An Idea for a Comic Book Character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
The idea came to me reading about the power and strength of a Quasar the character is named and was born in a Quasar he would be incredibly dense and standing 6foot11 and in earth's gravity would way hundreds of tons he would be all but indestructible. This character could fly through suns like we walk through air. This character on earth could move at great running speed maybe Mach 3 and fly at beyond light speed. His skin would imperious to almost every known attack. He would have a instinctual mind that could learn at a slow pace. He could effect and control electromagnetic energy like Magneto. Even though weighting hundreds of tons he would have great reflexes in the superhuman level. Because of his dense skin mental attacks would not work and instead of a solid heart his body is kept going by cycling cosmic energy through it.

Mindship
Character pic or it doesn't count. wink Also, what are you planning to do with this character?

I'm always interested in original creations. But more often than not, they go no further than minimal backstory.

Magic Joe
Originally posted by golem370
The idea came to me reading about the power and strength of a Quasar the character is named and was born in a Quasar he would be incredibly dense and standing 6foot11 and in earth's gravity would way hundreds of tons he would be all but indestructible. This character could fly through suns like we walk through air. This character on earth could move at great running speed maybe Mach 3 and fly at beyond light speed. His skin would imperious to almost every known attack. He would have a instinctual mind that could learn at a slow pace. He could effect and control electromagnetic energy like Magneto. Even though weighting hundreds of tons he would have great reflexes in the superhuman level. Because of his dense skin mental attacks would not work and instead of a solid heart his body is kept going by cycling cosmic energy through it.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Tyros_(Earth-616)

stick out tongue

golem370
Terrax is nothing to this guy to strong and durable.

golem370
Originally posted by Mindship
Character pic or it doesn't count. wink Also, what are you planning to do with this character?

I'm always interested in original creations. But more often than not, they go no further than minimal backstory.

I don't know just really thought to put something to paper. He is an abomination created in an extremely tough environment which makes him incredibly dense and durable he has incalculable strength in WWH level possible higher stick out tongue He would be a wondering the universe a freak of nature and he really only acts against extreme stimulation. Quasar is neither a hero or a bad guy he is just a nomad. Since I am not by any mean an artist I could not come close to a rendering of him.

Mindship
I don't know just really thought to put something to paper. He is an abomination created in an extremely tough environment which makes him incredibly dense and durable he has incalculable strength in WWH level possible higher stick out tongue He would be a wondering the universe a freak of nature and he really only acts against extreme stimulation. Quasar is neither a hero or a bad guy he is just a nomad. Since I am not by any mean an artist I could not come close to a rendering of him. Then write a short story. If you ever do wanna do something with this character, he needs a motivational force (proactive, not reactive), eg, extreme curiosity about the much "fluffier" world (ours) he finds himself suddenly in.

Also, you may have trademark problems with the moniker. evil face

Oh, and as far as drawing goes: find a good pic in a comic and trace it. It's not like you're submitting your work to an art contest. You just wanna get a visual. That alone can fire up your muse.

Wei Phoenix
what are the troubles, trials and tribulations he goes through? How do you find someone to challenge a guy who's invulnerable, ridiculously heavy, fast, strong and immune to mental attacks? Who can really challenge the amalgam of Superman, Silver Surfer, Magneto, Juggernaut and Doomsday?

golem370
Well like I said he is neither good or evil I could see him take on both good and evil teams. This guy might seem like other characters but he is specifically quasar-based character

Wei Phoenix
But the question is, who can take him on? Sounds like he could take on an evil and good team at the same time and crush both of them. He has way too many powers with no weaknesses. He's essentially Gary Stu. What troubles does he face?

golem370
I could see him fighting Thanos, Void Sentry, Guardians of the Galaxy, Silver Surfer,Green Lanterns. Troubles well being judged because of the destruction that he capable of people trying to enslave him for their agenda. Maybe killing some important and being hunted.

Quasar is coming into earth he drop down from the clouds the impact leaves a good size crater standind near by is Rhino he a mix emotion fight or flight but he decides finally to charge this alien but the impact sends Rhino knocked out back a mile away Quasar come up to his attacker grabs him and flings him into a skysraper causing it to calapse then Quasar flys off. Forgive my lack of writing skill.

Wei Phoenix
It sounds like he has Hulk problems and to be honest, his powerset that you gave him sounds like he'd walk through all of those characters. How would you go about beating him? Does he have any weaknesses?

golem370
Energy absorbers could be a problem people like Reed might be able to stop him energy manipulators might stop him.

SamZED
I like the idea of a low level magician-super hero. Guys like Strange and Zatanna are boring because they should always be able to pull some sort of plot device to win at everything. Imagine a guy that can cast temporal bulletproof shield, has low level tk, can cast fire balls, ice spells and electric bolts. And thats it. Still he tries to fight street level crime. I'd pick that book.

golem370
I was inspired by a quasar which is a power natural event and a being come that extreme enviorment.

Mindship
If this is a character just for fun imagination stuff, that's cool. You can do whatever you want with him, obviously. But if you are looking to do something more, to involve others, he's going to need conflict for an interesting story: inner conflict, external, doesn't matter.

Where's the tension?. Without it, no one will stay interested in what happens to him or what he's doing (especially if there's no *pic evil face )

And yes, quasars are cool, though imho, they place second after gamma-ray bursts. stick out tongue

*Again, consider tracing if you can't draw. Back in the day, when I used to draw my own comics with original characters, sometimes I would trace. And believe it or not, the tracing alone improved my drawing.

golem370
Look like this creature but smaller of course

Prometheon- http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Prometheon

Mindship
Look like this creature but smaller of course

Prometheon- http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Prometheon Already I like the concept better cuz "he's" not your typical, bodybuilder type. Maybe a source of conflict could have something to do with why he has, though, even a vaguely humanoid shape.

Just brainstorming here.

golem370
One conflict is who he is how he came to be and what is his purpose figuring where he belongs.

golem370
Video of that creature
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETCyegcEPEY

Mindship
Video of that creature
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETCyegcEPEY I remember the episode. It was a good one. Might've also been the first time I saw Superman in a space suit. huh

golem370
I was liked the whole idea of that creature. Ithink a height increase would't hurt.

Mindship
Venturing into kaiju domain...?

golem370
No way to big 12-17 feet tall at the most

Stoic
I was thinking about a character with the strength of a giant roughly 3000 meters tall, but only being 5'7" in height. He would be the offspring of an Oni, and human woman. His power would of course grow as he aged into adulthood, so the 3000 meter tall thing would only increase, until he had the strength, and power of a 10,000 meter tall Oni. I'd have him wrestle with his duality for a while, trying his best not to claim all of the powers that are his for simply being born.

These powers would range from the mystical, to the cosmic for augmentation purposes, but using them for prolonged periods would exhaust him. Well that's what i was thinking about for a character.

Mindship
Pic, or it doesn't exist. wink

golem370
My other idea for a character

Tank Beetle- http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=452595&highlight=Tank+Beetle+forumid%3A77

meep-meep
I still have an awesome drawing and backstory for a character I had help with making when I was but a mini me. Gotta do something with it.

Endless Mike
Well I always thought what would be cool would be a character who has the ability to make his body manifest quantum effects on a macroscopic scale, he could get much more powerful once he learns to control his powers, but his initial powers would be:

- Intangibility, via quantum tunneling, so he can walk through walls, bullets and punches just go through him, etc. Maybe at first he has to activate it consciously but later it automatically activates to respond to danger

- Quantum teleportation, to both anywhere in his line of sight and anywhere he has been before

- Duplication via quantum superposition, so in effect it's like he makes many copies of himself, but they are really the same, he is just existing in multiple places at once.

Later he could learn time travel, reality warping, etc.

Igniz
You guys should start going and using this site's character creator.

http://www.heromachine.com/heromachine-3-lab/

Here's one of the characters I was able to create going in this site.I know this character design isn't even in the professional level.But at least I was given the power to actually show what my created character looks like.This is Ovug the Demigod of Thunder and Lightning of the Philippine Gods known as Diwatas.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/igniz6/Created%20Comic%20Characters/Ovug.jpg

Again my point for showing this pic was to show that there is a way to show what our idea comic characters would look like.I have more ideas.So start learning how to use Heromachine 3.Its worth your while.

Metron
The Hero Machine creator is quite cool! I tried it myself and did the attached image myself. Its for my re-imagined version of Mr. Scarlet who is a hero made by Fawcett/DC comics. My version would be a guy wearing an alien piece of combatware and tasked with defending the planet's from special threats operating in the background.

Nice variety of designs on the site. Its not exactly what I had in mind as I had to add the fin on Paint but its close enough laughing But it gave me a shot at the Hero Machine creator.

Igniz
Originally posted by Metron
The Hero Machine creator is quite cool! I tried it myself and did the attached image myself. Its for my re-imagined version of Mr. Scarlet who is a hero made by Fawcett/DC comics. My version would be a guy wearing an alien piece of combatware and tasked with defending the planet's from special threats operating in the background.

Nice variety of designs on the site. Its not exactly what I had in mind as I had to add the fin on Paint but its close enough laughing But it gave me a shot at the Hero Machine creator.

thumb up Good effort on your part.TBH I had a hard time at first learning how to use Hero Machine.Hero Machine 3 was the one that made me pull my hair at first.I eventually learned how to use the interface and how to alter the designs a bit in Hero Machine 3.But once you've mastered how to use Hero Machine 3, you're gonna get hooked big grin

Metron
Originally posted by Igniz
thumb up Good effort on your part.TBH I had a hard time at first learning how to use Hero Machine.Hero Machine 3 was the one that made me pull my hair at first.I eventually learned how to use the interface and how to alter the designs a bit in Hero Machine 3.But once you've mastered how to use Hero Machine 3, you're gonna get hooked big grin

Yeah, I had the same problem myself as it took a bit to get used to the Hero Machine but its a good thing once you learn it smile I hope it gets more updates and variations for the different stuff so people can make even more unique stuff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.