The Sith Emperor vs Darth Plagueis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Who wins in this contest of powerful Sith Lords?

Match #1: Vitiate gets no prep; fight not on nexus.
Match #2: Vitiate gets no prep; fight on nexus.
Match #3: Vitiate gets prep; fight on nexus.

DarthAnt66
Match #1: Plagueis obviously. I would like to see Vitiate trying to handle Plagueis's speed and lightsaber prowess against his lightning.

Match #2: The nexus will boost Plagueis as well, so Plagueis wins same as the first.

Match #3: Hmmm...probably Vitiate on this one. However, Plagueis is the confirmed 2nd most powerful Sith Lord up to his time. Vitiate's accolades were, like Plagueis's, in a third person omniscient view (the encyclopedia ends at the time of the Hero confronting Vitiate iirc). Also, the BBY/ABY dating system was founded ironically in 25,053 BBY (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Standard_Calendar).

S_W_LeGenD
1. Sith Emperor after a good fight
2. Sith Emperor after a moderate fight
3. Sith Emperor stomps

DarthAnt66
What is Vitiate going to do in the first one? Try to lightning Plagueis in the 5 seconds he has before his head is decapitated?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
What is Vitiate going to do in the first one? Try to lightning Plagueis in the 5 seconds he has before his head is decapitated?
Lightning bursts can close gaps instantaneously, if you haven't been paying attention. It is virtually impossible to evade some Force powers including Force lightning.

In addition, Sith Emperor is extremely fast as well. His entire duel with Revan lasted only some seconds in span. Do the math.

DarthAnt66
You can block them.

Interesting...I will bend this to my own personal desires. Quote?
Also, must I remind you, he had prep and was on a nexus during this.

S_W_LeGenD
You can block them.
Good luck blocking FLS of Sith Emperor; whole strike Team(s) of powerful Force-users couldn't.

Interesting...I will bend this to my own personal desires. Quote?
Also, must I remind you, he had prep and was on a nexus during this.
If you want to have a meaningful debate with me, don't bring this prep and nexus BS in to it.

DarthAnt66
You act as if Plagueis couldn't just as easily defeat that strike team?

But everything Vitiate impressive was on a nexus with prep. How the hell can I not bring it up?

Lord Stark
1. Plagueis
2. Plagueis
3. Toss up imo Plagueis is quite possibly the most knowledgeable being in galactic history, he knew how to retain one's identity after becoming one with the force, he knew of Transfer essence, he knew of Vitiate and perfected Sith Alchemy. 55/45 Vitiate...perhaps?

S_W_LeGenD
You act as if Plagueis couldn't just as easily defeat that strike team?
Right, a Sith Lord who struggled against Venamis would be able to defeat a Jedi Strike Team of some of the Jedi finest. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It is even hinted in the Plagueis novel that Plagueis and Sidious both cannot destroy Jedi finest on their own, with their combined might they would.

But everything Vitiate impressive was on a nexus with prep. How the hell can I not bring it up?
- Dromund Kaas is NOT a nexus on the whole.
- Dromund Kaas's space station is NOT a nexus.
- Nathema was not a nexus prior to its destruction.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Right, a Sith Lord who struggled against Venamis would be able to defeat a Jedi Strike Team of some of the Jedi finest. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Decades before his prime.

Yeah no one in the SWs universe could waltz into the Jedi Temple and hope to face Mace, Yoda, and Dooku at once.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Decades before his prime.
What exactly is his prime?

Yeah no one in the SWs universe could waltz into the Jedi Temple and hope to face Mace, Yoda, and Dooku at once.
Limitations of Plagueis and Sidious do not necessarily apply to everybody else.

Emperordmb
I'm going with Plagueis in the first two, though I'm not sure about the third one.

Nephthys
Plagueis has no chance at in round three. Vitiate with prep defeated 12 Sith Lords at once, the most powerful Sith in his Empire no less, in a single attack.

Intrepid37
The Emperor is no slouch, but Plagueis is his superior, IMO, although the Emperor should take it with prep.

carthage
Plagueis speedblitz SLAUGHTERHOUSE

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Intrepid37
The Emperor is no slouch, but Plagueis is his superior, IMO, although the Emperor should take it with prep.
I am curious about how exactly Plagueis is the superior here?

Sith Emperor have:-

1. Superior mastery of the Force
2. Superior history of combat
3. Superior history of influence over his surroundings
4. Superior feats

I guess, the name(s) such as Yoda, Plagueis, Sidious and Luke shutdown thinking ability of some people.

Originally posted by carthage
Plagueis speedblitz SLAUGHTERHOUSE
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Daydreaming is hobby of some people.

An individual who didn't get speedblitzed in over a span of century of dangerous competition and long history of battles, isn't going to end up getting speedblitzed in any battle.

darth venki
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
I am curious about how exactly Plagueis is the superior here?

Sith Emperor have:-

1. Superior mastery of the Force
2. Superior history of combat
3. Superior history of influence over his surroundings
4. Superior feats

I guess, the name(s) such as Yoda, Plagueis, Sidious and Luke shutdown thinking ability of some people.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Daydreaming is hobby of some people.

An individual who didn't get speedblitzed in over a span of century of dangerous competition and long history of battles, isn't going to end up getting speedblitzed in any battle.

Plagueis>TPM Sidious. This should be logically sound enough. That is why carthage keeps telling SLAUGHTERHOUSE LOL!! it was fun..

Round1 Plagueis
Round2 Plagueis
Round3 Dont know

Emperordmb
Vitiate is clearly one of the top five lightning practicioners in the mythos. His telekinesis is also highly advanced. With this in mind he is an extremely powerful force wielder. Vitiate's drawback is his lackluster melee capabilities and his tactical errors.

That being said Plagueis is also an extremely potent force wielder, who's melee capabilities completely outstrip Vitiate's, and he certainly has the speed and defensive capability to close the gap if necessary.

carthage
I don't get why people seem to forget that the nexus would affect Plagueis as well.

Plagueis's demonstrations of the force off a nexus massively outweigh Vitiates, he was aware of Vitiate and possessed all of the compendiums of Sith lore at his disposal. To say he's any less of a scholar than Vitiate is bullshit. With a nexus Plagueis likely moves at light speed and kills Vitiate before he can even sense what happens.

Vitiate is out of his depth against Plagueis the wise

Nephthys
To say he's any less of a scholar than Vitiate is bullshit.

Vitiate has over a thousand years of study on him bro.

Also no to everything else.

carthage
A thousand years of study and only nexus feats to prove how powerful he is thumb up

Call me when he can disintegrate beings without the aid of a nexus, has actual lightsaber skills, and trained the most powerful Sith lord of all time.

DarthAnt66
A thousand years of study and only nexus feats to prove how powerful he is thumb up

Call me when he can disintegrate beings without the aid of a nexus, has actual lightsaber skills, and trained the most powerful Sith lord of all time.
Hate to say it winebottle, but I actually agree with you. thumb up

Nephthys

What about when he dominated 4 of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy at the same time? Or stalemated Sel Makor, a being which was capable of killing all life on Voss if it ever got free?

carthage
Sidious stated him and Plagueis could've killed the entire Jedi council if it came down to it. I,e the council with Windu and Yoda and not random Jedi that get blown back by a nexus only Sith.

Even then Plagueis still has feats that make Vitiate look like Jar Jar. Vitiate's academic knowledge of the dark side doesn't make up for the fact he is a terribly designed character who hugged a lightsaber and died.

Nephthys
And Maul stated he could solo the Jedi Temple AND the Jedi Council. Empty boasting is useless.

DarthAnt66
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-19-2014/NgHG2V.gif

carthage
Empty boasting that is backed up by the feats demonstrated in the novel thumb up.

Nephthys
Seems legit.

You know, Vitiate HAS solo'd the Dark Council. Twice.

psmith81992
Vitiate wins anything other than a saber battle.

Nephthys
Arm wrestle?

I'm sure Vitiate has some stellar guns.

Intrepid37
Plagueis would break Vitiate's arm lol.

Emperordmb
LOL I imagine a fistfight between Vitiate and Plagueis being something like Loki vs the Hulk in the avengers.

"Enough!!! I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. You are a master of nothi---"

*Plagueis grabs Vitiate's arm and beats him into the ground.

"Puny emperor"

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Emperordmb
LOL I imagine a fistfight between Vitiate and Plagueis being something like Loki vs the Hulk in the avengers.

"Enough!!! I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. You are a master of nothi---"

*Plagueis grabs Vitiate's arm and beats him into the ground.

"Puny emperor"
I LOL'ed and I am still laughing as I type this.

carthage
Originally posted by Nephthys
Seems legit.

You know, Vitiate HAS solo'd the Dark Council. Twice.

A dark council that was scared of him for whatever reason. Plagueis could also kill them all quite easily.

Intrepid37
Plagueis would disintegrate the Dark Council with a Force wave.

Lord Stark
Does Sidious seriously think him and Plagueis can solo the entire Jedi Council?

PTforthewin
Plagueis because I hate the old republic era

Nephthys
A dark council that was scared of him for whatever reason. Plagueis could also kill them all quite easily.

A Dark Council that was coming to kill him. erm

Vitiate killed them in a single attack.

carthage
On a nexus more than likely.

Hardly indicative of his power, take him off a nexus and he's weaker than a battledroid

Nephthys
The Council would be benefiting from a nexus just as much as he would. They're Sith too.

SIDIOUS 66
Does Sidious seriously think him and Plagueis can solo the entire Jedi Council?

Not that I recall. He did, however, state that they each can take on the council's best, referring to anyone of them individually. Unless I'm remembering wrong, or Carthage is referring to something else.

As for Vitiate, I don't know why people keep harping on Vitiate's all powerful and mysterious off-screen/off-panel feats considering he doesn't display them while he's onscreen/on-panel in the middle of combat.

Lord Stark
^Interesting, although I doubt Sidious as of TPM or Plagueis have a sure win against Yoda. In fact I'd give the edge to the Grand Master.

Zett
Plagueis is more powerful

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.