Rocky vs. Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Psychotron
Alright, Rocky is coming to avenge the crippling of his good friend Batman. He gets a hardcore 80s training montage before the fight. This is Hardy Bane.

1. First scenario is a boxing match.
2. The second is a street fight.

Stealth Moose
Bane by far. Higher durability and ridiculous punching strength.

Firefly218
Bane wins both

Psychotron
Rocky went toe to toe with Drago though. He also had superhuman punches and a far greater reach and yet Rocky KOed him. Bane is basically a shorter, fatter Drago.

marwash22
no expression

Bane punched a crater into concrete.

Psychotron
He punched a hole in the surface of a pillar, don't get carried away. Batman took his hits well enough. Plus, Drago had 2150 PSI punch, given the surface area of a boxing glove it would be around 4 tons of force. Rocky tanked that shit for 15 rounds.

marwash22
Bane is faster, more agile, stronger, and a better, more brutal fighter.

If Bane has to follow the rules of a boxing match, Rocky takes scenario 1, but in Scenario 2, Bane destroys him. There's no argument to be made that Rocky would win a street fight.

marwash22
Originally posted by Psychotron
He punched a hole in the surface of a pillar bermm

you just repeated what i said, you just worded it differently.

how am i getting carried away?

also, Batman was wearing full goddamn body armor and Bane was still hurting him, so your definition of "well enough" is suspect.

Psychotron
Originally posted by marwash22
bermm

you just repeated what i said, you just worded it differently.

how am i getting carried away?

also, Batman was wearing full goddamn body armor and Bane was still hurting him, so your definition of "well enough" is suspect.

Normal humans break shit all the time, it's really not that impressive. I myself have dented a metal door with a drunken punch.

Originally posted by marwash22
Bane is faster, more agile, stronger, and a better, more brutal fighter.

If Bane has to follow the rules of a boxing match, Rocky takes scenario 1, but in Scenario 2, Bane destroys him. There's no argument to be made that Rocky would win a street fight.

How is Bane faster? How is Bane fast at all? He had no skill whatsoever. He was a brawler relying on his strength. This is mostly Nolan's fault, because he can't direct an action scene to save his life, but it still counts.

And it's not like Bane demonstrated any grappling or ground skills either, a street fight wouldn't be all that different than a boxing match.

marwash22
Normal humans break shit all the time, it's really not that impressive. I myself have dented a metal door with a drunken punch.

How is Bane faster? How is Bane fast at all? He had no skill whatsoever. He was a brawler relying on his strength. This is mostly Nolan's fault, because he can't direct an action scene to save his life, but it still counts.

And it's not like Bane demonstrated any grappling or ground skills either, a street fight wouldn't be all that different than a boxing match.

Presuming you've seen the Nolan movies, based on this response, 1 of 2 things is taking place:

1. you didn't comprehend (or maybe don't recall) what you watched.

2. You're Quanning.

either way, i have no interest in continuing the discussion.

Robtard
Giving Rocky an 80's montage is like giving comic Batman prep; he can't lose.

NemeBro
Rocky managed to beat Drago, but that is literally the only feat he has that even suggests Bane doesn't slaughter Rocky, and is the one Rocky fans will cling to hopelessly even though his showings against other, far less cartoony (Because Rocky IV was a stupid cartoon) boxers are not so impressive.

Anyway, with boxing rules Rocky arguably wins, but in a street fight, Bane kills him.

Psychotron
What did Bane do that was so impressive? This isn't 90's Bane who was smashing through wall, this Hardy Bane who's best strength feat is lifting Batman over his head and breaking the surface of a pillar. Let's not forget that Batman defeated him in their rematch.

NemeBro
He beat a man in full body-armour to near death.

I understand that you have an irrational hatred for Hardy's Bane, but he kills Rocky.

Psychotron
Mainly by beating him in his mostly unprotected face.

How? Rocky defeated Ivan Drago, a much bigger, and possibly stronger opponent.

NemeBro
Bane could lift a two hundred pound man in full body armour off the ground with one arm and walk with him.

Drago probably wasn't stronger.

Rocky also has been seriously challenged by guys like Clubber Lang or black guy whose name I don't remember for some reason.

His win over Drago was pretty inconsistent. Which makes sense, since Rocky IV was an inconsistent and frankly stupid movie, lol.

Psychotron
Originally posted by NemeBro
Bane could lift a two hundred pound man in full body armour off the ground with one arm and walk with him.

Drago probably wasn't stronger.

Rocky also has been seriously challenged by guys like Clubber Lang or black guy whose name I don't remember for some reason.

His win over Drago was pretty inconsistent. Which makes sense, since Rocky IV was an inconsistent and frankly stupid movie, lol.

On the other hand Drago killed a former world champion, basically Mohammad Ali, with ease.

He was only challenged by Lang in their initial fight, when Rocky wasn't even close to being in shape, he destroyed Clubber in 3 rounds in their rematch. And Creed is a skilled former heavyweight champion.

It's not inconsistent, he trained like an animal and got in the best shape of his life. Plus, he was extra motivated by Apollo's death.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Giving Rocky an 80's montage is like giving comic Batman prep; he can't lose. Objectivity and the tard have never met.

Robtard
Yet more proof that I say stuff and Quanchi can't handle it.

NemeBro
On the other hand Drago killed a former world champion, basically Mohammad Ali, with ease.

Which of course doesn't require as much strength as beating a man in full body armour to near death.

Well okay, let's be honest here: Lang didn't challenged Rocky in their initial fight, he beat the ****ing shit out of him.

Second, in their rematch Rocky was still on the defensive for a large portion of the fight. Lang just happens to have shitty stamina, and once he weathered his blows, he managed to KO him. He didn't cakewalk Lang.

No, the entire movie was inconsistent, lol.

Also: concrete can take 3,000 pounds per square inch before breaking, apparently. Bane's punches are easily comparable to Drago's, and he's far more durable.

Rocky can take a beating, but Bane could take hits from a a martial artist in full body armour without flinching or even moving.

Lestov16
Unlike Drago, Bane is immune to pain, and I'd wager he is at least as strong as Drago considering he can pick men up with one hand and smash pillars. Batman only won because of his armor. If he tried fighting Bane in his Bruce Wayne attire, his face would have been splattered on the ground. Rocky's a good boxer, but Batman is way faster than him, so if Bane can dodge Batman's hits, I'm pretty sure he'll be dodging Rocky's. I give Rocky at most 3 rounds in the boxing match before he is killed. The streetfight isn't even a debate.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Lestov16
Unlike Drago, Bane is immune to pain, and I'd wager he is at least as strong as Drago considering he can pick men up with one hand and smash pillars. Batman only won because of his armor. If he tried fighting Bane in his Bruce Wayne attire, his face would have been splattered on the ground. Rocky's a good boxer, but Batman is way faster than him, so if Bane can dodge Batman's hits, I'm pretty sure he'll be dodging Rocky's. I give Rocky at most 3 rounds in the boxing match before he is killed. The streetfight isn't even a debate.

Immunity to pain is irrelevant. You don't need to feel pain to be knocked out. Bane's mask is a huge vulnerability, and Rocky will exploit it. Bane's only accomplishment is defeating a worn out Batman. Rocky is accomplished than that. Lol at Bane winning in three rounds, if Drago, a man of comparable strength and superior reach, couldn't do it, then Bane won't either. Bane will be lucky if he's not rolling on the floor because of a Rocky induced astma attack.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Which of course doesn't require as much strength as beating a man in full body armour to near death.

Well okay, let's be honest here: Lang didn't challenged Rocky in their initial fight, he beat the ****ing shit out of him.

Second, in their rematch Rocky was still on the defensive for a large portion of the fight. Lang just happens to have shitty stamina, and once he weathered his blows, he managed to KO him. He didn't cakewalk Lang.

No, the entire movie was inconsistent, lol.

Also: concrete can take 3,000 pounds per square inch before breaking, apparently. Bane's punches are easily comparable to Drago's, and he's far more durable.

Rocky can take a beating, but Bane could take hits from a a martial artist in full body armour without flinching or even moving.

Drago was wearing gloves however. It still hurts but it's not a bad as getting hit by a bare fist.

True, he beat him, but only because of the circumstances.

Not really. Lang gave it everything he had, and Rocky mocked him and then dropped him.

It was more cartoonish than Rocky 1 for sure, but it still counts.

Equal strength perhaps, but I wouldn't say Bane is that much more durable. Especially since he has such a massive vulnerability right on his face. A couple of solid shots from Rocky would probably f*ck up his mask.

Dramatic Gecko
If Rocky is training to avenge batman and gets a montage Rocky will turn up to the fight as strong as Bane. And Bane has Uber mask weakness. Not to mention he was the most disappointing Nolan Villain.

If you've watched the most recent Rocky movie ROCKY BALBOA, you'll notice he is currently physically superior to Bane:

http://stallonezone.com/imgs/news/2009/aug/082309rocky_balboa.jpg

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120719145628/batman/images/7/75/TDKR_jRqkS.jpg

Psychotron
True, at 60 he could clean and jerk 300+ and squat 400+ lbs. In his prime he would have been even stronger.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.