Harry potter and Dumbledore vs Iron man and War machine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDeadpool
Tony and Colonel find themselves in a weird place then face these two wizards , which team wins?

Psychotron
Can't Iron Man and War Machine just nuke them from the air?

BloodRain
The repulser packs more of a punch than anything they throw.

StealthRanger
Team Armor stomps

Utrigita
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Team Armor stomps

quanchi112
Dumbledore solos.

BruceSkywalker
lolol

The magic dummies lose this..

Psychotron
Originally posted by quanchi112
Dumbledore solos.

Lol no.

KingD19
We've been shown very clearly that inanimate objects are immune to magic for the most part. I think the spells would probably just bounce off the armor.

But even if not, Team Suit is much faster. They literally only need to raise a hand and fire a single repulsor. Fight over.

God Cloth Seiya
Either iron man or war machine solo.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
We've been shown very clearly that inanimate objects are immune to magic for the most part. I think the spells would probably just bounce off the armor.

But even if not, Team Suit is much faster. They literally only need to raise a hand and fire a single repulsor. Fight over.

The spells may or may not work on the armor. However, I'm pretty sure that bullets will kill the wizards. I haven't seen the wizards show any defense against modern artillery, let alone Stark's advanced technology.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Psychotron
Lol no. I didn't stutter.

KingD19
Originally posted by FrothByte
The spells may or may not work on the armor. However, I'm pretty sure that bullets will kill the wizards. I haven't seen the wizards show any defense against modern artillery, let alone Stark's advanced technology.

That's why Rowling said wizards would be scared of a local yokel with a shotgun. But we saw that even Fiendfyre was useless against a block of stone. No way are they compromising that armor.

Time Immemorial

Nukes?

KingD19
By nuke he means just drop their ordinance. Which includes repulsors, missiles, lasers, and bullets.

Time Immemorial
By nuke he means just drop their ordinance. Which includes repulsors, missiles, lasers, and bullets.

Gotcha

jinXed by JaNx

Yeah, they could, unless a transmutation spell is used to turn them into tiny animals

KingD19
What evidence is there that transmutation will bypass their armor? We see spells not working on metal and stone.

maxivitopowe
there is always the reducto spell
but if that fails then the wizards are boned

quanchi112
That's why Rowling said wizards would be scared of a local yokel with a shotgun. But we saw that even Fiendfyre was useless against a block of stone. No way are they compromising that armor. Movies only, sport.

KingD19
I'm sorry. What about the Harry Potter Movieverse was so fundamentally different from the books that that quote no longer holds credence?

Was it how they were both pretty much exactly the same?

That must be it.

quanchi112
I'm sorry. What about the Harry Potter Movieverse was so fundamentally different from the books that that quote no longer holds credence?

That must be it. I didn't read the books but from what I have been told he wasn't aware of the Horcruxes being destroyed whereas in the movies he knew immediately. Movie feats only, old sport.

StealthRanger
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
there is always the reducto spell
but if that fails then the wizards are boned

How destructive is that? :hmm

KingD19
I didn't read the books but from what I have been told he wasn't aware of the Horcruxes being destroyed whereas in the movies he knew immediately. Movie feats only, old sport.

Okay first, seriously? Him knowing pieces of his soul were being destroyed is such a huuuuge difference that it makes gun toting people no longer a threat? I'm gonna need a citation on that.

Second, I never said anything about feats, but if we wanna talk feats.

Iron Man uses his laser that cut through reinforced titanium like a hot knife through butter in 2 seconds.

Iron Man and War Machine simply punch them and send them flying.

Iron Man and War Machine use repulsors, which send them flying.

Iron Man shoots his tank missile that blows them both up.

Iron Man and War Machine use their Unibeams.

I could go on. And since pretty much every spell will uselessly bounce off their armor, and with their human reaction time they can't dodge anything...the Brits lose to America...again.

quanchi112
Okay first, seriously? Him knowing pieces of his soul were being destroyed is such a huuuuge difference that it makes gun toting people no longer a threat? I'm gonna need a citation on that.

Second, I never said anything about feats, but if we wanna talk feats.

Iron Man uses his laser that cut through reinforced titanium like a hot knife through butter in 2 seconds.

Iron Man and War Machine simply punch them and send them flying.

Iron Man and War Machine use repulsors, which send them flying.

Iron Man shoots his tank missile that blows them both up.

Iron Man and War Machine use their Unibeams.

I could go on. And since pretty much every spell will uselessly bounce off their armor, and with their human reaction time they can't dodge anything...the Brits lose to America...again. So you admit that is a huge difference with the books so my point is proven. They are different. Quit citing the books when we are discussing the movies.

Nope. Dumbledore easily wrecks them with his fire spell he used on the Inferi. smile

Iron Man suits went down easily in part three.

KingD19
So you admit that is a huge difference with the books so my point is proven. They are different. Quit citing the books when we are discussing the movies.

Nope. Dumbledore easily wrecks them with his fire spell he used on the Inferi. smile

Iron Man suits went down easily in part three.

That's not enough of a difference to make anything the creator of the books and a very big part of the creative process when it came to the movies lose credibility. Sensing his soul being destroyed now means bullets can't hurt him...that's what your saying right?

And the suits went down easily because Tony was just making them to make them. They were pieces of crap for the most part and that was pointed out as he was exhausted and not thinking straight as he built them. But look how well War Machine stood up to punishment as well as his real armor.

Also, if you're comparing Dumbledore's fire spell to Extremis soldiers who can insta-melt high grade steel and spit magma...well that's actually normal for you. Wizard schlong so far down your throat it's cutting off oxygen to your brain.

quanchi112
That's not enough of a difference to make anything the creator of the books and a very big part of the creative process when it came to the movies lose credibility. Sensing his soul being destroyed now means bullets can't hurt him...that's what your saying right?

And the suits went down easily because Tony was just making them to make them. They were pieces of crap for the most part and that was pointed out as he was exhausted and not thinking straight as he built them. But look how well War Machine stood up to punishment as well as his real armor.

Also, if you're comparing Dumbledore's fire spell to Extremis soldiers who can insta-melt high grade steel and spit magma...well that's actually normal for you. Wizard schlong so far down your throat it's cutting off oxygen to your brain. That is only one difference which is huge. There are others. They are different. They are based off the books. Think.

Magical fire. We see in part three the suits easily go down. You don't even debate under the rules.

Movie Dumbledore solos.

KingD19

Magical fire. We see in part three the suits easily go down. You don't even debate under the rules.

So you're going to ignore the scenes showing that the suits were hastily and poorly put together just because Tony couldn't sleep and needed something to occupy his time?

Also do you have any evidence that shows how hot the fire burned? Inferi are bad against fire, but the temperatures the Extremis reached(actually belching magma) is far above any sort of normal looking fire unless you can prove it's similar in temperatures.

Silent Master
Wizards are not immune to bullets, lasers, missiles or repulsors.

God Cloth Seiya
Which is why any of Iron mans armors would solo.

quanchi112
So you're going to ignore the scenes showing that the suits were hastily and poorly put together just because Tony couldn't sleep and needed something to occupy his time?

Also do you have any evidence that shows how hot the fire burned? Inferi are bad against fire, but the temperatures the Extremis reached(actually belching magma) is far above any sort of normal looking fire unless you can prove it's similar in temperatures. I am saying that despite that his suits can't hold up against Dumbledore's for and his absolute mastery of this spell.

I have the suits being destroyed and his fire burning through water.

smile

Robtard
Originally posted by DrDeadpool
Tony and Colonel find themselves in a weird place then face these two wizards , which team wins?

They might be able to take down one IM suit, likely Rhodes since he's not as quick and smart as Stark. The other suit kills the wizards.

MarvelMan02
The Iron Men win majority.

TheGrat1
Seriously? Dumbledore can teleport and turn their armor to sand with Reducto. After that he can do whatever he likes: Crucio, Avada Kadavra, turn them into kettles and make tea in them, etc..

Also, wizards seem to be able to disable muggle electronics easily, see: that barkeeper who shut off a car alarm with a flick of his wand.

Psychotron
Or alternatively the suits just shoot the wizards dead.

The Silent Hero
Dumbledore can just twist them into a bloody ball of metal and flesh. The suits can be manipulated like anything else.

"Accio arc reactors!"

The Iron Men can't stop this.

Psychotron
I'm pretty sure missiles, lasers, and bullets are faster than an old man's mouth.

Silent Master
How can Dumbledore say "Accio arc reactors!" when he doesn't even know that arc reactors exist?

Epicurus
I didn't read the books but from what I have been told he wasn't aware of the Horcruxes being destroyed whereas in the movies he knew immediately. Movie feats only, old sport.
IIRC, he learnt of Harry and co's plot to destroy the horcruxes only after he was made aware of the theft at Gringotts in the second part of the film. Which is exactly how it went down in the books as well.

Heck, the books actually go so far as to say that he can't feel it when a horcrux is destroyed, as the pieces of soul have been detached for so long that he no longer feels as a human does.

TheGrat1
Originally posted by Silent Master
How can Dumbledore say "Accio arc reactors!" when he doesn't even know that arc reactors exist?
General knowledge, no?

Silent Master
I don't think the suits being powered by arc reactors would be considered general knowledge as I doubt very many people actually know about it.

The Silent Hero
I'm pretty sure missiles, lasers, and bullets are faster than an old man's mouth. When have they shown this speed? Men with ordinary reaction times (Thor, The Mandarin) made mincemeat of Tony.

Dumbledore waves his wand without saying anything and it's over.

Firefly218
It'll be more clear how Tony handles magic once it's introduced in the Marvel universe.

Doctor Strange vs. Tony Stark

Psychotron
Originally posted by The Silent Hero
When have they shown this speed? Men with ordinary reaction times (Thor, The Mandarin) made mincemeat of Tony.

Or, you know, Tony and War Machine (the trained soldier) just shoot. They don't even need to aim, because the suits do it for them.

Silent Master
Magic is already in the Marvel universe, see Thor, Loki and the other Asgardians..plus Dr. Strange was mentioned in the new Cap movie.

TheGrat1
I don't think the suits being powered by arc reactors would be considered general knowledge as I doubt very many people actually know about it.
In the Iron Man 2 opening sequence we see that Scientific American ran a cover story dubbed "Stark's Arc" with a picture of a miniaturized arc reactor, citing it as a power source. So yes, it is general knowledge that the arc reactor exists and that it supplies energy. It would not be difficult for a genius like Dumbledore to put two and two together and deduce that the blue-white circular reactor is the blue-white circular disc in their chests. Not that he needs to rip them out to win anyway.

Epicurus
Originally posted by The Silent Hero
When have they shown this speed? Men with ordinary reaction times (Thor, The Mandarin) made mincemeat of Tony.

The Mandarin never existed. Thor as an Asgardian has superhuman reflexes, was holding back in that encounter not to mention that Tony's repulsor blasts actually hit him in their brief little scuffle as well.

What a bullshit point to make.thumb down

Silent Master
You realize that you just admitted that the arc reactor being the suit's power source isn't general knowledge.

Epicurus
Originally posted by TheGrat1
General knowledge, no?
Not in forum rules.

Epicurus
Originally posted by TheGrat1
In the Iron Man 2 opening sequence we see that Scientific American ran a cover story dubbed "Stark's Arc" with a picture of a miniaturized arc reactor, citing it as a power source. So yes, it is general knowledge that the arc reactor exists and that it supplies energy. It would not be difficult for a genius like Dumbledore to put two and two together and deduce that the blue-white circular reactor is the blue-white circular disc in their chests. Not that he needs to rip them out to win anyway.
Wizards can't even figure out how telephones work in the HPverse, and you're claiming that Dumbledore can compromise a piece of technology as sophisticated as the Arc? Stop kidding yourself.

Not to mention that he'll have to figure it out in the middle of battle, and presupposing the fact that he could even pull that off is being overtly generous to him.

Lol at you calling Dumbledore a genius when comparing him to a guy who managed to create a 3 gigawatt powersuit literally from a bunch of scrap in the middle of a desert. Even while being half dead, no less.

Silent Master
I forgot about the arc reactors existing being public knowledge, but having thought about it I now remember that Tony had a big one in the first Iron-man movie that Stane said was a publicity stunt and one of Stark's towers in Avengers was being powered by one.

Still, I don't think the suits being powered by them are general knowledge.

Epicurus

That must be it.
He did a 180 degree roundabout in this thread and claimed that Rowling's opinions regarding Riddle's age apply just because she is writing the screenplay for that movie. Yet her opinion doesn't count with the mainstream HP series even though she influenced the scripts of 3 of the movies and was exec producer for the final installment.

In other words, quan is being the hypocritical prick that he is well known for being around these part.

Firefly218
Magic is already in the Marvel universe, see Thor, Loki and the other Asgardians..plus Dr. Strange was mentioned in the new Cap movie.

The Asgardians claim their powers to be advanced science, not magic. I know doctor strange was mentioned in cap 2, I was referring to his actual cinematic introduction.

Once magic is officially introduced to the MCU, we can see how Tony's suit handles it. That's what I said, dumbass.

You can continue Silent Masterbating now

Epicurus
I forgot about the arc reactors existing being public knowledge, but having thought about it I now remember that Tony had a big one in the first Iron-man movie that Stane said was a publicity stunt and one of Stark's towers in Avengers was being powered by one.

Still, I don't think the suits being powered by them are general knowledge.
When Rhodey and that Air Force major were dismantling the suit for Hammer to weaponize, the major commented on whether the arc reactor was the power source or not of the suit. Not to mention he didn't seem to have the first clue as to what the device actually was.

If a trained military operative in that section of the Air Force which deals with next generation weapons would be skeptical and semi-ignorant about what the arc reactor is, then there is no way in hell that the average joe would be sufficiently aware of such a device, nevermind a mage from a different universe who should logically have no idea about the armored opponents he's facing in this thread.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Firefly218
The Asgardians claim their powers to be advanced science, not magic. I know doctor strange was mentioned in cap 2, I was referring to his actual cinematic introduction.

Once magic is officially introduced to the MCU, we can see how Tony's suit handles it. That's what I said, dumbass.

You can continue Silent Masterbating now

This debate has been done before, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/science but going by the actual definition of the word...magic easily qualifies as a science.

Firefly218
This debate has been done before, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/science but going by the actual definition of the word...magic easily qualifies as a science.

We're not going into semantics here. By Thor's definition, magic is that which cannot be explained by science. According to Thor, who is a pretty credible source, Asgardian powers can be explained by science. Therefore, he doesn't consider them magic.

Once magic is officially recognized, then we can gauge Iron Man's resistance to it.

Your arguments all consist of pathetic manipulation of semantics and fanboy bias. Try bring logical for once.

Silent Master
Thor said that magic and science are one and the same and he's right.

ares834
It's "sufficiently advanced technology". The Dark World and AoS have made them abundantly clear.

Silent Master
At no point in any of the movies did they state that magic wasn't real, Thor just said that magic and science are one and the same; which is true.

Firefly218
At no point in any of the movies did they state that magic wasn't real, Thor just said that magic and science are one and the same; which is true.

No, Thor said what we consider magic, they consider science.

Silent Master
No, Thor said what we consider magic, they consider science.

Because magic is just another branch of science.

Firefly218
Because magic is just another branch of science.

Technically, anything can be considered a science. You know perfectly well Thor wasn't referring to science in this context. You just enjoy being a prick

ares834
Dude, it's tech. We see this. Like when Thor takes Jane to the Soulforge and she describes how it is science. Or how Sif talks about how SHIELD uses some technology similar to what Asgard used a long time ago.

Heck, Feige has even connected the magic that Dr. Strange will use with Quantum Physics rather than the supernatural.

Psychotron
Taking the magic away from Asgard and Thor is one of the reasons why the Thor movies have been so shitty.

Silent Master
They didn't take away magic, they just added tech; I mean Loki and Odin were both shown using magic.

Time Immemorial
Taking the magic away from Asgard and Thor is one of the reasons why the Thor movies have been so shitty.

Technically, anything can be considered a science. You know perfectly well Thor wasn't referring to science in this context. You just enjoy being a prick

laughing out loud

ares834
They didn't take away magic, they just added tech; I mean Loki and Odin were both shown using magic.

Just like Dr. Manhattan, Jedi, and Mutants use "magic"...

Hmm, I actually enjoyed that.

Psychotron
Originally posted by ares834

Hmm, I actually enjoyed that.

The Force is pretty much magic/god.

Not really. Loki's illusions are basically holograms, that soul forge was some quantum bullshit, Thor can't travel without the bifrost, the dark elves were on some Phantom Menace style space ships, etc.

Silent Master
Loki's illusions were never stated to be tech based, plus there is still Odin stripping Thor of his powers and then enchanting Mjolnir.

ares834
The Force is pretty much magic/god.

Nah, Lucas has tried to distance it from magic, it has far more in common with Chi than actual magic.

Time Immemorial
Loki's illusions were never stated to be tech based, plus there is still Odin stripping Thor of his powers and then enchanting Mjolnir.

Quit changing the subject when your wrong.

Silent Master
Listing examples of them using magic isn't changing the subject.

Time Immemorial
So as Ares said

And Odin is a god, he speaks, it happens.

Silent Master
Loki was called a magician/sorcerer in the movies, were the people ares listed?

Time Immemorial
Loki was called a magician/sorcerer in the movies, were the people ares listed?

Thats right I forgot you didn't actually watch the movies. Go watch Thor, brainless kid. Thor isn't that smart but he can prolly explain it to you in a barney style version.

Silent Master
I have seen the movies, thus knowing that about Loki being called those names.

Time Immemorial
I have seen the movies, thus knowing that about Loki being called those names.

Yea you saw them on youtube.

Silent Master
No, I saw them at the theatre and own the DVD's.

Time Immemorial
No, I saw them at the theatre and own the DVD's.

And Fire says it best about you. Keep master bating.

We're not going into semantics here. By Thor's definition, magic is that which cannot be explained by science. According to Thor, who is a pretty credible source, Asgardian powers can be explained by science. Therefore, he doesn't consider them magic.

Once magic is officially recognized, then we can gauge Iron Man's resistance to it.

Your arguments all consist of pathetic manipulation of semantics and fanboy bias. Try bring logical for once.

Silent Master
Thor never said they weren't magic, he just said that magic and science are the same thing; which they are.

Psychotron
Nah, Lucas has tried to distance it from magic, it has far more in common with Chi than actual magic.

Chi? Since when does Chi give you magic lightning powers, lets you see the future, and writes your destiny?

They still looked all too sci-fi to be magic. Marvel definitely tried to make it science instead of magic. The Dark Elves were using blaster rifles, and the Asgardians had force fields and laser turrets and shit. It was awful.

Firefly218

Thor clearly stated that Asgardian power is the result of advanced science that humans don't understand yet, and therefore consider magic.

While I admit Odin striping Thor of his powers seems magical, that doesn't mean it is. Just because we don't know the scientific explanation of Odin's power, doesn't mean it's not scientific. And as we know from Thor, IT IS SCIENTIFIC.

I applaud you for bringing up an actual, legitimate point

Silent Master
Again as magic is just another branch of science; Thor was right.

Time Immemorial
Thor clearly stated that Asgardian power is the result of advanced science that humans don't understand yet, and therefore consider magic.

While I admit Odin striping Thor of his powers seems magical, that doesn't mean it is. Just because we don't know the scientific explanation of Odin's power, doesn't mean it's not scientific. And as we know from Thor, IT IS SCIENTIFIC.

I applaud you for bringing up an actual, legitimate point

Exactly

Again as magic is just another branch of science; Thor was right.

Thor didn't say that, quit being stupid.

ares834
Chi? Since when does Chi give you magic lightning powers, lets you see the future, and writes your destiny?

According to certain legends, some monks were supposedly capable of mystical feats such as communication with the dead, levitation, being able to cause stuff to spontaneously combust and other things.

Psychotron
According to certain legends, some monks were supposedly capable of mystical feats such as communication with the dead, levitation, being able to cause stuff to spontaneously combust and other things.

I still wouldn't say they're that similar. Jedi always struck me as warrior/mages with a bit of monk as well.

But Chi is supposed to be within everyone and all of us should be able to harness it, while the Force can only be used by a select few.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.