Gandalf and Saruman vs. Sauron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Lets see if these two can take him down. Sauron has his body and the ring.

quanchi112
Sauron wins.

ShadowFyre
Sairon is supposed to be more powerful bit honestly in the movie verse neither him nor any of the mages have showings that make one think they are incredibly powerful. And unless you have read the novels, they were probably outshined by Legolas.

But in the novels, I think it is stated the maiar never truly unleashed their full power in the lotr.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Sairon is supposed to be more powerful bit honestly in the movie verse neither him nor any of the mages have showings that make one think they are incredibly powerful. And unless you have read the novels, they were probably outshined by Legolas.

But in the novels, I think it is stated the maiar never truly unleashed their full power in the lotr. Did you miss the Desolation of Smaug ?

ShadowFyre
Yes. I haven't seen it yet. But in the novels, gandalf doesn't do anything spectacular that I can remember, but then again legolas wasn't even in the hobbit so I'm guessing they changed something.

ares834

Uh, no.... Hell Gandalf kicked Legolas's ass.

ShadowFyre
Oh no. Don't get me wrong. I didn't mean that legolas is stronger than them. Hell no. I meant to the general audience who have never read the novels that Legolas jumping around and killing stuff might seem more impressive than some of the things Gandalf did.

quanchi112
Yes. I haven't seen it yet. But in the novels, gandalf doesn't do anything spectacular that I can remember, but then again legolas wasn't even in the hobbit so I'm guessing they changed something. You need to rewatch the films.

Gandalf takes on the Balrog while Legolas flees due to not being able to affect him in the slightest.

ShadowFyre
I know. But most of that is off screen. I know, and you know, and anyone who has read the novels know this. I'm talking about someone who just saw the movie and never read the books. Legolas had just as many parts in the movies where he did something cool or badass as Gandalf did. And while, him shooting arrows is obviously not as powerful as magic he "shined" in the movies just as much. Not sure if y'all see where I'm coming from or not. I may just not be explaining it very well. Oh well.

quanchi112
I know. But most of that is off screen. I know, and you know, and anyone who has read the novels know this. I'm talking about someone who just saw the movie and never read the books. Legolas had just as many parts in the movies where he did something cool or badass as Gandalf did. And while, him shooting arrows is obviously not as powerful as magic he "shined" in the movies just as much. Not sure if y'all see where I'm coming from or not. I may just not be explaining it very well. Oh well. His feats were far less impressive than Gandalf's and were mostly down against fodder unlike Gandalf.

NemeBro
Gandalf falls down a ravine in the earth and manfights the Balrog in freefall.

Legolas did not look more impressive to anyone, lol.

FrothByte
Originally posted by NemeBro
Gandalf falls down a ravine in the earth and manfights the Balrog in freefall.

Legolas did not look more impressive to anyone, lol.

It was only that Balrog fight that Gandalf was impressive at. Everything else he did was outclassed by Legolas.

But as far as the match goes, I know Sauron is supposed to be this badass and all but he's seriously lacking in movie feats. He looked nothing more than a big bruiser, and Gandalf and Saruman could probably just levitate him and thrown him around the room till they knock his ring off.

NemeBro
He casually defeated Legolas, Gimli, and Aragorn at the same time.

Legolas had trouble with a big orc in Desolation, Gandalf fought Sauron personally.

What are you even talking about?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.