The Monster Hunter v.s. The Chosen Undead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
The Hunters from

MH: FU
MH: F2
and MH: 3U

Each with end game gear come across The Chosen Undead from Dark Souls.

They bumble into the Kiln of the First Flame after the Chosen Undead has disposed of the shell of Gwyn.

Due to Dark Souls cosmology being weird they each bumble into a different, but identical, Chosen Undead's world.

The Chosen Undead is also, obviously, in end game gear, and has had time to recover from the fight with Gwyn.

Who comes out on top in each battle?

NemeBro
The Chosen Undead's opponents are certainly more powerful than those the Monster Hunter has fought, I'd say.

He also has access to explicit supernatural powers that the Monster Hunter does not.

I'd definitely go with the Chosen Undead.

ScreamPaste
Some of the monsters in MH seem to have some supernatural qualities, and some equipment descriptions point to as much in the gear made from them.

Also, the MH did beat up the Ceadeus, admittedly with the help of underwater siege weapons. It could cause earthquakes by headbutting Moga island.

NemeBro
Whereas Gwyn could create and withstand a huge splosion that turned the entire Kiln of the First Flame to little more than charred ash, or the Bed of Chaos, which was created by a flame so powerful even the Witch of Izalith and her daughters could not control it. You should recall from the opening cutscene how apocalyptically devastating her infernos were.

Then there is Seath the Scaleness, an Everlasting Dragon so powerful he could butcher hundreds of his own kind, apparently in a single battle.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro
Whereas Gwyn could create and withstand a huge splosion that turned the entire Kiln of the First Flame to little more than charred ash, or the Bed of Chaos, which was created by a flame so powerful even the Witch of Izalith and her daughters could not control it. You should recall from the opening cutscene how apocalyptically devastating her infernos were.

Then there is Seath the Scaleness, an Everlasting Dragon so powerful he could butcher hundreds of his own kind, apparently in a single battle.

Seath is the only being from the war that is not a shadow of his former self when the Chosen Undead fights them, though. He could be arguably stronger, in fact, due to receiving a portion of Gwyn's Lord Soul.

He's also completely mad.

The Gwyn the Chosen Undead beat on had been burning to fuel the flames for so long that the only fire left in the Kiln was a tiny bonfire at the epicenter.

NemeBro
True, but unlike the black knights sent to help fuel the Kiln with Gywn, Gwyn wasn't vaporized. This is an incredible durability feat.

The Bed of Chaos also isn't any weaker than it once was, though admittedly there is some weakness exploitation present.

I should also mention that three seers were tasked to destroy New Londo by flooding it with sorcery. You can meet and kill one or two of them, but more importantly, this failed to hold back the Four Kings, who you proceed to butcher.

But most of all, there is Manus. Let's ignore the probability that he is in fact the ascended form of the Furtive Pygmy, the primogenitor of the human race. He also is the dimension lord creator of the Abyss, an immense no ****s given alternate dimension of darkness that is so massive it transcends time and space, being both present in the ancient realm of Oolacile and of course within New Londo, two places geographically and temporally far-removed. You kill the shit out of Manus.

Nephthys
I thought those 3 assholes just opened the floodgates to flood the city.

NemeBro
You could be right, idk.

Why'd they have to be ancient sorcerers to do that though?

Nephthys
They were just the guys in charge I guess after the 4 Kings went shithive maggots. I don't think they needed to be sorcerers, they were merely the guys with the keys.

NemeBro
Who do you think wins fgt?

ScreamPaste
They did flood the city, the floodgates lead out to the valley of the drakes, opening them unfloods the city.

NemeBro
I win again!

Nephthys
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
They did flood the city, the floodgates lead out to the valley of the drakes, opening them unfloods the city.

Yeah, hence why they flooded the place by closing them. I got it mixed up I think.

ScreamPaste
So the water came from where?

"Mask of the sorcerers who flooded New Londo
to seal away the Darkwraiths, and the
Four Kings who descended into Dark.

It symbolizes their resolve to keep the seal
shut forever and their atonement for all who
were sacrificed, but two of the three forsook
New Londo upon tiring of their duty."

From the Sealer's Mask, obv.

Nephthys
Even after you unflood the city theres still water and rivers everwhere. Like near where you fight all the Dark Wraiths. I assume its just that the floodgates being open stop the city from, well, flooding. Why would they even build floodgates if they had no purpose?

NemeBro
The floodgate of New Londo is just the front door, lol.

Nephthys
Then why are they called floodgates?

ScreamPaste
Because they are gates that hold back a flood.

But yeah, I'm not so sure the Lords are that much more powerful than the Monsters from MH, particularly as the Chosen Undead foits dem.

NemeBro
A random mook in Blight Town, namely the fire dog, is strong enough to move that massive spinning elevator with only its leg muscles. It can do this indefinitely.

It's probably stronger than the Rathalos.

This is a random trash mook.

The Chosen Undead wins.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro
A random mook in Blight Town, namely the fire dog, is strong enough to move that massive spinning elevator with only its leg muscles. It can do this indefinitely.

It's probably stronger than the Rathalos.

This is a random trash mook.

The Chosen Undead wins. I'm the one who told you that, you ******. haermm

It's also probably stronger than Nito or Seath. estahuh

NemeBro
Idc

Stronger than Nito or Seath? Calm down man.

Nito does have the okay strength feat of moving the lid of his coffin off of him, which would be pretty ****ing heavy.

One of his mere servants can also drag the big stone coffin you can rest in as well.

Even mooks are very much superhuman in Dark Souls, apparently.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.