It's kinda interesting isn't it...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
So I saw Captain America winter soldier today and I really enjoyed it, I didn't get to see the scenes after the credits cause I had to get to work but I'll be seeing it again with my girlfriend so I'll see those scenes. Anyway, yeah I enjoyed the new cap film, I'd even say I liked it more than the first cap movie, not that the first one was bad cause I did enjoy it a lot. I also enjoyed Thor dark world, again I enjoyed that more than the first Thor film but I did still enjoy the first Thor film. So what's the interesting thing you ask? Well I'm leaving out another Avenger (well two but I'm not including Hulk cause he's had one film...so far), Iron Man....first Iron Man movie was amazing, I loved it...but the second film was lacking and was not as good as the first film...then they made a third Iron Man film and people were mixed...some loved it and some hated it...I'd say I was in the middle, I actually think I enjoyed it less than the second. I find it interesting that Iron Man started out so strong compared to the other solo Avenger movies but then digressed, where as Thor and Captain didn't get off to the best start but then with their sequel movies got stronger. I don't see how they can keep f*cking up Iron Man, if there's a 4th film it better be good and I wanna see the real Mandarin which for me was another reason I didn't like Iron Man 3. I just wonder if anyone else has noticed this or if it's just me.

Firefly218
I actually thought Iron Man 2 was the only weak link of the series. I thoroughly enjoyed Iron Man 1 and 3. The Mandarin mix-up actually didn't bother me too much.

Thor 2 was better than Thor 1. Can't wait to see if Cap improves too

CPT Space Bomb
I feel that Iron Man 3 was quite enjoyable.

Sure at first I was put off by the Mandarin reveal, but I've come to not mind it as much. Instead, I recognize it as a very bold move that worked for the film. It was funny and totally caught EVERYONE off guard. My only REAL gripe with the film was the lack of durability of ALL Iron Man's armors and pepper killing off the Mandarin at the end in the FASHION that she did (Granted Tony softened him up pretty badly)...

I feel that the Iron Man series in in good shape, with the second movie being the only real letdown, and even that was a pretty good movie. Just closer in quality to Hulk than any other Marvel Studios titles..

steverules_2
She killed Killian, he wasn't the Mandarin even though he said he was

Kazenji
This is what i want to see for the Mandarin

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/Comic%20Scans/Comic%20covers/prv12849_cov_zpse0190b28.jpg~original

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by steverules_2
She killed Killian, he wasn't the Mandarin even though he said he was I'm well aware of who the Mandarin is in the comics, but for all intents and purposes Killian was The Mandarin in IM3. He was the mastermind pulling all the strings and he was the powerful baddie at the end. And he said, "I'm The Mandarin". Now, unfortunately, until Marvel Studios changes that, He technically was the Mandarin. I don't like it, but I accept it.

ares834
While I wasn't the biggest fan of IM3 I actually thought it was a far better film than Thor: TDW.

Golgo13
Originally posted by ares834
While I wasn't the biggest fan of IM3 I actually thought it was a far better film than Thor: TDW.

They were both pretty weak, but yeah, I agree. I actually liked the first half of IM 3, but the humor killed it for me. Same with the Thor.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Golgo13
They were both pretty weak, but yeah, I agree. I actually liked the first half of IM 3, but the humor killed it for me. Same with the Thor. They were not both "pretty weak."
A) That's your opinion, (and it's wrong wink )
B) They were both arguably the best in their series.

C) And last but not least, they both made shit-tons of money. And as well as Captain America: Winter Soldier is being reviewed, it doesn't look like Marvel Studios is slowing down pumping out good movies.

Golgo13
I prefer Thor and Iron Man 1 over the sequels.

BruceSkywalker
well it really isn't uncommon to like a sequel(s) .. sequels are sometimes made to be way/much better than its predecessor ..

example being The Dark Knight was much better than Batman Begins..
John Carpenter's original Halloween 2 is better than Halloween ..

I will judge more next friday after I see Cap: Winter Soldier

Golgo13
I've liked sequels just fine. It's widely accepted that IM 2 was pretty boring and it's got a lower score on reviews and IMDB. I just didn't care for Thor 2 or IM 3 all that much, but that doesn't mean I won't like future sequels.

Firefly218
Why do people consider Thor 2 'weak'? I thought it was amazing after the first watch.

ares834
I felt it had tons of problems. A nonsensical plot, humor at the absolute worst moments, a god-awful villain, every single human character was awful (especially Kat Denning's character facepalm), etc...

The only things I actually liked in the film were the visuals and Loki.

Probably my least favorite Marvel film to date aside from IM2. Which is a shame as I really enjoyed the first film.

Firefly218
I felt it had tons of problems. A nonsensical plot, humor at the absolute worst moments, a god-awful villain, every single human character was awful (especially Kat Denning's character facepalm), etc...

Probably my least favorite Marvel film to date aside from IM2. Which is a shame as I really enjoyed the first film.

Wow. I couldn't disagree more. To each their own I guess

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Firefly218
Wow. I couldn't disagree more. To each their own I guess I agree. I think Thor 2 was great. Some of the action sequences in Thor 2 put every other Marvel movie to shame in terms of cgi and scope (When the Dark Elves invaded Asgard, it was frackin' incredible to watch. Also, that beginning scene with the DE's vs Asgard and Bor).

But if you take the movie for what it is, Thor and company saving not only EARTH, but the UNIVERSE itself....it's pretty damn epic. Sure the humor was maybe a bit over the top, and Malekith wasn't fleshed out as much as he should have been. But it was still a very strong movie in the Marvel Studios library.

Golgo13

Same here. Anthony Hopkins was good as Odin. Don't forget him.

tkitna
Thor 2 wasn't awesome, but it was decent. I liked it better then the first one for sure. Kurse was a beast and was beating the hell out of Thor (like it should be), and I thought Loki was good in it also. I liked it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by tkitna
Thor 2 wasn't awesome, but it was decent. I liked it better then the first one for sure. Kurse was a beast and was beating the hell out of Thor (like it should be), and I thought Loki was good in it also. I liked it.

I agree

Golgo13
Originally posted by tkitna

Thor has the edge, because the Ice Giant fight was the best action scene in both. It was the only thing that stuck out to me.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Golgo13
Thor has the edge, because the Ice Giant fight was the best action scene in both. It was the only thing that stuck out to me. Really? Are you kidding? The Ice Giant scene was great at the time because it showed Thor spinning Mjolnir and fighting with it like in the comics...but that scene was too short and the Ice giants weren't represented very well at all.

The best action scenes are definitely in Thor 2. Better CGI and more on the line. Thor 1 was awesome because of it's introduction of Tom Hiddleston as Loki and he, Thor and Odin's familial struggles.

Golgo13
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Really? Are you kidding? The Ice Giant scene was great at the time because it showed Thor spinning Mjolnir and fighting with it like in the comics...but that scene was too short and the Ice giants weren't represented very well at all.

The best action scenes are definitely in Thor 2. Better CGI and more on the line. Thor 1 was awesome because of it's introduction of Tom Hiddleston as Loki and he, Thor and Odin's familial struggles.

Nope. I'm serious. Didn't care too much for the action scenes in Thor 2. For some reason the Ice Giant scene really sticks out to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.