Sora Bulq vs. Darth Nihil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

Emperordmb
Nihl choked out Cade at one point, so I think he'd take force.

Bulq is a more renown duelist than Nihl, so I think Bulq takes sabers.

Overall I'd say Nihl wins by virtue of being more well rounded and being unopposed when rising to the rank of Dark Lord.

Galan007
^ Nihl also has FL in his bag of tricks.

Anyway...
Nihl
Bulq
Nihl

Intrepid37
Sora's lightsaber mastery is on another level, IMO. He'd take Nihl in a good fight.

Q99
Eh, Quinlan Vos was able to beat him, and Tholme managed to hold out for some time as well, and Tholme's a spy type. Sora Bulq is a very good duelist to be sure, but a solid duelist can hold out for some time.

carthage
A solid duelist with better force abilities. Nihil could likely take this albeit with extreme difficulty, and only 5.5/6/10.

Intrepid37
Originally posted by carthage
A solid duelist with better force abilities. Nihil could likely take this albeit with extreme difficulty, and only 5.5/6/10.
Almost all duels are decided in a lightsaber fight, not in a Force fight.

Q99
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Almost all duels are decided in a lightsaber fight, not in a Force fight.

Plenty are influenced heavily or decided by the force.

Palpatine vs Yoda. The Maul brothers vs Palpatine. Nomi Sunrider vs Ulic Qel Doma. Cade Skywalker vs Darth Talon in several of their fights. Krayt vs Cade in War. Wyyrlok vs Krayt. Andeddu vs Wyyrlok. Obi-Wan Kenobi vs A'Sharad Hett. Ventress and Savage vs Dooku.

Nihl himself killed Kol Skywalker with lightning.

Emperordmb
Nihl is one of the few One Sith I actually respect.

Q99
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Nihl is one of the few One Sith I actually respect.

Curious, what's your list?

Revanite2001
I think Nihl would win even a saber duel.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Q99
Curious, what's your list?
I respect Krayt for his power and badassery, and I respect Nihl and Wyyrlok for their ambition

The rest of the One Sith disgust me as Sith.

Q99
Personally I respect Maladi for her planning. And I do like some of the ones that aren't independently ambitious, like Saarai and Talon.

Oh hey, have you read Legacy 2? Darth Wredd's rather ambitious indeed.

Emperordmb
Talon would kill herself at Krayt's word, and I find that disgusting for a Sith.

S_W_LeGenD
Yes, legacy Sith don't impress me either. Only Krayt and Wyyrlok 3 are decent IMO. The rest are...

Lord Stark
I'd say Bulq in Sabers, Nihl in the force, and Bulq in all out. Bulq's only loss was when Vos caught him off guard and against Master Windu. And even then he was able to tag Windu with a Force Push.

Galan007
Originally posted by Lord Stark
I'd say Bulq in Sabers, Nihl in the force, and Bulq in all out. Bulq's only loss was when Vos caught him off guard and against Master Windu. And even then he was able to tag Windu with a Force Push. Not that it's a low showing, but Dooku trounced Bulq(+Tholme) as well.

...Although that was before he had fully embraced Vaapad.

WildBantha88
Nihl should take this

Q99
Talon would kill herself at Krayt's word, and I find that disgusting for a Sith.

I think even she would argue at that one. Sith Troopers would, but Talon's just really loyal.

And I'll point out how for a long time, Maul was super-loyal too.

It's not normal sith, but I still like 'em.

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Yes, legacy Sith don't impress me either. Only Krayt and Wyyrlok 3 are decent IMO. The rest are...

Plenty are reasonably strong by normal standards (equivalent to Jedi council members and other Jedi Master badasses, and not just inner circle members), but those are the two who're the proverbial two Dark Lords of the Sith in the rule-of-two sense.

Emperordmb
Maul was willing to kill his master when the chips were down, Talon would've killed herself at Krayt's whim. Such loyalty to a person is disgusting for a Sith.

Q99
Eh, Maul had to go through a ton to get to that point, while Talon's younger and was never sorely tested. She was reward for loyalty.

Emperordmb
Maul may have been loyal to Sidious at first, but loyal to the point of suicide no.

No matter how you try to put it, loyalty to the point of suicide is just a downright disgusting trait for a Sith to possess.

Q99
She never actually did anything suicidal... that was just the Sith troopers.

And there's been many forms of sith throughout the years.

Emperordmb
She said herself that she would cut out her own heart at his word.

I don't care how many forms of Sith there have been. Name three others that would consider absolute devotion to one person to be an exemplary Sith trait.

Q99
The children of Vitiate. Twas the entire point of that project.

In the Dyarchy during the New Sith Wars, everyone was a mere extension of the leader's will, in an even more direct manner.

Talon was a sith weapon, and a good one.

Emperordmb
Yeah but the children of Vitiate aren't really true Sith. They're basically his mindslaves.

I would argue the Dyarchy is ****ed up then as well.

Any Sith who would kill themselves of their own free will because their master asks them to is an insult to the dark side.

Intrepid37
Maul may have been loyal to Sidious at first, but loyal to the point of suicide no.
Actually, yes he was.

Q99

Any Sith who would kill themselves of their own free will because their master asks them to is an insult to the dark side.

The Darkside is more than just Sith.

And having someone be both an extension of your will and skilled is something lots of sith aim for.

S_W_LeGenD
Yeah but the children of Vitiate aren't really true Sith. They're basically his mindslaves.

I would argue the Dyarchy is ****ed up then as well.

thumb up

I get the loyalty factor but a Sith without ambition does not deserves to be a DARTH at least.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Galan007
Not that it's a low showing, but Dooku trounced Bulq(+Tholme) as well.

...Although that was before he had fully embraced Vaapad.

True, but Nihl would get trounced with backup against Dooku as well.

Galan007
Oh yes. Utterly and completely.

Lord Stark
Hmmm maybe Darth Krayt's Hands vs. Dooku? (Lol jk Dooku stomps.)

Galan007
You mentioned Krayt? Great. Now Q99 will rush in to defend him via ninja-posts. sly

Intrepid37
I really don't think Dooku would trounce Sora in a rematch, but that's just me.

Lord Stark
Really? Why? I don't consider Sora above Kenobi and Kenobi makes getting trounced by Dooku a hobby.

Intrepid37
Really? Why? I don't consider Sora above Kenobi and Kenobi makes getting trounced by Dooku a hobby.
Sora did very well against Mace. In a lightsaber duel, he could press Dooku, but the Count is a vastly more powerful Force wielder.

Q99
Hmmm maybe Darth Krayt's Hands vs. Dooku? (Lol jk Dooku stomps.)

Let's see... if it was all three hands together it'd be a fairly good fight.

If it was the two stronger hands, they'd clash for a bit, Dooku'd take one down, then Dooku'd win, very solidly, I agree.

The worst scenario would be Stryfe and Talon (the Hand configuration at one time) vs Dooku. That would not be pretty for everyone who's not Dooku ^^

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Sora did very well against Mace. In a lightsaber duel, he could press Dooku, but the Count is a vastly more powerful Force wielder.

I wouldn't really say he did very well. He just didn't get annihilated instantly. But I wouldn't say Bulq did any better in raw sabers against Mace than say Grievous did. The Count on the otherhand trounces Grievous all day long.

+ Bulq and Mace worked very close together to create Vaapad, it wouldn't be a stretch that they know each other's moves really well. And we've seen how much of an advantage that gave Kenobi even when Anakin was the vastly superior swordsman.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
thumb up

I get the loyalty factor but a Sith without ambition does not deserves to be a DARTH at least.
this

Q99
Ones with ambition include Nihl, Wyyrlok, and Maladi (specially when she made a deal with Nihl to counter Wyyrlok).

Some of the lesser ones did too, but more in the sense of trying to get to higher position within the OS.

Emperordmb
And that's precisely why I respect Nihl and Wyyrlok, but not Talon.

Intrepid37
I wouldn't really say he did very well. He just didn't get annihilated instantly. But I wouldn't say Bulq did any better in raw sabers against Mace than say Grievous did. The Count on the otherhand trounces Grievous all day long.

Mace never had an edge through sheer lightsaber prowess, though. Sora blocked all of Mace's strikes in a fairly long duel, which is quite impressive, considering Mace's status as a prodigious duelist. As for Grievous, the only time he ever pressed Mace was in Labyrinth of Evil, wherein the Count admits that the cyborg had made him work for it in previous sparring sessions.

+ Bulq and Mace worked very close together to create Vaapad, it wouldn't be a stretch that they know each other's moves really well. And we've seen how much of an advantage that gave Kenobi even when Anakin was the vastly superior swordsman.
I'm not really sure of that. Anakin and Kenobi had been sparring for a literal thousand hours whereas such an intimate relationship between Mace and Sora never was revealed. More than that, both Mace and Sora are masters of multiple forms (Sora actually mastered them all), so they were definitely capable of switching it up.

Q99
Sure, but Mace especially says he made Vaapad to cover his weaknesses, so without Vaapad I don't think he's quite at the level as he is with, and Sora knows how to defend against Vaapad better than, well, anyone else.

Intrepid37
Originally posted by Q99
Sure, but Mace especially says he made Vaapad to cover his weaknesses, so without Vaapad I don't think he's quite at the level as he is with, and Sora knows how to defend against Vaapad better than, well, anyone else.
The weakness that Mace referred to was the darkness within him, which is why he created Vaapad; to turn his darkness into light. He's not talking about physical weaknesses.

Q99
Still, Vaapad is the style he's best and most focused on. Someone's always going to be a bit weaker out of their main, aside from the very rare case of someone who truly specializes in none (which is... Sidious, and... I'm having trouble thinking of others!).

NewGuy01
I highly doubt Palpatine is a generalist, he seems to always use heavy Ataru elements in his fights, though I'm positive he uses a hybrid form as Niman and Juyo elements are also present in his technique.

Revan, and Even Piell specialize in none.

Emperordmb
I always saw Niman and Juyo as being the most prominent in his fighting style.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Revan, and Even Piell specialize in none.
According to Drew, Revan is primarily Niman.

Nephthys
I believe he also said Revan was a master of all of them however. To Legend iirc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.