Anakin and Obi-Wan fight Dooku too much

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
In Episode III, Anakin says that his powers have doubled since the last time they fought, implying their last fight was on Geonosis. Next TCW comes in and Anakin fights Dooku on Tatooine (2), Dooku on Naboo (3), with an electrowhip on Zygerria, Dooku on Naboo AGAIN (5) and finally Dooku on Obah Diah (6). Correct me if I missed any. I do not count the Clone Doppelganger Dooku or when Obi-Wan and Mace Windu fought Dooku in the Clone Wars game. So all in all this is Anakin and Dooku's 7TH ENCOUNTER. How can this be retconned?

Emperordmb
Anakin's being cocky.

pencilcrayon
RotS Dooku had to use both hands against Anakin compared to his TCW incarnation, yet he was still overpowered.

Galan007
Not sure I understand the question.

When RotS was fist released, it was heavily implied that Anakin/Kenobi and Dooku hadn't battled since AotC, ergo Dooku's comment: "I've been waiting a LONG TIME for this!", followed by Anakin's rebuttal: "My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count."

Filoni giving them multiple battles during TCW is the retcon.

Same coin, RotS also implied that Anakin/Kenobi had never even seen Grievous first-hand, let alone battled him. TCW, however, most certainly retconned that as well.

Darth Abonis
No dude, your missing my point. TCW trounces all over the EU which is somewhat understandable. George Lucas doesn't care about it and accept it as canon. Yet ROTS is canon and they broke it with that dialogue, implying that this was only the second time they dueled.

Galan007
Eh, what? The statements made in RotS, which heavily imply that Dooku hadn't battled Anakin/Kenobi since AotC, are now non-canon, as they fought multiple times during TCW.

King Joker
Originally posted by Galan007
Not sure I understand the question.

When RotS was fist released, it was heavily implied that Anakin/Kenobi and Dooku hadn't battled since AotC, ergo Dooku's comment: "I've been waiting a LONG TIME for this!", followed by Anakin's rebuttal: "My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count."

Filoni giving them multiple battles during TCW is the retcon.

Same coin, RotS also implied that Anakin/Kenobi had never even seen Grievous first-hand, let alone battled him. TCW, however, most certainly retconned that as well.

It only implied Anakin never met Grievous, not Obi-Wan and Anakin. Anakin and GG never actually met face-to-face in TCW, so, that isn't retconned.

Galan007
*sighs* Aside from nitpicking just to nitpick, surely you understand my point here..?

King Joker
Yup.

Darth Abonis
Okay I will be even clearer. ROTS is canon. Dave Filoni HAD to tiptoe around it. EU can go to hell for all he's concerned, but the multiple Dooku Anakin Obi-Wan duels are a serious problem. Anakin never faced Grievous in TCW, so that is keeping with established canon. It was never said that Obi-Wan never faced Grievous, so by that logic he'd duel him every other week. I just want to think of an in-universe retcon to explain that Invisible Hand dialogue.

Galan007
I still don't think you're understanding.The Invisible Hand dialogue in RotS was retconned when Filoni had Anakin/Kenobi fight Dooku multiple times during TCW.

In even simpler terms, the lines: "I've been waiting a LONG TIME for this!", and "My powers have doubled since the last time we met, Count." are no longer applicable/canon, as these 3 engaged in many-a-battle after the events of AotC.

Emperordmb
When G-canon contradicts itself, it's always best to use suspension of disbelief. Anakin is being cocky, and Dooku is perhaps exaggerating the time or saying he's been waiting a long time for the chance to take them down, to which they have no escape from him here.

Galan007
When G-canon contradicts itself, the most current information=the most canon information.

Emperordmb
Hence my statement "When G-canon contradicts itself"

DARTH POWER
Does he say "LONG TIME?" I thought he just said " I've been looking forward to this.." And Skywalker BELIEVING or THINKING his powers have doubled are just that. His own cocky thoughts.

Clearly the original intention wad for that to be their first fight since AOTC, but now that's changed the dialogue seems a bit strange but isn't rendered completely non-Canon or anything Imho.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Does he say "LONG TIME?" I thought he just said " I've been looking forward to this.." And Skywalker BELIEVING or THINKING his powers have doubled are just that. His own cocky thoughts.

Clearly the original intention wad for that to be their first fight since AOTC, but now that's changed the dialogue seems a bit strange but isn't rendered completely non-Canon or anything Imho.
Thank you! This post answers everything.

Galan007
Does he say "LONG TIME?" I thought he just said " I've been looking forward to this.." And Skywalker BELIEVING or THINKING his powers have doubled are just that. His own cocky thoughts. You're right. He doesn't say "long time". Shame on me for not double-checking. embarrasment

Clearly the original intention wad for that to be their first fight since AOTC, but now that's changed the dialogue seems a bit strange but isn't rendered completely non-Canon or anything Imho. If the dialogue alluded to it being their first battle since AotC, then it is non-canon in that sense.

King Joker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvTa1vxmY3M

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.