Superman vs Thor vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Rate them in durability on a scale of 100.

1. Blunt Force
2. Energy Attacks
3. Cutting Attacks.

No lowballing please. Preboot Superman.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I guess it's that time of the year again.

I'm assuming this is overall durability/damage soak, not who's harder to draw blood from in each category except cutting.

1. Blunt Force - Surfer (85-95). Superman (100). Thor (95-100).
2. Energy Attacks - I think they're all pretty much equal in this category and are basically crazy tough to put down through blasting so give each 100 I guess.
3. Cutting Attacks - Surfer (100). Superman (95-100). Thor (85-95. Except bullets and shit.).

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

I'm assuming this is overall durability/damage soak, not who's harder to draw blood from in each category except cutting.

2. Energy Attacks - I think they're all pretty much equal in this category and are basically crazy tough to put down through blasting so give each 100 I guess.
3. Cutting Attacks - Surfer (100). Superman (95-100). Thor (85-95. Except bullets and shit.).
The forum is slow as shit for at least a week now. So why not?

Although I don't think Thor should be that high. He's not an equal of Superman or Surfer in durability even on his best days.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
The forum is slow as shit for at least a week now. So why not?

Although I don't think Thor should be that high. He's not an equal of Superman or Surfer in durability even on his best days.

Even on his best days? I think on his best days, Thor's treated as pretty much as invulnerable as they come in regards to blunt force/durability and is right up there with the two. He even has his good days against cutting attacks.

On average, he's definitely easier to hurt/bleed (Less so for Superman over the years though, even for Pre-Flashpoint) but like I said, I was considering overall damage soak/endurance as well. The exception being energy though where Thor's resistance which has always been right up there.

pym-ftw
I can't imagine this ending well.

Blunt Energy Cutting

Superman 100 90 100
Surfer 80 100 95
Thor 100 100 75

psycho gundam

3. Cutting Attacks - Surfer (100). Superman (95-100). Thor (85-95. Except bullets and shit.). Why activate Abhil's trap card? This trail of bread crumbs leads to a bear trap but it also has smaller bear traps under each crumb

abhilegend
Even on his best days? I think on his best days, Thor's treated as pretty much as invulnerable as they come in regards to blunt force/durability and is right up there with the two. He even has his good days against cutting attacks.

On average, he's definitely easier to hurt/bleed (Less so for Superman over the years though, even for Pre-Flashpoint) but like I said, I was considering overall damage soak/endurance as well. The exception being energy though where Thor's resistance which has always been right up there.
And on their best days, Superman/Surfer are pretty much unstoppable and just below the likes of classic Juggernaut. I didn't say that he isn't a peer of Superman/Surfer, I said he isn't an equal like you think he is.Originally posted by pym-ftw
I can't imagine this ending well.

Blunt Energy Cutting

Superman 100 90 100
Surfer 80 100 95
Thor 100 100 75
Thor=Surfer>Superman in energy resistance? You gotta be kidding me.Originally posted by psycho gundam
Why activate Abhil's trap card? This trail of bread crumbs leads to a bear trap but it also has smaller bear traps under each crumb
laughing out loud

If you have nothing productive to say why bother posting at all?

Supermex
Fu::k breaking this down into 3 categorys and just do overall most powerful! !

1.Sliver Surfer
2.Thor/Superman ←← tied
3. Empty

JuggernautMania

1. Blunt Force
2. Energy Attacks
3. Cutting Attacks.

Blunt force : Superman 95
Sufer: 85
Thor 100

i will explain. in all the fights i have seen thor even when trading blows with someone who is 4 times stronger than him like kurse, didnt go down and kept fighting and fighting. even his blow trade vs tutinax didnt end he just doesnt go down to blunt force like that. superman on the other hand went knocked out many times from guys who are kinda equal to him. most of the times superman is able to endure a slug fest the way thor does only when he is mad, when on average he goes down many times unlike thor. in a slug fest thor has the better durability IMO.

Energy: Superman 100
Thor: 90
Surfer: 100

now in energy its a different story. i see thor many times being hurt by energy attacks badly, superman on the other hand takes incredible energy attacks even when he is weaken to peak points. no need to talk about surfer and his energy resistance.

Cutting: Superman 80
Thor 80
Surfer??

Superman and thor been cut many times , call it PIS or what ever they always cut and bleed i dont give them too much of durability as far as cutting its a toss up to me. surfer i dont know i dont remember how well he deals with cutting so i wont say anything.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JuggernautMania
Blunt force : Superman 95
Sufer: 85
Thor 100

i will explain. in all the fights i have seen thor even when trading blows with someone who is 4 times stronger than him like kurse, didnt go down and kept fighting and fighting. even his blow trade vs tutinax didnt end he just doesnt go down to blunt force like that. superman on the other hand went knocked out many times from guys who are kinda equal to him. most of the times superman is able to endure a slug fest the way thor does only when he is mad, when on average he goes down many times unlike thor. in a slug fest thor has the better durability IMO.

Energy: Superman 100
Thor: 90
Surfer: 100

now in energy its a different story. i see thor many times being hurt by energy attacks badly, superman on the other hand takes incredible energy attacks even when he is weaken to peak points. no need to talk about surfer and his energy resistance.

Cutting: Superman 80
Thor 80
Surfer??

Superman and thor been cut many times , call it PIS or what ever they always cut and bleed i dont give them too much of durability as far as cutting its a toss up to me. surfer i dont know i dont remember how well he deals with cutting so i wont say anything.
That's a faulty comparison to say in the least. Thor has been knocked out by equals or even being less strong than him plenty of times. Superman has taken hits from being several times stronger than him without getting knocked out like Doomsday, Synnar and Anti-Monitor.

Stoic
One thing that was left out is magical resistances.

Insane Titan
Bait thread lol

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
One thing that was left out is magical resistances.
You can rate that too if you like.Originally posted by Insane Titan
Bait thread lol
Didn't Bada warn you about making bait threads?

srug

Stoic
Ok so let me give my opinion without being biased.

I'd prefer to use a Captain America's Shield at it's best, as the yard stick here. Its armor rating will be 100 in all categories. My rating in my imaginings will have them all trying their best (under optimal conditions), which includes them tapping into their personal power to resist forces, aimed at testing their limits, before they are severely hurt.

Blunt Force Resistance
Silver Surfer - 70
Superman - 75
Thor - 70

Energy Resistance
Silver Surfer - 80
Superman - 75 -80
Thor - 75

Cutting Resistance
Silver Surfer - 75
Superman - 80
Thor - 65

Magical Resistance
Silver Surfer - 30
Superman - 30
Thor - 75

Molecular Resistance
Silver Surfer - 85
Superman - 70
Thor - 70

Ballistic Resistance
Silver Surfer - 70
Superman - 80
Thor - 65

carver9
Blunt

Surfer 95
Superman 90
Thor 100

Piercing

Superman 100
Surfer 100
Thor 75

Energy attacks

Thor 100
Superman 90
Surfer 95

DarkSaint85
Interesting how Surfer's energy resistance (considering he's meant to, well, be able to manipulate energies etc) is considered to be lower than Superman's.

I'm looking at you two, Stoic and Carver. NOT saying you're wrong, at all, but its just interesting, that's all.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Interesting how Surfer's energy resistance (considering he's meant to, well, be able to manipulate energies etc) is considered to be lower than Superman's.

I'm looking at you two, Stoic and Carver. NOT saying you're wrong, at all, but its just interesting, that's all.

I gave the Surfer better energy resistance than Superman. Read what I wrote carefully concerning all of them, and how they would also use everything at their disposal to negate the effects of any given barrage, which does not include external devices such as cosmic manifestations (surf board) or mystical devices (Mjolnir) to aid them.

DarkSaint85
Guess I should've added 'considered to be lower/equal'

Supermex

I agree

Stoic
Guess I should've added 'considered to be lower/equal'

Superman also has the ability to soak up certain types of energy, and depending on the writer, he has been written to be able to erect a force field of sorts. But hey why don't you give it a shot?

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Blunt

Surfer 95
Superman 90
Thor 100

Piercing

Superman 100
Surfer 100
Thor 75

Energy attacks

Thor 100
Superman 90
Surfer 95 Thor above both Surfer and Superman in blunt force and energy attacks durability?

laughing out loud

Branlor Swift
I think the moral of the thread is that Thor and Silver Surfer suck.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Nope. Thanks for your contributions though.

carver9

thumb up

@ABHI. I gave all of them what I think they deserve. I guess you want me to say...

Blunt

Superman 100
Surfer 50
Thor 40

Energy

Superman 100
Surfer 50
Thor 40

Piercing

Superman 100
Surfer 50
Thor 40

Is that better?

abhilegend
Ok so let me give my opinion without being biased.

I'd prefer to use a Captain America's Shield at it's best, as the yard stick here. Its armor rating will be 100 in all categories. My rating in my imaginings will have them all trying their best (under optimal conditions), which includes them tapping into their personal power to resist forces, aimed at testing their limits, before they are severely hurt.

Blunt Force Resistance
Silver Surfer - 70
Superman - 75
Thor - 70

Energy Resistance
Silver Surfer - 80
Superman - 75 -80
Thor - 75

Cutting Resistance
Silver Surfer - 75
Superman - 80
Thor - 65

Magical Resistance
Silver Surfer - 30
Superman - 30
Thor - 75

Molecular Resistance
Silver Surfer - 85
Superman - 70
Thor - 70

Ballistic Resistance
Silver Surfer - 70
Superman - 80
Thor - 65
This is a pretty good comparison.

thumb up

abhilegend
thumb up

@ABHI. I gave all of them what I think they deserve. I guess you want me to say...

Blunt

Superman 100
Surfer 50
Thor 40

Energy

Superman 100
Surfer 50
Thor 40

Piercing

Superman 100
Surfer 50
Thor 40

Is that better?
No, I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Picking Thor over surfer and superman in blunt force durability is ****ing wrong.

ShadowFyre
I like stoics the best. At least energy should be broken up into different categories. And Thor has the least cutting resistance but the best damage soak imo

DarkSaint85
Superman also has the ability to soak up certain types of energy, and depending on the writer, he has been written to be able to erect a force field of sorts. But hey why don't you give it a shot?

Like I said, not saying you're wrong - I don't know enough about these characters to give an opinion (such as Superman soaking energy, for example).

I have just always seen Surfer as an energy type, as opposed to say a brick type, that's all (not saying that's what YOU've said).

Supermex
Like I said, not saying you're wrong - I don't know enough about these characters to give an opinion (such as Superman soaking energy, for example).

I have just always seen Surfer as an energy type, as opposed to say a brick type, that's all (not saying that's what YOU've said).

I agree with you.
Surfer is to vers for both Superman and Thor.
Surfer can play a brick, but he is not one.

9jaboy
Blunt force
superman 100
thor 95
silver surfer 75

energy attacks
superman 100
thor 80
silver surfer 100

cutting resistance
superman 95
thor 75
silver surfer 95

JBL
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Bait thread lol Yes it is.

JBL
thumb up

Blunt

Superman 100
Surfer 50
Thor 40

Energy

Superman 100
Surfer 50
Thor 40

Piercing

Superman 100
Surfer 50
Thor 40

Is that better? laughing Carver i could not have said it better.

9jaboy
Originally posted by JBL
laughing Carver i could not have said it better. No you couldn't have carver junior,uhh i mean jbl

pym-ftw
Hopefully this will be closed soon

h1a8

1. Blunt Force
2. Energy Attacks
3. Cutting Attacks.

1. Superman=100, Thor=90, Surfer=90 (Thor damage soak, Surfer hardness)
2. Superman=95, Thor=95, Surfer=95
3. Superman=100, Thor=80, Surfer=98?

zopzop
Originally posted by h1a8
1. Superman=100, Thor=90, Surfer=90 (Thor damage soak, Surfer hardness)
2. Superman=95, Thor=95, Surfer=95
3. Superman=100, Thor=80, Surfer=98?
thumb up
I was gonna post, then I saw this.

Rage.Of.Olympus
And on their best days, Superman/Surfer are pretty much unstoppable and just below the likes of classic Juggernaut.

I didn't say that he isn't a peer of Superman/Surfer, I said he isn't an equal like you think he is.

You mean just like Thor? no expression

AGAIN, I'm taking into account endurance/damage soak as well for blunt force. Although in energy resistance, I think he's right up there in hard durability.

I think he definitely is. Against Norrin, the only time he's been at a true disadvantage is from repeated cosmic blasts from a more powerful then ever Surfer (And even then, he was holding back severely and was uninjured). Or Thor denting Surfer's skull with his head and only having a cut to show for it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Why activate Abhil's trap card? This trail of bread crumbs leads to a bear trap but it also has smaller bear traps under each crumb

laughing out loud

-Pr-
Abhi, if you stop baiting the haters, things will go much more smoothly.

Closing soon anyway.

DarkRaiden
1. Blunt Force
2. Energy Attacks
3. Cutting Attacks.

Blunt Force

Surfer 90
Thor 100
Superman 75

Surfer and Thor are actually fairly more durable than Supes by feats

Energy
Surfer 100
Thor 95
Superman 85

Cutting
Surfer ??
Thor 90 (adamantium barely cuts him)
Superman 90

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.