Finaly Fintasy VII vs Diablo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Immemorial
Cloud and Sephiroth up against Angiris Council and Diablo, Baal and Mephisto.

Total Broadband
I am too lazy to scan the books and put them in here, especially when since I left years ago in that time it seems this forum has died, surprise surprise.

But the Final fantasy 7 universe would likely be required to take on both the Angiris Council and the three prime evils. In at least one of the books the Angiris council if I recall stopped time on a planetary scale, wiped/re-arranged the minds of every being on it and then put those beings back where they started years before, which was when the book started, thereby making the events seem like they never happened.

I would say Malthael of the Angiris council solos, he cant be touched unless attacked with the power of death itself, you have to become one with him to touch him. Even if by KMC rules that plot power (its his own and part of his being but if all things are made equel just so the FF slobs can do anything) then theres the fact all of the Angiris council are a "harmonic resonance" as are all the angels, their made up of light and sound, can Cloud and Sephiroth even "hit" beings of "light" and "sound"?

Most info for the Diablo characters are interwoven in the novels, manuels and I admit, a lot of info is based on power scaling which I hate but you've put just a couple of people against beings that could be a match to them individually.

As a reference, Imperious a member of the Angiris council and the leader since Malthael went mad (not really, just changed his mind on humanity imo) is stated in the Book of Cain (Diablo lore encyclopedia) to have forged his spear in the heart of a dying star and based on feats purely in the games and the Wrath cinematic Imperious can teleport, turn into and more or less attack while in a "energy" form and obliterate groups of demons instantly just by arriving. I don't see why Cloud and Seph wouldn't just disintegrate as soon as Imperious blasts down nearby.

Hell, as soon as Diablo arrives they could be screwed over anyway, they say anyone who gazes on Diablo sees the deepest fears of their minds and can go mad from it, perhaps even die with fear on the spot. His own brothers can stand being in his presence, perhaps having an immunity (or he can control it) and the Angiris council have fought him before in person however nethier Cloud or Seph have faced such an opponent have they? Who can say they wont both just be too pre-occupied with their own hallucinations/mental breakdown to even fight.

Not to mention Diablo can just BFR people to the realm of terror, the hellish domain of the lord of terror being just a nightmare formed by himself. The nephalim defeated in in-game by defeating Diablo's phantasmal form and his own fear but what if Diablo just dumps you into the realm of terror and returns to his brothers, leaving either Cloud or Seph (or both) there?

Is this Diablo as the Prime evil or just regular?

To add to those things off the top of my head (most of this post is, theres far more concerning the Diablo characters if I was bothered to apply to this thread some effort) you have "corruption" to deal with when it comes to Demons. As the Prime evil when Diablo marched through heaven, the whole realm despite being the opposite to his element and despite how ure the angels are to begin with and having foughr with/knowledge f demons and their corruption before almost instantly became part of Diablos army or devoured by the corruption he left as he moved.

Angels became dark angels and the land was covered in what looked like a black plague as if Diablos corruption had taken physical form. Heaven was literally collapsing just by Diablo being there....if anything, Cloud and Seph will be nothing more than mad, corrupted individuals just from Diablo being in their presence.

K1ll3r
Originally posted by Total Broadband
stopped time on a planetary scale, wiped/re-arranged the minds of every being on it and then put those beings back where they started years before, which was when the book started, thereby making the events seem like they never happened.

Is there any context of this, such as they had to come to a consensus or be in a specific area or does it drain there power or take time to happen? Is there a limit to the time stop or was it only able to affect their world \ universe etc?

I would say Malthael of the Angiris council solos, he cant be touched unless attacked with the power of death itself, you have to become one with him to touch him. Even if by KMC rules that plot power (its his own and part of his being but if all things are made equel just so the FF slobs can do anything) then theres the fact all of the Angiris council are a "harmonic resonance" as are all the angels, their made up of light and sound, can Cloud and Sephiroth even "hit" beings of "light" and "sound"?

There is a reason for that rule. I mean what is "The power of death itself" anyway? Especially when mixing universes? Even if they are 'harmonic resonance' Sephiroth has contained energy before with his will.

I don't see why Cloud and Seph wouldn't just disintegrate as soon as Imperious blasts down nearby.

Because they aren't demons?

Hell, as soon as Diablo arrives they could be screwed over anyway, they say anyone who gazes on Diablo sees the deepest fears of their minds and can go mad from it, perhaps even die with fear on the spot. His own brothers can stand being in his presence, perhaps having an immunity (or he can control it) and the Angiris council have fought him before in person however nethier Cloud or Seph have faced such an opponent have they? Who can say they wont both just be too pre-occupied with their own hallucinations/mental breakdown to even fight.

Cloud would probably be mentally weak enough to get mind raped by Diablo, however Sephiroth on the other hand can see through multi-verses and can create his own hallucinations for the entire opposing team and passively mind reads, Meaning even he couldn't see through Diablos hallucinations he would passively mind read Diablo knowing that he was hallucinating.

Not to mention Diablo can just BFR people to the realm of terror, the hellish domain of the lord of terror being just a nightmare formed by himself. The nephalim defeated in in-game by defeating Diablo's phantasmal form and his own fear but what if Diablo just dumps you into the realm of terror and returns to his brothers, leaving either Cloud or Seph (or both) there?

Is he able to permanently BFR and remove himself as well? I am sure Sephiroth and probably Cloud could make it through the realm of terror. Are you also sure he could BFR someone who willed himself back to life twice?

To add to those things off the top of my head (most of this post is, theres far more concerning the Diablo characters if I was bothered to apply to this thread some effort) you have "corruption" to deal with when it comes to Demons. As the Prime evil when Diablo marched through heaven, the whole realm despite being the opposite to his element and despite how ure the angels are to begin with and having foughr with/knowledge f demons and their corruption before almost instantly became part of Diablos army or devoured by the corruption he left as he moved.

Proof that those angels had greater will than Sephiroth would have to be given which I doubt you can do. Cloud however, might be corrupted and driven mad unless Sephiroth helps him.

On the other hand Sephiroth has solar system ending capability as well as light speed movement and attack movement, can cause shared or unshared hallucinations, absorb pure energy, contain and compress energy, telekinesis to a very fine control, can will himself back to life, passively mind read and survive without eating\sleeping\breathing by way of his will.

StealthRanger
Killer, STFU, Sephiroth is not lightspeed or SS level DC anymore than a cat is a dog

That said, as current things stand, most major Sephiroth is MHS with country level DC and shit

How does Diablo-verse stack up?

Total Broadband
As I said before I don't have a scanner and so I cant give quotes from the books directly so if you don't believe what I claim or say on the characters then we will have to agree to disagree on the point and leave the argument to a standstill.

So, in the case of the time stop, it affected at least the region the main character could see, I recall it being described as global, everywhere but the main characters were describing what they could see around them. As for its limits, those are unknown, it did not seem to take any time, it was a "will" based action, and I don't recall them having to debate the point, beforehand they debated on destroying the world and killing all humanity but this was declined, hence the next recourse. There was no special circumstances for the power, the only angel who was significantly being amped in the book was their enemy, Inarius who played no part in this.

In the game its just labelled as an element, the "power of death", it was an important event in the game, basically you need the aid of the souls of the dead, a lot of them to turn you "half dead" per say, its like your between life and death, a purgatory. Think of Malthael as being half in life and half in death, in a separate dimension, you cant hit him but he can influence you easily. To put things into perspective, Tyrael, the former Archangel of Justice wielded El'druin, a blade that hes used to fight demons of every type for untold hundreds of thousands of years and these demons come in every form imaginable, spirits, undead etc but he could not touch Malthael with his sword.

I would say considering a magic blade like El'druin could not touch him, and considering the Nephalim who use a lot of "will based" powers just like Sephirtoh does could not touch him their magic, that outside of KMC's rule of removing such unfair advantages (not enforced though, so w/e) Malthael is as good as invincible.

I don't recall it being suggested that Imperious' power only affected Demons, but it could be true.

Do you mind showing me Sephiroths passive mind reading? I recall it somewhat from my play of FF7 years ago but I don't recall its exact nature. Even if he did, its more than just an illusion, for example even Diablo's terror demons who excist as his dreams made flesh and who live in the realm of terror cannot look at Diablo without being overcome with fear, they know him well but his passive "aura" of fear still affects them and its their element. Unless Sephiroth has faced the greatest fears imaginable himself before I cant see him just ignoring it. Knowledge of the fear or illusion in this case does not change the "affect".

Theres no comparison in Diablo of a person who wills themselves to life off the top of my head, people have been reborn before and come back from the dead all the time but I cant see how it can be compared to being trapped in the realm of terror. Unless your suggesting he can "will" himself out of the realm of terror? As I said before, the Nephalim powers as shown in the "Sin War" trilogy mostly originate from their will, and therefore the Nephalim in Diablo 3 couldn't just will themselves out, maybe they never tried but they went through Diablo's trials.

To be honest I doubt I can prove Sephiroth "cannot" will himself out of it because no one has ever tried but at the same time I doubt Sephiroth has ever been sealed in a realm of terror before. Has he willed himself out of dimentional imprisonment in his own game?

As for them just getting through it, who knows? Whats their degree of fear resistance, assuming they somehow get through what Diablo throws at them, can they face themselves? As I said, in-game your fear is just an evil version of yourself working ofr Diablo, so I wonder could Sephiroth and Cloud beat a clone of themselves AND then still face off against the prime evil himself AFTER? This is assuming he des not just put them back in, its his own realm and he seems to come and go as he pleases, its as easy as teleporting to him.

Maybe not but that suggests you belive "will" is more than enough to stop the corruption, in many cases this was a physical change, Diablos corruption became a physical element that just overcame heaven, infact its a lot like how Sephiroths will corrupted and made the "negative" lifestream in a round about kind of way.

I don't recall him ever actually ending a solar system, unless your referring to the in-game spell "supernova" which canonically never happened, they never lost their solarsystem in the games, it always looked more like an illusion to me anyway and as for lightspeed movement, this is impossible.

We see Sephiroth in several fights with either Cloud, Zak or other people and he never moves at the speed of light, infact he gets defeated by Cloud who moves at about supersonic at best.

As for "willing" himself back to life, he cant will anything if he was corrupted, mind controlled, driven mad or had his soul devoured can he? I know Sephiroth has never had his soul eaten by a demon, without any essence or will surely then Sephirtoh is permanently dead?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.