Ulic Qel Droma vs. Darth Thanathon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

Emperordmb
Force: Thanaton
Sabers: Ulic

Those were obvious... the all out is far more tricky. I'm leaning Thanaton though.

ares834
Ulic.

GenomeFrozener
Ulic Qel Droma

S_W_LeGenD
Thanaton; canonically a "supremely powerful" Sith Lord in history, only Sith Emperor received matching accolade.

Thanaton, in his prime, was so powerful that he literally one-shot his younger-self with his powers in a vision (the same younger-self who managed to go toe-to-toe with the apprentice of Sith Emperor in an epic duel, the same apprentice who would waste even the likes of Ulic in a duel). If this sounds confusing then:

Thanaton (young) <= Exal Kressh (capable of collapsing buildings, destroyed a gigantic space station with her powers, master of the Force) <<<< Thanaton (prime) (A member of Dark Council, canonically a supremely powerful Sith Lord during this time)

It would take Nox to acquire unprecedented command of Sith Sorcery and "combined might" of 6 warriors/Force-users to match and defeat Thanaton.

Ulic is badly outgunned.

Revanite2001
Thantons lightning would be far tooo much for Droma.

DarthAnt66
Ulic blocks it with his saber ^
Kun is a far more powerful then opponent than Thanathon, Ulic takes this.

Revanite2001
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

true...but thantons lighting could overpower uliq.

DarthAnt66
Just as Uliq's lightsaber prowess will overpower thanton?

Revanite2001

hmmmm thats a good point...

what are dromas best feats?. cause i remember thanton being able to fly with lightning...

DarthAnt66
I plan on making a Droma respect thread soon.

-He dueled evenly with Kun, who is said to have "unparalleled lightsaber abilities".
-In his duel with Mandalore, he easily dodged lots of blaster fire and even put up shields to deflect some other of it. (possessed lightning-fast reflexes)
-Has a good list of kills under his belt including Cay Droma and Warb Null, and even ingle-handedly battled dozens of Beast Riders at the same time.

I would say those are the main things ^

Revanite2001
I plan on making a Droma respect thread soon.

-He dueled evenly with Kun, who is said to have "unparalleled lightsaber abilities".
-In his duel with Mandalore, he easily dodged lots of blaster fire and even put up shields to deflect some other of it. (possessed lightning-fast reflexes)
-Has a good list of kills under his belt including Cay Droma and Warb Null, and even ingle-handedly battled dozens of Beast Riders at the same time.

I would say those are the main things ^

hmmm...maybe he would win

also i love your respect thread!

Nephthys

Thanatons apprentice was the best swordsman in the Empire. But he was still Thanaton's b*tch.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Nephthys
Thanatons apprentice was the best swordsman in the Empire. But he was still Thanaton's b*tch.
Ironic, isn't it?

People mistakenly think less of Thanaton because Nox overpowered him. People do not focus on the context of how Thanaton was overcome.

SWTOR(E) makes it clear that Thanaton is among the BIG GUNS of the mythos, he can hang with BIG BOYS because he is that damn good. He is "supremely powerful" in the ways of the Force and also a master swordsman.

As if it is that easy. I really don't get these kind of assumptions.

Thanaton is so damn proficient with Sith lightning that he can create whirlwinds with such power. Their is no f****** way that a lightsaber will be enough to block that kind of power.

Thanaton can literally one-shot even "powerful Force-users" with his Sith lightning, he is this damn potent.

Also, Thanaton is a master swordsman as well.

And how exactly is Kun far more powerful then Thanaton? Because of lore factor?

It is not wise to make these kind of assumptions without properly knowing the facts.

Lord Stark
Unfortunately for Thanaton he just is far less cool looking and sounding than other Dark Council members (Marr, Jadus, and Mortis) and isn't snappy and lol worthy (Ravage).

@Neph Which apprentice was the greatest swordsman in the Empire?

Thanaton was top tier, it was made clear when Marr (who lets face it is the de facto Emperor) plainly admitted he thought Thanaton would outlive him.

Nephthys
Truth. Thanaton is just so pompous and gets his ass kicked by Nox so badly that its easy to forget that he's one of the most powerful Sith in TOR.

Lord Skar.

"Since rising up from the Korriban Academy, Lord Skar has been Darth Thanaton's apprentice. A valiant general and unparalleled lightsaber duelist, many have marveled that Skar has never moved against his master.

In truth, Skar finds the life of a scheming Sith Lord distasteful, and prefers the more visceral thrill of battle to the political machinations of a Darth. But that is not to say that Skar lacks ambition, and he has been responsible for his fair number of betrayals and dead rivals over the years."

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
Truth. Thanaton is just so pompous and gets his ass kicked by Nox so badly that its easy to forget that he's one of the most powerful Sith in TOR.

Lord Skar.

"Since rising up from the Korriban Academy, Lord Skar has been Darth Thanaton's apprentice. A valiant general and unparalleled lightsaber duelist, many have marveled that Skar has never moved against his master.

In truth, Skar finds the life of a scheming Sith Lord distasteful, and prefers the more visceral thrill of battle to the political machinations of a Darth. But that is not to say that Skar lacks ambition, and he has been responsible for his fair number of betrayals and dead rivals over the years."

Also lets face it, he was pretty poorly written compared to villains like Baras, the Emperor, Jadus, and the First Son (badass reveal).

S_W_LeGenD
SWTOR(E) does justice with Thanaton, confirms how damn powerful he was. People should read this book.

Lord Stark
^That doesn't really excuse how he just feels like a tacked on villain. Like Baras you have a reason to hate; he outright betrayed you. Thanaton has this strange hard on for killing Zash, and just seems like a bad comic book villain with the hyped up villain of the week being easily put down by Lord Kallig.

Alas Jadus should have been the Sith Inquisitor's master. He was way too epic to only have appearances in Act I. Also he's the only bad mother****er on the Dark Council to figure out that the Emperor wanted to eat the galaxy.

S_W_LeGenD
Lore wise, Thanaton may not compete with some on appeal factor. However, he have had all the qualities of a bad@ss Sith. He packed serious punch, remained ambitious, betrayed, schemed, killed, explored, formed personal powerbase...

Lord Stark
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Lore wise, Thanaton may not compete with some on appeal factor. However, he have had all the qualities of a bad@ss Sith. He packed serious punch, remained ambitious, betrayed, schemed, killed, explored, formed personal powerbase...

Sure but compare
5ga-DxGa-q0

to
dNXwjfhZj78

and don't even get me started on the raging nerd boner I get with this.

HjnRQFDWbrE

Nephthys
Jadus is so cool.

Lord Stark
^At least I can hope for his return being he never canonically dies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.