Darth Malak Runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Star Forge Malak is bloodthirsty; Full rest in between fights.

1. Yaddle
2. Ventress
3. Savage
4. tcw!Maul
5. reborn Krayt
6. doe!Bane
7. rotj!Vader
8. rot!Bane
9. Palpatine
10. fotj!Luke

Nephthys
Probably stops at Maul. He really isn't getting past Krayt though. Hard stop at 5.

S_W_LeGenD
Reaches 9 at maximum.

Nephthys
Haha, no.

Krayt, Bane and Vader would stomp Malak.

DarthAnt66
Malak beating Krayt is a stretch enough, I don't see how he can take Vader or Bane, especially Bane w/ orbiskals. I say he stops at 5.

S_W_LeGenD
Malak became very powerful during his reign as the ruler of a Sith Empire; he single-handedly fought and outdueled Revan, Bastilla and Carth onboard his starship without any external aid. It can be argued that Revan was not at his finest during this encounter but his companions weren't mooks either.

As far as Force Mastery is considered, Malak can unleash powerful bursts of lightning, freeze opponents in place, perform decent telekinetic feats and even drain energy from others to supplement his own. I don't see why Malak cannot harm or find a way to undermine many individuals in this list, he isn't a talentless feeb.

Nephthys
That Malak is powerful isn't in question, its just that these combatants outclass him by a wide margin.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Nephthys
That Malak is powerful isn't in question, its just that these combatants outclass him by a wide margin.
I doubt this; most individuals in the list haven't been tested in ways like Malak have been.

Successfully running a Sith Empire and harnessing the power of dark side wonders such as Star Forge requires ELITE level power and command of the dark side.

King Joker
Probably stops at Maul. He really isn't getting past Krayt though. Hard stop at 5.
thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
Malak is among the most underrated individuals of the mythos.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Malak is among the most underrated individuals of the mythos.

His accolades and force abilities are quite incredible. And Drew then even further implied his lightsaber skills are even better then his force.

"He was renowned for his combat abilities...I also felt that he wasn't as strong at using the Force in other ways as Revan was."

Emperordmb
He and Maul could be decent opponents for eachother, I think Krayt could take him though... done at five if not at four.

Nephthys
I doubt this; most individuals in the list haven't been tested in ways like Malak have been.

Successfully running a Sith Empire and harnessing the power of dark side wonders such as Star Forge requires ELITE level power and command of the dark side.

So? And Malak has never had to come back from the freaking dead like Krayt has. Or survive getting cut in half like Maul. Hell, Maul is one of the most rigorously trained Sith Apprentices in history. If anything, Malak hasn't been tested like Maul has.

Who cares about that crap? It doesn't make him a better fighter than any of these guys. Running the Star Forge won't stop Krayt from killing him in a single touch.

carthage
Done at 4 for sure.

S_W_LeGenD
So? And Malak has never had to come back from the freaking dead like Krayt has.
Malak is noted to have great tolerance for pain. He endured life-threatening experiments performed on him by a mad Mandalorian scientist and decapitation of his lower jaw bone in a duel (absolutely fatal injury).

Ask a doctor if anybody can survive a decapitated jaw in life. And Malak was walking around after such a major injury as if nothing had happened to him.

Or survive getting cut in half like Maul. Hell, Maul is one of the most rigorously trained Sith Apprentices in history. If anything, Malak hasn't been tested like Maul has.
Maul is not a human, zabraks are highly tolerant to injuries by default.

Also, this 'one of the most rigorously trained Sith apprentices' argument doesn't impresses me.

Malak had moved beyond the phase of being a mere apprentice and acquired very impressive mastery of the Force in the long run, he is much more accomplished Sith Lord then Maul. In addition, leaders of a Sith Empire are tested in ways like apprentices never are. I expect you to think logically and not make lame assertions just because you don't like a character.

Who cares about that crap? It doesn't make him a better fighter than any of these guys. Running the Star Forge won't stop Krayt from killing him in a single touch.
Great power makes difference in combat situations; Malak's powers are likely to be effective against majority in this list.

I do believe that 5 and onwards have a chance against Malak but I also believe that Malak can approach 9th spot at least if he fights smart.

Nephthys
Malak is noted to have great tolerance for pain. He endured life-threatening experiments performed on him by a mad Mandalorian scientist and decapitation of his lower jaw bone in a duel (absolutely fatal injury).

Ask a doctor if anybody can survive a decapitated jaw in life. And Malak was walking around after such a major injury as if nothing had happened to him.

Yeah, and Malak is going to need a great tolerance for pain when fighting Vader, Krayt and Bane because they're going to kick his ass.

I fail to see how that's more impressive that coming back from the dead though. erm

Maul is not a human, zabraks are highly tolerant to injuries by default.

Also, this 'one of the most rigorously trained Sith apprentices' argument doesn't impresses me.

Malak had moved beyond the phase of being a mere apprentice and acquired very impressive mastery of the Force in the long run, he is much more accomplished Sith Lord then Maul. In addition, leaders of a Sith Empire are tested in ways like apprentices never are. I expect you to think logically and not make lame assertions just because you don't like a character.

Zabraks aren't that tolerant of injury. They can't survive getting cut in half. Maul specifically credits his survival to the training Sidious had given him.

roll eyes (sarcastic) I meant that Maul has received some of the best training out of anyone in he mythos. He is constantly training and has been all his life. We know that Malak wasn't as rigorously trained from the Kotor comics. The same ones where he lost to a non-force sensitive in a fight.

How are leaders tested? Malak got his position through firing on Revan's ship, not combat. That he was the best Sith after Revan doesn't automatically put him above Maul.

Great power makes difference in combat situations; Malak's powers are likely to be effective against majority in this list.

I do believe that 5 and onwards have a chance against Malak but I also believe that Malak can approach 9th spot at least if he fights smart.

What, and these characters don't possess great power? Vader, Krayt and Bane are more powerful than Malak and can easily resist his powers. Maul is easily as powerful as him as well. This is the same guy who got beaten by Revan over and over again despite being amped by the Star Forge.

The only evidence you've offered is that he was the leader of a Sith Empire and could control the Star Forge. Excuse me while I don't swoon. I ask you, how does Malak deal with Krayt's Dark Transfer? Krayt can kill Malak with a single touch and he is definitely fast and powerful enough to touch Malak if he wants to. And Vader and Bane just flat out stomp him with their superior Force powers. Malak can't resist Vaders TK or Banes lightning. That is, if he can even beat Maul.

red8
Malak clears easily. wink

No, I think Star Forge Malak could overwhelm Maul, but I'm not sure about Krayt or Bane.

S_W_LeGenD
Yeah, and Malak is going to need a great tolerance for pain when fighting Vader, Krayt and Bane because they're going to kick his ass.
Subjective assessment.

I fail to see how that's more impressive that coming back from the dead though. erm
Krayt's immortality talent is useless in this kind of contest.

Zabraks aren't that tolerant of injury. They can't survive getting cut in half. Maul specifically credits his survival to the training Sidious had given him.
My point is that Zabraks have biological advantage over humans in the matter of tolerance to pain and recovery from wounds. Maul's recovery from life-threatening wound is extremely impressive but same is true for Malak; A comparison between these two developments is useless, IMO.

roll eyes (sarcastic) I meant that Maul has received some of the best training out of anyone in he mythos. He is constantly training and has been all his life. We know that Malak wasn't as rigorously trained from the Kotor comics. The same ones where he lost to a non-force sensitive in a fight.
1. I don't regard sparring contests as true display of talent.
2. Malak learned a great deal about the ways of the Force under tutelage of Revan and afterwards.
3. Malak was much more powerful during his reign as DLOTS then he ever was during his time as a Jedi.

How are leaders tested? Malak got his position through firing on Revan's ship, not combat. That he was the best Sith after Revan doesn't automatically put him above Maul.
Leaders get thoroughly tested when running a Sith Empire, they are under constant threat to get overthrown by others in the Empire. In addition, unless Sith followers are convinced that leader is immensely powerful, they are unlikely to respect his command.

What, and these characters don't possess great power? Vader, Krayt and Bane are more powerful than Malak and can easily resist his powers. Maul is easily as powerful as him as well. This is the same guy who got beaten by Revan over and over again despite being amped by the Star Forge.
Did I say that Vader, Krayt and Bane are not powerful?

I do believe in the possibility of Malak loosing to these individuals but I also believe that Malak can defeat these individuals as well, he is this much powerful.

Also, what do you mean by beaten by Revan over and over? This doesn't makes any sense. Malak's loss is affirmed only at this point: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061213185922/jedipedia/de/images/9/9e/MalakTod.jpg

Prior to this point, it was a fierce struggle between the two.

The only evidence you've offered is that he was the leader of a Sith Empire and could control the Star Forge. Excuse me while I don't swoon. I ask you, how does Malak deal with Krayt's Dark Transfer? Krayt can kill Malak with a single touch and he is definitely fast and powerful enough to touch Malak if he wants to. And Vader and Bane just flat out stomp him with their superior Force powers. Malak can't resist Vaders TK or Banes lightning. That is, if he can even beat Maul.
You think that DT is an instakill? It isn't.

And I don't see how Vader and Bane flat out stomp Malak. By this logic, they flat our stomp Revan and even Sith Emperor.

Intrepid37
I'd say he'd lose to Vader in a good fight.

carthage
Lol @ Malak being anywhere near Maul's, Vader's, or Krayt's level.

Intrepid37
Originally posted by carthage
Lol @ Malak being anywhere near Maul's, Vader's, or Krayt's level.
You like a bottle of wine?

carthage
Only with u bby

Intrepid37
Originally posted by carthage
Only with u bby
My clairvoyance once again proves successful.

DarthAnt66
carthage is winebottle?
I'm disgusted.

Nephthys
Subjective assessment.

A subjective assessment supported by all their vastly superior feats and accolades.

Krayt's immortality talent is useless in this kind of contest.

Likewise, Malak's ability to run a Sith Empire is useless too.

Except that Krayt's immortality means that Malak has no real way of killing Krayt permanently.

My point is that Zabraks have biological advantage over humans in the matter of tolerance to pain and recovery from wounds. Maul's recovery from life-threatening wound is extremely impressive but same is true for Malak; A comparison between these two developments is useless, IMO.

And my point is that surviving being cut in half requires ELITE level power and command of the dark side.

1. I don't regard sparring contests as true display of talent.
2. Malak learned a great deal about the ways of the Force under tutelage of Revan and afterwards.
3. Malak was much more powerful during his reign as DLOTS then he ever was during his time as a Jedi.

1. Even so its indicative of mediocre talent. If Malak were that great he would have no problems beating Jarael even in a sparring match. As I recall he also had problems with Cassus Fett.
2. And Maul learned a lot from Sidious.
3. Good for him. That doesn't impress me much.

Leaders get thoroughly tested when running a Sith Empire, they are under constant threat to get overthrown by others in the Empire. In addition, unless Sith followers are convinced that leader is immensely powerful, they are unlikely to respect his command.

Yeah, being a Dark Lord of the Sith makes you powerful. But it doesn't necessarily make you more powerful than the other really powerful characters in Star Wars.

Remember, Kaan was also the leader of a Sith Empire. One that he was actually mentally dominating into following him. Yet Bane eclipsed him in power even as of POD. And Krayt was a leader of a Sith Empire and survived threats to overthrow him, only becoming stronger as a result.

Maul, Vader, Krayt and Bane have all faced worse threats and have been tested more than Malak has. Unless you have some actual proof that he faced greater challenges than those characters did, this point is worthless.

Did I say that Vader, Krayt and Bane are not powerful?

I do believe in the possibility of Malak loosing to these individuals but I also believe that Malak can defeat these individuals as well, he is this much powerful.

Also, what do you mean by beaten by Revan over and over? This doesn't makes any sense. Malak's loss is affirmed only at this point: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061213185922/jedipedia/de/images/9/9e/MalakTod.jpg

Prior to this point, it was a fierce struggle between the two.

You seem to think that merely being powerful puts Malak on an even level with them. It does not. These guys are among the most powerful of the most powerful. There is no evidence that Malak can threaten these guys other than that he led a Sith Empire, which doesn't cut it in the slightest.

Er, the whole point of all those Jedi in jars is that Malak uses them to heal himself and replenish his Force power after every time Revan beats him. He beats him at least twice, probably more. The alternative is that Revan is so much better than Malak that he could kill the Jedi while also fighting off Malak, since I doubt Malak would just allow Revan to destroy his trump cards. So Revan did effectively defeat Malak over and over.

And Malak was being amped by the Star Forge, which he is not here.

You think that DT is an instakill? It isn't.

And I don't see how Vader and Bane flat out stomp Malak. By this logic, they flat our stomp Revan and even Sith Emperor.

I'm pretty sure that it is.

Revan had trouble with a Malak who was being amped with the Star Forge and who had a dozen Jedi in jars who he could regenerate from. And he had to fight Malak after fighting through the Star Forges defenses, beat Bastila 3 times in a row and defeat a room full of continuously respawning droids.

Without all of that, Malak would be as much of a threat to Revan as Nyriss was. Except Nyriss would also kick Malaks ass imo.

Intrepid37
Actually, the OP does point out that Malak is amped by the Star Forge.

Nephthys
So he does.

He still gets the crap kicked out of him.

DarthAnt66
Malak's pretty badass though. He is probably on Maul level, who is no joke.
*Ant motions to his newly completed and expanded Malak Respect Thread:
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/blog/darth-malak-respect-thread/97104/

Fated Xtasy
well I think he'd have a decent chance against Vader but saying that he can beat Krayt, Palpatine or bane, well, now that is a bit of stretch, I mean he is an excellent duelist(considered one of the greatest swordsmen of his time) and a great force user, but he's no where near Luke or Krayt

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Malak's pretty badass though. He is probably on Maul level, who is no joke.
*Ant motions to his newly completed and expanded Malak Respect Thread:
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/blog/darth-malak-respect-thread/97104/

(Should someone tell him the link doesn't work?)

DarthAnt66
Oh...it worked for me.
Does this link work then?
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/

GenomeFrozener
Wouldn't the Star Forge also boost Vader, Krayt and Bane's powers as well due to it being a large dark side nexus?

Emperordmb
Ant's implying that only Malak has the amp in the OP

and the Star Forge was specifically amping him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.