Top 5 Players in the NBA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkRaiden
The playoffs are about to start and the year's nearly over so...who's your top 5? Take into consideration winning, stats, skills, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkdcqQMKvFw&feature=youtu.be

http://www.warwithwords.com/?p=98

KingD19
1. Lebron
2. Lebron James
3. King James
4. Bron Bron
5. L- Train

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by KingD19
1. Lebron
2. Lebron James
3. King James
4. Bron Bron
5. L- Train ass, french ass, King ass, bron ass, now the ending is a train of ass.

my top 5? well numbers 2 and 1 are ties because i find them equal

5. my boy stephen curry!
pulling out threes when he needs to and not afraid to go straight into the paint! could work on his handles though

4. MY Man NR NATE ROBINSON.
my favorite player on the bulls since MJ. (now hes on the Nuggets sad)
good shooter who can move the ball around. if he was on a better team he could be even better.

3. Mr all day errday beard aka the REAL king james. James harden
making the rockets better with my asain man jermy lin and my brotha from anotha motha dwight howard. great passer and general of the rockets. Give them some time and i think they will win a final one day

2 its a tie between Carmelo of the anthony and.........lebron...of james...........-_- (Fck the heat)

Lets start with james -_-

yea hes got skill but hes not the best. His ego is going to his head and is becoming more like that ass Kobe Bryant. hes being a ball hog but atleast he can score. pretty good on defense (but bosh is so much better)

now Carmelo.
IMO hes better offensively. 60 something points? jesus. good handles and is all around a solid player. But that defense.... it needs work i see many players just go around that defense.

1. CP3 and KD

CP3 the leader of assists.
and KD the next MJ.
ENOUGH SAID

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. Lebron
1A- KD
3. CP3
4. Kevin Love
5. Stephen Curry

iscaremonkeys
why do people feel lebron is the best. He clearly isnt compared to KD and CP3

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
CP3-

19 ppg
11 apg
4 rpg

LBJ-

27 ppg
6.5 apg
7 rpg

KD

32 ppg
8 rpg
5.6 apg

The numbers don't lie brah. KD is having the best season of his career (better than Lebron's so far), but he needs to lead his team to the promised land, like Lebron has twice.

CP3 doesn't have anything warranting him being better than Lebron or KD. let's see the clippers get past the 2nd round, and then we'll talk. Unlike KD, CP3 doesn't even have better numbers than Lebron.

Oh and BTW, how is Nate Robinson anywhere near the top 5? More like top 50.

AsbestosFlaygon
1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Kevin Love
4. Chris Paul

These 4 guys are so far ahead of the rest of the entire NBA roster, in both stats and skills.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I actually agree with your list. I'm a little stuck between love and paul though.

bnitch10
My top 5:

5. Kobe Bryant
4. Da-White Howard
3. Jonathan Toews
2. Wilt Chamberlain
1. Wayne Gretzky

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
lol.

LordofBrooklyn
1 Kevin Durant
2.Lebron James
3.Chris Paul
4.Carmelo Anthony
5.Kevin Love

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I agree that durants had a better regular season than lebron, but IMO for him to truly be the best player in the game he needs his ring this year.

And I'd argue that kevin love>carmelo, right now at least

Based
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
why do people feel lebron is the best. He clearly isnt compared to KD and CP3

lol

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

The Renegade
1. LeBron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Carmelo Anthony
4. Stephen Curry
5. Kevin Love

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Surprised to see someone rank melo and curry ahead of CP3

The Renegade
They're both better players than Paul is.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
CP3's a better passer and a much better defender than both.

The Renegade
Perhaps, but he's not a better player, which is what the question was.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It depends, what method are u using to judge who's better?

Darth Martin
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Stephen Curry
Blake Griffin
Kevin Love

Something like that. It becomes unclear after LBJ and KD.

truejedi
I live in Chicago, and all I ever hear from Bulls fans is "Wait till Rose gets back..." Sorry, the guy was never in the class of any of these guys you have mentioned in this thread. I was just comparing his numbers the year he was MVP with Lebron's from that year: Not even close, Lebron destroyed him in every category. Agreed that KD had a better season this year, but it should have been bringing a 5 year MVP reign for Lebron to an end.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, MVP's are usually decided on team record, with only a little bit of stats. Plus there's the narrative of, "oh he's carrying the team."

I wouldn't say he isn't in the class of Stephen Curry, Blake Griffin, Kevin Love, Carmelo Anthony, etc. At least, if you're considering his MVP season.

truejedi
if he ever plays again.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
#TheReturn

AsbestosFlaygon
Derrick Rose will never be a top 5 player in the league.

Never was, never will be.

So, what do you guys think of a possible Kevin Love trade to CLE, now that LeBrawn is back.
Kevin Love for Andrew Wiggins and a couple of 1st round draft picks?

Based
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Derrick Rose will never be a top 5 player in the league.

Never was, never will be.

thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ehh, the wiggins/love trade is a difficult one. On one hand you're getting a guaranteed star in love, on the other you have a potential superstar in wiggins.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Anybody that has KD ahead of Bron on this list is simple misinformed on basketball

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. Anthony Davis
2. Tony Wroten
3. Marc Gasol

Everyone else.

TheHulk
LeBron James
Melo
CP3
Curry
Griffin

AsbestosFlaygon
Right now,

1. LeBron James
2. Stephen Curry
3. Anthony Davis
4. Marc Gasol
5. Kobe Bryant

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Right now,

1. LeBron James Anthony Davis
2. Stephen Curry Lebron James
3. Anthony Davis Stephen Curry
4. Marc Gasol
5. Kobe Bryant

KuRuPT Thanosi
Incorrect and it's not close. Neither Curry or Davis are near Bron. Last I checked you either needed to win a title or at least take your team to the finals... hell even a conference championship maybe. Those two have done neither. You can't be the best if that's the case. It goes?

1. Lebron

The Rest

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Huh? Nah, I was talking about their play statistically as of right now, not some retrospective of their career achievements.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. Lebron James
2. Anthony Davis
3. James Harden
4. Stephen Curry
5. Kevin Durant (would be higher if not for injuries.)

dynamix
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. Lebron James
2. Anthony Davis
3. James Harden
4. Stephen Curry
5. Kevin Durant (would be higher if not for injuries.)

sounds about right for this season.

TheHulk
My man Durant is back so...

Durant
James
CP3
Curry
Davis

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by TheHulk
My man Durant is back so...

Durant
James
CP3
Curry
Davis

If this is in order, you'll have to explain this list. confused

TheHulk
If this is in order, you'll have to explain this list. confused Not really....but yes...it's in order smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. Curry

2. Kawhi Leonard
3. Lebron James
4. Russell Westbrook
5. Kevin Durant

cs_zoltan
1. Curry

2. Kawhi Leonard
3. Lebron James
4. Russell Westbrook
5. Kevin Durant

1. Javale McGee

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Get back into the swing of things doe

cs_zoltan
wat

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Re-learn the NBA smile

cs_zoltan
teach me mastur

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Where should I begin smile

cs_zoltan
at Javale obviously

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Kill urself

cs_zoltan
10/10 rip

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'm done goodnight

cs_zoltan
suck dick

TheHulk
Man, things has changed...I didn't expect Curry to blow up like this.

Curry
James
Harden
Durant/Westbrook
CP3

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. Lebron James
2. Steph Curry
3. Russell Westbrook
4. Kevin Durant/Kawhi Leonard
5. Kawhi Leonard/Kevin Durant
6. Kyrie Irving
7. Anthony Davis
8. Chris Paul
9. Damian Lillard/Paul George
10. Paul George/Damian Lillard

dynamix
1. Lebron James
2. Steph Curry
3. Russell Westbrook
4. Kevin Durant/Kawhi Leonard
5. Kawhi Leonard/Kevin Durant
6. Kyrie Irving
7. Anthony Davis
8. Chris Paul
9. Damian Lillard/Paul George
10. Paul George/Damian Lillard

thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. Lebron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. James Harden
4. Kawhi Leonard
5. Russell Westbrook

3/4/5 tend to switch around, though.

TheHulk
1. LeBron James
2. Russell Westbrook
3. James Harden
4. Anthony Davis
5. Kevin Durant

TheHulk
1. Lebron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. James Harden
4. Kawhi Leonard
5. Russell Westbrook

3/4/5 tend to switch around, though. I see no reason for Durant to be solidly number 2..

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He's the clear best player on the best team in the league. More efficient than ever, he's a 7'1 freak with handles, etc.

TheHulk
He's the clear best player on the best team in the league. More efficient than ever, he's a 7'1 freak with handles, etc. Not really a good reason when you compare Durant numbers and work rate towards other stars like Westbrook or even AD but whatever. His either 6'10 or maybe even 7'0 at best but 7'1? GTFO!

dynamix
we should revise this list every year lol.

1. lbj
2. kawhi leonard
3. westbrook
4. curry
5. durant
6. honorable number six cuz dude's from my city lol. Isiah Thomas

TheHulk
Damn man, i'm the same height as Isaiah and i must say that this dude should be an inspiration, if Nate Robinson wasn't one or Spud Webb if you are from the last generation laughing out loud

Edit: Btw spell his name right bro laughing out loud

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'm starting to find it harder to put anyone other than Lebron above Russell Westbrook.

TheHulk
What about Harden or Kawhi?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Harden is slightly inferior to Westbrook in most areas, tbh. Harden is about as good as Westbrook in terms of scoring and passing, but he's still producing less in a faster-paced and better designed system than Westbrook while playing more minutes than Westbrook. Kawhi is probably the best two-way player in the game, but he's not the dynamo that is Russell Westbrook. He's not as relentless as Westbrook, and Westbrook is a better scorer, rebounder, and much better distributor than Kawhi. Kawhi is definitely a better defender, though. Ultimately, Westbrook has been the most productive player in the league over the past 3 years in terms of points/rebounds/assists. This year he's really showing how much he can produce, and he's arguably having the most productive (not necessarily most efficient or statistically impressive) season ever.

Give me that guy over anyone sans Lebron, as of right now. Things may change in the playoffs.

TheHulk
Harden is slightly inferior to Westbrook in most areas, tbh. Harden is about as good as Westbrook in terms of scoring and passing, but he's still producing less in a faster-paced and better designed system than Westbrook while playing more minutes than Westbrook. Kawhi is probably the best two-way player in the game, but he's not the dynamo that is Russell Westbrook. He's not as relentless as Westbrook, and Westbrook is a better scorer, rebounder, and much better distributor than Kawhi. Kawhi is definitely a better defender, though. Ultimately, Westbrook has been the most productive player in the league over the past 3 years in terms of points/rebounds/assists. This year he's really showing how much he can produce, and he's arguably having the most productive (not necessarily most efficient or statistically impressive) season ever.

Give me that guy over anyone sans Lebron, as of right now. Things may change in the playoffs. Well i can't really argue with the points you are making but how about how much each of these players mean to their respective teams. I mean you're right that Westbrook is having a godly season but honestly this year MVP list is unbelievable this year because all the candidates to me are miracle workers for their respective teams. Everyone one of their teams could be absolute shit without them. Kawhi is leading the Spurs to the second seed and very damn well good enough to be first. Harden is everything you said but i really do respect Hardens better efficiency and i can't actually believe Harden can carry this team like this, i mean he really leveled up his game the most. Just my opinion though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.