Superman (Man of Steel) vs. Senator Armstrong (MGRR)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
just like the title says.

both know nothing about each other, save that Supes knows Armstrong isn't a normal human and vice versa.

Superman is not allowed to fly for this thread.

how does this go?

ares834
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/21/213175/2600243-7212731020-this_.gif

Time Immemorial
Man of Steel wins

BloodRain
Man of State wins.

MicCheck
Clark wrecks his sh*t, at the very best Armstrong may be stronger, Superman is easily faster, can fly and can melt him from afar.

BloodRain
How fast is Supes?

NemeBro
Should be at least in the range of hundreds of times the speed of sound, considering her can travel across the world in moments.

danteiscool
in other words, around Mach 24 or so, the last time I ever checked.

ares834
However, we never see Superman fight at such speeds. Don't get me wrong the Kryptonians do fight at very high speeds as evident by Faora taking out the soldiers just not at mach speed.

Anyway, Armstong wins. Superman can't even hurt him.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by ares834
However, we never see Superman fight at such speeds. Don't get me wrong the Kryptonians do fight at very high speeds as evident by Faora taking out the soldiers just not at mach speed.

Superman was fighting at the same speed with Faora and the Namek, thats how he took them both on at the same time. Rewatch the fight.

ares834
Maybe you should re-read what I said.

Time Immemorial
Maybe you should re-read what I said.

Ok I did, but he still fights them at the same speed. Once he saw Faora fighting with increased speed, he followed suit. Thats how he kicked her ass.

ares834
facepalm

Christ, learn to read. I said Superman never fights at like mach 24, however he and the other Kryptonians can fight at superspeed as evident by Faora blitzing the soldiers.

MicCheck
He doesn't need to fight at mach speeds, the speed he was fighting Faora and Non at is more than enough to blitz Armstrong out of his skull and kill him

Time Immemorial
facepalm

Christ, learn to read. I said Superman never fights at like mach 24, however he and the other Kryptonians can fight at superspeed as evident by Faora blitzing the soldiers.

Wow, get mad about having a discussion. Sorry!sad

ares834
Originally posted by MicCheck
He doesn't need to fight at mach speeds, the speed he was fighting Faora and Non at is more than enough to blitz Armstrong out of his skull and kill him

lol no. Play MGR.

Raiden can jump from missile to missile meaning he can move (and fight) at supersonic speeds. And yet, he wasn't able to blitz Armstong despite. How is MoS Superman, a guy who fights at slower speeds and who is weaker going to do so?

Time Immemorial
lol no. Play MGR.

Raiden can jump from missile to missile meaning he can move (and fight) at supersonic speeds. And yet, he wasn't able to blitz Armstong despite. How is MoS Superman, a guy who fights at slower speeds and who is weaker going to do so?

Flying into him at light speed, burns him with heat vision, throws him into space. MoS didn't like backing down from a fight. He would figure out a way.

ares834
This is MoS Superman (from the movie) not Reeves or the comic version. MoS Superman can't fly at light speed not has he displayed the strength to throw someone into space.

Time Immemorial
This is MoS Superman (from the movie) not Reeves or the comic version. MoS Superman can't fly at light speed not has he displayed the strength to throw someone into space.

Gotcha

NemeBro

Superman and Zod fighting to outer space and back don't count?

Lol, get ****ed. Superman wins.

MicCheck
lol no. Play MGR.

Raiden can jump from missile to missile meaning he can move (and fight) at supersonic speeds. And yet, he wasn't able to blitz Armstong despite. How is MoS Superman, a guy who fights at slower speeds and who is weaker going to do so? lol I played the game, several times, SAM's and most missiles for that matter, initially start sub sonic and need to build up speed before reaching their max velocity. The fastest SAM is short of mach 4 but weren't going nearly that fast when Raiden hopped on them.

Faora was able and manhandle an entire squad of marines in like 5 seconds, Raiden couldn't even blitz that Scientist that had a gun to George's head and ended up having to bifurcate him. Sundowner also implied that Raiden is slower than Mach 2, so I don't know where you're getting this super sonic crap from.

MGR Raiden at the very best may be as fast as Spiderman.

ares834
Originally posted by NemeBro
Superman and Zod fighting to outer space and back don't count?

Nope. Plus he can't fly in this thread.

thumb up

Lol, get ****ed. Superman wins.

lol, Superman can't do shit. Raiden's punches didn't even tickle Armstong and he is vastly stronger than MoS Superman.

Supes gets stomped.

MicCheck
Raiden is slower than Mach 2 and couldn't blitz a single scientist, also there is no evidence of Raiden being stronger either.

Raiden's best feat was lifting Excelsus after he had already lobbed off most of the armor.

The oil rig that Superman was holding up probably weighed more and this was a younger, less experienced Superman.

ares834
lol

It's not even close. The Excelsus feat blows the shit out of the oil rig one.

Beyond playing leapfrog with missiles, Raiden does things like casually block machine gun fire. That's a bit above anything Superman shows in MoS when it comes to reflexes/reaction speed.

But keep hatin. How many sock accounts have you created now to hate on MG? 4? 5?

MicCheck
lol blocking machine gun fire, congratulations, you just put Raiden on par with a peak human laughing out loud

The Oil Rig is heavier than Excelsus, Excelsus at the very most is a few thousand tons and Raiden destroyed most of it's armor and plating, an Oil Rig can weight upwards of a million tons, even if Clark was holding a fraction of it it's still much heavier, do some research next time, then again you're the one throwing crap around like Raiden fighting and moving at super sonic speeds even though he couldn't blitz a scientist and Sundower said the complete opposite

Come back when you get some facts kid, until then I accept your concession.

ares834
lol blocking machine gun fire, congratulations, you just put Raiden on par with a peak human laughing out loud

facepalm

The Oil Rig is heavier than Excelsus, do some research next time, then again you're the one throwing crap around like Raiden fighting and moving at super sonic speeds even though he couldn't blitz a scientist and Sundower said the complete opposite

That portion of the oil rig SUperman "held" up is heavier than Excelsus... laughing out loud

MicCheck
lol an oil rig can weigh up to 1.2 million tons, Excelsus at the very best is a few thousand tons, except Raiden already destroyed most of it's heavier plating and armor.

I love it when delusional people like you keep posting when they've clearly lost. Come back when Raiden can blitz a scientist laughing out loud

NemeBro
Nope. Plus he can't fly in this thread.

thumb up

lol, Superman can't do shit. Raiden's punches didn't even tickle Armstong and he is vastly stronger than MoS Superman.

Supes gets stomped.

Doesn't need to. He can leap, and he demonstrated the reaction-time to fight during that scene.

As for strength and durability, Superman overpowered the World Engine and took its destruction without any superficial damage. That's above Armstrong's pay grade.

ares834
lol an oil rig can weigh up to 1.2 million tons, Excelsus at the very best is a few thousand tons, except Raiden already destroyed most of it's heavier plating and armor.

Good thing he didn't hold up the whole oil rig.

Doesn't need to. He can leap, and he demonstrated the reaction-time to fight during that scene.

He demonstrated reaction times on par with a Jet pilot. Nothing to scoff at but not extraordinarily goo either.

As for strength and durability, Superman overpowered the World Engine and took its destruction without any superficial damage. That's above Armstrong's pay grade.

Perhaps.

MicCheck
No one said he held up the entire rig, in fact I specifically stated that Clark holding a fraction of it would be above Excelsus, Clark could of held up 1/50 of the rig and it would of been heavier.

BloodRain
The part Clark was pushing back on was only 2-300 tons. It was only a hollow, skeletal structure.

Time Immemorial
No one said he held up the entire rig, in fact I specifically stated that Clark holding a fraction of it would be above Excelsus, Clark could of held up 1/50 of the rig and it would of been heavier.

The could have held it forever if the ground had not given way and the thing had not toppled over on him.

StealthRanger
Are we still doing the "combat speed" shit for Superman?

:galacticryoma

danteiscool
whoa, never expected things to get so heated up so fast.

Time Immemorial

The ground gave way and it toppled over on him, he isn't 200ft tall. He's 6'2. There was nothing he could do to stop it. He held it till the structure failed. This is easy to see.

KingD19
But he was exerting a lot of effort to hold it up.

danteiscool
but considering his feats later in the movie, it seems that at that point in time, he had yet to fully tap into his full potential. and like Time Immemorial said, the oil rig did collapse on him...

KingD19
Flight and heat vision maybe. His strength never seemed to be an issue to use. And I know it collapsed, I was just pointing out it wasn't an easy thing for him to hold it up, even before the platform buckled under him.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by KingD19
But he was exerting a lot of effort to hold it up.

Whats wrong with that? Every character strains for feats in the movie, to make it look more real for the viewer.

KingD19
I'm pointing out that he was exerting a lot of effort. I don't think Armstrong would have struggled like that in the same situation. It would have ended the same because the platform itself couldn't handle that weight, but he wouldn't have struggled like Clark did.

Time Immemorial
I'm pointing out that he was exerting a lot of effort. I don't think Armstrong would have struggled like that in the same situation. It would have ended the same because the platform itself couldn't handle that weight, but he wouldn't have struggled like Clark did.

Guess from a forum fight then. Played out on screen, might go another way. I noticed a lot of people talk about characters straining. But it just makes for a better movie or show. In game it guess plays out different.

MicCheck
It was also a younger Clark and he wasn't at the same level he was when he fought Zod.

KingD19
A younger Clark? Time was somewhat hard to follow in that movie, but it looked to me that the Oil Rig feat didn't happen that far from the Kryptonian Invasion. A few days, possibly a week or so at most imo.

quanchi112
It was also a younger Clark and he wasn't at the same level he was when he fought Zod. laughing out loud

It is canon. No point in fleeing from the canonicity of the embarrassing feat.

NemeBro
A younger Clark? Time was somewhat hard to follow in that movie, but it looked to me that the Oil Rig feat didn't happen that far from the Kryptonian Invasion. A few days, possibly a week or so at most imo. That Clark couldn't even fly.

Armstrong is probably stronger though.

KingD19
That Clark couldn't even fly.

Armstrong is probably stronger though.

I know he couldn't. Flight would have helped as he could use both flight/strength to keep it up. But in a direct comparison, both him and Armstrong trying to hold it up just staidng there, I think the Senator would do better. Didn't it only take him like an hour and a half to learn how to fly though? He literally jumped/flew, hit the mountain, got back up, and was flying around the world.

NemeBro
He had yet to master his powers, and by the end he is capable of feats far out-performing holding up an oil rig.

danteiscool
exactly. just look at what occurred right after the oil rig collapsed on him. he appeared to have been knocked out, even if only for a few minutes. but by the end of the movie, he had taken way more damage than what the oil rig collapse caused him, showing that he was definitely in better control of his abilities than in the beginning by a big margin.

MicCheck
Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud

It is canon. No point in fleeing from the canonicity of the embarrassing feat. Who said anything about canon? I stated that he wasn't at the same level as he was when he fought Zod, which is absolutely true.

Not very intelligent are you? No wonder there's an entire thread dedicated to calling you an idiot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.