Death's Head II vs. Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sixth_Winged
Death's Head II came for a bounty on Doomsday's head? How would it go?

Digi
DHII gets annihilated. Not even close to the same league.

carver9
What Death head is it that is completely indestructible?

Digi
Originally posted by carver9
What Death head is it that is completely indestructible?

Completely indestructible is a bit relative. I'm sure all of them could be put down.

But you're thinking of Death Metal, the sentient, enchanted metal guy who could reform from a puddle in a single panel.

-K-M-
Yeah I assume he's asking about death metal.

On topic...doomsday wins

carver9
Originally posted by Digi
Completely indestructible is a bit relative. I'm sure all of them could be put down.

But you're thinking of Death Metal, the sentient, enchanted metal guy who could reform from a puddle in a single panel.

thumb up

SamZED
It isn't the same DH that got decapitated by SpOck is it? Because if it is he's screwed. If it's the version that fought the Hulk it might be a good fight.

Digi
Originally posted by SamZED
It isn't the same DH that got decapitated by SpOck is it? Because if it is he's screwed. If it's the version that fought the Hulk it might be a good fight.

No, that was the original Death's Head, whose surprise appearance in Superior struggles to mesh with the Death's Head continuity (though time travel has been involved, so it's not without explanation). DH is a solid mid meta, but not anywhere near a conversation with Doomsday.

Yes, Minion (aka DHII) has fought Hulk (well, tag-teamed Hulk with Killpower), and did ok. But don't get too excited. It was the early 90s, before Hulk entered the rarified herald stratosphere that he's in now. The 2000s were kind to Hulk. He was a low-end mid herald previously, and possibly lower depending on incarnation.

cdtm
Originally posted by SamZED

Like Digi said, that's original Deaths Head (Who, for the record, made Cyclonus and Scourge his *****, and went mono y mono with a Galvatron that was doing things like beating Piranacon in hand to hand combat under water, and standing up against a combined Autobot and Decepicon army at one point..)

Also, that Deaths Head, once Dr. Who shrunk him down from Transformers to human size and shunted him to the MU, had a pretty decent brawl against She Hulk where getting his head knocked off was just an inconvenience, with his body fighting on..

cdtm

I agree he loses, but DHII could probably put in a struggle before going down, judging by his performance against Hulk...

Not much of a struggle, but it won't be a one hit kill.

guy222
DD

Digi
OHK, no. But also never in doubt. As I mentioned, don't read into the Hulk thing too much. It was a much less powerful Hulk than we're used to these days, and it wasn't 1-on-1. In terms of strength alone, I'd put Minion a hair above Thing, Colossus, etc. His healing makes him a tough out, and his blade hand can pierce anything south of adamantium. But as mentioned, it's just an order of magnitude lower than DD.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by cdtm
Like Digi said, that's original Deaths Head (Who, for the record, made Cyclonus and Scourge his *****, and went mono y mono with a Galvatron that was doing things like beating Piranacon in hand to hand combat under water, and standing up against a combined Autobot and Decepicon army at one point..)

Also, that Deaths Head, once Dr. Who shrunk him down from Transformers to human size and shunted him to the MU, had a pretty decent brawl against She Hulk where getting his head knocked off was just an inconvenience, with his body fighting on..

He also fought with Iron Man 2020. True IM20 did decapitate DH1 in that fight but it only pissed DH off who then kicked the sprockets out of IM20.

I miss Death's Head (1).

leonidas

Stoic
No, that was the original Death's Head, whose surprise appearance in Superior struggles to mesh with the Death's Head continuity (though time travel has been involved, so it's not without explanation). DH is a solid mid meta, but not anywhere near a conversation with Doomsday.

Yes, Minion (aka DHII) has fought Hulk (well, tag-teamed Hulk with Killpower), and did ok. But don't get too excited. It was the early 90s, before Hulk entered the rarified herald stratosphere that he's in now. The 2000s were kind to Hulk. He was a low-end mid herald previously, and possibly lower depending on incarnation.

I agree with your previous post concerning DD vs DH, but wasn't Minion somewhat nerfed from his first appearances? When he first appeared, I'd say that this would be a decent fight, but they screwed the character up, making him seem a lot more fragile than he originally appeared. Unless that was just my imagination.

Digi
I like that the three who (arguably) know Minion the most intimately (KM, me, Leo), are also the ones lowest on him in this fight. Everyone agrees on the outcome, but even the "it could be a decent fight" comments are, imo, overly generous to Minion. Minion is at or near the top of high meta. His potential range is slightly higher than that because his blade arm can go "above tier" so to speak on occasion. But it's still two different worlds here.

Originally posted by Stoic
I agree with your previous post concerning DD vs DH, but wasn't Minion somewhat nerfed from his first appearances? When he first appeared, I'd say that this would be a decent fight, but they screwed the character up, making him seem a lot more fragile than he originally appeared. Unless that was just my imagination.

I never noticed a pronounced difference from his beginning and eventual power levels. If anything, they just added some nuance and versatility to him. At the beginning he was more of a straightforward brawler. Maybe it was just the natural progression of finding out his limits, since a lot of new characters seem a lot more uber until we get some added context and more feats.

srug

Stoic
I like that the three who (arguably) know Minion the most intimately (KM, me, Leo), are also the ones lowest on him in this fight. Everyone agrees on the outcome, but even the "it could be a decent fight" comments are, imo, overly generous to Minion. Minion is at or near the top of high meta. His potential range is slightly higher than that because his blade arm can go "above tier" so to speak on occasion. But it's still two different worlds here.

I never noticed a pronounced difference from his beginning and eventual power levels. If anything, they just added some nuance and versatility to him. At the beginning he was more of a straightforward brawler. Maybe it was just the natural progression of finding out his limits, since a lot of new characters seem a lot more uber until we get some added context and more feats.

srug

I followed Minion, trust me, I even read the Battletide comics that started strong, and turned into a turd fest. But now that I think back on it, you're 100% correct, Minion is more likely to give a guy on Wonder Man's level, a decent fight than one of the top bricks ever written. I wonder what happened to Termagaira (or however its spelled)? You know the guy that was composed of two incredible universal warriors one female the other male? They really could have fleshed them out.

Digi
I followed Minion, trust me, I even read the Battletide comics that started strong, and turned into a turd fest. But now that I think back on it, you're 100% correct, Minion is more likely to give a guy on Wonder Man's level, a decent fight than one of the top bricks ever written. I wonder what happened to Termagaira (or however its spelled)? You know the guy that was composed of two incredible universal warriors on female the other male? They really could have fleshed them out.

Agreed. There were a lot of great ideas that could have been used more. I liked the Charnel-verse as well, and wished he was around for longer, Age of Apocalypse style.

Didn't mean to knock your knowledge, though. I just know how thorough Mungi's knowledge is, and leo and I have used Minion in tourneys so we had to be aware of all kinds of things that more casual readings would never produce.

Stoic
Agreed. There were a lot of great ideas that could have been used more. I liked the Charnel-verse as well, and wished he was around for longer, Age of Apocalypse style.

Didn't mean to knock your knowledge, though. I just know how thorough Mungi's knowledge is, and leo and I have used Minion in tourneys so we had to be aware of all kinds of things that more casual readings would never produce.

My favorite that came out of that UK line up was originally called Dark Angel if I recall correctly. She was a great idea that they somehow managed to deep six. Oh, and BTW no offense taken, it more patience than I have to Battlezone anything.

Digi
My favorite that came out of that UK line up was originally called Dark Angel if I recall correctly.

laughing out loud

Nice choice.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t586773.html

I actually have enough on her for a respect thread, but never got around to making it.

cdtm
Battletide.. Wasn't Logan actually hurting Minion pretty bad with his bare hands?

Thought that was pisey, given Minion was taking.claws in their first fight (with 616, not Charnal-verse Logan)

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
Battletide.. Wasn't Logan actually hurting Minion pretty bad with his bare hands?

Thought that was pisey, given Minion was taking.claws in their first fight (with 616, not Charnal-verse Logan)

Yes which was why I stated that I thought that Minion had been nerfed later on after his first run. But whatever, Doomsday is quite the beast to argue against even for the more seasoned toons with miles of feats. Minion simply doesn't have the feats to contend here.

Stoic
laughing out loud

Nice choice.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t586773.html

I actually have enough on her for a respect thread, but never got around to making it.

Yeah LOL, I don't know how you guys do it. I mean the Battlezone thing. You prep for weeks, and when someone loses it's Preparation H time. But I just read quite a bit of that. Nice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.