Hero of Tython vs. Darth Krayt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

Nephthys
Probably Krayt. Dark Transfer is OP.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'll agree that Dark Transfer is Krayt's all powerful edge, but i'll give it to the hero just cuz.

Emperordmb
I'll go with Krayt on this one. He has dark transfer, and is skilled and fast with a lightsaber.

DarthAnt66
Hero is a superior in lightsaber combat, Krayt is in Force.
Hero is the more powerful out of all, Krayt would win the fight via DT.

S_W_LeGenD
Where is the evidence that DT is instakill?

DT represents merger of shatterpoint with healing properties; this combination makes it possible for the power to be used offensively. With this power, it is possible to reopen fresh wounds in an opponent to undermine him/her but it isn't an instakill.

Unless we are assuming a badly wounded HoT, I don't see how he would loose to Krayt.

Intrepid37
Hero absolutely stomps, IMHO.

Nephthys
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Where is the evidence that DT is instakill?

DT represents merger of shatterpoint with healing properties; this combination makes it possible for the power to be used offensively. With this power, it is possible to reopen fresh wounds in an opponent to undermine him/her but it isn't an instakill.

Unless we are assuming a badly wounded HoT, I don't see how he would loose to Krayt.

Krayt used it to kill Cade pretty much instantly. Cade wasn't injured at the time.

psmith81992
Are you sure Krayt used it on Cade? HE said he was going to but it seemed like he showed him a glimpse of the future, nothing more.

Nephthys
Didn't he also say that death showed him stuff? He was making Cade experience the same thing he did. So naturally Cade saw something.

psmith81992
A vision

Nephthys
When he died. Krayt used Dark Transfer on him. Why would it show him a vission instead of killing him?

psmith81992
Because he didn't die.

Nephthys
Did too.

Lord Stark
Hero of Tython, is there any proof that Krayt can use essence transfer aside from his claims?

Unbowed
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Hero of Tython, is there any proof that Krayt can use essence transfer aside from his claims?
How is that relevant here?

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys
Probably Krayt. Dark Transfer is OP.

Hmm, not really. It still requires him to get a hand on HoT. TBH, Krayt is probably better off just using two lightsabers.

Nephthys
There aren't many I would say are so above Krayt that he couldn't get a hand on them. He would work for it, but I think he could do so.

Lord Stark
Didn't it not even work on Cade?

ares834
Nah, it worked. He wasn't trying to kill Cade, just almost kill him.

Lord Stark
And yet Krayt died and Cade lived to fight another day. If its a battle of wills HoT dominates because Orgus Din will just come in and say 'Don't let fear dictate your actions' just like Luke did.

ares834
It's not a battle of wills though. Dark Transfer kills (or can heal) you, that's it. It has nothing to do with dominating minds.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by ares834
It's not a battle of wills though. Dark Transfer kills (or can heal) you, that's it. It has nothing to do with dominating minds.

Then how did Cade survive?

ares834
Huh, like I said already, Krayt wasn't trying to kill Cade. Krayt brought Cade to the edge of death and then healed him.

Lord Stark
Huh, like I said already, Krayt wasn't trying to kill Cade. Krayt brought Cade to the edge of death and then healed him.

What? Why?

ares834
When Cade was near death he had some visions of himself as a Sith. Apparently, Kryat that inducing these visions in Cade and making Cade get that close to death would turn Cade to the dark side and make Cade his apprentice.

Unbowed
I was under the impression that Krayt killed Cade and resurrected him. Doesn't he state that he experienced death and rebirth and it made him better, so the Galaxy(and Cade) would go through the same thing?

ares834
Perhaps. Although, I've always thought Krayt was fairly hyperbolic in his claims. Especially since his thoughts at the beginning of War #1 makes it seem he never actually died.

chilled monkey
Then how did Cade survive?

What? Why?

Did you actually read the comics?

Krayt flat-out says that he wanted Cade to experience death and rebirth as Krayt himself did so that he would understand his place in the galaxy and become Krayt's apprentice.

As it turned out the plan backfired completely as Cade did indeed understand who he was and his place in the galaxy. He knew that he was a Jedi.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Did you actually read the comics?

Krayt flat-out says that he wanted Cade to experience death and rebirth as Krayt himself did so that he would understand his place in the galaxy and become Krayt's apprentice.

As it turned out the plan backfired completely as Cade did indeed understand who he was and his place in the galaxy. He knew that he was a Jedi.

No that's why I am asking, genius.

Seems like BS to me tbh, there's questionable intel on Krayt even dying in the first place. Also why wouldn't Sidious use this on his opponents if this were a thing.

Unbowed

Seems like BS to me tbh, there's questionable intel on Krayt even dying in the first place. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Also why wouldn't Sidious use this on his opponents if this were a thing.
... because Sidious is unable to resurrect anyone?

Emperordmb
The power wasn't invented until after his death IIRC

The Merchant
Krayt.

Lord Stark

Nephthys
Not really the same thing imo.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
Not really the same thing imo.

No, perhaps not. Either way I think the HoT can defeat Krayt.

psmith81992
Look at the comics again. He did not kill Cade. It was an illusion.

chilled monkey
No that's why I am asking, genius.

Why not? Legacy is really cool. Not as great as Fate of the Jedi but still very good

Also saying stuff like this:

And yet Krayt died and Cade lived to fight another day. If its a battle of wills HoT dominates

Basically acting like you know better than people who HAVE read the comics. That's how it reads anyway.

That's pretty arrogant seeing as you don't actually have a clue what you're talking about.

Seems like BS to me tbh, there's questionable intel on Krayt even dying in the first place.

So what? Even if he didn't actually die he was close enough.

Also why wouldn't Sidious use this on his opponents if this were a thing.

Gee, maybe because he couldn't seeing as he didn't have that power.

Yes I have read "Darksaber" (one of the first Star Wars novels I ever read. It's pretty good). Nephthys is right. What Palpatine did to revive Lemelisk is a similar but different thing.

chilled monkey
Sorry, didn't mean to double post.

Q99

Seems like BS to me tbh, there's questionable intel on Krayt even dying in the first place.

Krayt had a lightsaber shoved in the base of his neck, was hit by his own force lightning combined with that of an ancient sith, thrown off a cliff, then coup de grace'd with more lightning to finish him off.

No life signs could be detected, not even through the force, and his body was put into stasis to hide that fact.

You don't get much more dead.

Originally posted by psmith81992
Look at the comics again. He did not kill Cade. It was an illusion.

He specifically did, and gave Cade a vision in the process.

"Death is the only way you can understand my vision," is something Krayt tells Cade while doing so.

ares834
Originally posted by Q99
Krayt had a lightsaber shoved in the base of his neck, was hit by his own force lightning combined with that of an ancient sith, thrown off a cliff, then coup de grace'd with more lightning to finish him off.

No life signs could be detected, not even through the force, and his body was put into stasis to hide that fact.

You don't get much more dead.

Krayt claims differently.

Here Krayt says he did not die at all.

Q99
He still had life force, but his biological functions had ceased (I mean, seriously, those wounds weren't just fatal, but disgustingly fatal, unless he's even tougher than *I* think!).

Considering Essence Transfer was a prerequisite of his resurrection, it was, as I figure it, basically him using that to keep his spirit grabbed onto his dead body and use it's power to heal it to the point of life again.

And there's also the matter when he died again, saber through the heart this time, very very fatal, Cade could sense he would revive unless his body was destroyed.

ares834
Originally posted by Q99
He still had life force, but his biological functions had ceased (I mean, seriously, those wounds weren't just fatal, but disgustingly fatal, unless he's even tougher than *I* think!).

Sith have survived worse.

Originally posted by Q99
Considering Essence Transfer was a prerequisite of his resurrection

Where is this said?

Originally posted by Q99
And there's also the matter when he died again, saber through the heart this time, very very fatal, Cade could sense he would revive unless his body was destroyed.

Or so he thought. In fact, it's brought up that it may all be in his head.

Q99
Sith have survived worse.

Not without major cybernetics or body hoping.

And there's also the matter of him constantly talking about how he died and was reborn.

Like, constantly.

That it's a prerequisite is just my figuring, but he talks about learning essence transfer from Andeddu and Muur when Cade's flying his body to the sun.

(The fact that his spirit's talking while clinging on to his dead body at the time indicates likelyhood too)

Eh, could be paranoia, but the guy knows the techniques to do it, came back from the dead once, and then once the body goes away so does the mental clawing.

There is the matter that, how would Cade even know about Krayt studying Andeddu's knowledge in addition to Muur's?

I think Luke's ghost is just saying that to get him to let go. Luke was saying he may just be in Cade's head too, but he's provided info that Cade had no way of knowing before, so it seems more likely he's a real force ghost and so is Krayt.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Q99

And there's also the matter of him constantly talking about how he died and was reborn.

Simus and Darths Sion and Maul would have a word with you.

psmith81992
At what point does he kill him? lol

ares834
Originally posted by Q99

Like, constantly.

And like I said, it seems hyperbolic. When he actually straight up says what he did, it seems pretty clear he did not die.

Revanite2001
Well the Hero defeated Sith Emperor, WHO I think is better than Krayt so yeah.

Emperordmb
The Hero defeated the Emperor's voice

Nephthys
Its irrelevent since the Voice is identical to the Emperor. Also check my profile. You'll find some proof at the bottom suggesting it was the real Emperor's body.

Emperordmb
1. the Emperor was a Sith Pureblood, not a human
2. the Hands tell the Wrath that it was only a voice

Nephthys
1. Theres no proof the being the HoT fought was human. Karpyshan says that he's been corrupted beyond his species. Which btw, is consistent since in the game a heavily dark side corrupted Pureblood has their skin turn chalk white. After centuries of corruption, its entirely possible for Vitiate to resemble what we see in game.

2. The Hands have good reason to be lying.

Emperordmb
1. I highly doubt he'd look more human than sith
2. Why would the Hands be lying? If they were trying to seize control of the empire then they would've done more. The developers wouldn't deceive us to work in the "henchmen who are pretending to be the master storyline." Keeping Vitiate alive so they can milk more money out of him is right up their alley though.

Petrus
HoT beats Krayt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.