Victor "The Vampire" Von Doom in a contest of wills vs...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
In this senario, Doom gets bitten by a vampire and thus acquires all the normal powers and abilities of a vampire...

The ability of which I'd like to highlight is the mesmerizing gaze ability inherent to vampirism...

With this ability the vampire engages in a battle of wills against its victim as it attempts to overwhelm him/her with its own personal willpower...

Given the fact that Doom possesses TREMENDOUS strength of will, the mesmerizing gaze ability he's acquired becomes an extremely potent and dangerous part of his arsenal...

In the following gauntlet, Doom utilizes mesmerizing gaze against the following foes in an attempt to dominate them; no other powers, abilities, or methods of combat are allowed in this senario...

This is a simply a contest of wills between Vampire Doom and his victims...how far does Victor "The Vampire" Von Doom get?

1) Kingpin...
2) Spiderman...
3) Deathstroke...
4) Gamora...
5) Magneto...
6) Morg...
7) Wonder Woman...
8) Hal Jordan...
9) Thanos...

Branlor Swift
I hate to be the Debbie Downer here, but Doom can't even get turned into a vampire considering his defenses.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
I hate to be the Debbie Downer here, but Doom can't even get turned into a vampire considering his defenses.

Hypothetically he can...he's human...he can be bittten.

The thread assumes the highly improbable has occured...

So, under these conditions, how far would Vamp Doom get?

Branlor Swift
So, Doom is completely nude when he gets bitten... and sleeping I'm imagining?

TheLordofMurder
So, Doom is completely nude when he gets bitten... and sleeping I'm imagining?

LoL...

Ok...evidently you're in the mood to troll, so troll away...I wont stop you.

Branlor Swift
Well, you're basically making random threads with no precedence of actually being possible to happen. You might as well make a "Galactus is a vampire" thread.

Doom has the splinters of the true cross in his armor as well as other defenses. Doom can't become a vampire, simple really.

Not to mention the whole thread is basically a "Who has higher willpower", which could be accomplished with asking the actual question. Not a VAMPIRE GAZE COULD POSSIBLY DEFEAT THANOS BECAUSE IT CAME FROM DOOM thread.

TheLordofMurder
Well, you're basically making random threads with no precedence of actually being possible to happen. You might as well make a "Galactus is a vampire" thread.

Doom has the splinters of the true cross in his armor as well as other defenses. Doom can't become a vampire, simple really.

Not to mention the whole thread is basically a "Who has higher willpower", which could be accomplished with asking the actual question. Not a VAMPIRE GAZE COULD POSSIBLY DEFEAT THANOS BECAUSE IT CAME FROM DOOM thread.

The premise of the thread is very possible and has already happened in a What If; in an alt reality, Marvel Earth has been overrun by vampires...

And so what if the willpower aspect could have been put a different way, I choose this way...

Plain and simple...

Now, are you tired trolling me yet?

TheLordofMurder
@Branlor Swift

Now are you actually going to attempt to answer the OP or are you going to nitpick and troll me?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
The premise of the thread is very possible and has already happened in a What If; in an alt reality, Marvel Earth has been overrun by vampires...

And so what if the willpower aspect could have been put a different way, I choose this way...

Plain and simple...

Now, are you tired trolling me yet? With a character it has no chance of happening to. But I don't think a guy who gets up in arms everytime someone thinks someone else can pass his thread should be talking about his threads being "trolled"

You might as well have just made the thread a "Doom is a Mexican, how high is his willpower" thread.

Anyway, no vampire power is ever beating Morg regardless of where it came from. Same with Thanos. I don't think Wonder Woman either...

His actual willpower without weak vampire powers would carry him to at least Hal though.

TheLordofMurder
With a character it has no chance of happening too.

You might as well have just made the thread a "Doom is a Mexican, how high is his willpower" thread.

Anyway, no vampire power is ever beating Morg regardless of where it came from. Same with Thanos. I don't think Wonder Woman either...

His actual willpower without weak vampire powers would carry him to at least Hal though.

So you pick Hal; thanks for playing...

Dont forget to vote! smile

Sin I AM
Lol bran is right Lom. Vampire abilities really don't bring anything to the table. And if u thought about it they actually weaken doom. Plus your list out of order. Anyway stops at Parker.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Lol bran is right Lom. Vampire abilities really don't bring anything to the table. And if u thought about it they actually weaken doom. Plus your list out of order. Anyway stops at Parker.

Wrong...

Vampire abilities would add alot to Doom...

Normal Doom couldnt overwhelm you with his willpower by looking at you, gritting his teeth, and screaming "I AM DOOM!!!" No matter how long he does it for...

But with the powers of a vampire, he actually can actively utilize his willpower against yours...

Clearly you didnt think before posting I see...

TheLordofMurder
@Sin I AM

Are you actually stating that Spider Man has greater strength of will than Doom??

Sin I AM
Yea in Dooms current weakened vampire state Parker would own him

zopzop
In this senario, Doom gets bitten by a vampire and thus acquires all the normal powers and abilities of a vampire...

The ability of which I'd like to highlight is the mesmerizing gaze ability inherent to vampirism...

With this ability the vampire engages in a battle of wills against its victim as it attempts to overwhelm him/her with its own personal willpower...

Given the fact that Doom possesses TREMENDOUS strength of will, the mesmerizing gaze ability he's acquired becomes an extremely potent and dangerous part of his arsenal...

In the following gauntlet, Doom utilizes mesmerizing gaze against the following foes in an attempt to dominate them; no other powers, abilities, or methods of combat are allowed in this senario...

This is a simply a contest of wills between Vampire Doom and his victims...how far does Victor "The Vampire" Von Doom get?

1) Kingpin...
2) Spiderman...
3) Deathstroke...
4) Gamora...
5) Magneto...
6) Morg...
7) Wonder Woman...
8) Hal Jordan...
9) Thanos...

Stops at either 7 or 8. Diana has ridiculous mental defenses. Trying to overpower her will with his hypnotic gaze is gonna be tricky. Even if he succeeds, he's stopping at Hal.

Hal has done some truly ridiculous "will power" based things.

Epicurus
You might as well make a "Galactus is a vampire" thread.
I wouldn't put it past him. He made an Odin amped on Venom and supersoldier serum thread after all.

After adamantium katannas and Bane's venom-roid, this is just his latest obsession.

TheLordofMurder
Yea in Dooms current weakened vampire state Parker would own him

I think you need to take a little bit more time weighing vampiric strengths vs vampiric weaknesses before posting again on this topic... smile

I am fully willing and able to wage an argument with you as pertains wether your statement that vampirism weakens Doom is true or not... wink

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Stops at either 7 or 8. Diana has ridiculous mental defenses. Trying to overpower her will with his hypnotic gaze is gonna be tricky. Even if he succeeds, he's stopping at Hal.

Hal has done some truly ridiculous "will power" based things.

Atlast!

Someone who actually thought about the situation logically and didnt post using a purely emotional based response... thumb up

This seems very reasonable btw... thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Epicurus
I wouldn't put it past him. He made an Odin amped on Venom and supersoldier serum thread after all.

After adamantium katannas and Bane's venom-roid, this is just his latest obsession.

It is a bit of an obsession as I took some time thinking about vampirism and realized how truly devastating it could potentially be...

For combat purposes (against foes who cannot readily exploit vampiric weaknesses; and most cant readily do so) the character possessing this "curse" combat effectiveness increases atleast a full tier (High Meta to Low Herald for example)...

And it some cases I'd argue that the increase in combat effectiveness is greater than that...

The Thing is a High Meta, but amp his strength 15 fold, add to his durability, give him a willpower based ability that can dominate his victims, give him mist form, and the ability to summon creatures of the night and where does Ben tier then? Against a foe who cant readily exploit his vampiric weaknesses it would be atleast a full tier and maybe more...

Vampirism is potentially very uber...

Sin I AM
I think you need to take a little bit more time weighing vampiric strengths vs vampiric weaknesses before posting again on this topic... smile

I am fully willing and able to wage an argument with you as pertains wether your statement that vampirism weakens Doom is true or not... wink

Seriously your trolling your own thread. Vampiric abilities are weak sauce. The boost that Doom might receive is superficial at best and wouldn't be worth becoming weakened by sunlight, holy relics, silver etc. U make it seem as though its an upgrade when it's not. And he'd lose hard to Parker in his current state as Parker has a shitload of willpower feats.

Badabing
Guys, it's a hypothetical thread with Doom + vampire powers. Please either reply to the topic or not post at all.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Badabing
Guys, it's a hypothetical thread with Doom + vampire powers. Please either reply to the topic or not post at all.

thumb up

Insane Titan
Thanos shit stomps him

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Thanos shit stomps him

So are you saying that Vampire Doom gets all the way to Thanos?

smile

pym-ftw
Stops @ 8 I guess, many vampires lose a lot of constitution though

TheLordofMurder
Dont forget to vote peeps! smile

Insane Titan
So are you saying that Vampire Doom gets all the way to Thanos?

smile no, Thanos destroys him regardless though

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Insane Titan
no, Thanos destroys him regardless though

So you have decided to troll me as well...

LoL!! laughing out loud

TheLordofMurder
@Insane Titan

So how far does Vamp Doom get in this thread?

Decimus
I know this i not a battle of wills but Doom makes it to 9 if it's a battle of wills then it's 50/50 too many mind bending feats for both of them to have a clear cut winner.

TheLordofMurder
It is a bit of an obsession as I took some time thinking about vampirism and realized how truly devastating it could potentially be...

For combat purposes (against foes who cannot readily exploit vampiric weaknesses; and most cant readily do so) the character possessing this "curse" combat effectiveness increases atleast a full tier (High Meta to Low Herald for example)...

And it some cases I'd argue that the increase in combat effectiveness is greater than that...

The Thing is a High Meta, but amp his strength 15 fold, add to his durability, give him a willpower based ability that can dominate his victims, give him mist form, and the ability to summon creatures of the night and where does Ben tier then? Against a foe who cant readily exploit his vampiric weaknesses it would be atleast a full tier and maybe more...

Vampirism is potentially very uber...

Food for thought for you Sin I AM...

Happy Dance

dynamix
Originally posted by Badabing

thats what i'm saying. LOL@"it's impossible" lol. because many things are possible in terms of hypothetical...

but onto the topic, i think he can easily make it to Thanos and very likely stop there.

TheLordofMurder
Seriously your trolling your own thread. Vampiric abilities are weak sauce. The boost that Doom might receive is superficial at best and wouldn't be worth becoming weakened by sunlight, holy relics, silver etc. U make it seem as though its an upgrade when it's not. And he'd lose hard to Parker in his current state as Parker has a shitload of willpower feats.

Parkers willpower based feats are weaksauce compared to Dooms...

Doom held Death at bay and overwhelmed Classic Beyonder with his indominable will...

Parker cant touch that; Vampire Doom overwhelms him in this contest...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by dynamix
thats what i'm saying. LOL@"it's impossible" lol. because many things are possible in terms of hypothetical...

but onto the topic, i think he can easily make it to Thanos and very likely stop there.

Sounds reasonable...

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.