Star trek vs Star Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

turkinman73
Ok SW fans listen to me if a SSD took on a borg cube jusr because the SSD is 3.4 miles long doesn't mean anything the SSD is a sitting target
the borg cube is very powerfull and if its a tactical cube the SSD would be cheese slices sitting in space and george lucas is full of crap the turbo lasers would not destroy a ST ship with one shot. The shield in ST the a laser would not ever penatrate the shield let alone a turbo laser yeah it has 250 of them but the average galaxy class ST ship has seven layers of shielding yes im a ST fan but i get tired of you people assuming
SW is more powerfull in a all out battle there would be massive loses and keep in mind the ships in SW are huge they are sitting ducks and a tactical cube is a force of nature any ship from SW would not survive and encounter with the BTC hell one scout cube took on 39 ships from ST and won with extreme minor damage oh and by the way in ST the Dominion inslaver class would stomp the heck out of a SSD because it to is 3.7 Miles long and build for war it lobs 100 torpeds at ones it is desighned for extreme warfare 16 klingon vorcha's attack one dominion inslaver class and all klingon hands were lost so ST isnt as powerfull as u people think they are just because its your favorite show/movie quit putting it better as i said above if they went to all out war there would be
extreme loses on both sides hell ive played ST vs SW and my friend oliver is a extreme SW fan and even he says ST v SW there would be massive losses i towed DS9 into battle it did a lot of damage before i lost it but a BTC would destroy a SSD by itself with no or little damage a BTC is 9973.7 ft in every Direction thats 1.88 Miles Wide,High and Long
it has torpedo weapons,beam weapons and multi-phasic shielding so your turbo lasers do no damage at all and your flight of T-Fighter expolde on contact with the shields now as for a SSD the tacital cube would beam over a couple hundred drones and start Assimultaing storm troopers and ST is more advanced than SW in technology wise and when they addapt to any E-weapon u have u are screwed and traswap is a little faster but not much and quantum slip stream way faster than anything SW has to offer.

DarthAnt66
lol. Yarael Poof solos entire Star Trek universe.
/thread

Emperordmb
If Star Wars has Centerpoint Station, the Sun Crushers, the Star Forge, the Foundary, the Eclipse, Force Gods, Sith Lords with powers of legend, the Font of Power, the Pool of Knowledge, battle meditation, and a virus that no life form is immune to...

I think Star Trek is ****ed

Nephthys
What if Trek has Q?

Galan007
^ Vader chokes it. thumb up

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
What if Trek has Q?
Then Star Wars still has The Ones.

Q99
Here's the thing about Trek vs Wars- Wars ships are much much bigger (the Enterprise D would be a light cruiser in SW), and they are a *galactic* civilization. It's total industrial capacity is quite different.

It's really not much of a fight, the scale is far different.

The biggest fleet mentioned in Trek is the Dominion fleet at the end of the war, at 30,000 ships, which outnumbered the combined Federation/Klingon/Romulan fleet. Most of those were Jem'hadar attack ships, at around 100 meters long. The Galactic Empire had 25,000 Imperial Star Destroyers (according to the WEG Star Wars RPG), at 1.6 kilometers long. Not entire fleet, *just* Imperial-class Star Destroyers. Think about those numbers if you will.

19 kilometers / 11.8 miles.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Then Star Wars still has The Ones.

Qs by far outmatch the Ones.

A side effect of the Q civil war, held outside our universe, was suns going nova left and right inside our universe. Just a side-effect. They can hang out in the Big Bang and tie time in a pretzel....

Wars beats Trek's conventional forces, however Trek's high end cosmic energy beings are another story.

Nephthys
Then again, there was that episode where the Q Continuum was defeated by Voyager armed with muskets. :V

I wish I was kidding.

DarthAnt66
Jar-Jar solos then.

Q99
Then again, there was that episode where the Q Continuum was defeated by Voyager armed with muskets. :V

I wish I was kidding.

No, that was in the Continuum, with the muskets explicitly a metaphor for the real Q weapons which the human mind couldn't directly comprehend so Q (the main Q) made it so the Voy humans would perceive them that way.

Those 'muskets' were what caused the supernovae all over our universe that I mentioned, and they got into the continuum by flying into a supernova with ad-hoc shield improvements that a semi-depowered Q was able to throw together on the fly.

Another episode has Q talking about changing the gravitational constant of the universe.

Qs are... kinda crazy.

There's also lesser energy beings like the Douwd, who were able to wipe out an entire species with a large empire, all of it, with a single though.

The Merchant
Star Wars has more firepower, in the teraton range while trek is in the megaton range mostly.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Q99
No, that was in the Continuum, with the muskets explicitly a metaphor for the real Q weapons which the human mind couldn't directly comprehend.

Couldn't comprehend, but could pick up and point at people apparently. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Q99
Couldn't comprehend, but could pick up and point at people apparently. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sure, because Q made them that way, Q translated everything there for them. 'Pick up' isn't exactly accurate in itself, for example, the whole place is explicitly a metaphor.

Again, those were weapons that were causing supernovaes, as a side effect of their firing, in a different dimension from the one they were fired in.

Also of note: A Q cannot kill itself. A Q can go to the big bang. A Q who wanted to die was unable to kill itself with the big bang, where it regularly hung out. But those weapons worked.

Who cares what they looked like if they could kill things that can literally ignore the power of the big bang?

Nephthys
I don't care. That episode was retarded and completely killed the Q as a credible threat.

Even if the weapons were OP, the Q should have been able to kill the Voyager crew with a twitch in a nanosecond. Or blink them all into the corn fields.

The Merchant
The Father said that if the Son and Daughter fought outside of Mortis they can destroy the Universe.

Stealth Moose
I don't care. That episode was retarded and completely killed the Q as a credible threat.

Even if the weapons were OP, the Q should have been able to kill the Voyager crew with a twitch in a nanosecond. Or blink them all into the corn fields.

Q changes reality for.shits and gigles bro. Between them and the Douwd and it's a stomp. Remove those beings.and SW stomps.

Q99
Other 'fun' things- The Prophets, who exist non-linearly. The Krenim Timeship, which has a gun that makes things never exist in the first place. The distant future Federation, which fights a war across time.

Like Stealth Moose said, normal stuff, Wars stomps, weird funky energy-time stuff, Trek.

Because of the metaphor they used? Because they can empower others?

Unless, say, the weapons themselves provided protection and speed (hardly a unique property, or something that'd be odd for something so mind-bogglingly advanced), and/or, I don't know, they had an allied Q right next to them helping them out?

Q have lent their powers to others on prior occasions. Riker was temporarily given Q powers himself, for example.

Originally posted by The Merchant
The Father said that if the Son and Daughter fought outside of Mortis they can destroy the Universe.

The Q civil war threatened to destroy subspace, which actually includes multiple observed universes.

Also, the Ones have... never actually done something remotely like that. Heck, Abeloth and the measures used against her kinda shows how much threat beings of that magnitude are when they do get into the wild like she did. A lot, but not even galaxy destroying.

Just as Trek ships are no match for Wars ones, there is a similar imbalance in the energy being category.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Q99
Because of the metaphor they used? Because they can empower others?

Because it completely destroyed the idea of the Q as unknowable aliens and turned them into squabbling morons. Because godlike beings got snuck up on and held hostage by humans. Because it completely ignored a previous episode that was entirely about a child of a Q. Because it was just badly written, badly directed, poorly executed and an utter travesty of a story that negatively impacted the series as a whole.

Originally posted by Q99
Unless, say, the weapons themselves provided protection and speed (hardly a unique property, or something that'd be odd for something so mind-bogglingly advanced), and/or, I don't know, they had an allied Q right next to them helping them out?

Q have lent their powers to others on prior occasions. Riker was temporarily given Q powers himself, for example.

If this was the case then the show should have made it clear. It didn't of course, so this is just empty justifications made after the fact and doesn't stop the episode from being completely absurd and awful. You don't get points for maybes.

turkinman73
ST Has Q Q is unkillable by anything in SW Vader Could not touch Q neither Could the Emporer Q can move Galaxies Q is the FORCE.

DarthAnt66
Lol. Jar-Jar would beat Q if some guys with muskets could.
Who the hell even likes Star Trek these days anyway?

turkinman73
So at like 11.8 miles long its a Sitting target its to big. There is stuff in ST that can take on the Death Star.

Q99
Originally posted by turkinman73
So at like 11.8 miles long its a Sitting target its to big.

... it's size means it has massive engines, meaning massive power for shields *and* weapons.

Being a big target hardly matters too much if it can ignore most levels of firepower.

Also? There's quite a number of them. Almost as many as the Federation has Galaxy-class ships.

Because it completely destroyed the idea of the Q as unknowable aliens and turned them into squabbling morons. Because godlike beings got snuck up on and held hostage by humans.

....? Q's spent entire episodes on pranks before. They were never the most dignified uber beings around.

And considering the methods, and that, again, Riker was granted Q powers before so we know they can boost mortals hella high even *without* stuff that's advanced even by Q standards, I don't see that as a deal breaker.

It did make it clear that everything there, weapons included, were metaphors translated by main-Q.

turkinman73
Yeah a Musket ball made by Q in the Q continuum. Jar-Jar would be Vaped.A Q Weapon Olny a Q can Hurt a Q.

i like Star Trek i Like Star Wars to i just prefer Star Trek

turkinman73
Hey We All no if star trek and star wars went to war who would win people who like star wars would say star wars people who like star trek would say star trek. but it would be one hell of a fight. and the ferengi would be rich with salvage.

Q99
Overall I prefer neither, they're pretty different things and both have really good and not-as-good parts.

Like doesn't factor too much in a fight.

turkinman73
Does any no if there is an Actual Star Trek vs Star Was Game.

turkinman73
Q99 you have a Point.

Q99
On a related note, there's a spinoff universe based purely on TOS Canon called Star Fleet Battles, which is much stronger conventionally (TOS ships fought at warp speeds. Constantly), though fewer in number, and has way less energy beings.

Originally posted by turkinman73
Does any no if there is an Actual Star Trek vs Star Was Game.

That'd be awesome, but also license hell, no way someone would be able to buy the rights to both *and* get both owners to sign off on it.

http://www.egscomics.com/comics/20040203_ZIfr.gif

NemeBro
Couldn't comprehend, but could pick up and point at people apparently. roll eyes (sarcastic) How uncouth.

Human weaponry being used as a metaphor for cosmic forces is an honored tradition dating back to mythology you stupid cow.

Like how Surtur in Marvel wields a sword that is also the concentrated power of a galaxy, or how Lucifer and Michael in Lucifer manfight wielding swords.

**** you.

Nephthys
Sounds gay as balls.

Originally posted by Q99
....? Q's spent entire episodes on pranks before. They were never the most dignified uber beings around.

And considering the methods, and that, again, Riker was granted Q powers before so we know they can boost mortals hella high even *without* stuff that's advanced even by Q standards, I don't see that as a deal breaker.

So what? The concept of the Q is still that they are evolved past our imagining and on a completely different level. That they think in ways beyond our comprehension. You're the one pointing out that everything in the Continuum was just metaphors for things mortals cannot understand. Yet in the episode Q gets 'shot' and Janeway patches up his wound. You know, from the guns which can destroy solar systems according to you.

It was never said that Q was boosting them. All you're saying is 'well maybe'.

Originally posted by Q99
It did make it clear that everything there, weapons included, were metaphors translated by main-Q.

You're extrapolating that into Q giving all the Voyager cast superspeed and anti-Q shields.

Q shouldn't have needed Voyager's help at all. He could create entire armies if he wanted people to point some guns at people.

Emperordmb
Q has nothing that could kill the Ones though...

Q99

So what? The concept of the Q is still that they are evolved past our imagining and on a completely different level. That they think in ways beyond our comprehension. You're the one pointing out that everything in the Continuum was just metaphors for things mortals cannot understand. Yet in the episode Q gets 'shot' and Janeway patches up his wound. You know, from the guns which can destroy solar systems according to you.

It was never said that Q was boosting them. All you're saying is 'well maybe'.

No, I'm saying things were explicitly not what they looked like.

Also, 'guns which can destroy solar systems' is something of an understatement.

It's 'guns which, as a side-effect due to it's effects on subspace, cause stars no where near them or their targets, in fact in a different dimension, to go supernova.'

Something which Q has done before.

It's not, like, crazy speculation of a new ability. It's a question of whether or not it provided known, previously used abilities.

Or, alternatively, since Qs seem at times to get their power *from* the Continuum, perhaps simply being there provides power to an extent.

Hmmmmm..... it also strikes me, the guns specifically affect subspace. Subspace is what provides, like, warp travel and such, subspace phasing, and a bunch of other stuff. Them providing speed doesn't sound too crazy.

Or something else. Really, the specifics don't matter.

If you see a human going toe-to-toe with Superman and wearing a fancy piece of gear, you don't assume that Superman's suddenly weak, the simplest explanation is that thing's doing it, even if it is not spelled out how or what precisely it does. If you see Captain America arm-wrestling Hulk and wearing a bizarre hat, you blame the bizarre hat. If you see Reed Richards make Galactus back off with a weird object, you assume the weird object is awesome (note: this has happened). If you see a random stormtrooper pushing Kyle Katarn back in a fight and wearing a glowy amulet, you blame the amulet.

Likewise, if you see someone threatening a cosmic energy being and holding a piece of tech of said cosmic energy beings with unknown precise properties... well, there's a conclusion which is simpler than the others.

Honestly? Sure. Q's created life before. I mean, one could argue that perhaps the Qs on each side were counteracting the others from doing so, if one really desired a Watsonian reason.

The true Doylist reason was it was purely an excuse to get the Voy's crew involved.

None of which, of course, changes the fact that Q and their weapons are crazy, crazy powerful.

Raptor22
Didn't wesley crusher become a godlike being towards the end? Does anyone know how he compares to the Q's?

Stealth Moose
Q would stomp Wesley still.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.