Was the Sith Emperor afraid of Darth Nihilus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
When Nihilus was attacking the galaxy, the Emperor didn't seize the opportunity to invade the Republic. He did not attempt to destroy the Triumvirate either. Was he afraid of the trio's power or what?

Emperordmb
Revan was already delaying him at this point IIRC

Also why destroy your enemies when you can let someone else do a lot of the work?

S_W_LeGenD
Nothing suggests that Sith Emperor was afraid of Triumvirate, majority feared him instead. In-fact, Traya was most likely afraid and intimidated by ancients; she assumed that her talents paled in comparison to those of the ancients and it would be best course of action to destroy the Force itself.

Sith Emperor possessed the power to destroy any external threat either through his own power and/or with his personal powerbase and/or with the enormous military might under his disposal. Sith Emperor had too many options.

DarthAnt66
Probably. I can picture the Emperor hide in his throne room in the fear of Nihilus eating Droumand Kaas.

psmith81992
Why would Vitiate be afraid? He was still building his empire up in secret.

Unbowed
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Also why destroy your enemies when you can let someone else do a lot of the work?
Because it's been made clear that, had Nihilus not been stopped by the Exile, he would have eventually grown to powerful and would have consumed the entire GFFA.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Probably. I can picture the Emperor hide in his throne room in the fear of Nihilus eating Droumand Kaas.
I seriously doubt that Nihilus would have even made to Dromund Kaas. He along with his followers would have been blown apart in space by military might of reconstituted Sith Empire.

Also, Sith Emperor most likely have an answer for even the most potent power of Nihilus as apparent from his feat in Nathema. Sith Emperor would have hit back in every manner possible if Nihilus had threatened his Empire.

DarthAnt66
Nihilus>Vitiate dude.

S_W_LeGenD
Nihilus>Vitiate dude.
Actually no, Sith Emperor have been the most powerful dark side practitioner in the entire galaxy in history.

Not even Nihilus matched him.

DarthAnt66
Nihilus gigadrains him. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/w00t.gif lol jk. However that would be an awesome fight...that I see Nihilus winning.

Lol imagine the sheer horror among Vitiate's empire if he get's casually stripped from the force by Nihilus. I would lol.

S_W_LeGenD
Nihilus gigadrains him. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/w00t.gif lol jk. However that would be an awesome fight...that I see Nihilus winning.

Lol imagine the sheer horror among Vitiate's stripped empire if he get's casually stripped from the force by Nihilus. I would lol.
1. Sith Emperor is an absolute master of both Force Sever and Force Drain talents himself.

2. Sith Emperor orchestrated the most deadly ritual of dark side power known in history which exterminated all life barring him, he certainly have an answer for Nihilus's giga-drain or whatever due to this development alone.

3. Sith Emperor isn't a human or mortal, he transformed in to an immortal being (an entity like condition) which most likely boosted his defenses to seemingly impossible levels. Sith Emperor have too enormous reservoir of power to overcome with Drain factor alone, I have yet to see a single Force power which works on Sith Emperor.

Underestimating Sith Emperor is the greatest error that fans are known to commit.

Though their is wisdom in a saying of Vader: "There is little that a lightsaber cannot solve." Rock solid....

DarthAnt66
1. So is Nihilus...just better at the drain part.
2. Ritual=Prep with like 6,000 Sith Lords. Quite frankly, I don't find that impressive at all.
3. Revan's TK worked on Vitiate. (insert lol here) Imagine the TK on one who lifted star ships?

He's literally an attempt to make a less OP Nihilus, but failed and instead made a horrible character. Mortis, Sidious, Luke, Nihilus, Caedus, Plagueis, Yoda, etc would all defeat Vitiate.

Intrepid37
The Sith Emperor is more powerful than Nihilus. But whether he'd defeat him is another question.

DarthAnt66
thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
1. So is Nihilus...just better at the drain part.
I don't see how.

Sith Emperor could drain his targets from lightyear distances and simultaneously siphoned energies from many individuals.

I know that Nihilus became a natural with Force Drain talent due to his blackhole like condition but their is no reason to believe that his feat cannot be replicated with adequate preparation from someone like Sith Emperor or him to be exact.

2. Ritual=Prep with like 6,000 Sith Lords. Quite frankly, I don't find that impressive at all.
People often confuse aspects of this ritual; you are referring to the "preparation aspect" of the ritual. Participation of thousands of individuals ensured that ritual would lead to emission of mind-boggling proportions of dark side power. Difference was that once the ritual began, Sith Emperor began to take charge and not just gained control of 8000 other Sith Lords (to prevent disruptions) but controlled the outcome (the most important and dangerous aspect of the ritual); the dark side power which was unleashed from the ritual, not just wiped out all living beings in its coverage but killed an entire planet where it was performed and also resulted in largest nexus of the dark side the galaxy "would ever see." Sith Emperor walked out from this kind of display of power unscathed and more powerful then ever before.

Now tell me if this isn't impressive then what is?

3. Revan's TK worked on Vitiate. (insert lol here) Imagine the TK on one who lifted star ships?
It wasn't a TK, it was an incredible burst of power released by Revan after achieving almost oneness like condition. While Vitiate took it all on, he stood back up unscathed.

Proper TK attacks from Revan didn't even budge Vitiate from his position but were potent enough to shatter concrete.

He's literally an attempt to make a less OP Nihilus, but failed and instead made a horrible character. Mortis, Sidious, Luke, Nihilus, Caedus, Plagueis, Yoda, etc are all above the likes of Vitiate.
Correction: Sith Emperor represents a Nihilus who would be perfect.

Also, I really doubt that the list you mentioned have been tested in ways like Sith Emperor have been and/or would live to tell the tale if walk in his shoes.

Originally posted by Intrepid37
The Sith Emperor is more powerful than Nihilus. But whether he'd defeat him is another question.
Emperor's powers would do the job. Greater the power, more effective the attacks are.

DarthAnt66
Quote?

It's not impressive because he needed 6,000 Sith Lords to destroy a world and harness their power, while Nihilus can do it alone.

It was a telekinetic push that threw Vitiate backwards.

Nihilus eats powers for a living...how on earth can u claim "greater the power?"

S_W_LeGenD
Quote?
Sith Emperor demonstrated the capability to drain Revan in Maelstrom Prison while being stationed on Dromund Kaas, distance between these two places is 12 parsecs.

Do the math.

It's not impressive because he needed 6,000 Sith Lords to destroy a world and harness their power, while Nihilus can do it alone.
Sith Emperor was a mortal back then, he had his limits at that time. Still the Emperor succeeded in a mission at which 8000 other Sith Lords failed even with combined effort.

Difference between Emperor's and Nihilus's position is that Nihilus performed his feat of planetary-scale devastation from safe distance (Nihilus didn't had to face the music himself) while the Emperor was within the heart of storm of destructive dark side power and still lived to carry on his agenda.

Emperor have much superior understanding of the Force then Nihilus, like this or not. Also, it is hinted in canonical sources that Emperor became more powerful after the event of Nathema, his capacity as practitioner of the Force vastly increased after his transformation (Emperor might pull off Katarr or Nathema by himself during his immortal condition).

It was a telekinetic push that threw Vitiate backwards.
It sounds like a TK push but it isn't, it is/was actually an immensely potent raw emission of energy.

Nihilus eats powers for a living...how on earth can u claim "greater the power?"
Nihilus's attacks are less likely to work on someone stronger then him.

Nihilus was more powerful then any individual stationed on Katarr as an example. It was unlikely for anybody in this world to outright tank his powers or have the command of Sith Sorcery to undermine his powers. Alternative defensive option was being a wound.

DarthAnt66
The circumstances in this situation hardly make the feet eligible. Especially due to the fact he has never demonstrated wide spread drain besides this, despite it being in his best interest (situation with Revan when he was dueling Guards; situation in Tython battles, etc etc).

So? The entire ritual was designed so Vitiate would be draining everything. It makes perfect sense nothing happened to him. The devastation was merely an absence of the Force and the death of all life, which was drained by Vitiate. It's not as HE was being drained.

I truly admire Vitiate fans, they work hard to try to make his feats impressive, sadly, it hardly works:

Devastation on Nathema: Aided by 6,000 Sith Lords
Mind dominating Revan/Malak: Had prep + nexus
Destroying Dark Council: Had prep + nexus
...you see the pattern, don't you?
And, when you see Vitiate without prep, he get's beat down by the Hero.

S_W_LeGenD
The circumstances in this situation hardly make the feet eligible. Especially due to the fact he has never demonstrated wide spread drain besides this, despite it being in his best interest (situation with Revan when he was dueling Guards; situation in Tython battles, etc etc).
Emperor have been siphoning energy from many individuals stationed on Dromund Kaas in addition to doing the same with Revan from far away. Heck, Emperor continuously siphoned energies from his Hand(s) (in particular) even when these individuals would be spread out in various parts of the galaxy for tasks assigned to them by him.

Emperor is an absolute master of Force Drain talents.

So? The entire ritual was designed so Vitiate would be draining everything. It makes perfect sense nothing happened to him. The devastation was merely an absence of the Force and the death of all life, which was drained by Vitiate. It's not as HE was being drained.
Finally an improvement in your understanding but you still are not getting the full picture:

This ritual wasn't friendly to Emperor in any stretch of imagination, it represented an ultimate test for his command of the dark side as well. Emperor would either manage to control the outcome of the ritual or perish just like all others who participated in it.

Think of this matter as of Thought Bomb being unleashed by brotherhood. No one in the brotherhood survived the outcome of the ritual or managed to control its outcome once the lethal dark side power was released from it.

I truly admire Vitiate fans, they work hard to try to make his feats impressive, sadly, it hardly works:

Devastation on Nathema: Aided by 6,000 Sith Lords
Mind dominating Revan/Malak: Had prep + nexus
Destroying Dark Council: Had prep + nexus
...you see the pattern, don't you?
And, when you see Vitiate without prep, he get's beat down by the Hero.
Emperor's feats are very impressive, they are not properly understood by some. Also, some do not focus on the proper context of Emperor's respective position in comparison to his surroundings, successes and failures.

Emperordmb
I think it's possible that Vitiate may be immune to force drain as a result of the effects of the Nathema ritual.

I'll post my speculation thread for that.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I think it's possible that Vitiate may be immune to force drain as a result of the effects of the Nathema ritual.

I'll post my speculation thread for that.
thumb up

red8
Nihilus makes Sith burgers out of Vitiate, Nyriss, and Scourge.

GenomeFrozener
Originally posted by red8

thumb up

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
In-fact, Traya was most likely afraid and intimidated by ancients; she assumed that her talents paled in comparison to those of the ancients and it would be best course of action to destroy the Force itself.

Where was it stated that she was afraid of the 'ancients'? Pretty sure she wanted to destroy the force out of outright hatred for it, not out of possible fear of old Sith.

DarthAnt66
Nihilus is the personification of overpowered. Vitiate is just his little cousin.

http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/17/73/92/12/nihilu13.png

Lord Stark
Vitiate should be happy he didn't attack after KOTOR I. His Dark Council would have been a tasty snack before Nihilus got to the Vitiate main course.

DarthAnt66
Also, here's a quote suggesting Nihilus destroyed Katarr nearly instantly, without a ritual:

"Amazingly dark and devastating powers are the purview of some of the greatest Sith Lords of the Knights of the Old Republic era...They devastate and consume entire worlds with a thought."

GenomeFrozener
I also doubt Vitiate would even know of Nihilus' existence. With him focusing on his empire and all.

Based
Originally posted by GenomeFrozener
I also doubt Vitiate would even know of Nihilus' existence. With him focusing on his empire and all.

Yeah, Revan made Vitiate a pussy for the centuries he was captured. He was scared of the Republic, not Nihilus.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by red8
Newsflash: Nihilus cannot kill immortals. This have been demonstrated in Sion versus Nihilus footage. Cut content or not, this is no excuse to sell Nihilus as capable of beating just anybody.

Also;

- Sith Emperor will destroy Nihilus without much an issue (He have coped with shit that no one else have and I have yet to see a Force power that harms him). Good luck with this.

- Scourge is also immortal and can destroy Nihilus.

- Nyriss may fall to Nihilus but she can win too.

Nihilus isn't all-powerful and invincible. Get this nonsense out of your skull.

Originally posted by GenomeFrozener
Where was it stated that she was afraid of the 'ancients'? Pretty sure she wanted to destroy the force out of outright hatred for it, not out of possible fear of old Sith.
Her comments give this kind of vibe.

Example:

"If you were to face an ancient Sith lord in combat, you would learn that we are as children playing with toys compared to the prowess of the old masters."

Nephthys

Hahaha, no. Even ignoring that he could drain both of them, he's still much more powerful than either and would break them. This is the guy who lifted a capital ship off a gravity well before he started eating entire planets worth of Force power. He could stomp both of them with TK.

Being immortal isn't the same thing as invulnerable.

S_W_LeGenD

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Nephthys
Hahaha, no. Even ignoring that he could drain both of them, he's still much more powerful than either and would break them. This is the guy who lifted a capital ship off a gravity well before he started eating entire planets worth of Force power. He could stomp both of them with TK.
That feat reveals that Nihilus can overwhelm both Scourge and Nyriss with his Force powers, this is not in dispute.

However, the latter two can find a way to undermine Nihilus too. This boils down to decision-making factor.

Nyriss doesn't likes to waste time during her duels, she thinks smart and reacts very fast (not likes to give ample time to her opponents to think of a counter or attack her first). If she attacks first, she may gain advantage and eliminate Nihilus.

Scourge also became very powerful in a span of 300 years. He reached a point that he could choke a dozen opponents to death without a gesture and even send HoT packing with a push mid-fight. On top of this, he is superior duelist then Nihilus and Force speed is also his specialty. He might be able to attempt blitz on Nihilus and succeed.

So it all boils down to how the duel proceeds.

Being immortal isn't the same thing as invulnerable.
I understand but it improves the defensive abilities of a Force-user, possibly grants immunity against some powers as well.

Nephthys
That feat reveals that Nihilus can overwhelm both Scourge and Nyriss with his Force powers, this is not in dispute.

However, the latter two can find a way to undermine Nihilus too. This boils down to decision-making factor.

Nyriss doesn't likes to waste time during her duels, she thinks smart and reacts very fast (not likes to give ample time to her opponents to think of a counter or attack her first). If she attacks first, she may gain advantage and eliminate Nihilus.

Scourge also became very powerful in a span of 300 years. He reached a point that he could choke a dozen opponents to death without a gesture and even send HoT packing with a push mid-fight. On top of this, he is superior duelist then Nihilus and Force speed is also his specialty. He might be able to attempt blitz on Nihilus and succeed.

So it all boils down to how the duel proceeds.

He can and will. They more powerful in a duel almost always wins.

I don't see how they can undermine him. Their Force attacks will never affect him and they cannot close the distance to assault him with lightsabers before he TK and drains them.

If she attacks first, Nihilus will simply block the attack then kill her.

I highly doubt a Sith as overwhelmingly powerful as Nihilus could be blitzed. You may as well say that Scourge can blitz the Emperor.

He reached a point that he could choke a dozen opponents to death without a gesture and even send HoT packing with a push mid-fight.

When did he do this?

I understand but it improves the defensive abilities of a Force-user, possibly grants immunity against some powers as well.

No it doesn't.

DarthAnt66
Here:

The Sith Emperor is the most powerful Force-user who has ever existed. Unless this implacable enemy can be defeated, the Jedi Order is doomed.
And? Is this even to be taken seriously? The Father, The Son, the Daughter, Abeloth, etc are all more powerful then him. I seriously doubt the validness of this quote. Nihilus's telekentic and drain feats are unrivaled throughout the mythos, and his accoaldes are just as/as good as Vitiate's.

Nihilus is more powerful then this.
He will slowly kill all who is in his presense, and his mere speaking will do the same, neither of which you can say the same for about Vitiate.

GenomeFrozener
Newsflash: Nihilus cannot kill immortals. This have been demonstrated in Sion versus Nihilus footage. Cut content or not, this is no excuse to sell Nihilus as capable of beating just anybody.

Also;

- Sith Emperor will destroy Nihilus without much an issue (He have coped with shit that no one else have and I have yet to see a Force power that harms him). Good luck with this.

Her comments give this kind of vibe.

Example:

"If you were to face an ancient Sith lord in combat, you would learn that we are as children playing with toys compared to the prowess of the old masters."

That gave me the impression that she acknowledged their superiority in Lightsaber combat, not out of fear.

S_W_LeGenD
He can and will. They more powerful in a duel almost always wins.
Yes, stronger individual typically have advantage. I do believe that Nihilus can defeat Nyriss and Scourge.

I don't see how they can undermine him. Their Force attacks will never affect him and they cannot close the distance to assault him with lightsabers before he TK and drains them.
What makes you think that Nyriss's and Scourge's powers won't work on Nihilus?

Also, I don't get the distance argument. Are you assuming large gap or small gap between the opponents?

If she attacks first, Nihilus will simply block the attack then kill her.
If this was so easy, what kind of defensive abilities Nihilus have?

I highly doubt a Sith as overwhelmingly powerful as Nihilus could be blitzed. You may as well say that Scourge can blitz the Emperor.
I do not assume that Nihilus is slow like turtle (Being a powerful Force-user, I expect him to very fast in his actions). However, their is good evidence of Nyriss and Scourge specializing in the martial aspects of combat and being much faster then norm. Unfortunately, this is not the case with Nihilus.

As far as Sith Emperor is concerned, he have felled master swordsmen, never got blitzed in any duel and he have enormous combat history. We have proper evidence of his excellence in the matters of Force speed.

The case of Nihilus is vague unfortunately. I realize that Meetra is possibly an expert swordsman and this might be the reason she outdueled Nihilus when the latter's draining powers became non-factor?

When did he do this?
Evidence in SWTOR. You have played this game and you don't remember?

Scourge as of TOR is on a whole new level in comparison to what he was during the time of his service to Nyriss.

No it doesn't.
It does! It provides supernatural vitality to Force-users.

S_W_LeGenD
And? Is this even to be taken seriously? The Father, The Son, the Daughter, Abeloth, etc are all more powerful then him. I seriously doubt the validness of this quote.
Why not?

It assures that Sith Emperor is superior to Nihilus and a contender for TOP-TIER Force-users of the mythos.

I seriously don't get the bias factor in relation to TOR era lore. Deal with it.

Nihilus's telekentic and drain feats are unrivaled throughout the mythos, and his accoaldes are just as/as good as Vitiate's.
Do you have memory problems?

Nihilus doesn't have comparable accolades. Also, Sith Emperor have demonstrated galaxy-wide coverage with Force Drain. Do the math.

Nihilus is more powerful then this.
He will slowly kill all who is in his presense, and his mere speaking will do the same, neither of which you can say the same for about Vitiate.
What that statement reveals is that Nihilus drains his surroundings directly and indirectly. This isn't an indication of his superiority over Sith Emperor.

DarthAnt66
A mere accolade that isn't even true is not better then monstrous feats and just as good accolades.

True...he has better. (I'm in the process of making a respect thread for him)

You mean the one time with Revan? lol.
Do the math:
Nihilus has destroyed numerous planets, can sense force sensitives in the opposite of the galaxy by a mere stray thought, and can drain within a solar systems reach. On top of this, his telekinesis is unrivaled throughout the mythos.

DarthAnt66
Well I didn't lie, just knocked out a couple hours and did a respect thread for Nihilus (much larger then the one Silver2467 did).
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/darth-nihilus-respect-thread/97172/

S_W_LeGenD
A mere accolade that isn't even true is not better then monstrous feats and just as good accolades.
So you like to pick and choose among canon statements? You don't get to decide what is true and what is not at personal capacity.

Debate about "most powerful" is useless because a proper consensus doesn't exists about this matter for Star Wars even at official capacity. Star Wars is an evolving subject and new developments most likely overrule older developments as per Lucas canon rules if I am not mistaken.

- Leeland Chee vouches for The Father (not in lore)
- Legacy lore vouches for Abeloth
- TOR lore vouches for Sith Emperor
- Daniel Wallace vouches for Darth Sidious
- James Luceno vouches for Darth Plagueis

Its a mess to be honest.

So far, TOR lore based candidate is latest in the list.

At minimum, you should believe that Sith Emperor is TOP-TIER material if not exactly the TOP ONE in the context of entire mythos.

True...he has better. (I'm in the process of making a respect thread for him)
I don't have a solution for your delusions.

You mean the one time with Revan? lol.
Do the math:
Nihilus has destroyed numerous planets, can sense force sensitives in the opposite of the galaxy by a mere stray thought, and can drain within a solar systems reach. On top of this, his telekinesis is unrivaled throughout the mythos.
You certainly have memory issues:

Emperor have been siphoning energy from many individuals stationed on Dromund Kaas in addition to doing the same with Revan from far away. Heck, Emperor continuously siphoned energies from his Hand(s) (in particular) even when these individuals would be spread out in various parts of the galaxy for tasks assigned to them by him.

Emperor is an absolute master of Force Drain talents.

If you are not paying attention to revelations, do not bother responding.

Also, you are making shit up about Nihilus. Yes, he have drained on planetary-scale but never from lightyear distances and such. He also doesn't have galactic reach with any of his powers.

Also, Nihilus didn't exactly held his flagship together, Tobin was speculating. When Nihilus fell in battle, his flagship didn't disintegrate as evidence.

On the other hand, Darth Jadus (a Dark Council) member legitimately held his flagship together with his power in the Force when attempt was made to disintegrate it. Imagine the power that this Sith Lord packs on the whole. And Sith Emperor is even more powerful.

Do not mistake leniency of Bioware in exploring Sith Emperor as a sign of the character's weakness. Bioware have made it clear that no one matched Sith Emperor as long as he existed. Heck, Emperor's apprentice destroyed an entire gigantic space station (the size of a large city) with her powers.

DarthAnt66
Vitiate is top tier material.
So is Nihilus.

Delusions? Your a solid brick wall. This dude eats planets for a living.

But those feats you provided are no where near impressive as you make it out to be. laughing out loud

Draining on Dromaund Kaas: Not impressive since he's on the planet.

Draining Revan: Not impressive since Revan was positioned in a fashion for Vitiate to drain him, and Revan can't fight back.

Draining Hands: These individuals worked and ensured the survival of the Emperor, they were basically designed for themselves to be drained.

Go get yourself a hold of Roleplaying Game: Saga Edition Core Rulebook, then go to "distant power" and "devastating power" on page 103.
He can adjust the strength of his power as he wishes, until the point of where he can "increase the range to anywhere in the same star system."

He could sense Jedi from across the galaxy. It's incredible how lacking of knowledge you know of him. Did you even play the game? He *bad word* sensed the Exile from across the galaxy!

That's great, but consider the following:
1. The emperor has never demonstrated this ability.
2. Nihilus did it to numerous, larger ships, and then was able to move them throughout all of the galaxy. And he did this from first literally ripping the ships from a massive and intense gravity vertex.

DarthAnt66

S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate is top tier material.
So is Nihilus.
Difference is that the top one is according to canon but the bottom one is not.

Bottom-line: Sith Emperor > Nihilus

Delusions? Your a solid brick wall. This dude eats planets for a living.
Nihilus could pull off such a feat due to his "black hole like condition" but he didn't have control over such power. Ironically, his greatest strength is not his own but a product of his strange condition.

In the context of sheer scale, Nihilus's feat seems to be most impressive. However, million dollar question is that can be drain a superior Force-user? For all we know, Nihilus might be able to drain on planetary-scale on one end but not a single individual in versus scenario on the other end.

Analogy: Sidious mind-wiped millions of Coruscant citizens at one point but couldn't do so to Yoda.

So scale is not a measure of potency.

But those feats you provided are no where near impressive as you make it out to be. laughing out loud
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Unlike Nihilus, Sith Emperor have absolute control over his powers. This is a measure of true strength and not just a condition.

Draining on Dromaund Kaas: Not impressive since he's on the planet.
roll eyes (sarcastic) The entire planet is a huge place. An individual is not safe from Emperor's powers in any part of this planet.

Assume that you are in USA and I am in Malaysia. Now I have the power to drain you from any distance and begin to drain you from Malaysia. How is this not impressive display of power? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Draining Revan: Not impressive since Revan was positioned in a fashion for Vitiate to drain him, and Revan can't fight back.
The impressive act is the lightyear distance factor in this case. It is not possible to drain someone from lightyear distances even if that someone is incapacitated or something without unprecedented mastery over Force Drain talents.

Draining Hands: These individuals worked and ensured the survival of the Emperor, they were basically designed for themselves to be drained.
These individuals weren't designed to be drained you idiot. Sith Emperor drained these individuals and this left them powerless and not beneficial in the matters of combat and offensive operations. In addition, the individuals could die from exposure to this kind of power so Emperor granted them immortality or prolonged their lives as long as he wished. These individuals were labeled as hands and Sith Emperor would assign them tasks other then combat.

Go get yourself a hold of Roleplaying Game: Saga Edition Core Rulebook, then go to "distant power" and "devastating power" on page 103.
He can adjust the strength of his power as he wishes, until the point of where he can "increase the range to anywhere in the same star system."
If he could drain on star system scale, why didn't he? He was persistent about draining every living being and expanding the range would be to his benefit because this would reduce his travelling process. However, we don't see this happen in lore.

He could sense Jedi from across the galaxy. It's incredible how lacking of knowledge you know of him. Did you even play the game? He *bad word* sensed the Exile from across the galaxy!
How exactly did he sense Exile from across the galaxy? Wasn't Exile a wound during this time?

That's great, but consider the following:
1. The emperor has never demonstrated this ability.
Just because Emperor haven't been demonstrated performing this kind of feat, doesn't implies that he cannot. Emperor is more powerful then those who can pull off this kind of feat which implies that he can do better in comparison. Emperor haven't been explicitly depicted to lift a rock, doesn't means he cannot. Use common sense.

2. Nihilus did it to numerous, larger ships, and then was able to move them throughout all of the galaxy. And he did this from first literally ripping the ships from a massive and intense gravity vertex.
This is stated where? Nihilus's fleet was functioning without his aid when Exile and co. boarded his flagship.

DarthAnt66
In a fight? No.

He drains Traya, and on Katarr were the "the most powerful Jedi" still alive.

Nihilus doesn't have control because the power is so much more immense then Vitiate's.

So Dromaund Kaas is as large as a solar system? laughing out loud

laughing You don't need to control your Force Drain talents...he canonically can drain a solar systems distance. Fact>>Your opinion. Get over it.

What the hell did you think he did? He destroyed numerous planets, probably entire solar systems.

If Vitiate could drain across the galaxy, why the hell couldn't he solo Coruscant's Jedi? mad

Go ask the writers, all that matters is that he did.

The fact the ship was functioning is a common unknown throughout fans. The common theory was his spirit was still their (via armor), and he was still able to keep it together. Also, have you even played KOTOR2? Like seriously?

"This ship... is it his weakness? It should not exist, yet it cruises the darkness between the stars. He tore it from the mass shadows of Malachor, along with his fleet...that is a measure of his power.
This ship is barely holding itself together. The structural damage should have destroyed it long ago."
"He holds it together."

S_W_LeGenD

DarthAnt66
She wasn't afraid of him? And "assumption"? Traya taught Nihilus how to do all the draining and the powers, she would know.

What? lol He senses her through the force, as stated, and asks Marr if she senses it, and she does, then Nihilus orders her to find the Exile.

DarthAnt66
Let's look at your claims so far, shall we?
1. Vitiate has better draining abilities then Darth Nihilus.
-Evidence supported is laughed at compared to that of Nihilus.
2. Darth Nihilus is not impressive because he cannot control his power.
-This is laughed over because it is irrelevant. Power is power, and he could use the power. I would argue that IF he had control over it, his abilities would be lesser then what they actually are.

Those are the main things, and I already forsee you will not back down against your "all mighty" Sith Emperor ^

S_W_LeGenD
In a fight? No.
Power makes difference in combat, genius. Even a kid understands this simple fact.

He drains Traya, and on Katarr were the "the most powerful Jedi" still alive.
Nihilus is/was stronger then all of these individuals on separate basis. This is why.

Nihilus doesn't have control because the power is so much more immense then Vitiate's.
This doesn't makes any sense.

If Nihilus was natural, he wouldn't have managed to pull off planetary-scale devastation. His strange condition of feeding on others granted him such capability. Try to understand this matter.

So Dromaund Kaas is as large as a solar system? laughing out loud
You missed the point; your "not impressive" comment is lame.

laughing You don't need to control your Force Drain talents...he canonically can drain a solar systems distance. Fact>>Your opinion. Get over it.
What kind of bullshit is this? A Force-user should have absolute control over his actions and powers. This shouldn't be a condition-mediated development.

What the hell did you think he did? He destroyed numerous planets, probably entire solar systems.
Provide SOLID PROOF.

If Vitiate could drain across the galaxy, why the hell couldn't he solo Coruscant? mad
Because their would be no story to tell then.

Go ask the writers, all that matters is that he did.
No, you are not making sense. You are not providing proof.

The fact the ship was functioning is a common unknown throughout fans. The common theory was his spirit was still their (via armor), and he was still able to keep it together. Also, have you even played KOTOR2? Like seriously?
This doesn't makes any sense either. Fanon about Nihilus have crossed sanity levels.

"This ship... is it his weakness? It should not exist, yet it cruises the darkness between the stars. He tore it from the mass shadows of Malachor, along with his fleet...that is a measure of his power.
This ship is barely holding itself together. The structural damage should have destroyed it long ago."
"He holds it together."
Yes, a speculation from a crew member of Ravager.

S_W_LeGenD
She wasn't afraid of him? And "assumption"? Traya taught Nihilus how to do all the draining and the powers, she would know.
Traya was afraid after the betrayal. She sought revenge and opportunity came when she found Meetra.

Traya teaching Nihilus about Force Drain is irrelevant.

What? lol He senses her through the force, as stated, and asks Marr if she senses it, and she does, then Nihilus orders her to find the Exile.
No, you didn't understand it.

This happens:

Kriea's union with the Exile creates a vergence in the Force that reconnects them to the energy field surrounding all living things.

Nihilus and Visas sense this development and Nihilus commands Visas to investigate.

S_W_LeGenD
Let's look at your claims so far, shall we?
1. Vitiate has better draining abilities then Darth Nihilus.
-Evidence supported is laughed at compared to that of Nihilus.
Sith Emperor had galactic coverage with his Force Drain powers and he also siphoned energies from many individuals irrespective of where they would be located. Nothing to laugh here.

2. Darth Nihilus is not impressive because he cannot control his power.
-This is laughed over because it is irrelevant. Power is power, and he could use the power. I would argue that IF he had control over it, his abilities would be lesser then what they actually are.

Those are the main things, and I already forsee you will not back down against your "all mighty" Sith Emperor ^
Issue with Darth Nihilus is that his most epic feats are manifestations of his wound cum blackhole condition. Nihilus is certainly very powerful but he doesn't matches Sith Emperor.

Sith Emperor is legitimately supremely powerful in the ways of the Force. Nihilus is an anomaly.

DarthAnt66
This is completely your speculation.

"She tracks down a disturbance that turns out to be the Exile."
-kotorcg
No mention of Traya or the link ^

This is irrelevant.
You deem things weak because it happens a certain way.
How it happens is irrelevant, and his "blackhole condition" would do the same to the Emperor as well.

Yes, and Nihilus wields more raw power then Vitiate, as demonstrated by his better feats.

And? The combined might of a 100 Jedi + the most powerful alive + a species of force sensitives is more powerful in force power then Nihilus.

You act as if I denied this statement?

Like your mom last night. smokin'

A couple things:
1. Nihilus has some control over this.
2. The fact he has no control grants him abilities he other wise wouldn't have, such as the fact his speech/pressance means death to all around him. Other wise, he would have to "turn on and off" this ability, which can leave him vulnerable.

laughing laughing laughing laughing
You, of all people, are saying this?
Like the proof you have that Kreia fears Nihilus or the ancient Sith?
Like the proof you have Vitiate can survive Nihilus's drain?
Like the proof you have Nihilus's drain is not impressive?

He is stated to have destroyed numerous planets, and also stated to be able to amplify his abilities within a solar systems reach. There's your proof. More then you have yet to provide.

? Provide a better explanation. He holds the ship together, and his spirit was still their (via quotes saying after he died, his spirit traveled with his armor). It makes perfect sense.

All of Vitiate's draining feats are purely under circumstances and NEVER seen in battle. His draining feats require him to stay in his little castle on Dromaund Kaas, and use extreme concentration on people who allow themselves/are defenseless against it. He has NEVER displayed the ability to drain planets on such a scale as Nihilus have.'

I provided numerous quotes supporting such. That is defined as proof. What you are doing is called "ignoring the proof."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq_2TmCROeY
Go watch this ^
"It was not MY wish to challenge you."
This is the third damn quote I gave you saying Nihilus told Marr to hunt down the Exile.

I take this as your concession to the thread

DarthAnt66
Also, do me a favor and checkout my respect thread on him...I made it for u. wink
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/darth-nihilus-respect-thread/97172/

S_W_LeGenD
Like your mom last night. smokin'
Don't ever disrespect my mom in this manner, you piece of shit.

Keep your responses relevant.

Before you type something, keep in mind that people from different cultural backgrounds post here and you don't have the liberty to insult them in this fashion.

Until you will apologize to me, I won't be responding to your debates.

queeq

Intrepid37
lol

S_W_LeGenD
lol
What's so funny about this?

People should learn to respect women (mothers, sisters and wives) of other individuals. Those who don't have sick minds.

Intrepid37
What's so funny about this?

People should learn to respect women (mothers, sisters and wives) of other individuals. Those who don't have sick minds.
Yeah, I agree. Ant is a renowned troll across various boards; a ban would be appropriate.

DarthAnt66
Yeah, I agree. Ant is a renowned troll across various boards; a ban would be appropriate.
You mean the other boards where you banned me because I told you to stop spamming pornographic content and so you came here and decided to spam here?

Nephthys
Oh shut up you guys. Keep your bickerings private.

DarthAnt66
http://twilight.ponychan.net/chan/files/src/134708832161.png

Nephthys
You filthy hypocrite, posting pornographic content. You'd disgust me if I wasn't fapping.

Intrepid37
You mean the other boards where you banned me because I told you to stop spamming pornographic content and so you came here and decided to spam here?
No, I mean across various boards where you've earned bans for your trollish behavior.

DarthAnt66
I didn't post any porn. That's disgusting, and against my religion.
Can't say the same for ROTJ Vader and Intrepid.

That's the only forum I'm banned from.

Intrepid37
No, I agree. My very religious nature prevents me from commiting such crimes as to spam porn on online boards.

That's the only forum I'm banned from.
More than me. wink

Nephthys

I was implying that I am sexually attracted to a my little pony. no expression

Intrepid37
Maybe Ant should spam beastiality next time.

King Joker

DarthAnt66

Ah, well then I apologize when your girl walks in your room and sees a mountain of white.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/28500000/OMGOSH-so-cute-Pinkie-Pie-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-28577681-894-894.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XjAQz0_5lNs/UWB__G-k8fI/AAAAAAAAFac/VOET0iIo9rc/s1600/My+Little+Pony+Lead.jpg

http://media.giphy.com/media/LaIt64KmQ46NG/giphy.gif

http://unhingedmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/My-Little-Pony-Friendship-is-Magic-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-33207334-1097-620.png

NemeBro
> Implying Nepthys has ever had a girlfriend.

Nephthys
I know, that made me laugh. What a loser.

At least he can spell though.

DarthAnt66
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aRgPjx_Pr4A/Ufcho3jQlkI/AAAAAAAAKRk/MIf9zyWBBy8/s640/spiderman-look-at-him-and-laugh.jpeg

Darth Abonis
Wow I'm sorry I created this thread. It just led to a huge, unrelated fight .

DarthAnt66
Well we started off with Nihilus, then got into a debate, which led to an insult competition, which flowed into a my little pony spam thread, in which finally involved at laughing at Neph with spiderman memes.

The Merchant
Nihilus is pretty OP.

GenomeFrozener
Originally posted by NemeBro
> Implying Nepthys has ever had a girlfriend.

I'm Nep's butbuddy, what now?

Freedon Nadd
1. Lord Vitiate was forging his True Sith Empire,but he was afraid of Darth Nihilus,given the fact he had spies all over the,galaxy.

2. Nihilus can consume a star system distance,it is wrote in KotOR II he devoured countless planets,and it was in a short time during the game.

3. Who would not be afraid of Nihilus,the Grim Reaper of Star Wars Universe!?

4. The whole thing Traya was scared of Vitiate is pointless,prior that time Vitiate was not even created,so there's no reason to debate further. Traya made that reference of Old Sith to Marka Ragnos,Naga Sadow,or Tulak Hord,these are,you can know this when he tells you about them on Korriban.

Whether if it was about Nihilus' raw power,or military power,or dark side Sith knowledge it is unknown,the last two are more "credibile" as a source to Nihilus.

5. At least Nathema was visited by Scourge and Nyriss,there was still a "habitable" planet,but Katarr had devoured even its atmosphere and its oxygen by Darth Nihilus.

Source: Remember when Nihilus walked on the surface of the Katarr,Visas Marr was fainted,which indicates the loss of oxygen. Given the fact we know that it was not used any bombardment,only Nihilus' pure raw power.

Conclusion: Vitiate was truly afraid of The Lord of Hunger,and that was another main reason he remained hidden in the exile to make his empire stronger and ready to crush the Republic.

Note: Had Nihilus ever roamed over Dromund Kaas,he would have devoured the Sith Emperor and his Sith followers. With the power gained from Vitiate he would have rendered the known galaxy to the greatest Wound in the Force ever seen.

Vitiate is powerful,but not quite a "top-notcher".

AncientPower
He would be an imbecile if he weren't, assuming Vitiate even knew of Nihilus.

DarthAnt66
He probably didn't know him at all. At the utmost, he sensed his massive Force presence and disturbances in the Force, but based off the Revan novel, he could have just as easily assumed that to be credited to Revan.

Selenial
No, I agree. My very religious nature prevents me from commiting such crimes as to spam porn on online boards.

confused

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yes. Just like the ancient sith spirits. An Emperor desperately consolidating his power would fear an entity that could threaten his desperate consolidation of power. thumb up

Trocity
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
1. Lord Vitiate was forging his True Sith Empire,but he was afraid of Darth Nihilus,given the fact he had spies all over the,galaxy.

2. Nihilus can consume a star system distance,it is wrote in KotOR II he devoured countless planets,and it was in a short time during the game.

3. Who would not be afraid of Nihilus,the Grim Reaper of Star Wars Universe!?

4. The whole thing Traya was scared of Vitiate is pointless,prior that time Vitiate was not even created,so there's no reason to debate further. Traya made that reference of Old Sith to Marka Ragnos,Naga Sadow,or Tulak Hord,these are,you can know this when he tells you about them on Korriban.

Whether if it was about Nihilus' raw power,or military power,or dark side Sith knowledge it is unknown,the last two are more "credibile" as a source to Nihilus.

5. At least Nathema was visited by Scourge and Nyriss,there was still a "habitable" planet,but Katarr had devoured even its atmosphere and its oxygen by Darth Nihilus.

Source: Remember when Nihilus walked on the surface of the Katarr,Visas Marr was fainted,which indicates the loss of oxygen. Given the fact we know that it was not used any bombardment,only Nihilus' pure raw power.

Conclusion: Vitiate was truly afraid of The Lord of Hunger,and that was another main reason he remained hidden in the exile to make his empire stronger and ready to crush the Republic.

Note: Had Nihilus ever roamed over Dromund Kaas,he would have devoured the Sith Emperor and his Sith followers. With the power gained from Vitiate he would have rendered the known galaxy to the greatest Wound in the Force ever seen.

Vitiate is powerful,but not quite a "top-notcher".

Man you wank Nihilus hard.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Selenial
confused

LMAO

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yes. Just like the ancient sith spirits. An Emperor desperately consolidating his power would fear an entity that could threaten his desperate consolidation of power. thumb up

Thanks for your understanding. smile wink

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by Trocity

Are you implying I am wrong?

This is *true*,and it wouldn't surprise me if the Sith Emperor loses against the Lord of Hunger.

Nihilus>Vitiate stick out tongue

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by Trocity

Nihilus wank is an eye sore tbh

Much easier to kill it when you're not just discussing Star Wars vs battles however :hmm

Thank you appeal to ignorance/no limits variant of the fallacy

Sinious
Thanks for your understanding. smile wink

I don't think he is agreeing with you.

More like he is saying that its obvious that Vitiate feared potential rivalry but that doesn't mean that potential rivalry was more powerful than him.

Sinious
My take on this:

-There is literally nothing that proves Nihilus could harm someone who is more powerful than him with his drain.
-Even if he could harm someone who is more powerful than him like Yoda, it would still be more unlikely with Vitiate because Vitiate is aligned with the dark side as well and is a master of draining. So it is more likely that he could defend against it.
-Kreia knew more about Nihilus and his nature than anyone else yet her opinion contradicts with the claims made here.
-If Nihilus' drain is truly unique like some people suggest, then why did Kreia say "Nihilus is using the same technique that the ancients used"?
-Some people may say that Kreia was lying but if she did lie, then it would be in favor of Nihilus wankage because she wanted the Exile to take the sith threat seriously and Kreia herself obviously cared more about the present sith than the ancient ones.
-Kreia also says that Nihilus is not as powerful as them.
-Vitiate is confirmed to be the most powerful sith amongst the ancients and surpasses every sith and jedi that came before him in both raw power and knowledge of the force.
-Vitiate simply has better feats and accolades than Nihilus.

So what does that tell us? Nihilus is a very blurry character that cannot be gauged properly with the current information we have out there. Not to mention he has endless incarnations. When we put him in versus threads, are we talking bout the Nihilus who recently drained Katarr or the one that faced the Exile or perhaps Nihilus from another instance of the game? But based on what we know right now, a learnt opinion absent fanboyism would suggest that Nihilus is not the OP monster that could defeat even top tier sith/jedi but he is one of the most powerful force users in the mythos who has a unique connection to the force and has a hax drain power. The problem is, people are forgetting that Nihilus isn't the only one with haxx abilities.

DarthAnt66
Nearly every point you just made was retarded and worthy of tribal sacrifice.

Sinious
Now that isn't something that Christ would say. sad

DarthAnt66
It's something the Revanchrist would say though. thumb up

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii296/Valoo834/Revanchrist.jpg

Sinious
Thats cause he is stupid.

I hope you were just trolling Legend in this thread cause your posts were truly illogical and contradict with even what you believe today which is Vitiate>Nihilus. So explain how you hated my post. thumb up

DarthAnt66
You mean the posts from 16 months ago? laughing out loud

Sinious
Oh sorry I forgot that 16 months is a very long time for a 12 years old kid.

DarthAnt66
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7104/7304572358_a878ff52c1.jpg

Your butthurt amuses me. You stole Neph's joke though, which is pretty lame.

And indeed, 16 months is a long time in comparison to the 20ish months you have been here, and the 30ish months I have been.

Sinious
Yet you disagree with me dude(not that you are a man yet or will ever be one someday) even as of now . So explain or stfu.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Sinious
(not that you are a man yet or will ever be one someday).
NGL that insult made you sound more... gay(er) than normal.

Even Neph could have came up with something better, tbh.

I'll let you try again. thumb up

So explain or stfu.
Give me three reasons why you are worth my time and I'll consider it.

Sinious

Cause I'm smarter, richer and better looking?

Nephthys
No, I endorse Sinious' insult. You're doing good work man, keep it up. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Cause I'm smarter
We both know that's not true.

richer
If we are judging the importance of discussions by one's wealth, why do you talk to Fated or Bantha at all? mmm

and better looking
Comparing your looks to a "12 year old kid?"

Sounds pedophilish.

There we go. Someone likes you Sinious, see?

Sinious
See I like to keep things vague and funny even with people like you but you can't keep yourself from doing or saying something that will make people hate you even more. Congratz with that last post buddy. All Im gonna respond to that is, at least I'm not the who is afraid of masturbating cause I think my dead relatives would see me doing it. thumb up

Thanks dude(now that feels more appropriate).

DarthAnt66
Sinious satisfied with the possibility his dead relatives watch him masturbate, it seems.

Kinky. wink

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Sinious, he crossed that line a while ago, tbh.

DarthAnt66
Kinky. wink

Sinious
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Sinious, he crossed that line a while ago, tbh.

Really? I always thought his childish outbursts were caused by his accumulated sexual frustration. I guess he is simply this horrible by nature.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
he crossed it whilst masterbating to the thought of his dead kittens.

Kinky. wink

DarthAnt66
I thought my Bantha PETA jokes were acceptable, tbh.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
ARL>>>

NTJack0
Nihilus>Vitiate dude.

Fated Xtasy

https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8019B6/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5ki78lVzt1rsd9coo1_500.gif

Cause I'm smarter, richer and better looking?

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ko56SKAB1rsy50k.gif

Sinious
This guys gets it. yes

NewGuy01
Vitiate fries Nihilus with a glance, but he's still afraid of him because fear is supposedly his defining character trait.

Freedon Nadd
My take on this:

-There is literally nothing that proves Nihilus could harm someone who is more powerful than him with his drain.
-Even if he could harm someone who is more powerful than him like Yoda, it would still be more unlikely with Vitiate because Vitiate is aligned with the dark side as well and is a master of draining. So it is more likely that he could defend against it.
-Kreia knew more about Nihilus and his nature than anyone else yet her opinion contradicts with the claims made here.
-If Nihilus' drain is truly unique like some people suggest, then why did Kreia say "Nihilus is using the same technique that the ancients used"?
-Some people may say that Kreia was lying but if she did lie, then it would be in favor of Nihilus wankage because she wanted the Exile to take the sith threat seriously and Kreia herself obviously cared more about the present sith than the ancient ones.
-Kreia also says that Nihilus is not as powerful as them.
-Vitiate is confirmed to be the most powerful sith amongst the ancients and surpasses every sith and jedi that came before him in both raw power and knowledge of the force.
-Vitiate simply has better feats and accolades than Nihilus.

So what does that tell us? Nihilus is a very blurry character that cannot be gauged properly with the current information we have out there. Not to mention he has endless incarnations. When we put him in versus threads, are we talking bout the Nihilus who recently drained Katarr or the one that faced the Exile or perhaps Nihilus from another instance of the game? But based on what we know right now, a learnt opinion absent fanboyism would suggest that Nihilus is not the OP monster that could defeat even top tier sith/jedi but he is one of the most powerful force users in the mythos who has a unique connection to the force and has a hax drain power. The problem is, people are forgetting that Nihilus isn't the only one with haxx abilities.

-All those on Katarr combined were stronger than him,and he nommed them in a few seconds.
-Any source to back that up,that Vitiate is immune to Force drain? You know,punching you doesn't mean you can't punch me!? stick out tongue
-No,her opinions don't contradict themselves,you were just not paying attention to her words. wink
-Kreia says,it is a technique old almost as the ancient Sith themselves,it is not a technique of the Sith,it is a technique,but not of the Sith,next time read with more attention.
-Kreia did not lie about that,that *Wounding* technique,it is not of the Sith.
-That line is very blurry,we don't know if she meant about conquests,military power,knowledge or personal raw power,the first three are the most reasonable.
-And I remembered somewhere that it said Exar Kun was the most powerful Sith of them all in the Old Republic. wink This ultimately proves that the lores from Star Wars at *the most powerful* term always contradict themselves.
-Vitiate's feats usually take place on dark side nexuses,or aided by someone else,though I won't deny his TP.
-Nihilus doesn't have any connection to the Force,he was ripped from it,we don't know even if it was a Force-sensitive before his *birth*. Nihilus was literally a black hole in the very fabric of the Force.
Say what you want,but Nihilus>Vitiate

And we don't have any source of him being immune to Force drain,let alone Nihilus' Hunger. wink

It might appear you don't know a thing about Nihilus,it might *appear*,just. Either you were trying to piss me off,or you really didn't know that.

Nihilus is that truly OP monster,he is technically the Grim Reaper of Star Wars Universe,his design was inspired by the Reaper and No-Face.
But Nihilus is one of them,TK,Hunger,Far Sight,a few but three of most important powers for a Dark Lord(His Hunger is only his,don't count it for others too)

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Vitiate fries Nihilus with a glance, but he's still afraid of him because fear is supposedly his defining character trait.

Nihilus desintegrates Vitiate with a gesture,but he will still eat him because the hunger is supposedly his defining character trait. stick out tongue smile big grin

Freedon Nadd
I don't think he is agreeing with you.

More like he is saying that its obvious that Vitiate feared potential rivalry but that doesn't mean that potential rivalry was more powerful than him.

I think he agreed with me... smile big grin

Oh you Sidious,everything has to be the you want it to be,throw yourself into the core of the Death Star. :P

Sinious
-All those on Katarr combined were stronger than him,and he nommed them in a few seconds.
-Any source to back that up,that Vitiate is immune to Force drain? You know,punching you doesn't mean you can't punch me!? stick out tongue
-No,her opinions don't contradict themselves,you were just not paying attention to her words. wink
-Kreia says,it is a technique old almost as the ancient Sith themselves,it is not a technique of the Sith,it is a technique,but not of the Sith,next time read with more attention.
-Kreia did not lie about that,that *Wounding* technique,it is not of the Sith.
-That line is very blurry,we don't know if she meant about conquests,military power,knowledge or personal raw power,the first three are the most reasonable.
-And I remembered somewhere that it said Exar Kun was the most powerful Sith of them all in the Old Republic. wink This ultimately proves that the lores from Star Wars at *the most powerful* term always contradict themselves.
-Vitiate's feats usually take place on dark side nexuses,or aided by someone else,though I won't deny his TP.
-Nihilus doesn't have any connection to the Force,he was ripped from it,we don't know even if it was a Force-sensitive before his *birth*. Nihilus was literally a black hole in the very fabric of the Force.
Say what you want,but Nihilus>Vitiate

And we don't have any source of him being immune to Force drain,let alone Nihilus' Hunger. wink

It might appear you don't know a thing about Nihilus,it might *appear*,just. Either you were trying to piss me off,or you really didn't know that.

Nihilus is that truly OP monster,he is technically the Grim Reaper of Star Wars Universe,his design was inspired by the Reaper and No-Face.
But Nihilus is one of them,TK,Hunger,Far Sight,a few but three of most important powers for a Dark Lord(His Hunger is only his,don't count it for others too)

-So Vitiate>8000 Sith Lords+an entire planet confirmed? Defeating countless weaklings isn't the same as standing against a powerful individual.
-Vitiate is a master of drain whereas Nihilus has no TP feats. How is Nihilus gonna drain him when Vitiate takes over his weak mind?
-I didn't say they contradict themselves, I said they contradict with your arguments. Did you even play the game or know the dialogue I'm referring to?
-What? Not that I agree with what you said but all I said was "Nihilus is using the same technique that the ancients used". Also, Kriea doesn't say "old almost as the ancient sith", she outright says the technique haven't been used since the time of ancient Sith. You're the one with reading problems. thumb up
-Wounding technique? When did Kreia even use those words? Stop making s*** up. Her explanation of the drain is force connections touched by the dark side and therefor letting the darksider consume the other party. Kreia says Nihilus mastered THIS technique and then again bluntly says "He may even rival some of the ancient sith". So explain why I should take your words more seriously than Kreia's or concede.
-Vitiate also surpassed the ancient sith. His feats and accolades prove as much where Nihilus hasn't even defeated a single near top tier opponent.
-What? His most impressive combat feat isnt even on nexus and you said its aided by someone else? Give me one instance where someone aids Vitiate in combat. Everytime he faced someone, he did it by himself. Again, stop making stuff up.
-What's your point here? That Nihilus is immune to force attacks?
LOL don't pretend like you've actually proven something.

Nihilus' hunger isnt a different technique. Kreia confirms that it is exactly the same technique that the ancients used.

"It is a technique that has been lost for some time. Not seen in the days since the ancient Sith. They can use it to consume other force sensitives... The blind seer, her master harnessed this technique and he is rapidly approaching the height of its power. I fear he may even rival some of the ancient Sith." - Darth Kreia

As you can see, you are the one who doesn't know anything about Nihilus. Go and ask Ant to educate you.

SunRazer
I love how Nihilus supporters talk about Vitiate's feats always having circumstances relating to them. Just about all of Nihilus' feats included circumstances like him being amped.

Nephthys
Can Nihilus get amped?

Sinious
Well his power level is purely dependent on how much he had drained recently so the dude is kinda the personification of amp.

Freedon Nadd

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by SunRazer
I love how Nihilus supporters talk about Vitiate's feats always having circumstances relating to them. Just about all of Nihilus' feats included circumstances like him being amped.

Nihilus was never amped to my knowledge,nowhere in the KotOR lore. confused

Sinious
@ Freedon Nadd

So the uniqueness of Nihilus is not his drain but his own connection to the Force? Got it.

That unique connection unfortunately doesn't put Nihilus above Vitiate.

Give me one combat achievement of Nihilus that is comparable to what Vitiate can bring.

NewGuy01
Ragdolling, crushing, electrocuting, and draining Sion with such intensity everyone else onboard is disintegrated. :woah:

That's like... Atton Rand level man. What's Vitiate got to compete with a KOTOR II comp? I mean, we all know per the text Meetra would have rekt Vitiate with one saber throw if it weren't for Revan's weakness holding her back.

Sinious
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Ragdolling, crushing, electrocuting, and draining Sion with such intensity everyone else onboard is disintegrated. :woah:

That's like... Atton Rand level man. What's Vitiate got to compete with a KOTOR II comp? I mean, we all know per the text Meetra would have rekt Vitiate with one saber throw if it weren't for Revan's weakness holding her back.

Now that made me reevaluate the entire TOR era. Nihilus > Vitiate confirmed. Learn from this Nadd.

Freedon Nadd
@ Freedon Nadd

So the uniqueness of Nihilus is not his drain but his own connection to the Force? Got it.

That unique connection unfortunately doesn't put Nihilus above Vitiate.

Give me one combat achievement of Nihilus that is comparable to what Vitiate can bring.

Nihilus has no connection to the Force. Facepalm

Nihilus instinctively did in moments what took Vitiate decades to prepare and days enact. Katarr and Nathema were mirrors of each other. The reason he was defeated by the Exile is because of her particular nature as a wound in the Force,there isn't much that could hope to actually stand against Nihilus.

Admittedly, he could never have been the threat to the Galaxy that Vitiate was, but his nature makes him essentially invincible... other than the distinct possibility of starving to death. That's really the difference between them. Vitiate was immortal but not invincible, Nihilus was invincible but not immortal.

I don't like pitting anyone against Nihilus in a WWW situation. Nihilus is an object of great weirdness in the Star Wars universe. He essentially sucks the Force right out of anyone using it, and that means anyone. No matter how strong they are they can't really help but be drained by Nihilus's ability. Vitiate would get drained immediately.
And this is not to say Vitiate is weaker than Nihilus. But when you fight Nihilus it's not about strength or skill, if you're using the Force then you've lost.
The Exile is the only person who could have possibly defeated Nihilus simply because of the way she drew upon the Force. That is why I find asking "Darth Nihilus vs. X" almost pointless. Everyone would lose with the exception of those who draw upon the Force like the Exile did.

Sinious
%100 speculation.

Come to me when Nihilus actually has impressive showings and not vague(by your admittance) accolades and context lacking feats.

DarthAnt66
Come to me when Nihilus actually has impressive showings and not vague(by your admittance) accolades and context lacking feats.
no expression That was stupid and you know it. Even ignoring his planet-drain and fleet lifting, he has a lot of those.

Sinious
One-shotting Traya, stomping Sion & friends, stunning Meetra & friends. All very impressive. Just nothing that put him above Vitiate.

And if we are to use his planet drain, I can easily bring up Vitiate's Dark Council one-shotting as they're feats of similar nature in context lacking.

DarthAnt66
I wasn't discussing his superiority over Vitiate since he isn't.

Just feats in general.

And you forgot how he ragdolled Meetra & friends a **** ton.

Sinious
Nihilus is potentially top 5 Sith material. I don't include him in my top list cause he is really hard to place so I know he is impressive. You should acknowledge the context of what I said earlier.

DarthAnt66
We have enough context for his drain and fleet feats.

The same people who deny them probably deny a lot of the Ancient feat's.

It just goes to standards, tbh. I don't require PT calibur showings to make a judgment.

Sinious
Im not sure how the drain feat has more context than the council feat tbh.

DarthAnt66
I... don't know how. We know:

- Duration of Drain: "Less than an hour."
- Max. Distance of Drain: Star System.
- Difficulty of Drain: "...a thought."
- Result of Drain: Cleansing of a planet.

What else is required?

Sinious
A thought? Didn't he speak and thats how the drain started?

Freedon Nadd
One-shotting Traya, stomping Sion & friends, stunning Meetra & friends. All very impressive. Just nothing that put him above Vitiate.

And if we are to use his planet drain, I can easily bring up Vitiate's Dark Council one-shotting as they're feats of similar nature in context lacking.

Meetra Surik defeated Nihilus(weakened and starved+her blackhole-ish nature),she fought Sion and defeated him in belief on Malachor V,in the Trayus Academy,a very potent nexus of the dark side,she defeated a plenty of Sith Marauders,Dark Jedi,all under the influence of a miasma of dark energies,she defeated Darth Traya. The Exile fought with strong adversaries,take into account they were on a dark side centre.

Traya even says she is greater than any other of her students,including Revan.

Say what you want,but the Jedi Exile was not a weakling,and she could learn a lightsaber form in a few moments of a lightsaber duel.

In the TOR:Revan,Meetra somehow manages to heal herself,and the reason she looked so bad,was because of Dromund Kaas' dark side presence that put her down.

I think you need to understand something:

FOL:

1. Vitiate had spent in exile on Dromund Kaas forging his True Sith Empire to attack the Republic,he learned ancient Sith powers,he developed his own powers.

2. Nihilus was just a mere man when the Mass Shadow Generator was activated and it cleansed all the life and the Force on Malachor V,except the Trayus Academy as we see in the game.

3. Vitiate needed a ritual,8000 Sith Lords,preparations to strip a planet off of Force.
Nihilus didn't spend his time learning Sith teachings,dark side powers,he gained his *Hunger* from the Mass Shadow Generator.

4. When you examine the Ritual of Nathema and the Incident of Malachor V,it is obvious that both manifested in different way to Vitiate and Nihilus.

The Ritual of Nathema was risky,but the Sith Emperor managed to control the outcome of the situation and made himself immortal. Basically that act was made still through the Force.
The Incident of Malachor V was horrifying,Nihilus managed to *tank* something that killed the very own fabric of Force on that planet,yet turning him into the Abberation Darth Nihilus-The Lord of Hunger.
It is amazing,that Nihilus succeeded in retaining his/its *consciousness*,at least basic.

P.S: Nihilus>Vitiate

Freedon Nadd

DarthAnt66
No I didn't.

Freedon Nadd
No I didn't.

Oh I got it. wink smile

I know what you mean now. Really! smile

S_W_LeGenD
@Freedon Nadd

You are overlooking Vitiate's feats on planet Ziost.

Freedon Nadd
@Freedon Nadd

You are overlooking Vitiate's feats on planet Ziost.

Ziost is a dark side nexus,though.

ChaosTheory123
His original ritual had him consume all the energy of the largest Dark Side Nexus ever made

http://i.imgur.com/1kxRNLZ.png

^Straight from The Old Republic Encyclopedia's "The Sith Emperor" entry. The header of the specific section was "The Taking".

Really not that hard to follow

Up until the time of Sidious, Vitiate had more raw power at his finger tips than anyone previously barring accolades I'm unaware of

He's Star Wars' answer to Kefka in terms of how he grew in power

Kefka nommed the Warring Triad

Vitiate led a ritual that forged the largest Dark Side nexus and proceeded to nom it all to the point he left behind a planet sized void in the Force.

This "he was on a nexus" crutch is really kind of silly in the face of that

How long it took doesn't actually matter once the power came to be under his disposal having absorbed it.

The Merchant
Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it sounds like Vitiate HIMSELF was the Dark Side Nexus rather than Medriass being the nexus, which makes it far more impressive imo.

ChaosTheory123
Really only semantics given the end result is Vitiate houses a ****ton of power for it

SunRazer
Almost all of the Nihilus quotes are hyperbole, lol.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by The Merchant
Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it sounds like Vitiate HIMSELF was the Dark Side Nexus rather than Medriass being the nexus, which makes it far more impressive imo.

Well Medriaas was under the influence of another Dark Lord of the Sith if I am not mistaken,Vitiate's father,Lord Dramath.

Also the dark side nexus doesn't refer only to Vitiate,it refers to him and the 8000 Dark Lords that assisted him in the ritual to consume the life-force on Medriaas.

So IMO,that's not so impressive. wink

SunRazer
Neither is the fact that all of Nihilus' feats were performed in the proximity of the Ravager or Malachor V, both locations saturated in the dark side which amped Nihilus profusely.

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by SunRazer
Neither is the fact that all of Nihilus' feats were performed in the proximity of the Ravager or Malachor V, both locations saturated in the dark side which amped Nihilus profusely.

Not pretending being a trollinator,a Forceass or a smartass...

The Ravager itself being a dark side nexus? If it was,then that should have been written already in the KotOR lore,and those who were on it,I mean the *bad ones* should have been amped,but they were not,and neither that is passed into the lore.

You do realize that after the Mass Shadow Generator was activated,it cleansed of life and Force almost all the planet,save for the Trayus Academy!? confused

How could have been Nihilus amped,if Malachor V was described a major Wound in the Force?

confused

Nihilus:

1. Ate Katarr,and he was sated for 1 year,which means the planet along with the Jedi,Miraluka were strong in the Force,stronger than Nihilus,since sated for such a period his appetite,he ate since then other countless planets too.

2. He tore apart Malachor V in half and took his Ravager and his fleets... He kept the ghost-ship with his own sheer-will and own-power,he kept his zombie-crew alive,maintained a living atmosphere,all doing that even when he was starved and weakened.

Not impressive,huh!? :P

3. He drained Traya's powers with Sion,thought that was before his prime,when he was still a *little Hunger*.

TBH,in the cutscene all I saw was Nihilus eating Traya's powers and Sion only kicking her ass of Jedi Historian. Pretty weird,IMO! Hmmm...

4. He was able to sense the Exile far across the galaxy,however giving the Exile's condition,he still needed Visas to track her down. However it is a feat... Imagine the power of Vitiate and if he was felt by the Lord of Hunger,and how Nihilus would act? smile :P

He is not (so) hyperboled like Luke or Sidious,that not even the black hole could move that guy and the other is the dark side itself,the pure dark side...blah, blah,blah...

Now those are *real hyperboles*

Sinious
LMAO

Freedon Nadd
LMAO

I should LMAO it more frequently at Luke or Sidious vs's.

LMAO LMAO

If Vitiate>Nihilus,as you claim,then beating Sidious is not hard thing for him! wink

But let's not bring in the strongest Shit* here too... :P

Sinious
Sidious would humiliate Nihilus.

The Merchant
I would humiliate Nihilus

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>