Achilles vs Legolas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Achilles armed with sword and shield and Legolas armed with his twin swords. Fight to the death.

StealthRanger
What reflexes does Achilles have?

FrothByte
Originally posted by StealthRanger
What reflexes does Achilles have?

Just the ones we see from their movies.

jaden101
Legolas' skills with a sword were impressive if not numerous. If it was from his feats only from the LotR movies I'd give Achilles a chance but Legolas' agility in Desolation of Smaug was just ridiculous and that combined with his limited sword skill he'd probably cut Achilles to ribbons.

quanchi112
Achilles wins.

StealthRanger
Originally posted by FrothByte
Just the ones we see from their movies.

Uh, okay, and what feats does he have in that regard?

jaden101
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Uh, okay, and what feats does he have in that regard?

His best feat, for me, and one that is overlooked is his almost superhuman awareness in battle. Several times he blocks arrows without even focusing all that much on who is firing them. One he blocks coming behind him without even looking at all. He just 'knows'.

Not that it would do him much good against Legolas given some of his outrageous feats in the barrel chase scene.

Time Immemorial
Achilles wins against that elf any day.

KingD19
Someone clearly hasn't seen LotR 1-3 or Desolation of Smaug.

ares834
Originally posted by jaden101
His best feat, for me, and one that is overlooked is his almost superhuman awareness in battle. Several times he blocks arrows without even focusing all that much on who is firing them. One he blocks coming behind him without even looking at all. He just 'knows'.

When does Legolas block arrows? I just rewatched most of his battles in DoS and didn't see him do so.

Ironically, Achilles does block an arrow coming from his back without looking when he flips his shield on his back. Rewatching the scene where he single handily takes down the temple guard makes me give him the win.

jaden101
Originally posted by ares834
When does Legolas block arrows? I just rewatched most of his battles in DoS and didn't see him do so.

Ironically, Achilles does block an arrow coming from his back without looking when he flips his shield on his back. Rewatching the scene where he single handily takes down the temple guard makes me give him the win.

I was talking about Achilles. The thread's only a few posts long. Try and keep up.

Even still. You lose. Achilles wouldn't land a blow. Legolas' feats of agility means he'd dominate Achilles.

ares834
Nope. Leoglas isn't untouchable. Bolg managed to get a few good hits it.

Jumping on heads is all well and good, but it doesn't net him the win against Achilles' far more impressive swordsmanship.

jaden101
Achilles may have a better chance in the terrain he fought Hector in. Flat and featureless. Anything in which agility can be exploited then Achilles gets dominated. Legolas is superhuman in that regard.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by KingD19
Someone clearly hasn't seen LotR 1-3 or Desolation of Smaug.

Your talking about orcs and goblins vs a demi god.

Time Immemorial
Achilles may have a better chance in the terrain he fought Hector in. Flat and featureless. Anything in which agility can be exploited then Achilles gets dominated. Legolas is superhuman in that regard.

Achilles is faster, stronger and better with a sword and shield then Lagolas.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Achilles is faster, stronger and better with a sword and shield then Lagolas.

Have you watched Desolation of Smaug yet?

Time Immemorial
Have you watched Desolation of Smaug yet?

Yea, I really like it.

quanchi112
Achilles may have a better chance in the terrain he fought Hector in. Flat and featureless. Anything in which agility can be exploited then Achilles gets dominated. Legolas is superhuman in that regard. Wrong. Achilles stormed a beach against a grounded force with minimal men and easily conquered it. Achilles wasn't some specialized fighter he excelled in any given situation.

Achilles wins. He crushed his competition whereas Legolas hasn't even killed that minor Orc yet despite a lengthy battle.

Robtard
Achilles armed with sword and shield and Legolas armed with his twin swords. Fight to the death. Legolas due to ridiculously superior speed and agility.

Also pretty sure this thread already exist, but it was definitely made before Hobbit: DoS.

KingD19
Minor Orc? Bolg is Azog The Defiler's son, Azog who is pretty much the most famous and powerful Orc in history. And Bolg went on to have a few pretty serious victories under his belt.

Time Immemorial
Minor Orc? Bolg is Azog The Defiler's son, Azog who is pretty much the most famous and powerful Orc in history. And Bolg went on to have a few pretty serious victories under his belt.

I would say Legolas could take Hector of Lenonidas but it just does not make sense how he could take down Achilles with only his sword. Achilles is by far a better swordsman and much stronger and just as agile, he also has the god factor on his side.

Psychotron
Legolas wins with moderate difficulty.

jaden101
I have no idea where idiots are getting the notion that Achilles is stronger. He had no strength feats. Legolas, other hand, was throwing Bolg about with ease. An orc of much greater size and power than himself or Achilles.

Nothing Achilles does in terms of agility come anywhere close to Legolas' feats either running the river or when taking down the oliphont.

His showing with swords are equal to Achilles' skills during the beach fight or against Hector.

Stealth Moose
I have no idea where idiots are getting the notion that Achilles is stronger. He had no strength feats. Legolas, other hand, was throwing Bolg about with ease. An orc of much greater size and power than himself or Achilles.

Nothing Achilles does in terms of agility come anywhere close to Legolas' feats either running the river or when taking down the oliphont.

His showing with swords are equal to Achilles' skills during the beach fight or against Hector.

The only reason why Legolas didn't just march the Ring to Mordor and solo everything in sight is that at the time is because Elijiah Wood and Ian Mckellen have better agents and stronger contracts.

In any case, Achilles is good, but he's still largely just high-end base human. Legolas' fighting capabilities, agility, and surprising wirey strength ftw.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Psychotron
Legolas wins with moderate difficulty. laughing out loud

Be serious for a moment will you.

Psychotron
Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud

Be serious for a moment will you.

I am. Go watch the movie. Legolas is too agile and too fast.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Psychotron
I am. Go watch the movie. Legolas is too agile and too fast. No, he isn't. Watch his fights with the pale orc's sidekick or against Gandalf the white with a bow and arrow.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard
Legolas due to ridiculously superior speed and agility.

Also pretty sure this thread already exist, but it was definitely made before Hobbit: DoS.

I know there's an Achilles vs Nuada fight, didn't know there was an Achilles vs. Legolas fight. But oh well, now that DoS is out we have more to go on.

playa1258
-Quan likes to talk about Potter films being the being the top of the food chain.

-Potter will be passed by the Marvel Cinematic Universe with Avengers 2, making if the highest-grossing (unadjusted) franchise of all time.

-Star Wars 7 will ass-rape every HP film at the boxoffice.

-Also Superman 1 adjusts to around $480 million domestic, higher than any Harry Potter film.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
-Quan likes to talk about Potter films being the being the top of the food chain.

-Potter will be passed by the Marvel Cinematic Universe with Avengers 2, making if the highest-grossing (unadjusted) franchise of all time.

-Also Superman 1 adjusts to around $480 million domestic, higher than any Harry Potter film. They are currently but marvel is another well oiled machine. It will be like a coke Pepsi comparison in the end between these two.

Saying this will happen or that will happen is speculation. What has happened is a Potter has decimated at the box office thus far.

Abrams will improve Star Wars. I can only imagine what he can do after seeing his Star Trek upgrade.

playa1258
Yeah they are top of the food-chain for now. Which tells me WB will reboot the franchise one of these days.

Agreed about Abrams Star Wars can't wait.

quanchi112
Yeah they are top of the food-chain for now. Which tells me WB will reboot the franchise one of these days.

Agreed about Abrams Star Wars can't wait. They are already taking the franchise in a new direction based off the creatures from the universe. Eventually most popular films get rebooted someday. Speculation, either way.

Robtard

-Also Superman 1 adjusts to around $480 million domestic, higher than any Harry Potter film.

So what you're saying is that he'll become the greatest Marvel bandwagonboi in the very near future followed by suddently thinking Star Wars is great, when he's said he doesn't care much about SW.

Spot on insight, but most people around here already know of his bandwagon tactics.

quanchi112
So what you're saying is that he'll become the greatest Marvel bandwagonboi in the very near future followed by suddently thinking Star Wars is great, when he's said he doesn't care much about SW.

Spot on insight, but most people around here already know of his bandwagon tactics. I have always loved marvel comics. I won't just say I enjoy Star Wars until I do but considering Abrams past history with Star Trek I'd say its only a matter of time.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
I have always loved marvel comics. I won't just say I enjoy Star Wars until I do but considering Abrams past history with Star Trek I'd say its only a matter of time.

Your bandwagoning to Marvel and Star Wars isn't the subject of this Vs match. Stop derailing.

Silent Master
Your bandwagoning to Marvel and Star Wars isn't the subject of this Vs match. Stop derailing.

He generally chooses winners based on who he likes more, so to him being a fan actually does matter.

playa1258
To be fair many choose who will based on who the like more.

Silent Master
Like who?

quanchi112
Your bandwagoning to Marvel and Star Wars isn't the subject of this Vs match. Stop derailing. I don't hold grudges and take this personally. When I love something I say it. You feel like opinions can't ever change and this is about loyalty. I am not biased like yourself.

Don't let my preferences haunt you. You swore up and down I'd love Superman after Man of Steel, tool.

Time Immemorial

I guess you didn't watch him throw a spear like 300 feet and kill someone on a horse..Hector knew he and Troy had lost cause later that night after Achilles let him go and saved his life he cried to his wife about the spear throw saying we are all doomed based off of that. "I've never seen anyone throw a spear like that"

He was a demi god in all his strength..

quanchi112
Destroying the good statue and throwing the spear with perfect accuracy at that distance implies superhuman strength. To say otherwise is just being biased.

jaden101
Good statue? Rage typo again?

Accuracy implies strength? That's a new one.

Is that you copying other people's opinions again?

Do you have any opinions of your own?

Until I see Achilles do anything as impressive as Legolas during the river chase scene or any number of his other feats then this fight is only going one way. Achilles dies.

quanchi112
Good statue? Rage typo again?

Accuracy implies strength? That's a new one.

Is that you copying other people's opinions again?

Do you have any opinions of your own?

Until I see Achilles do anything as impressive as Legolas during the river chase scene or any number of his other feats then this fight is only going one way. Achilles dies. Gold. I rarely type gold and often type good so since I didn't proofread it autocorrected it, woman.

No, but he has both,

Yes.

We never see Legolas use strength anywhere near cutting gold.

Legolas dies. He was getting worked over by an unskilled Orc.

jaden101

Time Immemorial
He cut through a statue with a iron sword, that is a super human strength feat additionally the accurate spear throw to kill the man right next to Hector and not kill Hector himself is another huge feat, the distance and speed on the spear toss was greater then Boagrious considering Achilles is much smaller. The fact that he was stronger then people bigger and and looked stronger them him while being insanely fast and nearly impossible to kill suggests him being a demi god as the legend said he was.

yvCDQ2UmJhE

quanchi112

jaden101
Can't counter?

Thought not.

Try again.

quanchi112
Can't counter?

Thought not.

Try again. I gave an example about him struggling with someone of above average skill. Achilles makes the best look like pedestrians unlike Legolas who ran from the Balrog and struggled with the Orc in Desolation of Smaug.

KingD19
You're trying to make Bolg look like just another Orc. He's probably the second most powerful Orc in history after his father, and was a terror on the battlefield. Legolas made him run. Achilles would have died.

quanchi112
You're trying to make Bolg look like just another Orc. He's probably the second most powerful Orc in history after his father, and was a terror on the battlefield. Legolas made him run. Achilles would have died. I never said he was another Orc I said he was a skilled Orc. Legolas dominates lemmings but struggles against the higher end enemies.

smile

ares834
Bolg wasn't displayed as particularly fast nor strong. Heck, we see Dwalin defeat Bolg during the Battle of Azanulbizar. Achilles would have destroyed Bolg...

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Bolg wasn't displayed as particularly fast nor strong. Heck, we see Dwalin defeat Bolg during the Battle of Azanulbizar. Achilles would have destroyed Bolg... Hearing King say he'd defeat Achilles demonstrates his bias.

KingD19
Quan using the word bias to talk about someone else? The irony is palpable.

quanchi112
Quan using the word bias to talk about someone else? The irony is palpable. You have been called out by ares.

laughing out loud

Robtard
Insert Achilles in Legolas' river scenes, he doesn't keep up with the dwarves while slaughtering orcs along the way

Insert Legolas in Achilles' beach scene with the Myrmidons, Legolas does just a good of a job slaughtering Trojans

Legolas has legit super-levels of agility, possible super strength in some degree.

quanchi112
Insert Achilles in Legolas' river scenes, he doesn't keep up with the dwarves while slaughtering orcs along the way

Insert Legolas in Achilles' beach scene with the Myrmidons, Legolas does just a good of a job slaughtering Trojans

Legolas has legit super-levels of agility, possible super strength in some degree. Not being able to do exactly what the other has done in certain situations isn't proof they win a fight. Achilles is stronger and a better swordsman.

NemeBro
shield Legolas stomps any fight with a shield present.

You should know this.

Oneness
Are his arrows blessed by Apollo?

If this is 2004's Troy's version of Achilles and movie Legolas as well, Achilles evaded a whole beach of archers - I think he can close in on movie Legolas if he's not sucker-sniped. That man could do nearly anything physically.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Oneness
Are his arrows blessed by Apollo?

If this is 2004's Troy's version of Achilles and movie Legolas as well, Achilles evaded a whole beach of archers - I think he can close in on movie Legolas if he's not sucker-sniped. That man could do nearly anything physically.

Legolas doesn't get a bow and arrow in this fight. He's armed with twin swords and Achilles with sword and shield.

jinXed by JaNx
If legalos had arrows he'd win but he loses all day in sword fight against Achilles

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Legolas stomps any fight with a shield present.

You should know this. False. Achilles is the better swordsman by far. He mauls him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.