Should Revan's Bloodline appear in the EU?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
Hey guys Fated here hope your all doing well. Anyways while I was hearing the The Old Republic. Revan audio book(again believe it or not)
It sorta made me realize that Revan/Bastila have descendants(Congrats to me I just promoted to captain obvious!) Who also had children like Bastila Son and Satale. Now my question is, will Revan's bloodline/descendants appear in Appear in the expanded universe(id like if family where to survive all the way to the clone wars or further)or will they be brushed off and never mentioned again so as not to challenge just how powerful the Skywalker Clan is. To be honest I'd like to see his descendants become the skywalkers of their era(although I'd perfer if they didn't OP them)
I think it would be a good idea I mean Revan has a great many fans and a lot of potential to make money I mean how many people downloaded TOR.Revan. how many people do you think bought TOR the game because they wanted to see Revan. How many people STILL want a KOTOR3?(I rest my case)
I would Honestly like to see more of his descendants in the expanded universe. if anything it'll make up for them screwing him(and us) over in Tor. That's my opinion. What do you guys think?

Nephthys
I think Theron is appearing in TOR soon. So theres one guy.

juyomaster34
yes,it should Revan is too powerful of a name to be ignored and forgotten.....
His blood line should appear in the EU......

NTJack0
Meh, as long as it's restricted to games, no more novels involving him.

The Merchant
Maybe, it'd be cool to find out Revan's actually a Sunrider or something along those lines.

Q99
Originally posted by The Merchant
Maybe, it'd be cool to find out Revan's actually a Sunrider or something along those lines.

They really gotta address what happened to the Sunriders at some point... they were *so major* in the Exar Kun war and then you didn't see them after.

Revan being Nomi's grandson would make so much sense as to why he's so powerful (and the later Shans too).

Nephthys
They can't do anything with them because theres a type of car called a Sunrider and they don't want to get sued. Yes, really.

Bastila was originally going to be Vima Sunrider but they couldn't do that because of this.

So don't hold your breath.

Q99
Please, the contexts are different, *and* there's an easy work around.

"Revan's grandmother Nomi, the Grand Master of the Order at the time...."

ares834
The Sunrider issue has been mostly resolved.

Originally posted by Q99
They really gotta address what happened to the Sunriders at some point... they were *so major* in the Exar Kun war and then you didn't see them after.

Revan being Nomi's grandson would make so much sense as to why he's so powerful (and the later Shans too).

There was going to be a novel set during the Mandalorian Wars about the Sunriders. Sadly it was cancelled, probably so they could shovel more TOR novels at us.

Based
Originally posted by Nephthys
They can't do anything with them because theres a type of car called a Sunrider and they don't want to get sued. Yes, really.

Bastila was originally going to be Vima Sunrider but they couldn't do that because of this.

So don't hold your breath.

it's because of a ****ing car? I read on the wiki that there's an issue with the name but for a ****ing car?

I mean the Shans are cool but if it was Vima Sunrider that banged Revan having those two families be one would have been amazing.

However to be fair Nomi Sunrider did show up in TOR so they could have still went that route.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Based
it's because of a ****ing car? I read on the wiki that there's an issue with the name but for a ****ing car?

I mean the Shans are cool but if it was Vima Sunrider that banged Revan having those two families be one would have been amazing.

However to be fair Nomi Sunrider did show up in TOR so they could have still went that route.

It pissed me off too , but hey, rules are rules. still it would be cool if they did something involving the Shans and Sunriders, I mean, they haven't explored revan backstory that much all we know is that he was born somewhere in the outer-rim and that's about it. it would be cool if he turned out to be a sunrider or maybe a Qel Droma. imo

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Q99
Please, the contexts are different, *and* there's an easy work around.

"Revan's grandmother Nomi, the Grand Master of the Order at the time...."

The gap between Nomi's last appearance and Revan's first is about 30 years. And that's not counting the 2-3 years of the Mandalorian Wars prior.

Q99
Originally posted by Based

That's one rumor. There's not exactly been a full disclosure so we don't know if there's something else going on.

Here's what Wookkiepedia says:

At some point in time, legal issues began to arise over Lucasfilm Ltd.'s use of the name "Sunrider." It remains unclear to the public who the offended party was, but many fans have speculated that a lawsuit was filed by the Jeep Corporation, who manufacture a trademarked jeep soft top called "Sunrider."

However, this rumor has not been verified by any Lucasfilm employees, and has additionally been contested by Star Wars author Kyle Jewhurst. According to Jewhurst, Dark Horse Vice President of Publishing Randy Stradley has reported that the legal issues arose from Tales of the Jedi author Tom Veitch having used the name "Sunrider" in another work.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.