Ray Palmer Vs Niles Caulder

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Which super genius wins? Pre-Flashpoint for both.

pym-ftw
Prep battle I assume?

Golgo13
Yeah. Each gets 7 days of prep.

pym-ftw
Niles wins imo, he'd have the grander plan.

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Niles wins imo, he'd have the grander plan.

Where would you place Niles in the Marvel hierarchy of super geniuses?

pym-ftw
Above Stark.

beatboks
Chief takes this easily. Palmer might just beat him out as a physicist ( and I mean just but then again Niles covers a LOT more fields and Palmer would only beat him in his field of expertise). However courtesy of the retcon with the last run of DP Niles a a lot more of a manipulative bastard who can manipulate people, power systems and events just how he wants them

Golgo13
Originally posted by beatboks
Chief takes this easily. Palmer might just beat him out as a physicist ( and I mean just but then again Niles covers a LOT more fields and Palmer would only beat him in his field of expertise). However courtesy of the retcon with the last run of DP Niles a a lot more of a manipulative bastard who can manipulate people, power systems and events just how he wants them

Seriously? I think Palmer is the greatest thinker in the DCU. Solving the virus in the DC 1M crossover, solving a universal/multiversal destroying event, created a machine to defeat Superman, and creating devices to manipulate reality.

Niles is no joke, either, but I doubt it will be EASY.

beatboks
Originally posted by Golgo13
Seriously? I think Palmer is the greatest thinker in the DCU. Solving the virus in the DC 1M crossover, solving a universal/multiversal destroying event, created a machine to defeat Superman, and creating devices to manipulate reality.

Niles is no joke, either, but I doubt it will be EASY.

Let's put it this way. aside from the fact that Niles was the medical genius who was consulted when famous Actress Rita Farr became elastic and was also the scientist who NASA consulted when one of their pilots was irradiated. he was also the engineering master mind who created a robot body that could cybernetically be connected to a human brain. Add to this the fact that in the Last run of DP he was

1. consulted by NASA over issues with their space program that their best scientists couldn't work out
2. Consulted by geologists about earth movements that the greatest minds in the field couldn't comprehend
3. Consulted by oceanographers on discoveries they couldn't understand
as well as various other scientists in almost every scientific field you could imagine

Making a few incredible break throughs in a single area of science IMO doesn't compare to being shown as the greatest mind and go to person on any issue in every field of scientific study known to man.

DC's greatest minds turn to Palmer with Questions about Physics. Those same greatest minds turn to Caulder with Questions about every bloody thing. Plus that same run showed he was a manipulative individual who even controlled people through subtle manipulation ( it was show he actually instigate and set up every accident that cause the original DPers to become the powerful beings they were and direct them towards his leadership) and that he even controlled and influenced world political power.

IMHO Earth nrains in the DCU
1. Niles Caulder
2. Lex Luthor
3. Micheal Holt
4. Ray Palmer
5. Dr Sivanna

DarkSaint85
Ray in the short term (OMG THE WORLD IS GONNA END TOMORROW SAVE US!)

Niles in the long term (I need a viable plan that will protect Earth for a multitude of threats, whatever they may be).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.