Obito...who'd still be one-shotted by Izanami.

Without Kakashi's Kamui being the key it was, Obito would have probably won IMO, barring 8 Gates of course.

~ Itachi still soloes the thread.

Yet you try it all the time! D:

Si. I was naturally trolling there.

Indubitably. 8 Gates Guy is hax.

He may solo the thread but he can't solo Obito. He'd need ninja crow's help. awesome

TheTyrant
Read the Itachi fight again. His performance is subpar really. And it doesn't matter because Obito has Kamui here, not like in the Kakashi fight.How was his performance sub-par? He fcked Naruto up and only 'lost' because of several handicaps. To Itachi, the point of that fight was to test out Naruto and follow Pein's orders. Basically, Itachi wasn't out to kill whereas his four opponents were.

Kakashi didn't use Kamui and Itachi didn't use Susano'o, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, or any of his other abilities that would insta-kill Kakashi. Pretty sure Itachi's much faster than Kakashi too.

Anyway, what's your case for Obito exactly? That he fought BM Naruto and didn't get blitzed so therefore he's faster than Itachi? Pretty sure that's not how it works according to Kishimoto. Or you wanna say that in a ~week's time Obito went from being slightly faster than Konan to being able to blitz the likes of the Raikage?

AuraAngel
How was his performance sub-par? He fcked Naruto up and only 'lost' because of several handicaps. To Itachi, the point of that fight was to test out Naruto and follow Pein's orders. Basically, Itachi wasn't out to kill whereas his four opponents were.

Kakashi didn't use Kamui and Itachi didn't use Susano'o, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, or any of his other abilities that would insta-kill Kakashi. Pretty sure Itachi's much faster than Kakashi too.

Anyway, what's your case for Obito exactly? That he fought BM Naruto and didn't get blitzed so therefore he's faster than Itachi? Pretty sure that's not how it works according to Kishimoto. Or you wanna say that in a ~week's time Obito went from being slightly faster than Konan to being able to blitz the likes of the Raikage?

Beating Naruto with genjutsu is not hard. Chiyo and Sakura broke him out without breaking a sweat.

The reason it was subpar is simple: the fight was short and Kakashi/Naruto barely had to put in effort to win. Kakashi used a clone and a Doton while Naruto used Odama Rasengan. Itachi even admits that Kakashi was able to trick him. This is clearly not the same Kakashi who could not follow Itachi's handsigns. When Kakashi's clone and Itachi had their little exchange Kakashi showed the ability to dodge him.

And my case for Obito? Simple. He is faster because Bijuu Mode Naruto is faster than anyone Itachi has fought. And please note anywhere where Tobi struggled with Konan's speed in her fight. All I saw was Obito moving fast enough to port an explosion. Sure when she used her 600 Billion Paper Explosion move he had to fall back on Izanagi but the question there is most certainly one of quantity, not quality. Not even the Raikage could dodge 600 Billion grenades going off for 10 minutes straight.

yungz22
If you think about it kamui is a rather hax ability. Teamwork is needed to get past it unless of course you have ftg or another eye capable of kamui. Itachi would have trouble against him. Itachi would have killed obito quickly if he could but he didnt he chose to listen follow his orders and bide time

Demonic Phoenix
Yet you try it all the time! D:

Si. I was naturally trolling there.

Indubitably. 8 Gates Guy is hax.

He may solo the thread but he can't solo Obito. He'd need ninja crow's help. awesome

Try and succeed. But I'll stop.

Damn.

Night Elephant = Double Lariat. thumb up

Itachi would hand over ninja crow to Obito for his personal usage and still solo the thread. peaches

Based
Obito gets wrecked.

SSJGGogeta
Yes.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by AuraAngel Beating Naruto with genjutsu is not hard. Chiyo and Sakura broke him out without breaking a sweat.

After Naruto was broke down into tears. And again, it's not like he was out to kill them; he was only interested in Naruto.

Naruto did put effort in. He tried and failed at breaking Itachi's genjutsu. Plus, Itachi was nerfed since he wasn't actually there to fight them. He was using Pein's jutsu to control some random dude. Kakashi kept saying that something was off during their entire scuffle.

Because he wasn't actually there, like I said. He was nerfed.

So you're telling me that Kakashi somehow surpassed Itachi's progress within two years? Because I would really doubt that.

Again, that's gotta be chalked up to the body-double handicapping Itachi.

True. But if you look at their fight, Obito was having a lot of trouble keeping up at times. And Naruto was mostly RM anyway.

He couldn't blitz her even after her plan failed. I'm pretty sure the difference between BM Naruto and Konan would be great enough for a blitz to occur right off the bat. Do you disagree?

Nah. He could have easily blitzed her here for instance:
http://i34.mangapanda.com/naruto/509/naruto-1485955.jpg
http://i18.mangapanda.com/naruto/509/naruto-1485956.jpg

Instead she was casting her jutsu while he was stunned with nothing to hold him back from going right at her face. The fact that she was casting all of her abilities once Obito got down to business proves that he's not all that much faster than her. He also should have been able to easily evade her jutsu at the point where he lost his arm.

Like seriously, if she fought Itachi with the same prep, she'd get outright stomped. All he'd need to do would be put up Susano'o to laugh at everything she can dish out or simply genjutsu the shit out of her, whereas Obito struggled like hell. Even lost an arm and an eye.

Uchiha prodigy >>> Uchiha failure is as simple as it gets, imo. And Itachi was the prodigy of prodigies. One unique and somewhat haxxed ability is not going to make up for three legendary ones.

SSJGGogeta
After Naruto was broke down into tears. And again, it's not like he was out to kill them; he was only interested in Naruto.

Naruto did put effort in. He tried and failed at breaking Itachi's genjutsu. Plus, Itachi was nerfed since he wasn't actually there to fight them. He was using Pein's jutsu to control some random dude. Kakashi kept saying that something was off during their entire scuffle.

So you're telling me that Kakashi somehow surpassed Itachi's progress within two years? Because I would really doubt that.

True. But if you look at their fight, Obito was having a lot of trouble keeping up at times. And Naruto was mostly RM anyway.

He couldn't blitz her even after her plan failed. I'm pretty sure the difference between BM Naruto and Konan would be great enough for a blitz to occur right off the bat. Do you disagree?

Instead she was casting her jutsu while he was stunned with nothing to hold him back from going right at her face. The fact that she was casting all of her abilities once Obito got down to business proves that he's not all that much faster than her. He also should have been able to easily evade her jutsu at the point where he lost his arm.

Like seriously, if she fought Itachi with the same prep, she'd get outright stomped. All he'd need to do would be put up Susano'o to laugh at everything she can dish out or simply genjutsu the shit out of her, whereas Obito struggled like hell. Even lost an arm and an eye.

Uchiha prodigy >>> Uchiha failure is as simple as it gets, imo. And Itachi was the prodigy of prodigies. One unique and somewhat haxxed ability is not going to make up for three legendary ones.

thumb up

AuraAngel

So yeah he accomplished nothing. Also "he's not trying to kill them" is a weak argument for decrediting Kakashi's feats. Deidara wasn't trying to kill Gaara but he still lost his arm. Itachi was still buying time for the Akatsuki and still failed to push any of them anywhere close to a challenge.

Beating Naruto with genjutsu is not hard. He is not a genjutsu guy. And we're given no evidence that Itachi was "nerfed" in terms of physical ability. Kisame remained the same and so did Samehada. Also the Sasuke vs Kakashi fight shows that someone low on chakra can still compete physically and Sasuke was much lower on chakra than Itachi in this fight.

But the question is how substantially. He and Kisame don't seem to be showing much physical fatigue that would make it easier for Kakashi to fight Itachi. And considering Kakashi managed to fight just fine with the other Akatsuki members like Pain it is ridiculous to think he is still as slow as his part 1 self.

Well he both says he got stronger and both Gaara/Sakura prove you can get stronger over two years so...yeah.

Demonstrably untrue and still doesn't invalidate Itachi saying that Kakashi tricked him. Itachi says as much himself.

Not really. They could barely touch and wouldn't have touched him had Kakashi not figured out that his Kamui was connected to Tobi.

He had time to blitz her yes. But the real question is: did he want to blitz her? Given his talking casually to her I would say he did not care to.

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/601/3

Why doesn't Madara just blitz them? Obviously means he can't!

Obito showed that he was amused by her counterattacks and let her use them. And he could have evaded the suicide attack but since he needed her alive he had to port the explosion instead. And the 600 Billion Paper technique is again a question of quantity, not quality. Few people up to that point would have been able to do anything against that move.

His Susano'o makes him a better match up with Konan. But I think Itachi would do much worse against Guy than Obito. And struggled like hell? Please. Obito only got offensive at the very end and shows that he was clearly underestimating her.

Neat. Next time argue feats. The fastest person Itachi has kept up with was KCM Naruto while Obito showed he could do not only that but also fight with Guy, Kakashi, and Bee at the same time. This flat out eclipses anything Itachi has done. And hell he showed the ability to react to Juubidara's attacks.

As it stands Obito's feats are simply better and I would love to see you prove otherwise. Be my guest.

SSJGGogeta
So yeah he accomplished nothing. Also "he's not trying to kill them" is a weak argument for decrediting Kakashi's feats. Deidara wasn't trying to kill Gaara but he still lost his arm. Itachi was still buying time for the Akatsuki and still failed to push any of them anywhere close to a challenge.

Beating Naruto with genjutsu is not hard. He is not a genjutsu guy. And we're given no evidence that Itachi was "nerfed" in terms of physical ability. Kisame remained the same and so did Samehada. Also the Sasuke vs Kakashi fight shows that someone low on chakra can still compete physically and Sasuke was much lower on chakra than Itachi in this fight.

But the question is how substantially. He and Kisame don't seem to be showing much physical fatigue that would make it easier for Kakashi to fight Itachi. And considering Kakashi managed to fight just fine with the other Akatsuki members like Pain it is ridiculous to think he is still as slow as his part 1 self.

Well he both says he got stronger and both Gaara/Sakura prove you can get stronger over two years so...yeah.

Demonstrably untrue and still doesn't invalidate Itachi saying that Kakashi tricked him. Itachi says as much himself.

Not really. They could barely touch and wouldn't have touched him had Kakashi not figured out that his Kamui was connected to Tobi.

He had time to blitz her yes. But the real question is: did he want to blitz her? Given his talking casually to her I would say he did not care to.

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/601/3

Why doesn't Madara just blitz them? Obviously means he can't!

Obito showed that he was amused by her counterattacks and let her use them. And he could have evaded the suicide attack but since he needed her alive he had to port the explosion instead. And the 600 Billion Paper technique is again a question of quantity, not quality. Few people up to that point would have been able to do anything against that move.

His Susano'o makes him a better match up with Konan. But I think Itachi would do much worse against Guy than Obito. And struggled like hell? Please. Obito only got offensive at the very end and shows that he was clearly underestimating her.

Neat. Next time argue feats. The fastest person Itachi has kept up with was KCM Naruto while Obito showed he could do not only that but also fight with Guy, Kakashi, and Bee at the same time. This flat out eclipses anything Itachi has done. And hell he showed the ability to react to Juubidara's attacks.

As it stands Obito's feats are simply better and I would love to see you prove otherwise. Be my guest.

Um, as a matter of fact, that's not true at all. Naruto was forced to use Kyuubi mode and an Oodama rasengan.

The evidence that Itachi was "nerfed", is the fact that the clone was only created with a third of the real Itachi's chakra. Hint: The fact that he couldn't use Mangekyo sharingan. Also, Kisame was obviously NOT at full power. Otherwise he could have used his Samehada chakra healing and his transformation. However, they didn't need to be at full power to simply stall the ninja, which they succeeded perfectly at. thumb up

In Naruto, you are stronger the more chakra you have. Of course that isn't including hax abilities like Amaterasu, Tsukiyomi, Kamui, etc.(just like DBZ in fact). The clones made of Itachi and Kisame only used a third of each others chakra. I.e. They were only a third as strong as they usually were. thumb up

What Tyrant was saying was that there's no way Kakashi, who has shown no noticeable increase other than mangekyo sharingan over the two years. Oh! and he learned rasengan. Those two improvements mean nothing however, because they don't 1. allow him to use an MS technique during a 1 on 1 fight(at least not with Itachi, because he needs to look at someone to use Kamui, and Itachi could easily counter with Tsukiyomi and avoid Kamui), 2. use rasengan in a fight. He's even said he prefers lightning blade.. Not to mention that NEITHER of those improvements have increased his strength, speed or chakra capacity.

Actually, he said that he didn't see Kakashi until it was too late. That could be perceived as any number of things from "you tricked me", to "I can't see well, as you pointed out earlier". Most reasonable, logical thinking people would agree that the latter is the most accurate thing to take away from his statement.

True, but none of the people fighting Obito had genjutsu. Or at least not any that would affect him. Kakashi was demonstrably better at Taijutsu than Obito, and Itachi was better than Kakashi. Itachi>Kakashi>Obito. Also, Itachi is a genius prodigy with hokage level intelligence and reasoning since he was seven. If Kakashi could figure out Obito's ability, then so could Itachi. Either way, Obito has no counter to Itachi's base finger genjutsu.

http://i2.mangapanda.com/naruto/509/naruto-1485954.jpg

How about this? Yes, it's obvious that Obito was toying with her at first, and being cocky, which led to him getting phucked in the ass. However, Konan also outright states that she was faster than him, even after he knew he was in a deadly predicament. This means Konan's top speed>Obito's top speed. The same Konan who was unable to fight on par with base Jiraya. The same Jiraya who died against Pain, who a stronger version of was one-shotted by Itachi. thumb up

Itachi would shit on Gai. The only version that would have a chance is eight gates Gai, which would still probably be incapable of handling any kind of Genjutsu that Itachi could easily tag him with instantly. Gai is a TERRIBLE match up for Itachi, lol. Itachi said that you need to be an Uchiha to beat him for a reason. His base Genjutsu is something that only another Uchiha genjutsu prodigy can go toe to toe with. Obito is NOT that prodigy. The only real people that could possibly beat Itachi one on one would be Madara, EMS Sasuke, possibly Hashirama, the ten tails jinchuriki's, and most likely some of the historic ninja like Hagaromo and his children(along with Kaguya obviously). Obito can NOT do anything against Itachi, who has a counter for his kamui and intangibility, a counter for his fire jutsu, a counter for his paths(which is Tsukiyomi which affects all of them at once), and a counter for his taijutsu. That's why Obito showed so many times that he was afraid of Itachi.

Neat. However, you neglected to admit that Obito only fought on par with them because 1. None of them had genjutsu which is the only thing that can get around kamui, or 2. None of them knew the secret to his intangibility. Once they did know, they were able to continuously tag him. Also, LOLOLOLOLOL, don't forget that he was Jyuubito when that happened, and/or had Kakashi's kamui to help trick Madara. PIS is not a feat when someone who should have been able to shit on another character instead fails to sense simply trickery.

Just like with Naruto, it has been shown that Obito is not a "genjutsu guy". Itachi's genjutsu would shit on him, and I'd like to see your attempt at proving otherwise.

AuraAngel
Um, as a matter of fact, that's not true at all. Naruto was forced to use Kyuubi mode and an Oodama rasengan.

So once again Naruto was not forced to exert himself in any meaningful way.

Case in point: Kisame fought off Team Guy. Aside from Chiyo and Sakura breaking Naruto out of his genjutsu, Kakashi and Naruto literally beat him by themselves.

The evidence that Itachi was "nerfed", is the fact that the clone was only created with a third of the real Itachi's chakra. Hint: The fact that he couldn't use Mangekyo sharingan. Also, Kisame was obviously NOT at full power. Otherwise he could have used his Samehada chakra healing and his transformation. However, they didn't need to be at full power to simply stall the ninja, which they succeeded perfectly at. :up :

Nerfed physically means exactly that. Kisame was still described as strong by Guy so why would Itachi be slow? Keep in mind that, using your 30% chakra means 30% everything argument, that a one hundred percent Kisame should have ripped Asuma's arms off when they clashed in part one. And no Kisame not using Samehada to heal means nothing. He never had an opportunity to rely on healing and no real reason to do the fusion.

In Naruto, you are stronger the more chakra you have. Of course that isn't including hax abilities like Amaterasu, Tsukiyomi, Kamui, etc.(just like DBZ in fact). The clones made of Itachi and Kisame only used a third of each others chakra. I.e. They were only a third as strong as they usually were. thumb up

Then explain how chakra drained characters like Sasuke and Pain can still keep up with others despite being fatigued? Sasuke against Kakashi and Pain against Sage Mode Naruto.

But the kicker is this line of argument will get you nowhere. When Kakashi beat Obito in taijutsu Obito had been fighting for hours without the luxury of an ally giving him chakra. Obito would be so low on chakra it would be pathetic and it was given the only technique he mustered was a simple fire ball. Obito had, without the benefits of Madara's Edo Tensei, been fighting off the entire army the minute they showed up and showed signs of fatigue way earlier. If chakra does indeed indicate physical performance than Obito was obviously not in peak form during his duel with Kakashi.

Not to mention that NEITHER of those improvements have increased his strength, speed or chakra capacity.

Other than the fact that both a) he said he got stronger, b) his stats improve in the databook, c) he tricked Itachi, and d) he went from being toyed with an Akatsuki to fighting them evenly. And chakra capacity? Pfft. He went from a week of rest after two kamui's to spamming it constantly. Suffice it to say that that has certainly improved.

Actually, he said that he didn't see Kakashi until it was too late. That could be perceived as any number of things from "you tricked me", to "I can't see well, as you pointed out earlier". Most reasonable, logical thinking people would agree that the latter is the most accurate thing to take away from his statement.

Ah yes Itachi saying "you are a skilled jutsu user. Because you concealed yourself with that doton, I didn't see you until it was too late" means that we should reasonably assume he wasn't tricked. I mean references to Kakashi's talents before saying he couldn't see what he did? Clearly meant "I'm blind but still so much better than you."

True, but none of the people fighting Obito had genjutsu. Either way, Obito has no counter to Itachi's base finger genjutsu.

Neat. None of the people Itachi fought had this so I guess it balances out. And no, that doesn't mean Itachi could figure it out. Itachi failing to kill Obito with Sasuke's Amaterasu means he clearly didn't figure out Tobi's technique. Also the finger genjutsu? Please. The sharingan would see through that. And if you have the audacity to say Obito couldn't see through it because he's never broken genjutsu then the same applies to Hashirama, Madara, and the Sage himself. erm

http://i2.mangapanda.com/naruto/509/naruto-1485954.jpg

How about this? Yes, it's obvious that Obito was toying with her at first, and being cocky, which led to him getting phucked in the ass. However, Konan also outright states that she was faster than him, even after he knew he was in a deadly predicament. This means Konan's top speed>Obito's top speed.

Learn to read. Obito is the one who says I was faster than you. If you don't believe me then watch the animated adaption where it is clearly him speaking.

Itachi would shit on Gai. The only version that would have a chance is eight gates Gai, which would still probably be incapable of handling any kind of Genjutsu that Itachi could easily tag him with instantly. Gai is a TERRIBLE match up for Itachi, lol.

I'd love to see Itachi catch Guy in a genjutsu since Guy states he only looks at Sharingan users' feet. And the implication that the man who is rocking Juubidara's shit would lose to Itachi denotes a case of fanboyishness that is truly beyond all reason.

Itachi said that you need to be an Uchiha to beat him for a reason. His base Genjutsu is something that only another Uchiha genjutsu prodigy can go toe to toe with.

And yet Killerbee broke out of it handily and Kabuto showed that you can fighting genjutsu by, gasp, not looking at his eyes.

The only real people that could possibly beat Itachi one on one would be Madara possibly Hashirama,

Madara would crush Itachi and you really are delusional to think such an outcome is possible. Madara in one fell swoop of his sword crushed 5 mountains and that is so far above Itachi it is laughable. And Hashirama? Jesus that beat down would be hilarious to watch.

Obito can NOT do anything against Itachi, who has a counter for his kamui and intangibility,

Except not allow Itachi to use genjutsu on him by avoiding direct contact. Which is easy if he lets the Mazo do the work for him.

a counter for his fire jutsu,

You mean the fire jutsu that has more offensive power than anything Itachi has dished out? Or the fire jutsu that has more defensive power than anything Itachi has dished out?

a counter for his paths(which is Tsukiyomi which affects all of them at once),

Fu blinds Itachi. The rest hurl mountain busters at him that his Susano'o has no demonstrable defense against. And go ahead with the, false, argument that Itachi's Susano'o has taken 3 mountain busting attacks at once. I need some hilarity.

That's why Obito showed so many times that he was afraid of Itachi.

And yet one lived to see Sasuke turn evil while Itachi failed to stop the guy in charge of the villains.

Neat. However, you neglected to admit that Obito only fought on par with them because 1. None of them had genjutsu which is the only thing that can get around kamui,

Because it is irrelevant. He also fought them without the Mazo's help for most of what we've seen.

2. None of them knew the secret to his intangibility. Once they did know, they were able to continuously tag him.

Itachi has no Kamui to allow such contiguous tagging.

Also, LOLOLOLOLOL, don't forget that he was Jyuubito when that happened, and/or had Kakashi's kamui to help trick Madara.

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/666/8

Yeah clearly Obito needed Kakashi's help to react to those attacks. Also for Juubito he is sure lacking in Juubi. Almost as though he was back to normal or something.

Just like with Naruto, it has been shown that Obito is not a "genjutsu guy". Itachi's genjutsu would shit on him, and I'd like to see your attempt at proving otherwise.

Obito actually can be a genjutsu guy. He's as good as Kakashi who is pretty good according to the databook. Is he as good as Itachi? No of course not. Are you exaggerating a supposed weakness because you don't have an argument? Yes. Hell I could be an ******* and say that Obito's genjutsu is as good as Shisui's since he controlled the 4th Mizukage for a good deal of time without people noticing.

SSJGGogeta
So once again Naruto was not forced to exert himself in any meaningful way.

Case in point: Kisame fought off Team Guy. Aside from Chiyo and Sakura breaking Naruto out of his genjutsu, Kakashi and Naruto literally beat him by themselves.

Ah, makes sense that Naruto using one of his strongest forms at the time and his strongest jutsu wasn't "exerting himself". thumb up

Chiyo and Sakura were both sweating when they broke him out of the genjutsu. As you point out though, Itachi didn't even want to defeat them, only slow them down.

Then explain how chakra drained characters like Sasuke and Pain can still keep up with others despite being fatigued? Sasuke against Kakashi and Pain against Sage Mode Naruto.

But the kicker is this line of argument will get you nowhere. When Kakashi beat Obito in taijutsu Obito had been fighting for hours without the luxury of an ally giving him chakra. Obito would be so low on chakra it would be pathetic and it was given the only technique he mustered was a simple fire ball. (Obito bs that also applied to Kakashi).

Hint: "Hax abilities.". Susano'o was one of them at that point. Just like Pain's paths were.

Obito had been fighting for less time than Kakashi. Obito only started fighting when Naruto did, and Naruto showed up after Kakashi and Sakura had already been fighting the seven swordsmen. Kakashi got his chakra tripled for a moment to use a super powered kamui, he didn't get it replenished.

Obito wasn't "fighting off" shit. He was using his intangibility and his paths to keep away from the fight, which is why he pretty much didn't even get involved until the edo tensei wore off. thumb up

Other than the fact that both a) he said he got stronger, b) his stats improve in the databook, c) he tricked Itachi, and d) he went from being toyed with an Akatsuki to fighting them evenly. And chakra capacity? Pfft. He went from a week of rest after two kamui's to spamming it constantly. Suffice it to say that that has certainly improved.

a) He said that he had learned a few new tricks, not improved overall physically or chakra-wise, proven by him still only being able to use lightning blade about five or six times a day. b) So did Jiraya's, but he did absolutely no training in those years. The data book raises characters stats based on feats that are revealed or new attacks they use. c) he tricked a 30% nearly blind Itachi. d) Kakashi was never "toyed with" by Akatsuki. He was afraid of them. Pfft. In one fight, Sasuke went from being able to use Amaterasu once or twice to being able to spam it along with Susano'o and new Susano'o jutsu. Does that mean his chakra capacity increase? No, he simply got better at using his Mangekyo, just like Kakashi did.

Neat. None of the people Itachi fought had this so I guess it balances out. And no, that doesn't mean Itachi could figure it out. Itachi failing to kill Obito with Sasuke's Amaterasu means he clearly didn't figure out Tobi's technique. Also the finger genjutsu? Please. The sharingan would see through that. And if you have the audacity to say Obito couldn't see through it because he's never broken genjutsu then the same applies to Hashirama, Madara, and the Sage himself.

Neat. None of the people Obito fought had this, so I guess it doesn't balance out. To the best of our knowledge, Obito and Itachi have never fought. Itachi was only guessing at how Obito's intangibility worked. In a real battle, he would have been able to figure it out better and analyze it. Itachi is a master at exploiting his opponents weaknesses, to the point where he could dominate someone that solo'd Naruto and Killer Bee at once without help from others.

Madara has been seen using EMS genjutsu before on Raikage. It's safe to say that, since Hashirama could fight Madara and beat him, as well as break free of Edo tensei(a refined genjutsu as stated by Kabuto) with raw power alone, that he could break free of most, if not all base Genjutsu's that aren't part of a MS. If Hashirama could do that, the sage could in his sleep.

Learn to read. Obito is the one who says I was faster than you. If you don't believe me then watch the animated adaption where it is clearly him speaking.

Ah, my bad. I thought it was Konan saying that. Either way, he still wasn't able to avoid being tagged by her, meaning that he wasn't that much faster than her.

I'd love to see Itachi catch Guy in a genjutsu since Guy states he only looks at Sharingan users' feet. And the implication that the man who is rocking Juubidara's shit would lose to Itachi denotes a case of fanboyishness that is truly beyond all reason.

http://i10.mangapanda.com/naruto/259/naruto-5038.jpg

lol, even a 30% clone of Itachi was able to tag someone with genjutsu without looking at their eyes. The real Itachi could easily do the same, if not more, to Gai, someone who has no demonstrable defense against genjutsu.

I was saying that Itachi, or really any genjutsu user, could possibly stop Guy, simply because he's still solely dependent on taijutsu.

And yet Killerbee broke out of it handily and Kabuto showed that you can fighting genjutsu by, gasp, not looking at his eyes.

Killer Bee is a Jinchuirki. Obito is not. Kabuto proved, like everyone else before him that has fought Itachi, that you can avoid Tsukiyomi by not looking at Itachi's eyes. However, without being an experienced, fully realized jinchuriki, another Uchiha, or someone who has demonstrably overcome Itachi level genjutsu without help from other people, Obito has NO defense against even Itachi's base genjutsu. thumb up

Madara would crush Itachi and you really are delusional to think such an outcome is possible. And Hashirama? Jesus that beat down would be hilarious to watch.

Exactly like I said, Madara would beat Itachi. Just like Hashirama could. Thank you for repeating what I said. thumb up

Except not allow Itachi to use genjutsu on him by avoiding direct contact. Which is easy if he lets the Mazo do the work for him.

Interesting theory. It would probably work if Itachi couldn't instantly seal the Mazo with a single stab, and finish Obito off even quicker with base genjutsu. It would also probably get the job done... If Itachi only had one genjutsu.

You mean the fire jutsu that has more offensive power than anything Itachi has dished out? Or the fire jutsu that has more defensive power than anything Itachi has dished out?

No, I meant the fire jutsu that pails in comparison to Amaterasu.

Fu blinds Itachi. The rest hurl mountain busters at him that his Susano'o has no demonstrable defense against. And go ahead with the, false, argument that Itachi's Susano'o has taken 3 mountain busting attacks at once. I need some hilarity.

As I recall, Fuu's blinding capacity was limited to unblocked human eyes. Killer Bee was unaffected by it because he had shades on. Itachi is already nearly blind. Not to mention, the thread maker specified Obito, not the edo tensei paths, that are no part of his own ability, and he wouldn't have without Kabuto.

False? lol, last time I checked, when something happened on-panel, it's not considered false. Itachi sheltered Naruto and Killer Bee behind his yata mirror from the explosion of (basically)three biju bombs.

And yet one lived to see Sasuke turn evil while Itachi failed to stop the guy in charge of the villains.

He didn't think he deserved to atone for his sins, which is why he let Sasuke kill him.

What you're saying is that Obito could beat Minato and Madara because he lived longer than them. thumb up

Itachi has no Kamui to allow such contiguous tagging.

But he has Amaterasu to allow continuous intangibility before Obito becomes tangible to port away before Itachi instantly seals him for eternity. Or he could just, you know, tag him with base genjutsu and simply use Susano'o to bisect/seal him.

http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/666/8

Yeah clearly Obito needed Kakashi's help to react to those attacks. Also for Juubito he is sure lacking in Juubi. Almost as though he was back to normal or something.

LOL, so Obito can use the black staffs and chakra orbs in his normal form now? As far as I recall, that's an ability specific to the Jyuubi's jinchuriki. If that's not so, then why didn't Obito use the jutsu negating stuff against Naruto and Kakashi when they were tagging him with Kamui? Hm, seems like the only logical explanation would be that he still had some of the Jyuubi chakra, or simply kept those abilities after it was extracted. Unless you have some scans of him using the sage abilities before he became a jinchuriki... which you don't. thumb up

Either way, Obito has no demonstrable defense against Itachi's base genjutsu and Susano'o combo. Prove that he does, if you truly think he does.

TheTyrant
Yeah, I completely forgot about the 30 percent stuff. Just read the fight again and was about to post the scan, but then I saw SSJGGogeta's post. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/cartoon/thumbup.gif

http://i.imgur.com/8lklMkk.png

So there you have it folks. Unhealthy Itachi without Mangekyo Sharingan operating at only 30 percent due to his actual body not being there and while holding back can (at the very least) cause problems for Mangekyoless Kakashi + Naruto + Chiyo + Sakura. Honestly, Obito got absolutely stomped by Minato as soon as his weakness was realized. Itachi's not ever losing to base Minato, that much is clear. Maybe Kakashi + Obito vs Itachi or double Mangekyo Obito vs Itachi would be close. Maybe.

SSJGGogeta
Yeah, I completely forgot about the 30 percent stuff. Just read the fight again and was about to post the scan, but then I saw SSJGGogeta's post. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/cartoon/thumbup.gif

http://i.imgur.com/8lklMkk.png

So there you have it folks. Unhealthy Itachi without Mangekyo Sharingan operating at only 30 percent due to his actual body not being there and while holding back can (at the very least) cause problems for Mangekyoless Kakashi + Naruto + Chiyo + Sakura. Honestly, Obito got absolutely stomped by Minato as soon as his weakness was realized. Itachi's not ever losing to base Minato, that much is clear. Maybe Kakashi + Obito vs Itachi or double Mangekyo Obito vs Itachi would be close. Maybe.

lol, I went kinda ham.

I think double mangekyo Obito could probably potentially beat Itachi, because he would have a mastered Kamui, for warping anyone or thing he wanted, as well as intangibility for ten minutes and double warping speed for everything. Not to mention that anyone with two Mangekyo's has Susano'o. All of those hax together just might be able to beat Itachi. The only thing he would have to avoid is Itachi's supreme genjutsu, but could probably still do awesome against it just because he'd have two mangekyo's. It would definitely be a stellar fight though, because they would both have counters to anything either could dish out. The better strategist would win in the end, which I think would be Itachi, probably by using Tsukiyomi or some amazing genjutsu.

gideongarner01
Orange mask Obtio beats itachi for a majority. Rinnegan Obito is just a msimatch.

gideongarner01

socool8520
Only thing Obito has going for him is somewhat keeping up with BM Naruto which obviously means nothing to Kishimoto, as a week or so prior to that, Konan was fighting him without getting blitzed. Obito's Kamui wouldn't do much and it wouldn't be long before Itachi figures out his weakness like Minato did.

Why can't kamui hit Itachi? He's not invincible. Plus he really can't be hit while in that phased state. He can push and pull him around, absorb amaterasu, and teleport around. Doesn't rinnegan render genjutsu useless? With that, I think Obito could win this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.