Lucy (2014)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
plot synopsis:
Lucy works as a drug mule who gets caught up with group of drug runners who kidnap her and implant a stash of drugs within her abdomen. When the drugs start to leak inside her, it triggers a reaction, causing her to slowly learn how to use the full capacity of her brain, making her seemingly unstoppable.

Starring: Scarlett Johansson & Morgan Freeman.

MVt32qoyhi0

marwash22
looks like "Limitless".

starmovie
yet you have the full version?

NemeBro
"When the drugs start to leak inside her, it triggers a reaction, causing her to slowly learn how to use the full capacity of her brain, making her seemingly unstoppable."

**** my sides. crylaugh

Robtard
Agreed, ****ing ridiculous

marwash22
full-retard excellence.

focus4chumps
once the "we only use 10% of our brains" fallacy was uttered in the trailer i rolled my eyes. enough of this stupid pseudo-science please.

Esau Cairn
I'd like to implant something in Scarlet...

Lestov16
LOL. This is the second movie Morgan Freeman is in this year that involves transhuman potential.

I am looking forward to this, and I'm pretty sure the scientific accuracy isn't meant to be taken seriously. Looks like a cross between Chronicle and Limitless. Seems fun and Besson always entertains.

Firefly218
Looks awesome. ScarJo is legit

Firefly218
Originally posted by focus4chumps
once the "we only use 10% of our brains" fallacy was uttered in the trailer i rolled my eyes. enough of this stupid pseudo-science please.

That's why it's called science fiction. The force and magic don't actually exist either.

marwash22
Originally posted by Firefly218
That's why it's called science fiction. The force and magic don't actually exist either. you've clearly never had a girl put your franks and beans in her mouth at the same time.

magic is real, my son.

but yeah, the force is a crock of shit.

Lestov16
She seems like Alice from the RE movies without the blandness and blatant nepotism.

Firefly218
Originally posted by marwash22
you've clearly never had a girl put your franks and beans in her mouth at the same time.

It's on my bucket list wink

Esau Cairn
you've clearly never had a girl put your franks and beans in her mouth at the same time.

Like the small ones you get at parties, with the tooth picks in them?

Man, I can fit at least four of them in my mouth. wink

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Like the small ones you get at parties, with the tooth picks in them?

Man, I can fit at least four of them in my mouth. wink
So, you started off owning Marwash, and then owned yourself?

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Omega Vision
So, you started off owning Marwash, and then owned yourself?

Even my sense of humour turns against me every now & then.

Bean juice anyone?

marwash22
Originally posted by Omega Vision
So, you started off owning Marwash, and then owned yourself? ikr. that took an unexpected turn at the end there.

Psychotron
When will Hollywood stop using the 10% myth? Can't say I'm not disappointed in the trailer or that ScarJo is still finding work.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by Firefly218
That's why it's called science fiction. The force and magic don't actually exist either.

neither the force nor magic are disprovable. they are based on mysticism and not recycled junk science tailored for idiots.

the 10% brain fallacy is.

it's an overused, patently false, and f***ing stupid plot point.

ShadowFyre
I think it looks cool. When she dropped those dudes was pretty cool.

carver9
Looking at the previews where would you place her power wise?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bN7ksFEVO9U

And who is the weakest being that can stop her in your opinion. This is going by the previews...so base it off of that until we see the movie.

Time Immemorial
Its over 9000.

Lestov16
At the very least she will be Phoenix Jean level, if not Akira level. If the time rewind was objective and not in her head, she is easily Q level.

BruceSkywalker
if she is nude than her power level will be off the charts

Robtard

Mindship
Trailers are deceiving. She could be a glass cannon. I'll wait til the movie.

marwash22
Originally posted by Mindship
Trailers are deceiving. She could be a glass cannon. I'll wait til the movie. thumb up

people kill me making threads in advance of the movie even being released.

Impediment
Merged.

Time Immemorial
thumb up

people kill me making threads in advance of the movie even being released.

Carver gets exited a lot and has no were to release that excitement cept on KMC laughing

Dude111
Im afraid so mate!

Lestov16
Just saw this. I'd say 7.5/10. Besson perfects his craft of delivering a rather silly plot, but making it enjoyable due to great direction, dialogue, themes, and pacing. Excellent visuals (especially the 2001 Stargate-esque "99%" sequence) add to the entertainment. The film is definitely flawed, but due to it's quick pace, disbelief was able to be comfortably suspended.

Amongst the films flaws (besides the obvious 10% myth)
-Due to the quick pace, we don't get much in terms of character besides from Lucy. I don't even remember Morgan Freeman's character name. Besides Lucy, everybody was a stock character.
- after seeing Lucy collapse a hall-full of people with a handwave, the gangster villains, who were the main antagonists of the entire film, didn't seem to be that much of a credible threat. TBF though, I did like the circumstances in which they posed a danger to her at the end. I thought it was well-scripted

Overall, I enjoyed the film to the point that these flaws didn't bother me. I also really love how they ended the film. Lucy transcends into incorporeal omnipresence and gives Freeman a hard drive with all of her knowledge, so it can be shared with the world to advance humanity". Much better than the other transhuman Freeman flick released this year, that ended pretty much with an apocalypse.

I consider this similar to Pacific Rim (PR is definitely the better written and directed film), in which it is a film you will have to shut your brain off to enjoy. But it is an entertaining 90 minute thrill ride that embraces it's extravagance and makes it a fun escapist experience to have as long as you're in the mood to shut off your serious-meter and enjoy it.

7.5/10

BruceSkywalker
looks like this will be a success

NemeBro
I hear Lucy murders a Taiwanese man for the crime of not speaking English.

Tzeentch
That's shown in the trailer you degenerate.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Lestov16
Just saw this. I'd say 7.5/10.

You haven't led me astray, yet, with one of your reviews.

Here's hoping you still got it. (I plan to see it tonight...maybe)

Lestov16
Originally posted by NemeBro
I hear Lucy murders a Taiwanese man for the crime of not speaking English.

Actually she only wounds him. He is heard screaming my leg as they're driving away. He also may have been one of the gang members based on how he was dressed and they were outside a gang clubhouse.

fostersAccount
10% brain thing lost me. If it's that stupid in the previews it's going to drive me nuts in the actual film

BruceSkywalker
just got back from seeing this..

decent film.. i understood what was being said..

its an updated version of Altered States with a touch of Transcendence ..

i'd give it 6/10

Time Immemorial
I liked the movie and they expanded on untouched areas of Limitless and Transcendence. I left the movie feeling good about it. Not to mention Scarlett is always nice to see.

Time Immemorial
Sadly I cannot find any info on a sequel.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Time Immemorial

lol...

Lestov16
Originally posted by Time Immemorial

This doesn't seem like a film that can have a sequel. Not only was her story concluded, but the story of humanity itself, when she gave Freeman the drive with her infinite knowledge on it, reached a transhumanist conclusion.

Time Immemorial
It pisses me off that in Hollywood the mindset is you have to take drugs to reach pinnacle human condition. This is the second or third movie like this, why are they preaching this meathod.

Lestov16
This movie wasn't made by Hollywood. It was made by an European production company. Only other film I recall like this was Limitless, which I also enjoyed. I'm pretty sure after this film the trope will be dead though, since it will just be compared to Lucy and Limitless.

Time Immemorial
This movie wasn't made by Hollywood. It was made by an European production company. Only other film I recall like this was Limitless, which I also enjoyed. I'm pretty sure after this film the trope will be dead though, since it will just be compared to Lucy and Limitless.

Well I guess that makes me feel a little better that Hollywood didn't actually produce it.

fostersAccount
Thanks for the spoiler tag.. last time I use this forum for any films I haven't seen

Lestov16
Please forgive me, Frodo

Time Immemorial
Please forgive me, Frodo

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Impediment
Quit posting spoilers, Lestov. If you're gonna talk about the ending, then use spoiler tags. That goes for everyone.

Lestov16
Calm your titties, Imp. It was a mistake.

NemeBro
Shut up ****er, you're scum.

Lestov16
Don't make me backhand you in the mouth. You already didn't put enough pastrami on my sandwich. You don't want to test me.

NemeBro
You'd snap your skinny wrist on impact Femstov.

Lestov16
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/*****-slap.gif

See what you made me do, Neme? Apologize for making me hit you.

NemeBro
Picture didn't work.

Did your frail fingers not hit the keys right? Need a little help typing little guy?

Lestov16
Actually the picture would have humiliated you, so I decided to show mercy at the last minute. You don't need to fellate me for gratitude. A handjob will serve just fine.

NemeBro
These hands destroy cities and topple governments, I could no more grasp your meager boyhood than I could a the antennae of an ant.

Lestov16
You will not be the first prostitute I've had to throw out into 8 separate dumpsters. Your hand destroy cities, but mine destroy heavens.

Mindship
Just saw the movie. Great little flick, hokey theories aside. At least now we know where Marvel's Sentry gets his power of a million exploding suns from.

quanchi112
Calm your titties, Imp. It was a mistake. You disgust me. Ruining the movie for others. You are the lowest of the low.

Jackwill123
Great actors !! Recommended??

SamuelClark
The only thing I liked about this movie was Scarlet...

Robtard
This was a pretty terrible flick start to finish.

Lestov16
Gotta disagree with you there Rob. Illogical, sure, but unentertaining? Nah.

Robtard
Scarlet is nice to look at, but that doesn't make a good movie.. The story and action though, overall bore-fest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.